What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Black Lives Matter- but so do all lives (1 Viewer)

CNN busted out a poll last night that said that 2/3 of black people identify more with "all lives matter" than "black lives matter," which is telling; these BLM activists can't even get the majority of black folks on their side because of their methods and lack of any direction or real ideas.

CNN busted out a poll last night that said that 2/3 of black people identify more with "all lives matter" than "black lives matter," which is telling; these BLM activists can't even get the majority of black folks on their side because of their methods and lack of any direction or real ideas.
Just curious

How many black people were polled in this CNN poll.

Just curious

How many black people were polled in this CNN poll.
They were probably all cornball bothers..not down with the cause.

I've been thinking more and more about this BLM movement, and listening to its spokesmen, and the more I hear the more I don't like.

I absolutely believe that there is institutionalized racism in this country and that young black men are mistreated by police/ it's a real issue, we need to find ways to solve it, and I totally get the frustration and rage. But that doesn't make it right. These guys are divisive. As someone pointed out in the Bernie Sanders thread, they are more Malcolm X than Martin Luther King.

These people, like the Tea Party, like Occupy Wall Street, represent the growing extremism that is taking over the edges of our society. They don't seem to want rational discourse or real solutions. Instead they're just looking for a fight. Count me out.
Good post
I overstated it. I'm actually sympathetic to the regular folks who are connected to this movement. It's only a few of the leaders that I found to be obnoxious and extreme.
You can pretty much say that about anything. Any movement or ideology has crazies out front who are stirring the pot. This particular movement is insane and anyone with half a brain should understand that in both the short term and the long term, this hurts African Americans in a huge way. It perpetuates stereotypes and exponentially increases the fear of them among all other races. Shame on you for giving it any credence whatsoever.

There is a blueprint out there for helping those who feel marginalized and downtrodden, his name is Martin Luther King Jr. It is a travesty that in the last 50 years, not one person in the black community has emerged to carry that torch and improve the situation. I'm looking at you President Denali.

I wanted to read about this chant and I stumbled across this:

Beginning in 2009, St. Paul police have shot and killed 11 men, nine of whom were people of color. No other law enforcement agency in Minnesota has used deadly force more often over the past six years.
No context was given. Were any of these cops shot at first? That's some pretty stunningly irresponsible journalism right there.
Well it would greatly surprise me if the law enforcement agency from Minnesota with the most instances of deadly force wasn't either St. Paul or Minneapolis. Those two are by far the largest cities in the state. I mean if Minnetonka with 1/6th the population of St. Paul had more uses of deadly force - that would be a story.

Did they ever have a high point of support? I suppose it doesn't matter. If there ever was it's certainly gone now.

I'm beginning to wonder if the media just blew this up for ratings.

I've been thinking more and more about this BLM movement, and listening to its spokesmen, and the more I hear the more I don't like.

I absolutely believe that there is institutionalized racism in this country and that young black men are mistreated by police/ it's a real issue, we need to find ways to solve it, and I totally get the frustration and rage. But that doesn't make it right. These guys are divisive. As someone pointed out in the Bernie Sanders thread, they are more Malcolm X than Martin Luther King.

These people, like the Tea Party, like Occupy Wall Street, represent the growing extremism that is taking over the edges of our society. They don't seem to want rational discourse or real solutions. Instead they're just looking for a fight. Count me out.
Good post
I overstated it. I'm actually sympathetic to the regular folks who are connected to this movement. It's only a few of the leaders that I found to be obnoxious and extreme.
You can pretty much say that about anything. Any movement or ideology has crazies out front who are stirring the pot. This particular movement is insane and anyone with half a brain should understand that in both the short term and the long term, this hurts African Americans in a huge way. It perpetuates stereotypes and exponentially increases the fear of them among all other races. Shame on you for giving it any credence whatsoever.

