What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bitcoin-Explain to me how to buy these things (7 Viewers)

you just wait until we go full weimar republic and that 56k bitcoin buys a loaf of bread.
That can happen to our cash too. If BTC goes to 0 it won't change my life very much, but if it goes to 100k, I might get a pool. Probably not, because I don't think I'd cash any out there, but maybe.
IMO
More likely with cash since the government can simply issue more. Germany & Argentina for example are cautionary tales. Too many dollars chasing too few goods (one of the few things I remember from my economics classes).
BTC has a finite amount that will ever be produced and most of it is already out there, or lost forever. While there are other ways the btc value can go boom or bust. The "weimar republic and that 56k bitcoin buys a loaf of bread", or 10k for 2 pizzas is unlikely.

My BTC from blockfi has officially hit my coin base wallet. Now how do I make back what I lost???? :oldunsure:

Still waiting on some ETH to hit, but boy is this a relief to at least have something back.

But for real, what are we buying now? :pickle:

My BTC from blockfi has officially hit my coin base wallet. Now how do I make back what I lost???? :oldunsure:

Still waiting on some ETH to hit, but boy is this a relief to at least have something back.

Was it from your interest account? I only got 25% of the value that was there. And I had been accruing chainlink for my interest and those greedy ****s kept all of it. Not happy with the way this whole thing played out. Oh well.

Was it from your interest account? I only got 25% of the value that was there. And I had been accruing chainlink for my interest and those greedy ****s kept all of it. Not happy with the way this whole thing played out. Oh well.
Yeah, it was all in the interest account. I didn't get any of my Link back. I didn't have much of that at all.

Oh I'm still pissed, but I'm moving on. The timing of it all just seems sus. They sell off our coins when they're at the lowest they had been in years. Then we get just a fraction of it back.

I feel like I took some real risk (like all of us), but I had made some real headway in accruing BTC. I knew the risks of losing it in a dumb way and I felt like I took most all those precautions and did pretty well. Then in a blink of an eye it was just gone. Hate it.

Just trying to pick up and make it back now. I've been sitting on a few bags that are enough to get me back in the game. I really haven't even looked at this stuff since Nov 2022. If Matic, XLM, Link(I left on another site) and XRP can do well and hit their ATHs again I'll be sitting just fine for this next cycle.

I gotta quit hijacking the stock thread...

Bitcoin is about to pop to 80k prehalvening.

Lot of resistance at $69k and it went up fast enough today we probably get a hard snap down by a couple k that will recover just as fast.

We are about 1/3 way through this bull run and havent hit the fun part.

The average joe would be better off long term owning one of the bitcoin etfs over your own account at coinbase. Too many security risks.

Best way to predict current short term price trends is to monitor the flows from the etfs...

Done real time here:

From today's price movement i think we will see net inflows $350m+. Blackrock is always last to report around 11pm central.

If gbtc bled less then $100 million for the third straight day we may see 80k before market close on Friday.
can you flesh that out a little more? The negative (red) numbers mean they're having to sell BTCs back into the market, right?

Best way to predict current short term price trends is to monitor the flows from the etfs...

Done real time here:

From today's price movement i think we will see net inflows $350m+. Blackrock is always last to report around 11pm central.

If gbtc bled less then $100 million for the third straight day we may see 80k before market close on Friday.
can you flesh that out a little more? The negative (red) numbers mean they're having to sell BTCs back into the market, right?
Correct. These new ETFs allows the brokerages to create new shares by buying bitcoin or cash in shares. Almost all of them are required to do so through coinbase.

Gbtc was a closed fund before the conversion and remains a 1.3% expense fee while the rest average under .3%. This has resulted in big chunk of gbtc being converted to other funds or cashed in to lock a profit. Feds also seized 22 million shares from FTX and those were being cashed in to pay creditors as well.

These cash outs have kept the bitcoin inventory up on exchanges. The real action will start with a supply squeeze once the gbtc bleeding starts. At these rates I'm expecting within 60-90 days.

Eta: Gbtc currently holds about 320,000 btc.

Last edited:
Kind of like when pron adopted vhs over beta in the 80s

It's kind of amazing how much technology that industry has pioneered. From posting pictures on the nascent internet to streaming videos to processing credit card payments securely - most of the things that became the backbone of the internet of commerce and content as we know it today.

On that note - is there an OnlyFansCoin or BrazzersBucks or something that we can speculate in? If anyone is going to figure out and mainstream crypto use cases.......

Unless we are still getting -$200m+ out of GBTC still today, I'm really unimpressed by the retail demand. Hopefully I am just a couple days ahead of myself which admittedly happens a lot.

-303.3 million from GBTC today. More than any day last week. Next level of pricing can't come until this bleeding stops.

Good thing is that it's just a matter of time.

Users who are viewing this thread