What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**Bills at Eagles** (-3, 48.5) 4:25 (1 Viewer)

I've read this is supposed to be a hangover game for the Eagles, after a tough win against the Chiefs on MNF. I don't buy it.

The Bills are way too banged up on Defense to stop Philly's Offense. They won't get as much pressure as KC did (that's a helluva Dline in KC) and they don't have Spags dialing up exotic, disguised blitz packages. The Bills secondary is piecemeal and injured: Hyde, Jackson, Johnson, Lewis and Rapp all either OUT or Limited.

Josh Allen should have success against Philly's secondary, especially with Diggs, Shakir and Kincaid. I'd start any of those 3 this week.

I look for a high scoring game, but Eagles win. Ugly win, but no heart attack moments like the last several.

This could turn into an Arean League game.
But I think Philly will have a few long drives that will eat some clock.
Bills will TRY to run to play keep away.
So I'll go with a middling...

Pheagles- 30
Best Wings- 23

Eagles at home against a team that hasn't played well on the road. There is no such thing as a trap game when Hurts plays. Jalen Hurts is 23-2 in his last 25 regular season games. The 2 losses, the Eagles turned the ball over 4 times in each game. The Bills turned the Jets over 4 times last week, the chances of them doing that in back to back weeks is slim.

Eagles - 37
Bills - 31

In 5 games this season the Eagles have scored 25 or fewer pts. In 3 games they've scored 21 or fewer. in only 4 games have they scored more than 30 pts.
This isn't the 2022 Eagles that can put a 45 spot on someone. They're dominant with ball control now. I don't think they're going to find it easy to play against the new Bills OC and his new style of play calling - eagles have one game's worth of film to watch since he became the OC.
I imagine Cook is going to have a big role in this game, lots of dumpoffs, probably 5-8 recs as a RB. he should find running lanes galore, Eagles aren't an insurmountable defense.
I do think the Bills give them fits here. 38-23 Bills

In 5 games this season the Eagles have scored 25 or fewer pts. In 3 games they've scored 21 or fewer. in only 4 games have they scored more than 30 pts.
This isn't the 2022 Eagles that can put a 45 spot on someone. They're dominant with ball control now. I don't think they're going to find it easy to play against the new Bills OC and his new style of play calling - eagles have one game's worth of film to watch since he became the OC.
I imagine Cook is going to have a big role in this game, lots of dumpoffs, probably 5-8 recs as a RB. he should find running lanes galore, Eagles aren't an insurmountable defense.
I do think the Bills give them fits here. 38-23 Bills

Eagles scoring at home: 34, 34, 31, 28

Buffalo scoring on road: 37, 25, 18, 16

@Joe Bryant , is there a reason FBG has Josh Allen projected at 0 points this week?

Not sure what you mean. He's projected for 21.21 points today. https://www.footballguys.com/projec...lTeam=BUF&stafferName=&durationTypeKey=weekly
Yes it seems ok now. Last night it was showing him at 0 on the league dominated and a few other players too but seems to have worked itself out. Thanks!

Thanks. Had to have been something on your end not refreshing or something. We would have been flooded with tickets to have our QB5 not showing stats. He's been that way since early in the week. If you see anything weird like that again, please let them know at www.footballguys.com/help and clicking contact support. That's way faster and better than tagging me here.

Shefter reporting that Lane Johnson added to the injury report with a groin. If he doesn't play, the Eagles won't win. They have a terrible record when he is out.

Lane Johnson just popped up with groin tightness. :oldunsure:
Rapaport:

The Eagles have updated their practice report, and OT Lane Johnson is now questionable with a groin injury.

Johnson reported to trainers this morning that he now has groin soreness. He's getting treatment and will have an MRI. Johnson fully participated all week and has not received any treatment until this morning.

I don’t think the “probable” term for injuries exist anymore either questionable or doubtful if not ruled out. I’m thinking he plays but haha this ain’t great.

Eagles 34
Bills 28

Lane will do what he needs to to play. If he can’t go or is pulled during the game we’ll lose. The lane Johnson effect is real.

Major problem. Also seems like being last minute is even worse since they couldn’t even work on alternate schemes this week.
Yep, this is really really really bad. I just wanna win this game. SF/DAL are losses. Rest Lane up for Playoffs.
What!? I don’t think that’s at all a given

Major problem. Also seems like being last minute is even worse since they couldn’t even work on alternate schemes this week.
Yep, this is really really really bad. I just wanna win this game. SF/DAL are losses. Rest Lane up for Playoffs.
Without Lane, I would be very surprised if we win those. He's arguably the most important player on the team.

Without Lane, I would be very surprised if we win those. He's arguably the most important player on the team.
Oh I agree besides Jalen he is the most important player. I’m just saying he almost played today so you have to think hell be good to go

Users who are viewing this thread