There is a blueprint out there for helping those who feel marginalized and downtrodden, his name is Martin Luther King Jr. It is a travesty that in the last 50 years, not one person in the black community has emerged to carry that torch and improve the situation. I'm looking at you President Denali.
Hopefully this "be like MLK!" thing is shtick, but in case people actually think it's a reasonable point:

King advocated passive resistance but never criticized those who expressed their outrage in other ways, blaming unjust conditions that create anger and resentment and riots rather than the rioters themselves. He also said that those who criticize riots and protests as counterproductive (i.e pretty much everything else you said in your post) are totally missing the point. link

He also got treated like absolute #### by the government and others; asking other black people to emulate him is basically asking them to bend over and take it. link

Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/09/01/1417306/-Conservatives-want-to-kill-the-messengers-of-Black-Lives-Matter-instead-of-addressing-the-message

Conservatives want to kill the messengers of Black Lives Matter instead of addressing the message

by Shaun King

The unequivocal, unwavering, unmistakably clear message emanating from the Black Lives Matter movement is that in the United States the default setting in issues of justice and equality toward African Americans is skewed horribly toward mistreatment and abuse.

The facts bear this out.

Black mentally ill people killed by police are 11 times more likely than whites to be unarmed.

Black people in general who are killed by police are twice as likely as whites to be unarmed.

Black women represent an outrageously disproportionate percentage of police stops, arrests and cases of abuse by police.

Black teenagers are an astounding 21 times more likely to be killed by police than white teens.

Even though study after study shows that African Americans and whites use marijuana at the exact same rate, African Americans are up to 10 times more likely to be arrested for it.

These are factshorrible, distinctly American factshave caused a growing movement in America to swell from coast to coast.

Somehow, though, Elisabeth Hasslebeck has determined that the Black Lives Matter movement should be classified as a hate group.

Now, a Houston sheriff is outrageously blaming the Black Lives Matter movement for the awful death of one of his officers.

I am being attacked daily now with lies from conservatives. Even Rush Limbaugh is wading in to blast me and the Black Lives Matter movement.

But, in all of this, the legitimate and pressing concerns we are expressing are being ignored and conservatives have clearly chosen to attack the messengers of the movement instead of even remotely addressing the message. It's despicable because our message is not partisan, our pain is not a political football, our problems are not petty. But the attacks on us are.

If anything, this response to our protests, to our tears, to our pleas for a better, more equitable America, only confirms what they really think about us.

Good post

Hopefully this "be like MLK!" thing is shtick, but in case people actually think it's a reasonable point:

King advocated passive resistance but never criticized those who expressed their outrage in other ways, blaming unjust conditions that create anger and resentment and riots rather than the rioters themselves. He also said that those who criticize riots and protests as counterproductive (i.e pretty much everything else you said in your post) are totally missing the point. link

He also got treated like absolute #### by the government and others; asking other black people to emulate him is basically asking them to bend over and take it. link
Nope, not shtick at all. I think this is an idiotic way to enact change because all it is really changing right now is making more everyday citizens who ordinarily do not think of this kind of stuff fear blacks. These fools are focusing on a very small subset of incidents that occur within the context of the black community. By and large, the VAST majority of law enforcement are in the field to actually help others and make the world a better place. Are there bad apples? Yes. There are bad apples in every walk of life.

What this really is about are a group of people who do not want to adhere to what you liberals would call 'norms'. To do that is to be acting 'white'. This is simply unacceptable. Until it is realized that defiance, violence, exploitation, and misogyny are not normal everyday behaviors we will never solve this because that is what the cops have to deal with everyday in protecting these streets. That is the root of why these idiots resist when confronted and the fact cops deal with this everyday, it is a miracle that they are not killing even more people.

T

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/09/01/1417306/-Conservatives-want-to-kill-the-messengers-of-Black-Lives-Matter-instead-of-addressing-the-message

Conservatives want to kill the messengers of Black Lives Matter instead of addressing the message

by Shaun King

The unequivocal, unwavering, unmistakably clear message emanating from the Black Lives Matter movement is that in the United States the default setting in issues of justice and equality toward African Americans is skewed horribly toward mistreatment and abuse.

The facts bear this out.

Black mentally ill people killed by police are 11 times more likely than whites to be unarmed.

Black people in general who are killed by police are twice as likely as whites to be unarmed.

Black women represent an outrageously disproportionate percentage of police stops, arrests and cases of abuse by police.

Black teenagers are an astounding 21 times more likely to be killed by police than white teens.

Even though study after study shows that African Americans and whites use marijuana at the exact same rate, African Americans are up to 10 times more likely to be arrested for it.

These are factshorrible, distinctly American factshave caused a growing movement in America to swell from coast to coast.

