What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**Bills at Eagles** (-3, 48.5) 4:25 (1 Viewer)

Bills take a timeout and kneel it to go to overtime. Bills call a soft zone coverage on 3rd and 4. They 100% deserved to lose and McDermott deserves to have his job be in question.

Poor Josh Allen. He played amazing and his teammates all let him down.
yeah, almost feels like a game to watch again to figure out what happened from both teams. Really can't figure out if Bills just came out in the 1st half firing on all cylinders, and then the Eagles did the same kind of thing for the 2nd half, or what

In the first half, the passing game wasn't working because the Bills were getting too much pressure. In the second they just ran the ball to slow the pressure.
Eagles have been absolutely amazing at second half adjustments this year

Bills take a timeout and kneel it to go to overtime. Bills call a soft zone coverage on 3rd and 4. They 100% deserved to lose and McDermott deserves to have his job be in question.

Poor Josh Allen. He played amazing and his teammates all let him down.
yeah, almost feels like a game to watch again to figure out what happened from both teams. Really can't figure out if Bills just came out in the 1st half firing on all cylinders, and then the Eagles did the same kind of thing for the 2nd half, or what

In the first half, the passing game wasn't working because the Bills were getting too much pressure. In the second they just ran the ball to slow the pressure.
Eagles have been absolutely amazing at second half adjustments this year

I'd prefer is they were also absolutely amazing at the start of the game as well.

Also how do you know Philly won if you didn't even watch the end of the game?! :wink:

They cut to it on SNF and exactly what I expected to happen, happened. :shrug:

Still don't understand how that makes me a "Bills fan". I'm pretty clear on the forums here.
SNF was 15 minutes of pre-game left when Philly won the game.

Was joking about being a Bills fan because I was pretty sure you weren't. Just don't see how a 'neutral' fan of that game would actually turn off one of the best games of the season, in overtime, to watch some pre-game Chargers stuff. Seems very strange.

I also think the Eagles win is the definition of a "team win". I mean who is the MVP of the game?
Jalen Hurts for 5 TDs and game winning drive
Devontae Smith with clutch catches
Jake Elliot for his 60 yarder to send to OT
James Bradeberry who had that clutch INT to slow the Bills down in the 1st half
Jordan Davis for putting it all out there running down Allen to make him short of the 1st down

Man, I know this stings for Bills fans but really was a fun game to watch and enjoy.

This. When I see posts that call the Eagles "lucky", if they are, they're making their own luck.
Theyā€™re kind of like the Patriots from the early 2000s. And that isnā€™t a bad thing.

I know this has been said before, but every time Romo does a game it becomes very obvious why he never won anything. He gets very excited and anxious during crunch time as a commentator and he did the same as a player. Not clutch at all. Needs do calm down.

Hurts is locked in. One of the best things about him. Cool as a cucumber.

I also think the Eagles win is the definition of a "team win". I mean who is the MVP of the game?
Jordan Davis for putting it all out there running down Allen to make him short of the 1st down

Man, I know this stings for Bills fans but really was a fun game to watch and enjoy.
Right?

Just a team full of MVP candidates! Iā€™ve never seen anything like it.
What a time to be alive! :popcorn:

This. When I see posts that call the Eagles "lucky", if they are, they're making their own luck.
Theyā€™re kind of like the Patriots from the early 2000s. And that isnā€™t a bad thing.
Definitely need luck to win in this league. Every Super Bowl winner has had "luck" at some point.

I know this has been said before, but every time Romo does a game it becomes very obvious why he never won anything. He gets very excited and anxious during crunch time as a commentator and he did the same as a player. Not clutch at all. Needs do calm down.

I still don't understand him. I didn't feel confident seeing how relaxed and carefree he was on the sideline... but then he just comes in and.... does that.

Bills played fantastic. They came in and played well enough to win. Josh rarely misses that throw.

They'll be right in this at the end of the year.

Eagles at home against a team that hasn't played well on the road. There is no such thing as a trap game when Hurts plays. Jalen Hurts is 23-2 in his last 25 regular season games. The 2 losses, the Eagles turned the ball over 4 times in each game. The Bills turned the Jets over 4 times last week, the chances of them doing that in back to back weeks is slim.

Eagles - 37
Bills - 31

Ooh, so close.

I love Romo because he loves the game so much. I get it that lots don't like him though.

Nantz / Romo is easily one of my favorite broadcast teams.

