What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bitcoin-Explain to me how to buy these things (3 Viewers)

Just a thought..... for now.

FTX is down 94% in the last month. 74% in the last week. :tfp:

I kinda think FTX might end up coming out of this alive. I can see someone backing them and it flys up 60% or so. Hmmmmm
Current price $1.41

Ill be keeping an eye. but it will be a timing thing/short term thing
Just for fun, found some dust and
61.89603FTT
$87.97 USD
about $1.43
Lets gamble

1309.50109FTT
@ $1.45
5785.08591FTT now. $1.50
purchased 5785 FTT $1.50
FTT was up to $2. Now at $1.75 (y)
I guess my thoughts are... I keep an eye on this thing. If it drops down to $1.50 or even $1.45, I ditch it. But if they get good news, maybe a 10X
If it goes to $3. I'll hold for that 10X or ride it back down, but I'll also dump if it goes down first. I may have timed it right.

This probably doesn't bode well for Sam:

The new CEO of the collapse cryptocurrency trading firm FTX, who oversaw Enron’s bankruptcy, said he has never seen such a “complete failure” of corporate control.

John Ray III, in a filing with the U.S. bankruptcy court for the district of Delaware, said there was a “complete absence of trustworthy financial information.”

“Never in my career have I seen such a complete failure of corporate controls and such a complete absence of trustworthy financial information as occurred here,” Ray said. “From compromised systems integrity and faulty regulatory oversight abroad, to the concentration of control in the hands of a very small group of inexperienced, unsophisticated and potentially compromised individuals, this situation is unprecedented.”

“Never in my career have I seen such a complete failure of corporate controls and such a complete absence of trustworthy financial information as occurred here,” Ray said. “From compromised systems integrity and faulty regulatory oversight abroad, to the concentration of control in the hands of a very small group of inexperienced, unsophisticated and potentially compromised individuals, this situation is unprecedented.”
Sounds like my wife, after I picked up a PS5 without consulting with her first.

I kinda think FTX might end up coming out of this alive. I can see someone backing them and it flys up 60% or so. Hmmmmm
Current price $1.41

61.89603FTT
$87.97 USD
about $1.43
Lets gamble

1309.50109FTT
@ $1.45
5785.08591FTT now. $1.50
purchased 5785 FTT $1.50
I guess my thoughts are... I keep an eye on this thing. If it drops down to $1.50 or even $1.45, I ditch it. But if they get good news, maybe a 10X
If it goes to $3. I'll hold for that 10X or ride it back down, but I'll also dump if it goes down first. I may have timed it right.
FTT dropped to $1.49. Experiment over. im out. pretty much even.

Current price $1.41

61.89603FTT
$87.97 USD
about $1.43
Lets gamble

1309.50109FTT
@ $1.45
5785.08591FTT now. $1.50
purchased 5785 FTT $1.50
FTT dropped to $1.49. Experiment over. im out. pretty much even.
I think it's 50/50 on which way it could go. I might pick up a small amount for a long term hold gamble. That is, when I'm done stacking other more lucrative things like SOL. :lol:

Whats the deal with SOL?

I think I remember it had something to do with FTX why it dropped so much

My favorite interview with SBF. He literally tells you that this whole thing is a Ponzi scheme.

Ponzi scheme

Oh haha I listen to the Odd Lots podcast and remember that episode. As soon as it came out the listeners started calling it out as a ponzi scheme. This week's episode touches on the red flags and the fallout since.

Whats the deal with SOL?

I think I remember it had something to do with FTX why it dropped so much
Isn't one of the criticisms of SOL that it is mostly held by one party? If anything, this whole FTX thing just enforces the value of truly decentralized protocols.

Also I believe Serum (SRM) was built on SOL.

I truly feel for those that bought high and lost a fortune. I know there are plenty who don't, but I do.
I think you’d have to be pretty heartless to not feel for them. It’s one thing to lose money because some coin tanked — that’s the risk of investing. It’s another to just completely have the money stolen from them via these seemingly safe exchanges. That’s not something that could be reasonably expected.
who could have ever expected an unregulated exchange to be fraudulent?
The ones that would not stop talking about their shrewd investments at cocktail parties and such, or whomever would listen, ala the dot com bubble era, sorry but I don't feel so bad.

There are a lot of things I feel bad for, this is not one of them. Adults making clearly speculative financial decisions that turned out wrong is not high on that list.
I hear you, really do. People that lost a little as a gamble, whatever, happens all the time. Unfortunately finacial literacy in this country seems to be pretty abysmal so feel bad for those that lost more than they could afford.

I never jumped on the bitcoin or any digital money investments, but Tom and Gisele almost got me into this one.

Funny how my wife wanted to get into it saying "If Tom Brady and his wife are invested it has to be on the up and up"

I guess that is why there are commercials.