Somehow, though, Elisabeth Hasslebeck has determined that the Black Lives Matter movement should be classified as a hate group.

Now, a Houston sheriff is outrageously blaming the Black Lives Matter movement for the awful death of one of his officers.

I am being attacked daily now with lies from conservatives. Even Rush Limbaugh is wading in to blast me and the Black Lives Matter movement.

But, in all of this, the legitimate and pressing concerns we are expressing are being ignored and conservatives have clearly chosen to attack the messengers of the movement instead of even remotely addressing the message. It's despicable because our message is not partisan, our pain is not a political football, our problems are not petty. But the attacks on us are.

If anything, this response to our protests, to our tears, to our pleas for a better, more equitable America, only confirms what they really think about us.
In order to be included in the 'equity' you have to actually participate. And yes, the message is soaked in vitriol; hate radiates from its core.

Anyways, it is stupid to argue about this because the way I see it, people are pretty dug and things will only get worse before they get better.

So conservatives want to kill the messengers instead of the message, and progressives want to kill the message (at least the part about killing cops).

Sounds like we all agree it's time to move on.

Good post
You can pretty much say that about anything. Any movement or ideology has crazies out front who are stirring the pot. This particular movement is insane and anyone with half a brain should understand that in both the short term and the long term, this hurts African Americans in a huge way. It perpetuates stereotypes and exponentially increases the fear of them among all other races. Shame on you for giving it any credence whatsoever. There is a blueprint out there for helping those who feel marginalized and downtrodden, his name is Martin Luther King Jr. It is a travesty that in the last 50 years, not one person in the black community has emerged to carry that torch and improve the situation. I'm looking at you President Denali.

Nope, not shtick at all. I think this is an idiotic way to enact change because all it is really changing right now is making more everyday citizens who ordinarily do not think of this kind of stuff fear blacks. These fools are focusing on a very small subset of incidents that occur within the context of the black community. By and large, the VAST majority of law enforcement are in the field to actually help others and make the world a better place. Are there bad apples? Yes. There are bad apples in every walk of life.

What this really is about are a group of people who do not want to adhere to what you liberals would call 'norms'. To do that is to be acting 'white'. This is simply unacceptable. Until it is realized that defiance, violence, exploitation, and misogyny are not normal everyday behaviors we will never solve this because that is what the cops have to deal with everyday in protecting these streets. That is the root of why these idiots resist when confronted and the fact cops deal with this everyday, it is a miracle that they are not killing even more people.

T
:goodposting: And as long as that piece of garbage in the White House doesn't come out guns blazing at this bull####, they'll think what they're doing is ok.

Riddle me this BLM supporters, if the BLM protestors are really about saving black lives and not about being anti-cop, then why did they just shout down and heckle Washington DC's mayor when she introduced a concrete plan to save black lives?

DC, like many cities, has seen a humongous spike in homicide which just so happens to coincide with the BLM movement. DC has seen a 45% increase in homicide this year, 95% of which is in DC's nearly all black Ward 8. Based on the skyrocketing murders of and by black people, Mayor Bowser introduced a plan to put more police in the streets to reduce the murders. This is what happened...

Black Lives Matter boos Washington mayor's anti-crime plans

WASHINGTON (AP) — The boos began as soon as Washington's mayor said she was putting more police officers on the streets in neighborhoods affected by violent crime. They didn't let up for the next 18 minutes as Democrat Muriel Bowser laid out her plans to address an increase in homicides in the nation's capital.

Bowser was repeatedly heckled and interrupted by a few dozen protesters affiliated with the Black Lives Matter movement during her address Thursday inside the sweltering gymnasium of a long-shuttered school in southeast Washington.

Shouting "Jobs, not jails!" and "More police is not the answer!," the protesters accused the mayor of failing to address the root causes of violence and advocating for policies that would do more harm than good.

Bowser, who is black, said she wanted "to make 'Black Lives Matter' more than just a hashtag.'" The hecklers said they didn't believe her.

"I think she doesn't really care. From the beginning, the mayor has been completely aloof from the broader conversation that the Black Lives Matter movement is driving," said Eugene Puryear, a protest organizer. "At the end of the day, tougher penalties and more cops, which have only been proven to have a negative effect, are something that she's going to continue to support."

