What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Best Buy can kiss my fanny good-bye (1 Viewer)

Seems like a misleading title. Doesn't Q1 include xmas? I would imagine that every retailer sees huge drops in Q2 every year.
according to that article their most recent quarter ended Aug 4
Overall, Best Buy earned $12 million, or 4 cents per share, in the quarter ended Aug. 4. That compares with $128 million, or 34 cents per share. Revenue declined nearly 3 percent to $10.55 billion. Adjusted earnings were 20 cents per share, missing the 31 cents per share on revenue of $10.65 billion analysts had expected.

I've worked at Best Buy for almsot a year now.

Place is a joke.

I got an email from Hubert Joly the other day saying how happy he was to be the CEO. Good stuff.

I have insider informations if anybody wants.

:popcorn:

beside myself with anger over Best Buy's mishandling of a home repair situation. almost 6 weeks now and the situation is worse than the day they first screwed it up. they keep digging the hole deeper and deeper.

freaking unbelievable how incompetent their people are (all but one so far) when it comes to helping customers

I've worked at Best Buy for almsot a year now.Place is a joke.I got an email from Hubert Joly the other day saying how happy he was to be the CEO. Good stuff.I have insider informations if anybody wants. :popcorn:
Do you do much work? No offense but I've never seen a store with so many employees running around doing nothing.

I've worked at Best Buy for almsot a year now.Place is a joke.I got an email from Hubert Joly the other day saying how happy he was to be the CEO. Good stuff.I have insider informations if anybody wants. :popcorn:
Do you do much work? No offense but I've never seen a store with so many employees running around doing nothing.
Unfortunately, I work yes. I can't say the same for my co-workers. I actually work the counter for Geek Squad, which blows.When's the last time you've been in a BB? With employee cuts and the company not really hiring it's been a hell hole the last few months.Our department has been cut in half since the holidays because people have quit and nobody has been hired. I'm left to work the counter by myself 90% of the time now a days and when I go in the back to ask for help out front, it's like pulling teeth.Had a customer yesterday throw a pen at my face, snatch the paperwork out of my hands and said he was coming back with his lawyer. He didn't care to take his laptop. I can't remember the last day I wasn't yelled at by a customer or superior. :boxing:

I've worked at Best Buy for almsot a year now.

Place is a joke.

I got an email from Hubert Joly the other day saying how happy he was to be the CEO. Good stuff.

I have insider informations if anybody wants.

:popcorn:
Unfortunately, I work yes. I can't say the same for my co-workers. I actually work the counter for Geek Squad, which blows.When's the last time you've been in a BB? With employee cuts and the company not really hiring it's been a hell hole the last few months.

Our department has been cut in half since the holidays because people have quit and nobody has been hired. I'm left to work the counter by myself 90% of the time now a days and when I go in the back to ask for help out front, it's like pulling teeth.

Had a customer yesterday throw a pen at my face, snatch the paperwork out of my hands and said he was coming back with his lawyer. He didn't care to take his laptop.

I can't remember the last day I wasn't yelled at by a customer or superior.

:boxing:
You should yell back. No way you get fired because if the manager cant rehire your Req he would rather just put up with your ###.

Scary thing is the old owner/ceo wants tor e-takeover the company and is offering $23 a share. Guess they have a large cash balance and are actualy generating cash.

Unfortunately, I work yes. I can't say the same for my co-workers. I actually work the counter for Geek Squad, which blows.When's the last time you've been in a BB? With employee cuts and the company not really hiring it's been a hell hole the last few months.Our department has been cut in half since the holidays because people have quit and nobody has been hired. I'm left to work the counter by myself 90% of the time now a days and when I go in the back to ask for help out front, it's like pulling teeth.Had a customer yesterday throw a pen at my face, snatch the paperwork out of my hands and said he was coming back with his lawyer. He didn't care to take his laptop. I can't remember the last day I wasn't yelled at by a customer or superior. :boxing:
Pretty much sounds like I expected it to. Those places are pathetic.

Last edited by a moderator:
3 years ago BB had a bundle deal that I took advantage of, 52" Sony Bravia, PS3 and a game for a great price, and 3 years no interest financing. I did a lot of research and could not beat their price. That was probably the last time I was in one of their stores. I use Netflix for movies and Usenet for MP3s, haven't bought a CD in years. I build PCs and buy everything on Newegg or Ebay. I get my cellphones directly through my carrier, again ordering online. Similar to Blockbuster, it's getting to the point where I'm surprised when I drive by a BB store that's still open.

Went there a week ago there was no one trying to help people in the entire computer dept for a solid 45 minutes. Just empty.

Forgot to mention, the OP had me laughing hysterically last night, I had to show my wife. You guys have some great old threads going.

Hope they stick around for Christmas. Might have some great tv deals and I should be in the market for one plus a game system at that time. After that they can go bye-bye.

So some of you people actually argued that returning an item to a store where it was not purchased, is not fraud? :confused:

Way back someone was bragging how Circuit City bent over backwards with free help, how'd that work out?

