What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Betting Trends Discussion - (Was $$$$$$$) (1 Viewer)

It's threads like this that keep me here.   Not sure how anyone thought the Colts were going to hang with the Chiefs.   The toughest game to predict this weekend is NE - LA.   LA seems like the more talented team but betting against NE normally doesn't end well.  

Last edited by a moderator:
So, I liked the Colts too yesterday. But the difference is this - I can admit that I don’t know what I’m doing - here is a text I sent to my brother before kickoff:

“I agree with the colts, and I feel pretty strongly about it, which makes me think that KC will win and cover because I’m always wrong about this stuff.”

So, I liked the Colts too yesterday. But the difference is this - I can admit that I don’t know what I’m doing - here is a text I sent to my brother before kickoff:

“I agree with the colts, and I feel pretty strongly about it, which makes me think that KC will win and cover because I’m always wrong about this stuff.”
Then there's.....

Being up over 4000 I can afford to play the Colts who do have all the ATS advantages.

I believe the Colts will win with the strong defense and an offense that can match KC's scoring.
The Chiefs have a banged up defense that will not stop Luck enough times or create turnovers
to help Mahomes.

Past history with the Pats/Chargers is irrelevant as they have not played each other for a while.
I would bet the Chargers- better defense.
WRONG!-I'll take my lumps.

Chargers are 7-1 on the road this year, 8-1 if you include the London game(I know not playoffs).
Rivers and that defense won't care that they are at N.E. 
This is the weakest Pats team in a long time, so I don't think home field saves them.
Yeah, WRONG! Good thing I don't have any money to dispose of.

What is funny with football fans is that game to game week to week thing.

A few years ago the Chiefs killed the Pats it was 40 something to like 10?  So here it comes...

Take that Belicheat

TOM BRADY  IS DONE

The Pats  HAHAHAHAHAHA!

They won the Superbowl that season.

This season it's been...

Gronk is done.

Edelman just a shell of himself.

Father time is kicking Tom Brady ###.

The dynasty is dead.

And......

The Chargers are red hot

Philip Rivers is smokin'

All that west coast team on the east coast in the cold won;t work on these Chargers.

There was no way Pats were losing that game and it should have been real obvious, like I said in another thread.

Hell, actually nodded out during the game, I never do that. So will watch it again on the NFL Network.

Who do you like this week, and break it down.....so I can go opposite
Have no idea how any of this works do ya slugger?

Here we have a ton of serious gamblers, they all  know the fundamentals of ATS wagering, the money management aspect of it.

https://nflpickwatch.com/picks/ats/expert/nfl

Look at all those losses.  The best winning %  a 53.

Don't act like some know nothing, ok little fella?

Everybody was on Colts plus the number that was the play. So what went wrong.......COLD.

It will be COLD again in KC so ya dump that game.

Now you do some homework amigo, tell us how the Saints in the Brees era have never lost a home playoff game. Then tackle the number, you can do it.

I was going to show how this ATS thing was done, pick a few winners but watching the immaturity here , nay~~~~~~~

60% is fantastic that is winning 6 losing 4.  So it comes down to knowing what plays to load up on, while it was 6-4, you played more $$$$$ on those 6 wins than you did with the 4 losses.

But if it;s going to be.....YOU LOST YIPPPPEEEEE....forget it.

Adios~~~~~~~~~~

Starting now this thread will be about just random whatever.

Would you believe Marcus Allen, Terrell Davis, Arian Foster, Rashann Salaam, Ricky Williams, Reggie Bush....all out of San Diego HS's?

I know I've shown this video before, it's worth another look.  Might be the greatest...who?...RB ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMddevnDyb0

Son like father.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wafxQ63iwMg

Best father son RB combo in NFL history.

Who can give me the best brother RB;s in NFL history?

Starting now this thread will be about just random whatever.

Would you believe Marcus Allen, Terrell Davis, Arian Foster, Rashann Salaam, Ricky Williams, Reggie Bush....all out of San Diego HS's?
I thought Foster grew up in New Mexico, though.  Nonetheless, that's some great output from SD.  

Metcalf footage was great. I remember both 

I thought Foster grew up in New Mexico, though.  Nonetheless, that's some great output from SD.  

Metcalf footage was great. I remember both 

Reveal hidden contents
Wiki

His parents divorced in 2000 while he was attending Valley High School in Albuquerque, and in 2002, he moved to San Diego with his father. Foster competed in football at Mission Bay Senior High School, where he initially played as a linebacker, but became a full-time running back in his junior and senior years. He was Mission Bay's featured running back those years, and led San Diego County in all-purpose yards with 2,500 while compiling 2,093 rushing yards and 24 touchdowns in addition to six scores on kickoff returns his senior year.[7] In a game against Clairemont, Foster ran for 321 yards and for his efforts, he was named San Diego Union Tribune All-San Diego Western League Player of the Year, received All-West Region appointment by PrepStar, and also earned All-California Interscholastic Federation honors.[7] Then-Tennessee offensive coordinator Randy Sanders and running backs coach Trooper Taylor were impressed by Foster when recruiting in San Diego.[8] Foster chose to attend Tennessee and was part of the 2004 signing class.[9]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alex Smith the QB at Helix HS when Bush was there.

This a must see.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEQQgHeBctg

Wiki

His parents divorced in 2000 while he was attending Valley High School in Albuquerque, and in 2002, he moved to San Diego with his father. Foster competed in football at Mission Bay Senior High School, where he initially played as a linebacker, but became a full-time running back in his junior and senior years. He was Mission Bay's featured running back those years, and led San Diego County in all-purpose yards with 2,500 while compiling 2,093 rushing yards and 24 touchdowns in addition to six scores on kickoff returns his senior year.[7] In a game against Clairemont, Foster ran for 321 yards and for his efforts, he was named San Diego Union Tribune All-San Diego Western League Player of the Year, received All-West Region appointment by PrepStar, and also earned All-California Interscholastic Federation honors.[7] Then-Tennessee offensive coordinator Randy Sanders and running backs coach Trooper Taylor were impressed by Foster when recruiting in San Diego.[8] Foster chose to attend Tennessee and was part of the 2004 signing class.[9]
Yeah, I wasn't questioning you, just wondering. That's awesome. Mission Bay is where my brother had his apartment that I stayed at when he just graduated from college. Back then, affordable. Now? No way.  

Foster was one of the most interesting athletes in the modern era of sports that I've seen. 

Namaste.  

Yeah, I wasn't questioning you, just wondering. That's awesome. Mission Bay is where my brother had his apartment that I stayed at when he just graduated from college. Back then, affordable. Now? No way.  

Foster was one of the most interesting athletes in the modern era of sports that I've seen. 

Namaste.  
I knew that, just wanted you to see his story.

Yes, he was very interesting and curious about what he;s doing now.

I lived in North Park during my Navy days. Loved everything about that region of Cali.

Central Cali sucks.

I knew that, just wanted you to see his story.

Yes, he was very interesting and curious about what he;s doing now.
Sure. Cool. 

I'm also interested in what he's doing now. He was trying, in his waning years, to incorporate himself and sell himself off as an incorporated investment to corporate and private investors, I think. That probably didn't go so well. I hope he's okay with money and all of that. Back in 2012 or so, he was quite the fantasy commodity, as ridiculous as that sounds. 

Anyway, he was an interesting guy, and one of the few people who could transcend the shield and be an interesting individual off of the football field. He was certainly unorthodox for the football world. I miss Arian.  

True/false

WR's Steve Smith and Chad Johnson played on the same JC team, but another guy who never played pro ball was the star of the team?

O.J.Simpson ran on a WR 4x1 team while at USC?

Sure. Cool. 

I'm also interested in what he's doing now. He was trying, in his waning years, to incorporate himself and sell himself off as an incorporated investment to corporate and private investors, I think. That probably didn't go so well. I hope he's okay with money and all of that. Back in 2012 or so, he was quite the fantasy commodity, as ridiculous as that sounds. 

Anyway, he was an interesting guy, and one of the few people who could transcend the shield and be an interesting individual off of the football field. He was certainly unorthodox for the football world. I miss Arian.  
One of us needs to follow up on this, I do want to know what happened. Ok ok ya talked me into it.

Wow.

What a story. Hey, Zeno, stick around. Use apostrophes. I know you're getting heck in the forums, but bear with it with grace and endurance and eventually people are going to see that you're driving good content. 

I'd never ever heard of Noel Devine. People like ZWK and EBF and Biabreakable can be resources on this board if you approach them with decorum. I'm a ham and egger. These guys really do football. Dezbelief and arnoldpalmer and BroadwayG win #### in the competitions. Just trying to help out. What a great rabbit hole. 

Best, 

RA 

Wow.

What a story. Hey, Zeno, stick around. Use apostrophes. I know you're getting heck in the forums, but bear with it with grace and endurance and eventually people are going to see that you're driving good content. 

I'd never ever heard of Noel Devine. People like ZWK and EBF and Biabreakable can be resources on this board if you approach them with decorum. I'm a ham and egger. These guys really do football. Dezbelief and arnoldpalmer and BroadwayG win #### in the competitions. Just trying to help out. What a great rabbit hole. 

Best, 

RA 
What amazes me is how Devine didn't make it in the NFL.  There is another guy similiar to him named Dominique Dorsey, he was out of near by Tulare (where I was born) some of his runs as a HS kid were outerworldly, even Barry Sanders would have....wow. He ended up at UNLV but put on a few pounds and while still great he wasn't as ....WOW. As you will see in a few minutes he ended up returning kicks in the CFL.

I hated English obviously, do the best I can.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTv_oE-3fls

I remember Dorsey, actually. You grew up in Nevada? 
Tulare is in central Cali between Bakersfield and Fresno.

Dorsey went to Tulare Union, when he left HS he held a slew of Cali State records.  Fresno State wanted him as a cornerback (too small for RB)  UNLV didn't care....RB.

Icky Woods and Randall Cunningham UNLV alum.

Tulare is in central Cali between Bakersfield and Fresno.

Dorsey went to Tulare Union, when he left HS he held a slew of Cali State records.  Fresno State wanted him as a cornerback (too small for RB)  UNLV didn't care....RB.

Icky Woods and Randall Cunningham UNLV alum.
Cool. I'm in the Inland Empire, too, but further south by far.   

I knew Randall was UNLV, didn't know about Ickey.   

eta* If Tulare is IE. I'm really not sure. I'm a CT transplant.  

Cool. I'm in the Inland Empire, too, but further south by far.   

I knew Randall was UNLV, didn't know about Ickey.   

eta* If Tulare is IE. I'm really not sure. I'm a CT transplant.  
Cunningham is the brother of USC/Pats RB Sam "Bam" Cunningham. He has a son and daughter who are both national caliber high jumpers.

Woods out of Fresno.

Tulare a good 45 miles north of Bakersfield so..?

Cunningham is the brother of USC/Pats RB Sam "Bam" Cunningham. He has a son and daughter who are both national caliber high jumpers.

Woods out of Fresno.

Tulare a good 45 miles north of Bakersfield so..?
Dunno. I'm New England through and through. Can tell you a lot about that region, but you'll have to rely on more terra firms than mine for IE stuff.   

Dunno. I'm New England through and through. Can tell you a lot about that region, but you'll have to rely on more terra firms than mine for IE stuff.   
I must confess not too interested in that region of the USA, a music thing.  Give me the south, Mississippi, Louisiana, Tennessee, Georgia, the Piedmont region the Appallachians.  I judge places by the music...yep...weird.

Have no idea how any of this works do ya slugger?

Here we have a ton of serious gamblers, they all  know the fundamentals of ATS wagering, the money management aspect of it.

https://nflpickwatch.com/picks/ats/expert/nfl

Look at all those losses.  The best winning %  a 53.

Don't act like some know nothing, ok little fella?

Everybody was on Colts plus the number that was the play. So what went wrong.......COLD.

It will be COLD again in KC so ya dump that game.

Now you do some homework amigo, tell us how the Saints in the Brees era have never lost a home playoff game. Then tackle the number, you can do it.
I will play along.    And I am not a gambler.   I did some in college, Lost a lot, decided I would never do it again.

Then came back, was up......lost majority of it, said I was done after that bad beat, but walked away up.

......and I went with trends all the time.    Jim Feist was the big bet guy back then.    I remember he released his "stone cold lock of the week".......based on his trends, and I took it.   And I lost my a$$.

What do I know now?

Most people are like me.    They lose more than what they gained.

You can follow trends, and still lose.

The whole "Tom Brady Is 5 and 0 on Sundays after a bye week, and playing on a sunny day with birds chirping in January" trend can be thrown out the window.   

Sometimes you just have to zig when everyone sags.    Lines are made to draw people in, from both sides, but designed to be slanted in the opposite favore.

I see the KC line of -3, and it looks more inviting to take KC and they cover.     To me, that's what the oddsmakers are hoping.   I assume that 3 goes to 3.5, maybe 4 before Sunday.

I was half serious though.    Post your picks, go opposite.    Here is the deal.    You say your up, I would bet that streak does not continue

Already bored with this, like everybody else I saw a Chief 28 Colts 24 game, Colts plus the number but........COLD.
Can you point me to the pre-game post where you mentioned that cold weather would invalidate all of the other data you kept citing?

or why it was shocking that it was cold in KC in January?
My uncle's broker bought Enron in 2001. When he complained, the broker explained there was no way he could have known the company would tank. To which I would have responded, "In that case, what the hell am I paying you for?"

I will play along.    And I am not a gambler.   I did some in college, Lost a lot, decided I would never do it again.

Then came back, was up......lost majority of it, said I was done after that bad beat, but walked away up.

......and I went with trends all the time.    Jim Feist was the big bet guy back then.    I remember he released his "stone cold lock of the week".......based on his trends, and I took it.   And I lost my a$$.

What do I know now?

Most people are like me.    They lose more than what they gained.

You can follow trends, and still lose.

The whole "Tom Brady Is 5 and 0 on Sundays after a bye week, and playing on a sunny day with birds chirping in January" trend can be thrown out the window.   

Sometimes you just have to zig when everyone sags.    Lines are made to draw people in, from both sides, but designed to be slanted in the opposite favore.

I see the KC line of -3, and it looks more inviting to take KC and they cover.     To me, that's what the oddsmakers are hoping.   I assume that 3 goes to 3.5, maybe 4 before Sunday.

I was half serious though.    Post your picks, go opposite.    Here is the deal.    You say your up, I would bet that streak does not continue
Most people refuse to put in the time it takes to weed out games searching out those 3-5 games where a side has an enormous amount of reasons to step out on.  They don't do the homework.

All these teams have personality,  things they do well and things they don't, your job to find just what that is.  Some teams suck in prime time stand alone games, while others shine ATS, your job as a serious player is to find out just who that is.  The best scenario is a team great in that "spot" vs one that sucks.

Some teams are weak heading into a bye week, they are more into what we they did than the task at hand, while others want to put the coachs at ease by having a win before time off. Some suck coming off a bye while others come out swinging, you need to find out who this is.

And it goes on and on with who sucks after a division game,  after a Thursday game,  who shines in those "spots"?

You look for trends,  something strong like a 22-4, odds are you will win far more games than lose if a trend is that strong.

I got into the ATS aspect of things winning SU pools in various bars.  A guy....you need to start putting that skill to work. Yep, a middle man for a local bookie (hooking me in knowing ATS is totally different than SU).  I thought it over, bought a magazine by Marc Lawrence and a book by Wayne Allyn Root and starting studying what I needed to know. 

Lost a few hundred my first year, won a few hundred my second season, then starting rolling once I figured out when to load up on a play, losing on 110 but winning on 550.  While you might be 1-1  you are up $$$$$ which is all that matters.

Joe Public gets none of that, and really don't care.  You start explaining the fundamentals involved with serious ATS wagering ya get eye rolls and...what does something that happened five years ago have to do with today?  Why haven't the Browns/Lions ever been in a SB?  Why have the Steelers/Pats played in how many SB's?

NOBODY....who understands ATS wagering had the Chiefs covering,  there wasn't anything that favored them in that ATS "spot".  The Colts showed up and....damn it;'s cold...and that was that.

I played with house $$$$$, so no big deal.

Can you point me to the pre-game post where you mentioned that cold weather would invalidate all of the other data you kept citing?
BINGO~~~~~~~~~~

That is why you lose, you didn't follow basic fundamentals,  one being the elements.  I failed to pick up on that aspect of it all.  The real play was a pass because of the elements.  Just like the Pats vs Chiefs is a pass, it's going to be something like 20 degrees.

The Pats have played on the road in an AFC title game three times, lost all three SU.

An accumulation of info, is the key.

Where is all this....ALIAS.....thing coming from?
People will leave and then come back under a different name. Azcards would
post gambling stuff then go back and edit his original post when he was wrong.
To learn about Lhucks just go to "take your money out of the market now" thread
in the free for all forum. Long story short, he posted this some time ago and the
stock market then went on to double it's value.

I don't think your an alias.

People will leave and then come back under a different name. Azcards would
post gambling stuff then go back and edit his original post when he was wrong.
To learn about Lhucks just go to "take your money out of the market now" thread
in the free for all forum. Long story short, he posted this some time ago and the
stock market then went on to double it's value.

I don't think your an alias.
Then you are right.

So where did those two go?

Users who are viewing this thread