Definitely need luck to win in this league. Every Super Bowl winner has had "luck" at some point.
Absolutely! Iā€™m now pretty certain that this Eagles team isnā€™t really built to blow out very many teams. Every single game will be close (check blood pressure lol). But they have a coaching staff who is incredible at making adjustments and probably the most clutch QB in football. They also are getting a good bit of luck. :wink: . I still donā€™t know if theyā€™re the best team in football on paper but that doesnā€™t really matter much at this point. Battle tested going into the playoffs as the 1 seed is what itā€™s all about.

Right?

Just a team full of MVP candidates! Iā€™ve never seen anything like it.
What a time to be alive! :popcorn:
my bad, meant "player of the game". Same idea as MVP of the game, but sure I'll give you "player of the game" then

I love Romo because he loves the game so much. I get it that lots don't like him though.

I love Romo as well. Not sure why the hate (unless itā€™s just Eagles fans hating on any Cowboy)

Absolutely! Iā€™m now pretty certain that this Eagles team isnā€™t really built to blow out very many teams. Every single game will be close (check blood pressure lol). But they have a coaching staff who is incredible at making adjustments and probably the most clutch QB in football. They also are getting a good bit of luck. :wink: . I still donā€™t know if theyā€™re the best team in football on paper but that doesnā€™t really matter much at this point. Battle tested going into the playoffs as the 1 seed is what itā€™s all about.
I'm not sure if they're the best team either, but they're up there. Lots of teams can beat us and we can beat those teams too. It's going to come down to some bounces going certain ways in playoffs to see who makes/wins the SB.

Yeah I had all my kids and grandbabies here during the game for a late Thanksgiving get together. My stepson can't stand Romo....But I'm with you Joe, his excitability was a net negative as a QB, but I love it from him in the booth

I'm not sure if they're the best team either, but they're up there. Lots of teams can beat us and we can beat those teams too. It's going to come down to some bounces going certain ways in playoffs to see who makes/wins the SB.
The only thing I disagree with is ā€œlotsā€ of teams can beat you. I would say the Eagles are clearly a top 6 team.

I love Romo as well. Not sure why the hate (unless itā€™s just Eagles fans hating on any Cowboy)
Romo drives me a little nuts because his advice when teams are in the 2-minute drill is always so terrible, which is probably why he was always so bad at the end of games. He announces like he played the game: very good for most of it, not so great in the crunch moments.

The only thing I disagree with is ā€œlotsā€ of teams can beat you. I would say the Eagles are clearly a top 6 team.
Ya, I guess. But...

Philly
Dallas
SF
Detroit
KC
Buffalo
Jax
Miami
Baltimore

I could see any of these 10 teams beating any of these teams on any given Sunday if they get lucky with some drops, tipped ball interceptions, missed fgs, etc. They're all close enough that they all COULD win the SB.

Romo drives me a little nuts because his advice when teams are in the 2-minute drill is always so terrible, which is probably why he was always so bad at the end of games. He announces like he played the game: very good for most of it, not so great in the crunch moments.

We'll just disagree there. I think he usually gets it spot on. I disagreed with him not hating the Buffalo kneel down. But the tying FG commentary was spot on with the last time out call and how they'd have to "mayday" the kick. He's outstanding on the broadcast in those situations in my opinion.

Ya, I guess. But...

Philly
Dallas
SF
Detroit
KC
Buffalo
Jax
Miami
Baltimore

I could see any of these 10 teams beating any of these teams on any given Sunday if they get lucky with some drops, tipped ball interceptions, missed fgs, etc. They're all close enough that they all COULD win the SB.
Ok good point but I don't constitute that list as a "lot". And realistically I can't see Jax or Detroit beating them in the playoffs. But that's just my opinion of course.

Ya, I guess. But...

Philly
Dallas
SF
Detroit
KC
Buffalo
Jax
Miami
Baltimore

Ok good point but I don't constitute that list as a "lot". And realistically I can't see Jax or Detroit beating them in the playoffs. But that's just my opinion of course.
Agree but I just have seen too many things in sports to be surprised by anything. Jax and Detroit are good football teams. If we can lose to the Jets, we can easily lose to one of those teams if we somehow turn the ball over a ton or some bounces go the other way. Everyone likes to blast a team that loses and praise a team that wins, but I feel everyone would be all over Buffalo for a great win if Josh hits that throw.

Bills will be lucky to make the playoffs. Wow.
If they beat either the Cowboys or Chiefs and win the last 3 vs LAC, NE, and Miami, still about 50% chance. Beat both DAL and KC, they have a great chance.
It's going take a lot of luck. That kc game is probably a must win since their conference record is bad which would be the tiebreaker with the teams they're competing with for those final spots.

Users who are viewing this thread