“I was initially a crypto skeptic, but after studying some of the more interesting crypto projects, I have come to believe that crypto can enable the formation of useful businesses and technologies that heretofore could not be created. The ability to issue a token to incentivize participants in a venture is a powerful lever in accessing a global workforce to advance a project.”

Purchased some HEX at $.026

More importantly. got some more money off centralized exchanges. Bye Bye Robinhood which means im also out of DOGE. (sold .82)

I couldnt figure out how to purchase DOGE on MetaMask. is it not possible? alot of scam coins pretending to be it though

Current top 10 as of "market cap" --"although not sure I believe in market cap for crypto, but thats a different post.

BTC - $16441
ETH - $1161
USDT -- stable coin $1
BNB - $272
XRP - $.377
DOGE - $.081
ADA - $.31
MATIC - (polygon) - $.86

Saw a video about what coins were around during the last crash and what was left over. I dont have the details, but it was interesting.

SHIB was one of them #16 currently. interesting.

I would like to thank my baseball card speculation of the late 70's early 80's for not losing a fortune on crypto.
Now it's NFTs!!! the new baseball cards! Ugg

I know you are ripping on crypto here, but NFTs are literally digital baseball cards. I have no interest in NFT

I didn't do NFTs either but know some guys that made some. Seemed like way to much work for a gamble.

I'm not really ripping on crypto as much as I am myself. Speculators like yourself, good for you my brother! I don't know enough or pay attention enough to do it.

I bought 4k worth 3-4 years ago. 2k Ether, 1K Bit, 1K Lite. It was worth over 6k at one point. I sold it all the other day for a 2k loss. If there ever was a buy signal, I don't know what is. ;)

I would like to thank my baseball card speculation of the late 70's early 80's for not losing a fortune on crypto.

I know you are ripping on crypto here, but NFTs are literally digital baseball cards. I have no interest in NFT

I didn't do NFTs either but know some guys that made some. Seemed like way to much work for a gamble.

I'm not really ripping on crypto as much as I am myself. Speculators like yourself, good for you my brother! I don't know enough or pay attention enough to do it.

I bought 4k worth 3-4 years ago. 2k Ether, 1K Bit, 1K Lite. It was worth over 6k at one point. I sold it all the other day for a 2k loss. If there ever was a buy signal, I don't know what is. ;)
Heard and sorry brotha

In just my opinion, keep an eye on BTC. its kinda the "tech " of the crypto. What I mean by that is ...

in stock market, tech goes up, everything goes up.
in crypto, if Bitcoin goes up, everything seems to go up.

IMO, BTC @ $14K is a buy. BTC at $12K is all in.\maybe 10 lol

But "just my money" I dont buy BTC, I think ETH will VERY much put perform it.

SO as BTC drops to 14K I will buy ETH. If it drops to 12, I will buy more ETH.

If that makes sense.

Just my opinion for the non-crazy stuff

Heard and sorry brotha

In just my opinion, keep an eye on BTC. its kinda the "tech " of the crypto. What I mean by that is ...

in stock market, tech goes up, everything goes up.
in crypto, if Bitcoin goes up, everything seems to go up.

IMO, BTC @ $14K is a buy. BTC at $12K is all in.\maybe 10 lol

But "just my money" I dont buy BTC, I think ETH will VERY much put perform it.

SO as BTC drops to 14K I will buy ETH. If it drops to 12, I will buy more ETH.

If that makes sense.

Just my opinion for the non-crazy stuff
Interesting. I think Bitcoin has close to zero intrinsic value.

I appreciate the :( GB @Nathan R. Jessep but after getting at least one medical bill a week from $500-$4k in range for over a year, I'm numb to the concept of money. Betting trifectas right now based solely on the horse's name. lol ;)

HEX $2K to 1MM update.

Cashed out a bunch and have $70K at current value $.05 :drive:
HEX $2K to 1MM update. (HEX $.06)

And were upto $80K a few days later :shades:
$2K to 1MM update. $57,000. High was $750,000 (.50 cents or so) ... hex current price $0.0417

$45k gamble on sacrificing (pulse, pulse x, liquid loans) still waiting :kicksrock:
2K to 1MM update.

Basically just hanging.
Have about 1MM HEX
Day trading 16088 ICSA

$2K worth $42,000 or so right now. is the overall deal

High was $750-$800K

Did anyone get rich from jumping in early as a result of this thread? That's like I really care about, fwiw.

Did anyone get rich from jumping in early as a result of this thread? That's like I really care about, fwiw.
Because of this thread. I started researching crypto...