There have been 103 slayings in the District of Columbia this year, a 43 percent increase over this point last year and just two fewer than in all of 2014. The increase in violent crime has represented the first real crisis for Bowser, who took office in January and pledged a "fresh start" for the city after her predecessor was dogged by campaign-related scandals.

Police officers are already working overtime in neighborhoods where violence has been most prevalent. Most of Bowser's other proposals will require D.C. Council approval and take at least months to implement.

Among her legislative goals is to authorize warrantless searches of violent offenders released on parole or probation to look for illegal guns. The protesters argued those searches would put innocent people at risk.

The mayor's supporters stood and applauded to try to drown out the hecklers, and her staff attempted to restore order. No one was arrested or escorted from the building, and the mayor mostly ignored the shouts and forged ahead with her speech.

"I will not be shouted down or scared away when it comes to the safety of the District of Columbia," Bowser said.

Afterward, the mayor said she agreed with the protesters more than they were willing to acknowledge.

"I don't come across any citizen of this city, any Washingtonian, that says it's OK to commit murder," she said. "I don't come across anybody that says repeat violent offenders should have access to guns."

She and Police Commissioner Cathy Lanier also said many community members have been asking for more officers on the streets.

Outside the school, which Bowser said would be converted into a temporary community center offering city services, was a collection of stuffed animals and empty liquor bottles marking the spot where 18-year-old Shaun Simmons was fatally shot on Aug. 1. His mother, Shantee Simmons, said she agreed with the mayor's approach. A friend, Robin McKinney, said the protesters were rude.

"None of them came to support her when her son died," said McKinney, who is black. "None of that 'Black Lives Matter' came and supported her."

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/black-lives-matter-boos-washington-mayors-anti-crime-plans-0
Because they don't want real answers. They just want to ##### and moan and have a reason to blame others for their self made problems. Why are blacks the lowest in education? Why are they jailed disproportionately? Why do the have the highest rate of children born out of wedlock? ..Why can't the majority of the fathers of these kids do their ####### job?

I hope these 3 guys aren't black:

A community an hour north of Chicago was on lockdown and a massive manhunt for three armed and dangerous suspects was underway after a police officer was shot Tuesday morning.

Helicopters were circling above Fox Lake, Ill., and every law enforcement agency from the area, along with a regional SWAT team and K-9 units were hunting for as many as three suspects after the police officer was shot around 8 a.m. local time. The condition of the unidentified officer was not clear, as Lake County Sheriff's Det. Chris Covelli referred to him as "injured" although multiple media reports said the officer had died from his injuries.

The area being searched by police, in the northeastern portion of the state, was described as wooded and rural. The three suspects who were involved in a traffic stop with the officer earlier Tuesday. Two male suspects are white and one is black, according to Covelli.

The shooting began when the officer stopped a car with "three suspicious subjects" at 7:52 a.m. By the time a backup officer had arrived on the scene, the police officer had already been shot.

Pepper spray was used at some point during the encounter near Rollins Road and Route 159, according to CBS Chicago, which cited sources.

K-9 units, helicopters and armored trucks were involved as police searched for the suspects, all of whom remained at large Tuesday afternoon.

Tuesday's incident comes on the heels of a rise in shootings of law enforcement officers. In the most recent case before Tuesday, a Texas deputy was gunned down at a gas station on Friday.

“As information continues to come in about the shooting of another police officer in the line of duty in Fox Lake, I hope we can all remain calm and pray for the officer’s family and the other officers in harms-way right now," State Rep. Barbara Wheeler said in a statement. "Eleven police officers have needlessly lost their lives since Aug. 20th alone in America because of shootings and sadly our communities have been directly impacted today.”

Grant Community High School in Fox Lake was on lockdown while the search was underway.

“A police matter is occurring in the community and for the safety of our students and staff, they have requested we remain locked down,” a statement from the school said, according to Fox32.

Fox Lake is a popular resort area surrounded by numerous lakes about 52 miles northwest of Chicago.

So conservatives want to kill the messengers instead of the message, and progressives want to kill the message (at least the part about killing cops).

http://www.vox.com/2015/9/1/9239643/black-lives-matter-fox-news

There's nothing linking Black Lives Matter to a Texas cop's death. Fox News did it anyway.

[...]