You get a CD for xmas probably bought at walmart, and without a receipt just expect BB to give you store credit? Your MOM is a <blank>. I guarantee the lot of you with this mindset have a 'D' on your voter registration card.

And you can't wait for BB to go out of business? :confused: You are forced to shop there? Typical 'tolerance' for a 'D'.

The only person in this thread with a legitimate gripe is the guy with a Camcorder ext warranty. When you found out you couldn't get the problem resolved in the store, you should have remained cool, and went higher up. Yes, they did not take care of your problem in the store and they should have. You probably acted like Richard hence the lack of assistance.

Just bought a washer an dryer at BB, great customer service, great delivery and price matching. Way more helpful than the other stores in town. Not sure I'd buy too many small appliances or electronics there, but if they are competitive on price, then they swayed me back toward their stores with my last experience.

Used to be a big BB fanboy. Shopped there all the time. Not so much recently (last few years). Went in last week to help my brother pick a new computer out (he didn’t want to buy online, wanted one right then and there, wasn’t gonna fuss at him). Anyways, we waited for help in the computer department for almost a half hour. No help was to be found. All we needed help on was figuring out what box held what computer. The numbers were displayed improperly. Finally I said screw it, took the box I thought had the correct one (turned out I was right) and proceeded to check out. One line was open, and it had 9 customers in front of us. Everyone was complaining. Took forever. Once we got up to the second in line, another register opened. We went to that one.

Won’t be going back for the foreseeable future.

Wow. One would assume, with intense price competition with internet retailers, that service is your one opportunity to offer something they can't. Stick a fork in 'em.

It pains me that I am about to buy a new refrigerator from them. It's $20 cheaper than Sears (no biggie) but more importantly they can deliver next week while Sears I'm waiting 2 weeks. All things equal I'd go with Sears for sure.

At least I don't need to enter the store - online purchase with delivery.

Anybody have experience with their appliance delivery service and appliance return policy?

It pains me that I am about to buy a new refrigerator from them. It's $20 cheaper than Sears (no biggie) but more importantly they can deliver next week while Sears I'm waiting 2 weeks. All things equal I'd go with Sears for sure.At least I don't need to enter the store - online purchase with delivery.Anybody have experience with their appliance delivery service and appliance return policy?
I bought a new washer and dryer from Best Buy in April. The dryer was marked down $400 because it was a floor model lacking a matching partner. When they delivered the units a few days later, they noticed the dryer was missing an internal piece that allowed the dryer connect to the vent. The delivery guys told me they couldn't do anything about it and gave me the number for Geek Squad. :confused: Okay, so I call the national number for Geek Squad and spend the next 20 minutes trying to explain to this guy on the phone what this mystery piece is. Once he figures it out, it will take another week for them to have it shipped out to my house. Nice.After stewing over this for 24 hours, I call the store ticked that I was sold something with an essential part missing and then told to call the national Geek Squad number rather than the store handle it directly. He told me "that's how we handle this," but after insisting that I get better service than this, he finally says, "let me see what I can do." I get a call back in 10 minutes telling me that they'd deliver a new gas dryer and swap out mine with the missing piece, no charge.I think Best Buy is suffering an identity crisis right now. They are clearly in the middle of a significant transition to compete with the likes of Amazon and the other online retailers, but they are doing so at the expense of what makes a physical store desirable. You'd think Geek Squad would be seamlessly enmeshed with their operations, but it acts more like a contracted service that has virtually no integration with the stores they serve. The response of the store was to push off any customer issue to a national hotline and let them sort it out. In the end, they did the right thing and I was happy with the result, but I had to lean on them hard to come to that decision.

It pains me that I am about to buy a new refrigerator from them. It's $20 cheaper than Sears (no biggie) but more importantly they can deliver next week while Sears I'm waiting 2 weeks. All things equal I'd go with Sears for sure.At least I don't need to enter the store - online purchase with delivery.Anybody have experience with their appliance delivery service and appliance return policy?
A couple of weeks ago we had a 16yr old + dishwasher die on a Saturday- went to Sears on Sunday and by 9:00AM on Monday we had a dishwasher installed(and we had about 15 models to choose from) - installer even cleaned up a few other connections under the sink- really fantastic job. Sears also gives you 5% of on using their credit card - and they have this point reward deal - that gives you another 10% in value to use in-store.

Turns out Lowes has it cheaper so going with them. Samsung French Door 26 cuft stainless refrigerator for $1220 including tax and delivery. Not bad.