I turned $2K into $750K on 1 trade. but it was "staked" which means locked up. It's currently worth $40-$50K depending on the day. because its gone down while locked up.
Pretty sure im the biggest winner. unless someone who doesn't post.

if you want to look it up, you can see I purchased HEX at about $.0003 and it went over $.50C

NFTs are a great technology that can make our lives more convenient and more secure all while saving us money. Don't confuse digital ape photos with NFTs any more than you'd confuse corrupt exchanges with crypto. In both cases they are just silly things people are taking advantage of at the forefront. I can think of a lot of ways NFTs can make our lives better than there are a million more I haven't thought of yet. Remember, there was a time where the popular opinion that the internet was for nothing more than stupid chain letters and nigerian princes.

"Why would we need the internet for music, dummies, we already have the radio!"

If we aren't operating the majority of our lives on the blockchain in 20 years, both in terms of currency and assets, it will be the dumbest thing I've ever heard of. The blockchain is a zillion times better than what we have currently for both of those things.

NFTs are a great technology that can make our lives more convenient and more secure all while saving us money. Don't confuse digital ape photos with NFTs any more than you'd confuse corrupt exchanges with crypto. In both cases they are just silly things people are taking advantage of at the forefront. I can think of a lot of ways NFTs can make our lives better than there are a million more I haven't thought of yet. Remember, there was a time where the popular opinion that the internet was for nothing more than stupid chain letters and nigerian princes.

If we aren't operating the majority of our lives on the blockchain in 20 years, both in terms of currency and assets, it will be the dumbest thing I've ever heard of. The blockchain is a zillion times better than what we have currently for both of those things.
I think you are right with NFTs

Right now, they are being used as art. Most plebs are getting wrecked. quite a few are being used to launder money. But the use case will change.

Because of this thread. I started researching crypto...

I turned $2K into $750K on 1 trade. but it was "staked" which means locked up. It's currently worth $40-$50K depending on the day. because its gone down while locked up.
Pretty sure im the biggest winner. unless someone who doesn't post.

if you want to look it up, you can see I purchased HEX at about $.0003 and it went over $.50C
I also HAve Quite a bit of money in upcoming projects...

All, very risky. do not recommend. maybe blackjack bet

This is my whole thing -- what company can I invest in that will use the tech/security of NFTs/blockchain as something that has actual real world use and value?

This is my whole thing -- what company can I invest in that will use the tech/security of NFTs/blockchain as something that has actual real world use and value?
I mean, we are betting on what the "companies" you are looking for are gambling on. and dont be fooled, they are gambling. Look at all the companies that got wrecked betting on FTC and others.

At least I have my own wallet. Maybe a Coin I bet on goes under? sure. But at least it isnt the bank I bought it from and then the bank goes under. ****ed up

Im not sure as far as far as "has actual real world use and value" but if you are looking for stocks....

RIOT
COIN
MARA?
MSTR
Blackrock?

That being said... Despite the little pump today, which I assume is over the GDP news yesterday (up a little bit, higher than predictions), we are still going to almost certainly be coming down in the next month or so. Fed has said they are committed to raising rates at least another time or two, maybe up to 5%. Recession is almost a certainty at this point, IMO. They will keep raising until people stop spending. They've slowed it, but as yesterday's report shows, they haven't stopped it. In fact, yesterday, one of the main gurus I follow, who is a whiz at charting and keeps notes from many economists, actually said as of yesterday, he has halted all of his dollar-cost-averaging moves. That really got my attention. He's been preaching DCA for MONTHS during this bear market. He's that sure that we are coming down mightily from current prices. To quote him "it's going to get ugly."
For me personally (investing on the macro... building for the bull run which will be another year or two), I'm still stacking (small amounts), and ready to pounce with some bigger moves when we come down further. #notfinancialadvice

This prediction seems good for her business.
Oh agreed for sure. But also looking at the patterns when BTC has had halving cycles in the past, that prediction isn't quite as far-fetched. I've seen a couple of analysts chart it out and it's achievable for sure if the same patterns occur. History may not always repeat itself but it often rhymes. 2030 will be 2 bull cycles from now. 2025 should see BTC well over 100K. (it was what, 68K in 2021, 20K in 2018, IIRC?), so it's not far fetched that BTC could be approaching high-6 figures in a 2029-30 bull run.

This prediction seems good for her business.
Oh agreed for sure. But also looking at the patterns when BTC has had halving cycles in the past, that prediction isn't quite as far-fetched. I've seen a couple of analysts chart it out and it's achievable for sure if the same patterns occur. History may not always repeat itself but it often rhymes. 2030 will be 2 bull cycles from now. 2025 should see BTC well over 100K. (it was what, 68K in 2021, 20K in 2018, IIRC?), so it's not far fetched that BTC could be approaching high-6 figures in a 2029-30 bull run.

It took Super Bowl ads, naming rights on stadiums and A-list celebrities to get it to its previous high. It is hard to imagine topping that.

Users who are viewing this thread