Black Lives Matter has nothing to do with killing police officers

The goals and message of Black Lives Matter have nothing to do with harming police officers in any way. The movement is explicitly concerned with reducing the racial disparities found in the criminal justice system. None of its leaders have advocated for killing cops.

It's entirely possible to simultaneously want to reduce police shootings and want to keep police officers safe. Black Lives Matter activists have proposed at least 10 policies that aim to hold law enforcement accountable without putting them in harm's way, ranging from ending aggressive low-level policing and instituting better police training to limiting standards for use of force and equipping cops with body cameras.

Currently, there is also absolutely no established connection between the Black Lives Matter movement and the Harris County deputy's death. But that didn't stop local officials from drawing a link. Consider the following facts from CBS News's report:

1 - In a nationally televised press conference, local officials repeatedly suggested that the Black Lives Matter movement was fostering hatred toward the police and caused the shooting. Sheriff Hickman, for instance, said anti-police rhetoric was "out of control" while referencing Black Lives Matter.

2 - Investigators have no information about a motive, according to the sheriff.

These facts are inherently contradictory. If there's no information about the motive, how can officials make any connection between the shooting and any movement, whether it's Black Lives Matter or something else? It's just blind speculation at this point.

But Fox News went with the narrative. A Fox & Friends segment suggested Black Lives Matter is a "hate group" and a "'murder' movement" because some protesters in Minnesota briefly chanted "pigs in a blanket" during a march after the Texas deputy's death. (A local Black Lives Matter organizer later said the chant lasted for 30 seconds, and that the movement doesn't advocate for anti-police violence.)

Good post

T
I was just talking about the "act like MLK!" bit, not the general point. It's wrong to suggest he would have opposed the actions of BLM or more vocal and confrontational protests in general- he faulted the policies that gave rise to those passions rather than those who had them. And it's disingenuous for conservatives to cite to him when they oppose virtually everything he stood for- expanded public housing and other integration measures, expansion of the welfare state, increased funding to schools, significant protections for voting rights, etc. It's basically saying "act like this guy whose ideas and values we have rejected for decades so we can ignore you too!"

"Conservatives want to kill the messengers of Black Lives Matter instead of addressing the message"

And don't think for one moment that King didn't intentionally use the word "kill" in that title to plant in the head of the zealots who read the Daily Kos the idea of Conservatives killing BLM messengers. King could have used quash, stifle, suppress, or any number of words is that vain, but he knew exactly what he was doing. Shameful and pathetic.
"Kill the messenger" is a rather common metaphor, I don't ever recall anyone say the following in its place:

"Quash the messenger"

"Stifle the messenger"

"Suppress the messenger"

http://www.vox.com/2015/9/1/9239643/black-lives-matter-fox-news
There's nothing linking Black Lives Matter to a Texas cop's death. Fox News did it anyway.

[...]

Black Lives Matter has nothing to do with killing police officers

The goals and message of Black Lives Matter have nothing to do with harming police officers in any way. The movement is explicitly concerned with reducing the racial disparities found in the criminal justice system. None of its leaders have advocated for killing cops.

It's entirely possible to simultaneously want to reduce police shootings and want to keep police officers safe. Black Lives Matter activists have proposed at least 10 policies that aim to hold law enforcement accountable without putting them in harm's way, ranging from ending aggressive low-level policing and instituting better police training to limiting standards for use of force and equipping cops with body cameras.

Currently, there is also absolutely no established connection between the Black Lives Matter movement and the Harris County deputy's death. But that didn't stop local officials from drawing a link. Consider the following facts from CBS News's report:

1 - In a nationally televised press conference, local officials repeatedly suggested that the Black Lives Matter movement was fostering hatred toward the police and caused the shooting. Sheriff Hickman, for instance, said anti-police rhetoric was "out of control" while referencing Black Lives Matter.

2 - Investigators have no information about a motive, according to the sheriff.

These facts are inherently contradictory. If there's no information about the motive, how can officials make any connection between the shooting and any movement, whether it's Black Lives Matter or something else? It's just blind speculation at this point.

But Fox News went with the narrative. A Fox & Friends segment suggested Black Lives Matter is a "hate group" and a "'murder' movement" because some protesters in Minnesota briefly chanted "pigs in a blanket" during a march after the Texas deputy's death. (A local Black Lives Matter organizer later said the chant lasted for 30 seconds, and that the movement doesn't advocate for anti-police violence.)
You're right there. Only a few more posts and you might convince someone.

