What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**Bills at Eagles** (-3, 48.5) 4:25 (1 Viewer)

Bills take a timeout and kneel it to go to overtime. Bills call a soft zone coverage on 3rd and 4. They 100% deserved to lose and McDermott deserves to have his job be in question.

Poor Josh Allen. He played amazing and his teammates all let him down.

With Allen's arm how do you not take a shot to get into FG range...obviously it may not work but playing for OT at Philly makes no sense.

Bills take a timeout and kneel it to go to overtime. Bills call a soft zone coverage on 3rd and 4. They 100% deserved to lose and McDermott deserves to have his job be in question.

yeah, almost feels like a game to watch again to figure out what happened from both teams. Really can't figure out if Bills just came out in the 1st half firing on all cylinders, and then the Eagles did the same kind of thing for the 2nd half, or what

Bills gotta be the wildest 6-6 team in history. They could easily beat any team in the NFL, and seemingly blow it against all but the worst.

The AFC is thrilled the Eagles won. Especially Miami.
In four of their losses Allen has brought them even or ahead at the end for the defence to blow it.

That is why McDermott needs to go. He does not know how to get his teams to finish.

Then again, he wastes time outs and doesn’t even try to take the lead with 20 seconds left so what kind of example does that set?
For all the crap Allen gets, he gets very little help. I don't there is a QB in the NFL who could switch places with Allen and have more success than he has.

yeah, almost feels like a game to watch again to figure out what happened from both teams. Really can't figure out if Bills just came out in the 1st half firing on all cylinders, and then the Eagles did the same kind of thing for the 2nd half, or what

In the first half, the passing game wasn't working because the Bills were getting too much pressure. In the second they just ran the ball to slow the pressure.

MVP. MVP. MVP.
Can’t imagine how awesome that feels running in the game winning TD in OT with your fans going wild in front of you.
Jalen seems to have no emotions, his heart rate probably went up 1 beat per hour.
he and AJ and Smith all looked like they were falling asleep on the sidelines during the buffalo OT possession. studs.
haha I noticed that too. I was like "Jalen, you ready to play?" he looked just uninterested and half asleep lol

I don't there is a QB in the NFL who could switch places with Allen and have more success than he has.

Agreed. The game plan is "Ok Allen - go be Superman".

That's not a real game plan.

This game was easy to see how it would go by the 3rd Q when I called it.

I don't there is a QB in the NFL who could switch places with Allen and have more success than he has.

I'm not sure how you can say that's 'easy to see'. Josh Allen missed Gabe in the endzone, which should have been an Eagles loss right there.

I never knew you were a Bills fan though Joe! I'm thankful the reverse jinx didn't work though.

Hell of a game. That's how close winning and losing is in this league... there should be no "I knew they'd win/lose" from this game... one inch another way and the result is different.

In the first half, the passing game wasn't working because the Bills were getting too much pressure. In the second they just ran the ball to slow the pressure.
In OT Buffalo rushed 4 guys and let him stand back there

I actually thought the offensive game plan and play calling was pretty good for the 2nd game in a row by Brady. But Diggs dropped several balls, Cook dropped an easy TD early on, Davis dropped a pass and just wasn’t on the same page on that last pass, Bass missed 2 FGs and McDermott made a bunch of questionable decisions both as HC and as DC.

A lot has been made of how Mahomes’s receivers have been bad, but Allen has been let down by his guys at least as much IMO.

I actually thought the offensive game plan and play calling was pretty good for the 2nd game in a row by Brady. But Diggs dropped several balls, Cook dropped an easy TD early on, Davis dropped a pass and just wasn’t on the same page on that last pass, Bass missed 2 FGs and McDermott made a bunch of questionable decisions both as HC and as DC.

A lot has been made of how Mahomes’s receivers have been bad, but Allen has been let down by his guys at least as much IMO.

Agreed it was better. I should have said the offensive philosophy.

"Josh go be Superman" isn't a good plan. It works sometimes. But against a loaded roster like Eagles, you predictably get this.

I never knew you were a Bills fan though Joe! I'm thankful the reverse jinx didn't work though.

:confused: What are you talking about?
Well you're a big nfl fan and said you were changing the channel away from an NFL OT game. Why would you do that?

Knowing how the game would go makes me a Bills fan and something about a "reverse jinx"? No idea what you're talking about.
Did you really change the channel? Just asking.

Knowing how the game would go
Don't think anyone really "Knew how the game would go". You said they'd win by 10, but if Josh makes that throw even slightly better in OT, Bills win the game.

That game could have easily gone either way... very lucky Josh screwed up that easy td throw.

If you're a Bills fan, you want McDermott gone, right?

QB windows are short. Especially one as physical as Allen. I don't know who they get. Maybe Ben Johnson. But it's painful to see how this goes with McDermott.

Hurts is 2 for 9, 19yds, 1 INT and a zero passer rating so far.

He does have 3 rushes for 18 yds and a Tush Push TD though, so theres that.
I have to say the tush push TDs aren’t the most exciting, although I appreciate the fantasy points.

The rushing TD to win the game in OT though was a pretty nice run to win the game and put him at 5 TD for the day.

On the tush push I assume they will keep running it til someone shows they can stop it.

"Josh go be Superman" isn't a good plan. It works sometimes. But against a loaded roster like Eagles, you predictably get this.

