What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Better democrat minority woman candidate 2020 (1 Viewer)

As far as Tulsi Gabbard goes, not only does she have no chance at the nomination (thankfully) she’s not even going to be re-elected. She is truly awful. 

Last edited by a moderator:
As far as Tulsi Gabbard goes, not only does she have no chance at the nomination (thankfully) she’s not even going to be re-elected. She is truly awful. 
What are you talking about? 

She won her last primary 83% - 12%

She won the general 77% - 22%

I agree she is not presidential - but what are you seeing to suggest she won't win her congressional seat?

OK I'll bite: what is the "Cornel West demographic"? Because if ever anyone struck me as sui generis, it was that dude 
In other words, Obama pulled from a deep progressive, civil rights oriented, well educated base where Kamala Harris will not.  At all.  

Here’s West on Obama, then and now.

Last edited by a moderator:
In other words, Obama pulled from a deep progressive, civil rights oriented, well educated base where Kamala Harris will not.  At all.  

Here’s West on Obama, then and now.
You know what's ironic? You don't think much of Obama and think Harris is different from him. I like Obama a lot and think Harris is very similar to him (and will appeal to similar groups), but I don't actually think that's a good thing. I worry that too many liberals will rush to anoint her as the "next Obama". That's bad because a) they'll focus on superficial similarities and avoid really looking at her record, and b) I think it would be disastrous for Dems to just run back the '08 playbook over and over again (just as it would have been a bad idea for Obama to run as the heir to Bill Clinton; in that sense, beating Hillary was the best thing that could have happened to him.)

What I've seen from Harris so far has been impressive as far as it goes, but I haven't really heard anything that strikes me as new and different. I know your criticisms of her are more ideological, but for me, it's more that I want to see someone who's peaking around corners and has a good sense of where the country is going. So far, it feels like Harris (and pretty much all of the Dems who have declared so far, really) are following more than leading. I'm not giving up on them yet -- the truth is, I know very little about any of them -- but that's where I am right now.

What are you talking about? 

She won her last primary 83% - 12%

She won the general 77% - 22%

I agree she is not presidential - but what are you seeing to suggest she won't win her congressional seat?
I heard on the radio she is going to be primaried. 

The rest is perhaps wishful thinking on my part. 

You know what's ironic? You don't think much of Obama and think Harris is different from him. I like Obama a lot and think Harris is very similar to him (and will appeal to similar groups), but I don't actually think that's a good thing. I worry that too many liberals will rush to anoint her as the "next Obama". That's bad because a) they'll focus on superficial similarities and avoid really looking at her record, and b) I think it would be disastrous for Dems to just run back the '08 playbook over and over again (just as it would have been a bad idea for Obama to run as the heir to Bill Clinton; in that sense, beating Hillary was the best thing that could have happened to him.)

What I've seen from Harris so far has been impressive as far as it goes, but I haven't really heard anything that strikes me as new and different. I know your criticisms of her are more ideological, but for me, it's more that I want to see someone who's peaking around corners and has a good sense of where the country is going. So far, it feels like Harris (and pretty much all of the Dems who have declared so far, really) are following more than leading. I'm not giving up on them yet -- the truth is, I know very little about any of them -- but that's where I am right now.
She’s not Obama but if she wins the nomination she’s going to be supported by the same coalition that got Obama the Presidency. 

This notion that black voters will stay home because of her record as a prosecutor is absolute nonsense.

IC FBGCav said:
She's a cop.  Black community is not dumb.
She could commit murder and still win the black community vote over Trump (or any other community that is left of the NRA).

She’s not Obama but if she wins the nomination she’s going to be supported by the same coalition that got Obama the Presidency. 

This notion that black voters will stay home because of her record as a prosecutor is absolute nonsense.
Reminds me of the recurring SNL sketch "How's He Doing?" where a panel of African Americans inevitably admits that there's nothing Obama could do to lose their support.

Users who are viewing this thread