Good post

T
I was just talking about the "act like MLK!" bit, not the general point. It's wrong to suggest he would have opposed the actions of BLM or more vocal and confrontational protests in general- he faulted the policies that gave rise to those passions rather than those who had them. And it's disingenuous for conservatives to cite to him when they oppose virtually everything he stood for- expanded public housing and other integration measures, expansion of the welfare state, increased funding to schools, significant protections for voting rights, etc. It's basically saying "act like this guy whose ideas and values we have rejected for decades so we can ignore you too!"
I am pretty conservative and don't really oppose many of those things, with the exception of having an id to vote (I would mandate that everyone have a state id and get it for free). I teach in a totally urban and integrated school. My class is 20% African American, 24% Hispanic of some sort, 20% Asian/Indian and 40% White/European style. There really are not many problems in terms of integration of students and families, and the kids are driven from all parts of the city to get to school. By the way, the reason we have a school like this is 'school choice', a concept that most hardcore liberals hate. In fact, most public schools in my city are completely segregated. All the whites are in the burbs or in the magnet schools with the Asian Indians, the blacks are all on the north side with the Hmongs, The Hispanics are all on the south side with the Vietnamese/poor Chinese.

I think it is disingenuous to label these issues as purely conservative since we all know rich liberals go bat - sh%t crazy when anyone expects them to follow any of the ideas they propose. There is already a ton of integration going on in white 'conservative' rural communities. A prime example would be Green Bay Wisconsin and all the surrounding communities; HUD has been resettling all kinds of minorities for many years now. Many folks assume an area like Green Bay is lily white, but in reality its not. 14 years ago it was 85% white and now it is 75% white and getting more integrated every day.

We all know what would happen if HUD started to ship some of these people into uber-lib Mark Zuckerburg's neighborhood. He would not stand for it. Why would he? His own company employs very, very few minorities! This is why I have such little respect for nominal liberals. They talk a big game but do nothing to back it up. A bunch of liars and cheats. I respect true believers who actually work and live in the communities that they claim to stand up for.

"Pigs in a blanketfry 'em like bacon" Hours after a cop was shot and murdered for no reason. Way to class it up.
Cherry picking a 30 second chant in an otherwise peaceful march that lasted 4 hours.Way to class if up.
Yeah, because the rest of it was thoughtful discourse, Kumbaya and hugs.
Link to the rest of it being like the 30 second chant selectively taken out of a 4 hour period that people are pointing as being representative of the entire march.
What did they actually mean by that chant if everyone is getting it wrong and cherry picking? Were they just hungry and trying to get pigs in a blanket and bacon delivery?
Straw Man. I didn't say everyone is getting it wrong. It was a horrible reprehensible chant. But that was only 30 seconds out of 4 hours and that is the cherry picking (and if you have a link that proves otherwise, please provide it).
What was the point of your first response? I'm unsure. I think he was saying how horrible it was to be saying such terrible things and you wander by and start pissing out of your mouth about it being a "peaceful" march.
The marchers should be commended for peacefully calling for cops to fry.

CBS2/KCAL9’s Dave Bryan spoke to the group’s organizer, Melina Abdullah, at Cal State L.A., where she is also the chair of the Pan-African Studies Department.

Bryan asked: “What some of the folks are saying is: I agree with you on the issues, and I want action too. But the tactics are now distracting from the issues.”

“These kind of polite tactics that they’re advocating, we’ve been doing those for two years. Every day that we spend engaging in polite conversation, we run the risk of someone else being killed by the police,” said Abdullah.

Among those who criticized the tactics was L.A. County Supervisor Mark Ridley-Thomas.

“The questions that were raised are obviously important. The manner in which they were raised, in my view, leaves a lot to be desired,” Ridley-Thomas said on Tuesday.

The pastor of the Holman United Methodist Church in South L.A, where the meeting was held, posted a response on Facebook to the Black Lives Matter protesters:

“To the members of BLM-LA and allies who cussed at me in the sanctuary on Monday night during the town hall, I have forgiven you. Because the lives of black people matter, your disrespect and verbal violence will not be a weapon of mass distraction to our resolve.”

The demands of Black Lives Matter include firing Los Angeles Police Chief Charlie Beck, making the police commission more transparent and paying reparations for victims of police violence.