Turns out Lowes has it cheaper so going with them. Samsung French Door 26 cuft stainless refrigerator for $1220 including tax and delivery. Not bad.
Nothing but good experience for me with lowes.Bestbuy and Sears not so much
I had a nightmare experience with Lowes custom blinds installation 7 years ago. But it was a different Lowes location and my soul can be purchased for the right price. This deal is insane. $1600 for the same thing at Sears and BB.

delivery of our fridge was fine (6 years ago). however it conked out about 8 weeks ago... just got fixed about 2 weeks ago :hot: and we're still wrangling with them over mistakes they made with the payment. EIGHT ####ING WEEKSdealing with their customer service has been an absolute ####ing nightmare.go with Sears

I think Best Buy is suffering an identity crisis right now. They are clearly in the middle of a significant transition to compete with the likes of Amazon and the other online retailers, but they are doing so at the expense of what makes a physical store desirable. You'd think Geek Squad would be seamlessly enmeshed with their operations, but it acts more like a contracted service that has virtually no integration with the stores they serve. The response of the store was to push off any customer issue to a national hotline and let them sort it out. In the end, they did the right thing and I was happy with the result, but I had to lean on them hard to come to that decision.
this is exactly rightas it was explained to me.. the call center is just that.. a clearinghouse for calls. they are not interested in resolving problems, only in clearing high volume of calls. they could not give less ####s about your problem.

i went through a circular conversation with one of their reps where she explained to me that she could not help me, she had no manager, she did not report to anyone and the best she could do was refer me to the BB website for ph# that would lead me DIRECTLY BACK TO THE CALL CENTER.

they have completely fallen apart on customer service. huge mistake on their part.

delivery of our fridge was fine (6 years ago). however it conked out about 8 weeks ago... just got fixed about 2 weeks ago :hot: and we're still wrangling with them over mistakes they made with the payment. EIGHT ####ING WEEKSdealing with their customer service has been an absolute ####ing nightmare.go with Sears
Sears stands behind something they sold 6 yrs ago?What am I missing here?

i wasn't looking for a freebie. they were called to repair the refrigerator because no one else in the area services this model. they took 2 weeks to come out, screwed up the payment, botched the fix and the things went downhill from there. eight weeks to resolve a repair seems excessive, no?

i wasn't looking for a freebie. they were called to repair the refrigerator because no one else in the area services this model. they took 2 weeks to come out, screwed up the payment, botched the fix and the things went downhill from there. eight weeks to resolve a repair seems excessive, no?
Gotcha, and yes, excessive for sure.

Nothing but good experience for me with lowes.Bestbuy and Sears not so much
I had a nightmare experience with Lowes custom blinds installation 7 years ago. But it was a different Lowes location and my soul can be purchased for the right price. This deal is insane. $1600 for the same thing at Sears and BB.
I will deal with Sears as my last resort... funny how different experiences change people. Sears is the ####### devil

brohans there are very few americans who cares about thier job anymore they just care about the pay so i am not surprised that everyone has had bad experiences truth is that the whole idea of having a work ethic and being proud of it is long gone all people care about now is how can i do as little as possible and get paid as much as i can for doing nothing sad but true the good old days for america when we built things here with our own people and folks took care of their houses and had some pride are long gone brohans and that is a sad state of affairs right now if you have something that breaks no one fixes it they just throw it away when in the hell did we get so damned lazy i do not know but i will tell you one thing this old boy does not like it one bit and you can take that to the bank

brohans there are very few americans who cares about thier job anymore they just care about the pay so i am not surprised that everyone has had bad experiences truth is that the whole idea of having a work ethic and being proud of it is long gone all people care about now is how can i do as little as possible and get paid as much as i can for doing nothing sad but true the good old days for america when we built things here with our own people and folks took care of their houses and had some pride are long gone brohans and that is a sad state of affairs right now if you have something that breaks no one fixes it they just throw it away when in the hell did we get so damned lazy i do not know but i will tell you one thing this old boy does not like it one bit and you can take that to the bank
Oh sweet geebus, the irony!

I found a laptop on their website that I like. It's not available for shipping and not available in my local store. I call customer service and ask how to place an order and have it held for when it's available. "You can't do that. You'll have to add it to your wish list and wait for email updates for availability."

Really? It's impossible for me to buy an advertised product? Come on.

A guy I know works for Best Buy. He's pretty much in charge of their entire inventory software system. Let's just say he's been pursuing other opportunities.

Love best buy. I hang it over the wife's head when we are in garden ridge or hobby lobby too long. "Oh yeah, I need to go to best but later and walk around for two hours without buying anything."

This place is ####### HORRIBLE. I order 4 major appliances from Best Buy online because they had the cheapest price plus free shipping & delivery and haul away. The order total was $3192. I used my BB credit card which had a credit limit of $3300. Monday my order was cancelled. I call them up and they say Im over my credit limit you need to call the CC. I call the CC and they say no Im not over the limit. They conference a service advisor in and everything is squared away 45 minutes later. But delivery is now later due to the mix up. OK whatever.

FF to today. Order cancelled again for the same reason. WTF. I go on my credit card site and it clearly shows my credit limit of $3300 but the remaining balance is $107. Its almost like they are charging my account multiple times and then cancelling the order. Im not calling them anymore. If this isnt resolved via email I will just buy appliances elsewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread