What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bilal Powell (1 Viewer)

I'm still pissed that in order to save face on their 4th round pick the Jets kept McKnight over Danny Woodhead who clearly outperformed him in the camp and has gone on to prove he's a legit NFL RB - something McKnight hasn't done to date.

Ivory should be back soon and he's clearly the starter, the team has said nothing but that - in fact they have started playing him up as a 3 down back (I do have doubts about that happening though).

Goodsosn seems to be as good as gone. Yesterday Ryan said he's not expecting him back imminently. Powell didn't look all that bad last season, but is likely a stop gap starting option at best and likely a career backup. If Spann doesn't impress, perhaps they bring in one of the veterans still haging aroun unsigned like Turner, Benson, or Wells - but given the state of the team they may just ride out what they have. It's hard to ignore Ivory's injury history, so Powell could have some value if he gets some starts here and there, but I wouldn't expect him to be super productive in a starting role, one would just need to hope he punches in a TD.
ya, Woodhead would likely be taking 1st team reps right now and a good bit of last year as well. As far as Powell is concerned I think he really had his shot to be the guy last year and instead of getting him in the mix they went out and signed Ivory and Goodson. He's getting the ball because he's the only healthy guy but as soon as Ivory is healthy enough to play Powell is back to the bench. The upside of a below average RB (Powell) behind probably the worst QB (whoever it is) likely on the worst offense (maybe the worst team) in the leauge just isn't that attractive. I'd rather spend that roster spot on a guy with more talent that could be a stud if he gets the job (B. Brown, Tate, etc.) as opposed to Powell.
The last line is a curious one to me because Powell is not competing with Tate or Brown, you can likely grab Powell of waivers right now. You give up nothing for him. If you are drafting next week, you can actually probably take your kicker/defense 1 round early and STILL get Powell.

I'm not saying draft him, or that he's good, or even handcuff him to Ivory. You just give up nothing to get him in almost any league so the Tate/Brown thing makes no sense

It could be exciting to see a changing of the guard in NY. A backfield with Geno and Powell and one year away from a new head coach not providing a toxic environment.

I believe he has good NFL talent and the makeup that this team in particular needs. Should get chances to shine in the preseason.
Did you hit your head, this is horrible thinking.

Changing of the guard? Powell was there last year and they brought in Ivory, who is the starter regardless of how many runs he gets against a poures D in a practice.

Powell is not a good NFL talent and only you and your alias loose circuits, who happened to post 4 minutes before you but neither of you were on at the same time, think Powell is good.
:doh:
OMG!!! SICK BURN, YOU GOT ME, typing on the phone sucks sometimes.

But... You are not a troll right? Is that how you show your football knowledge.

FF QUEEN, being as queeny as ever.

Oh, and I'm still waiting on you showing your worth to this board?
:lmao: Sure, it's hard to type on a phone, but even harder when you don't have a clue how to spell. "Poures" is not in the autocorrect library, fool. It's cute when adults have to resort to phonetic spelling.

Pro tip: It's spelled "porous"

It could be exciting to see a changing of the guard in NY. A backfield with Geno and Powell and one year away from a new head coach not providing a toxic environment.

I believe he has good NFL talent and the makeup that this team in particular needs. Should get chances to shine in the preseason.
Did you hit your head, this is horrible thinking.

Changing of the guard? Powell was there last year and they brought in Ivory, who is the starter regardless of how many runs he gets against a poures D in a practice.

Powell is not a good NFL talent and only you and your alias loose circuits, who happened to post 4 minutes before you but neither of you were on at the same time, think Powell is good.
:doh:
OMG!!! SICK BURN, YOU GOT ME, typing on the phone sucks sometimes.

But... You are not a troll right? Is that how you show your football knowledge.

FF QUEEN, being as queeny as ever.

Oh, and I'm still waiting on you showing your worth to this board?
:lmao: Sure, it's hard to type on a phone, but even harder when you don't have a clue how to spell. "Poures" is not in the autocorrect library, fool. It's cute when adults have to resort to phonetic spelling.

Pro tip: It's spelled "porous"
FF Queen strikes again with his hilarity, You know you are a troll when you go back 12 days. lol Do you realize how stupid you sound and look going back that far to talk about spelling, autocorrect and its possibilities. lol

You were beat up a lot when you were a kid huh? It shows.

Have you still posted anything to this site that has value other than rhetoric and/or trolling?

Calling you out for the 21st time Queen, you can keep trolling, I'll keep putting you in your place.

Last edited by a moderator:
Coach Rex Ryan said Chris Ivory's carries were limited in his Saturday night preseason debut because the Jets are monitoring Ivory's workload.
Following a lengthy hamstring injury, the Jets weren't going to give Ivory much work. He essentially rotated in behind Bilal Powell. Ivory managed only 13 yards on six carries, showing obvious and understandable rust. "You’ve got that new toy back there, and that’s a good looking one," Ryan said of Ivory. "But we were just being smart with him, weren’t going to overdo him."

If Powell is the third down back and is used as a receiving back when the team falls behind...he could have real value and even more value than Ivory. Does anyone expect this Jets team to be able to stay in games? I see them falling behind and needing to pass. If Powell plays that role, then he could do well, especially in PPR. Throw in Ivory's injury history and with Goodson still MIA, Powell holds even more value as he could start a few games.

Phenix said:
FF Queen strikes again with his hilarity, You know you are a troll when you go back 12 days. lol Do you realize how stupid you sound and look going back that far to talk about spelling, autocorrect and its possibilities. lol

My reply was 12 days late because I don't really keep up with conversations with you. I clicked on this thread to see what was being said about Powell, as he is beginning to look like a nice sleeper with your boy Ivory doing a whole lot of nothing.

Nope. Strange assumption.

Have you still posted anything to this site that has value other than rhetoric and/or trolling?

I know you think your worthless rankings are a contribution, but they're not. My contribution is sound logic and analysis - have a look in the spotlights. You simply hype whoever you've got on your team without any logic.

Calling you out for the 21st time Queen, you can keep trolling, I'll keep putting you in your place.

Haha, village idiot not clear on who is getting called out.
Long Ball Larry said:
Is Queen really the female equivalent of Ninja? Shouldn't it be Ninjette or something?
That was his best attempt at a witty reply. Don't rain on his parade or he gets cranky and starts to throw his feces.

On topic, Powell is looking like a great sleeper pick. We all knew Ivory was an injury waiting to happen, but Goodson's absence has gone on way longer than anticipated. Unless he shows up this week, I would expect him to start week 1 at the bottom of the depth chart if he's even active. Powell is a three down back, unlike Ivory, and was once highly touted by Waldman:

Bilal Powell, Louisville - The only difference between Powell and Demarco Murray – the player I have ranked one spot ahead of him – is that Powell lacks the proven starting experience, proven ability to play hurt, and proven versatility of Murray. I had Powell ranked one spot higher than Murray in the 2011 RSP because of Murray’s injury history, but as a pure talent Murray gets the nod. Obviously, the fact that Powell and Murray are on this top-20 list should indicate how much I liked both of them as prospects. I think Powell is actually a better between the tackles runner than Murray.

The reasons Powell slipped to the fourth round was his lack of starting experience at Louisville, the fact he needs to add 10-15 pounds of muscle to get into that 220-lb. range, and he wasn’t used a lot on third down. I expect Powell to earn playing time in 2012 and seriously challenge Shonn Greene for the lead role if he stays healthy.​
2011 RSP Quote: Powell is a really good downhill runner with patience and the ability to set up blocks by pressing the hole and making a sharp cutback. Just watch him run for any length of time and you’ll see that he enjoys finishing runs as the aggressor. He knows how to get his pads low so he can come under a defender, deliver a hit and keep his legs moving to get yards after contact. He runs with the attitude of a 220-lbs. back with speed even though he’ll probably need to gain 10-15 pounds to be at that playing weight. What really impressed me in this game was his ability to process what the defense was doing successfully on a play in the first quarter and then make a decision at the line of scrimmage to turn that against them for a big play in his favor in the second quarter. It’s a sign of not only an instinctive runner, but also an intelligent one. He consistently gains yards after contact, whether he’s wrapped from behind or hit head-on. A part of his game that isn’t talked about a lot is his feet. He can maneuver tight spaces with good footwork to make defenders miss his feet.
The reasons Powell slipped to the fourth round was his lack of starting experience at Louisville, the fact he needs to add 10-15 pounds of muscle to get into that 220-lb. range, and he wasn’t used a lot on third down. I expect Powell to earn playing time in 2012 and seriously challenge Shonn Greene for the lead role if he stays healthy.​

Phenix said:

My reply was 12 days late because I don't really keep up with conversations with you. I clicked on this thread to see what was being said about Powell, as he is beginning to look like a nice sleeper with your boy Ivory doing a whole lot of nothing.

I know you think your worthless rankings are a contribution, but they're not. My contribution is sound logic and analysis - have a look in the spotlights. You simply hype whoever you've got on your team without any logic.

Long Ball Larry said:
Is Queen really the female equivalent of Ninja? Shouldn't it be Ninjette or something?
That was his best attempt at a witty reply. Don't rain on his parade or he gets cranky and starts to throw his feces.

On topic, Powell is looking like a great sleeper pick. We all knew Ivory was an injury waiting to happen, but Goodson's absence has gone on way longer than anticipated. Unless he shows up this week, I would expect him to start week 1 at the bottom of the depth chart if he's even active. Powell is a three down back, unlike Ivory, and was once highly touted by Waldman:

Bilal Powell, Louisville - The only difference between Powell and Demarco Murray the player I have ranked one spot ahead of him is that Powell lacks the proven starting experience, proven ability to play hurt, and proven versatility of Murray. I had Powell ranked one spot higher than Murray in the 2011 RSP because of Murrays injury history, but as a pure talent Murray gets the nod. Obviously, the fact that Powell and Murray are on this top-20 list should indicate how much I liked both of them as prospects. I think Powell is actually a better between the tackles runner than Murray.

The reasons Powell slipped to the fourth round was his lack of starting experience at Louisville, the fact he needs to add 10-15 pounds of muscle to get into that 220-lb. range, and he wasnt used a lot on third down. I expect Powell to earn playing time in 2012 and seriously challenge Shonn Greene for the lead role if he stays healthy.

2011 RSP Quote: Powell is a really good downhill runner with patience and the ability to set up blocks by pressing the hole and making a sharp cutback. Just watch him run for any length of time and youll see that he enjoys finishing runs as the aggressor. He knows how to get his pads low so he can come under a defender, deliver a hit and keep his legs moving to get yards after contact. He runs with the attitude of a 220-lbs. back with speed even though hell probably need to gain 10-15 pounds to be at that playing weight. What really impressed me in this game was his ability to process what the defense was doing successfully on a play in the first quarter and then make a decision at the line of scrimmage to turn that against them for a big play in his favor in the second quarter. Its a sign of not only an instinctive runner, but also an intelligent one. He consistently gains yards after contact, whether hes wrapped from behind or hit head-on. A part of his game that isnt talked about a lot is his feet. He can maneuver tight spaces with good footwork to make defenders miss his feet.

The reasons Powell slipped to the fourth round was his lack of starting experience at Louisville, the fact he needs to add 10-15 pounds of muscle to get into that 220-lb. range, and he wasnt used a lot on third down. I expect Powell to earn playing time in 2012 and seriously challenge Shonn Greene for the lead role if he stays healthy.
I'm not betting on anything, but I think rexy is going to be forced to start his best back. No guarantees though, the shonne Greene and tebow fiascos are still in recent memory

Phenix said:

Long Ball Larry said:
1. You are my stalker, but hey, you don't keep up right?

2. Strange assumption? You are a troll here, I assume you always got beat up for hiding ing the jocks lockers.

3. Worthless rankings? many liked, you still offer nothing. Your opinion is not contribution, its pathetic rhetoric.

4. Yes the village idiot is you as I keep calling you out and I have countless threads to prove you like to stalk me.

I love this part right here.... But much like your football opinion, it's all just rhetoric and hyperbole.

My contribution is sound logic and analysis - have a look in the spotlights. You simply hype whoever you've got on your team without any logic.

In those ranking you speak of that no one liked, I sure provided a lot of logic, but hey... I must have them all on my team. Fool.

I'd like to take this moment to invite you all to read my preseason picks, before a lot of the injuries started of course. They are full of a lot of rhetoric, bias and hyperbole without reasoning for why I have all 20 on my team.

Top 20 QBs - http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=683641#entry15714751

Top 20 RBs - http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=683795#entry15723530

Top 20 WRs - http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=684140#entry15742925

Hahaha. Where is the hyperbole? Stop trying to use words you don't understand.
My contribution is sound logic and analysis - have a look in the spotlights. You simply hype whoever you've got on your team without any logic.

hy·per·bo·le (h
imacr.gif
-pûr
prime.gif
b
schwa.gif
-l
emacr.gif
)

n.A figure of speech in which exaggeration is used for emphasis or effect, as in I could sleep for a year or This book weighs a ton.

You said I hype only people on my team without logic, seems like an exaggeration to put emphasis on your point, no? Fool.
Talk about not understanding, huh? I know, putting you in your place is rather easy Queen.

This site has grown into a pathetic unmoderated mess! I'm now surprised when a thread DOESN'T devolve into quarreling and immature nonsense. Who's Bilal Powell anyways??!! Draft at your own risk!

Hahaha. Where is the hyperbole? Stop trying to use words you don't understand.

hy·per·bo·le (h
imacr.gif
-pûr
prime.gif
b
schwa.gif
-l
emacr.gif
)

n.A figure of speech in which exaggeration is used for emphasis or effect, as in I could sleep for a year or This book weighs a ton.

You said I hype only people on my team without logic, seems like an exaggeration to put emphasis on your point, no? Fool.
Talk about not understanding, huh? I know, putting you in your place is rather easy Queen.
:wall: So painful... you actually looked it up, read the definition, and still didn't comprehend its meaning. Absolutely amazing.

Your stupidity is blinding you from the fact that there was no figure of speech in my quoted text.

This site has grown into a pathetic unmoderated mess! I'm now surprised when a thread DOESN'T devolve into quarreling and immature nonsense. Who's Bilal Powell anyways??!! Draft at your own risk!
This is who Bilal Powell is (snipped from Waldman's website):

Bilal Powell, Louisville - The only difference between Powell and Demarco Murray the player I have ranked one spot ahead of him is that Powell lacks the proven starting experience, proven ability to play hurt, and proven versatility of Murray. I had Powell ranked one spot higher than Murray in the 2011 RSP because of Murrays injury history, but as a pure talent Murray gets the nod. Obviously, the fact that Powell and Murray are on this top-20 list should indicate how much I liked both of them as prospects. I think Powell is actually a better between the tackles runner than Murray.

2011 RSP Quote: Powell is a really good downhill runner with patience and the ability to set up blocks by pressing the hole and making a sharp cutback. Just watch him run for any length of time and youll see that he enjoys finishing runs as the aggressor. He knows how to get his pads low so he can come under a defender, deliver a hit and keep his legs moving to get yards after contact. He runs with the attitude of a 220-lbs. back with speed even though hell probably need to gain 10-15 pounds to be at that playing weight. What really impressed me in this game was his ability to process what the defense was doing successfully on a play in the first quarter and then make a decision at the line of scrimmage to turn that against them for a big play in his favor in the second quarter. Its a sign of not only an instinctive runner, but also an intelligent one. He consistently gains yards after contact, whether hes wrapped from behind or hit head-on. A part of his game that isnt talked about a lot is his feet. He can maneuver tight spaces with good footwork to make defenders miss his feet.

The reasons Powell slipped to the fourth round was his lack of starting experience at Louisville, the fact he needs to add 10-15 pounds of muscle to get into that 220-lb. range, and he wasnt used a lot on third down. I expect Powell to earn playing time in 2012 and seriously challenge Shonn Greene for the lead role if he stays healt
And given his current ADP of RB56, I think the risk is pretty low.

I would like to thank FF Ninja for all of his contributions to this thread and others. His ability to focus only on real contributions and avoid personal bickering is a truly something to aspire to for the rest of us.

The thing I don't get about this thread is people saying Powell doesn't have it because he had an opportunity last year and didn't suddenly turn into an elite RB and fantasy option. I understand his output was disappointing, especially since it seemed like FBG was mentioning him every week as a deep WW pickup/guy who just needed a chance, but isn't it possible that he could have improved even just a bit from last season? This idea that players are what they are when we first see them in extended action is kind of silly.

In PPR leagues, with Ivory's injury history, I feel like you could do a lot worse as a late rounf RB flier.

Well, now that Goodson is actually going to report to the team, it gets a bit muddied. At first I was sure that he was not going to get cut, then he took so long to report I flip flopped, and now it sounds like he's staying with the team. He has flashed just as much talent as Ivory in the past. When Ivory gets hurt he could take over if he gets his head on right. It's hard to predict. Does the light come on in Powell's third year? Maybe. At this point Powell is still a decent flyer, but I'd prefer Daniel Thomas or Dwyer. Thomas is on a better offense and Dwyer has a chance to take over the starter role and never give it back if he plays well enough.

Well, now that Goodson is actually going to report to the team, it gets a bit muddied. At first I was sure that he was not going to get cut, then he took so long to report I flip flopped, and now it sounds like he's staying with the team. He has flashed just as much talent as Ivory in the past. When Ivory gets hurt he could take over if he gets his head on right. It's hard to predict. Does the light come on in Powell's third year? Maybe. At this point Powell is still a decent flyer, but I'd prefer Daniel Thomas or Dwyer. Thomas is on a better offense and Dwyer has a chance to take over the starter role and never give it back if he plays well enough.
Link of this certainty? Idzik saying he expects him back does not mean he will be back in the latest blurb about Goodson.

Your comment is very misleading, as always.

Speaking Monday, Jets GM John Idzik said he "would expect" AWOL backup RB Mike Goodson to report to the team at some point.
It's the first time since the start of camp that the Jets have hinted Goodson still has a future with the team. Goodson has been stashed on the did-not-report list without explanation. It's presumably related to his May arrest on drug and weapons charges. Perhaps the Jets were planning to move on before being greeted by an uncertain running back situation in camp. Ideally, Goodson would serve as a third-down back for early-down hammer Chris Ivory

I think it was in one of the daily e-mails. Go back to the dunce corner.
You say you THINK it was in one of the daily emails, and still don't provide the text or link while I at least show the latest blurb to your misleading spew. But I should go back to the dunce corner?

Yeah, you have lots of worth here. You still provide nothing, not even a link. How many times do I have to call you out until you provide something or back up your mouth?

Get a life and stop being a #####. I just checked and the e-mail was on 8/19 and it said Goodson expected to show up during preseason, so I took that to mean "soon" since there isn't much preseason left. I hope you disappear once Ivory busts.

And yes, you belong in the dunce corner due to your low IQ and ridiculously biased posts.

Get a life and stop being a #####. I just checked and the e-mail was on 8/19 and it said Goodson expected to show up during preseason, so I took that to mean "soon" since there isn't much preseason left. I hope you disappear once Ivory busts.

And yes, you belong in the dunce corner due to your low IQ and ridiculously biased posts.
Do you realize how you sound? Rhetoric and Hyperbole, thats all you provide.

You don't understand what hyperbole is. Even after posting the definition yourself. I'm wasting my time here.
Dude the fact that you don't understand that saying I have a low IQ when you actually have no way of knowing my IQ, as well as the use of word ridiculous is an exaggeration to provide effect and emphasis, is it not? After your link, I would post what Ironic means, but what's the point? Others can see, keep responding, you look more and more foolish and childish every time.

I have no problem arguing, its what I do, I can go all night. I'm sure you never used that phrase before either, but I'll spare you the meaning of that as well.

Definition yet again for Hyperbole below....

A figure of speech in which exaggeration is used for emphasis or effect, as in I could sleep for a year or This book weighs a ton.

Not to mention that link just offended a ton, classless.

--DROPS MIC--

Phenix said:
You don't understand what hyperbole is. Even after posting the definition yourself. I'm wasting my time here.
Dude the fact that you don't understand that saying I have a low IQ when you actually have no way of knowing my IQ, as well as the use of word ridiculous is an exaggeration to provide effect and emphasis, is it not? No exaggeration. Among other things, poor reading comprehension and resorting to phonetic spelling indicate a lack of intelligence. You DON'T know how to use the word, so again, no exaggeration. After your link, I would post what Ironic means, but what's the point? I know. You'd read it, post it, and still not understand the definition. So there would be no point. Others can see, keep responding, you look more and more foolish and childish every time. Yes, it is foolish to keep wasting my time with you, but I can't stand letting some arrogant, unintelligent fool think they put me in my place. "drops mic"? You've got to be kidding. Pathetic.

I have no problem arguing, its what I do, I can go all night. I'm sure you never used that phrase before either, but I'll spare you the meaning of that as well.

Definition yet again for Hyperbole below....

A figure of speech in which exaggeration is used for emphasis or effect, as in I could sleep for a year or This book weighs a ton.

Let me help you.

Hyperbole: Phenix is as dumb as a box of rocks.

Not: Phenix is not smart enough to comprehend the definition of hyperbole.

Not to mention that link just offended a ton, classless.

--DROPS MIC--
Wadsworth said:
Please stop.
My post he replied to was actually on topic and not directed at him. I have legitimate interest in Powell as a sleeper and enjoy discussion on him. Dip**** is only in this thread to blatantly hype Ivory.

Powell reminds me of joique last year or even Moreno. Not same type of player, more situation. He keeps lurking and with any news of another rb doing anything we start throwing dirt on him. But the competition will continue to blow it and we will shrug our shoulders. He will have roster value this year

I would once again like to thank FFNinja for really improving the quality of all these threads by steadfastly refusing to get into childish pissing matches with anyone disagreeing with him.

I feel like copy and pasting my first post in this thread and instead of referring to Greene's poor ability, referring to Ivory's injury history. After looking over the extent of Ivory's injury history, it's again only a matter of time before Powell is fantasy relevant, this time possibly much sooner. He may be JAG or slightly above average but I believe he'll get the opportunity again this year.

We have seen Bilal Powell developing into the player some expected coming out of Louisville. With Ivory's injury history, you have to think there is some appeal to grabbing the backup.

With today's news that Goodson is expected to report in the next 24 hours (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/26/report-mike-goodson-to-report-to-jets-in-next-24-hours/), I have to wonder how long Bilal Powell can maintain his hold on the backup job, however. Goodson is a talented back, albeit very troubled.

We have seen Bilal Powell developing into the player some expected coming out of Louisville. With Ivory's injury history, you have to think there is some appeal to grabbing the backup.

With today's news that Goodson is expected to report in the next 24 hours (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/26/report-mike-goodson-to-report-to-jets-in-next-24-hours/), I have to wonder how long Bilal Powell can maintain his hold on the backup job, however. Goodson is a talented back, albeit very troubled.
Hard to say. Can Goodson come in and do well when he has missed so much time in camp and so many reps? How well will he know the offense? And he also has an injury history, which is partly why he hasn't won a starting job somewhere.

powell will get his share of carries I think it will be an even split with ivory if I had to guess, with ivory getting the goalline

If by so crazy chance the Jets are playing from behind often, I would think that would increase Powell's snaps. There might be a little bit of value there.

Jump on board before it's too late, fellas!!!

~~~~~~▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▌

~~~▄ ▄██▌....BILAL BANDWAGON!

▄▄▄▌ ██▌

███████▌ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▌

▀(O)▀▀▀▀▀▀▀(O)(O)▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀(O)(O)▀▀▘

(Forced to start him in a large league with Vereen hurt)

:bag:

Jump on board before it's too late, fellas!!!

~~~~~~▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▌

~~~▄ ▄██▌....BILAL BANDWAGON!

▄▄▄▌ ██▌

███████▌ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▌

▀(O)▀▀▀▀▀▀▀(O)(O)▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀(O)(O)▀▀▘

(Forced to start him in a large league with Vereen hurt)

:bag:
:lol:

Seriously though, he's not a bad buy-low if you need a decent RB4 in PPR leagues. Got more snaps and touches than Ivory and the Bucs have a really good run defense so it's no surprise that the Jets didn't do much damage.

He is not as dynamic a runner as Ivory, but he is a good short yardage/goal line back, catches well, and will grind out positive yards.

He is not as dynamic a runner as Ivory, but he is a good short yardage/goal line back, catches well, and will grind out positive yards.
Yeah, this is a nightmare. I'm in a million-team league, stuck with BOTH Ivory and Powell.

All I can hope is that one of them suddenly becomes unterrible and claims 75% of the carries.

Powell has looked pretty good running the ball vs. BUF. With Ivory out with a knee injury (not sure on the severity yet), he's rushed for 100 yards on 18 carries and has two 20+ yard runs (25 and 27 I believe).

Goodson is coming back soon but it's obvious that NYJ really trusts Powell. If Ivory's injury is serious Powell might end up being a stronger flex in the near future.

Users who are viewing this thread