Abdullah said: “Sometimes when we’re seeking change. The tactics have to be varied. It can’t be asking any more. We’ve written letters. We’ve given the mayor our agenda, and he’s refused it. So if that doesn’t work, then how do we elevate that platform? How do we say Black Lives Matter in a substantive way?”

Congrats to their female black mayor for not over reacting.

Farrell Mayor Olive McKeithan, who is black, stood up for Burke’s character.

“Until you get to know a man’s character, you can’t judge him by one off-the-cuff remark, or else we would have to judge all white people as equally guilty,” McKeithanremarked to WKBN. “I have spoken with Mr. Burke and consider the matter as closed.”

http://www.startribune.com/several-people-were-shot-near-black-lives-matter-protest-site/353121881/

Five protesters were shot late Monday night near the Black Lives Matter encampment at the Fourth Precinct police station in north Minneapolis, according to police.

Those who were shot sustained non-life-threatening injuries, said police spokesman John Elder in a statement.

Miski Noor, a media contact for Black Lives Matter, said “a group of white supremacists showed up at the protest, as they have done most nights.”

One of the three counterdemonstrators wore a mask, said Dana Jaehnert, who had been at the protest site since early evening.

When about a dozen protesters attempted to herd the group away from the area, Noor said, they “opened fire on about six protesters,” hitting five of them. Jaehnert said she heard four gunshots.

http://www.startribune.com/several-people-were-shot-near-black-lives-matter-protest-site/353121881/

Five protesters were shot late Monday night near the Black Lives Matter encampment at the Fourth Precinct police station in north Minneapolis, according to police.

Those who were shot sustained non-life-threatening injuries, said police spokesman John Elder in a statement.

Miski Noor, a media contact for Black Lives Matter, said “a group of white supremacists showed up at the protest, as they have done most nights.”

One of the three counterdemonstrators wore a mask, said Dana Jaehnert, who had been at the protest site since early evening.

When about a dozen protesters attempted to herd the group away from the area, Noor said, they “opened fire on about six protesters,” hitting five of them. Jaehnert said she heard four gunshots.
The lack of coverage/social media attention for this story is weird, no? Especially since the FFA is under the impression that the mainstream media is pushing a race war or black victim agenda. And yet ...

The lack of coverage/social media attention for this story is weird, no? Especially since the FFA is under the impression that the mainstream media is pushing a race war or black victim agenda. And yet ...
It is a "Strage" scene.. Top story here in Minnesota.. Then you read this:

Police have arrested two of the three white men they have been seeking in connection with a shooting at the Black Lives Matter encampment Monday night.

Minneapolis police said they arrested a 23-year-old suspect in Bloomington at 11:20 a.m. Tuesday. A second shooting suspect, a 32-year-old Hispanic man, was arrested in south Minneapolis at 12:05 p.m., police said on Twitter. The search for a third suspect continues.
So now Hispanic's are white when it fits the story :confused:

Police have arrested two of the three white men they have been seeking in connection with a shooting at the Black Lives Matter encampment Monday night.

Minneapolis police said they arrested a 23-year-old suspect in Bloomington at 11:20 a.m. Tuesday. A second shooting suspect, a 32-year-old Hispanic man, was arrested in south Minneapolis at 12:05 p.m., police said on Twitter. The search for a third suspect continues.
Maybe the Hispanic guy wore the mask

Miski Noor, a media contact for Black Lives Matter, said a group of white supremacists showed up at the protest, as they have done most nights.

When about a dozen protesters attempted to herd the group away from the area, Noor said, they opened fire on about six protesters, hitting five of them. Jaehnert said she heard four gunshots.

Maybe the Hispanic guy wore the mask
White face.

OK.. so.. I don't want to link directly to the youtube video due to profanity.. But..

Read the comments on the "video of suspect" story on this facebook page..

YouTube video has the Protesters themselves say they attacked the 3 men.. punching them a couple of times and chasing them when shots rang out.. :oldunsure:
I have a hard time believing that the people who were shot were on that video.
:mellow: Those in the video stated they were telling people to stop following the 3 men as they had guns.. So they were part of the initial "attack" and then stayed back from chasing them.. and then heard the shots..

try to keep up ;)

Users who are viewing this thread