Arguably, they may have lost exactly because their head coach didn’t trust him to go be Superman when they kneeled it with 20 seconds left in the game.

Don't think anyone really "Knew how the game would go".

I did. That's why I said it. I don't have time to type things I don't believe.

Could I be wrong? Of course. But I had a good idea of how the game would go at the end of the 4th Quarter. Thats why I said I had a good idea of how the game would go.

Arguably, they may have lost exactly because their head coach didn’t trust him to go be Superman when they kneeled it with 20 seconds left in the game.
Have to be honest, I was thanking God he kneeled it.

I actually couldn’t believe they burned a timeout to ice the kicker. 20 seconds for Josh Allen against the Eagles secondary with 2 timeouts is plenty of time. :shrug:

If you're a Bills fan, you want McDermott gone, right?

QB windows are short. Especially one as physical as Allen. I don't know who they get. Maybe Ben Johnson. But it's painful to see how this goes with McDermott.
At this point, yes. There is a culture of playing not to lose and it has cost them repeatedly. They have also been consistently sloppy and penalty prone throughout McDermott’s tenure.

At some point you have to stop attributing all the dumb gut punch losses to bad luck and you have to try something different.

:confused: What are you talking about?
Well you're a big nfl fan and said you were changing the channel away from an NFL OT game. Why would you do that?

Knowing how the game would go makes me a Bills fan and something about a "reverse jinx"? No idea what you're talking about.

I don't believe what I just saw
It doesn't even feel real. We just somehow keep winning.
Refs played great for you today.
Worked for the Pats for 2 decades. I'm ok with this.
It was gross then. It’s gross now. It’s ok to admit it I guess

Don't think anyone really "Knew how the game would go".

I did. That's why I said it. I don't have time to type things I don't believe.

Could I be wrong? Of course. But I had a good idea of how the game would go at the end of the 4th Quarter. Thats why I said I had a good idea of how the game would go.
Knowing something and Believing something are different things.

If you "knew it would happen", you can't really be wrong.

At this point, yes. There is a culture of playing not to lose and it has cost them repeatedly. They have also been consistently sloppy and penalty prone throughout McDermott’s tenure.

At some point you have to stop attributing all the dumb gut punch losses to bad luck and you have to try something different.

I think they have to do it.

I think the Bills bounce back from this and squeek into the playoffs and they'll be a dangerous team. They just went on the road in a hostile environment, and were inches away from beating the best team in the NFL.

They can beat ANYONE, even on the road.

That's kind of you but I'm not omnipotent.

I felt like I knew with certainty how the game would go by the 3rd Q. And certainly once Eagle crossed midfield in OT. :shrug:

On the upside McDermott isn't as bad as Brandon Staley opening with 12 men on the field. But wasting an elite QB in his prime the same way.

That's kind of you but I'm not omnipotent.

I felt like I knew with certainty how the game would go by the 3rd Q. And certainly once Eagle crossed midfield in OT. :shrug:
Ya, we're going in circles, agree to disagree.

Saying "I knew with certainty Philly would win, but I could have been wrong" sounds contradictory.

Also how do you know Philly won if you didn't even watch the end of the game?! :wink:

I think they have to do it.
I fear that they won’t though. Ownership likes McDermott and likes the “culture” he brings. They just gave him an extension. He and the GM both came from Carolina and it was basically McDermott that got him the job.

Feels like they’ll most likely give him another year. Which is doubly foolish because they are in a lot of cap trouble next year and this team will look very different. Might as well pull the trigger on a new coach as well.

On the upside McDermott isn't as bad as Brandon Staley opening with 12 men on the field. But wasting an elite QB in his prime the same way.
I wouldn't give up on Buffalo, They just went on the road vs the best team in the NFL as 3.5 point underdogs, and were an inch from winning. Josh hits that throw 9/10... if he had, wouldn't we be praising Buffalo for their play today?

I would rather open with 12 on the field than lose a game due to 12 on the field and the other team missed their chip shot FG but gets another try 😢

McDermott needs to go but if I could bet it I would bet on zero chance he is gone. It is not even clear who is running the show since Kim Pegula had her stroke last year, she was in charge of everything.

I also think the Eagles win is the definition of a "team win". I mean who is the MVP of the game?
Jalen Hurts for 5 TDs and game winning drive
Devontae Smith with clutch catches
Jake Elliot for his 60 yarder to send to OT
James Bradeberry who had that clutch INT to slow the Bills down in the 1st half
Jordan Davis for putting it all out there running down Allen to make him short of the 1st down

Man, I know this stings for Bills fans but really was a fun game to watch and enjoy.

I also think the Eagles win is the definition of a "team win". I mean who is the MVP of the game?
Jalen Hurts for 5 TDs and game winning drive
Devontae Smith with clutch catches
Jake Elliot for his 60 yarder to send to OT
James Bradeberry who had that clutch INT to slow the Bills down in the 1st half
Jordan Davis for putting it all out there running down Allen to make him short of the 1st down

Man, I know this stings for Bills fans but really was a fun game to watch and enjoy.

This. When I see posts that call the Eagles "lucky", if they are, they're making their own luck.

Also how do you know Philly won if you didn't even watch the end of the game?! :wink:

They cut to it on SNF and exactly what I expected to happen, happened. :shrug:

Still don't understand how that makes me a "Bills fan". I'm pretty clear on the forums here.

Users who are viewing this thread