What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Black Lives Matter- but so do all lives (1 Viewer)

I don't really know what the "Black Lives Matter" movement stands for -- whether it's mostly reasonable, mostly stupid, or what. I'd have to Google it to figure that out, which I don't feel like doing.

But I don't have to Google anything to realize how stupid the "All Lives Matter" response is. It's just pedantic trivia.

"Black lives matter."

"ALL lives matter!"

"Squirrels are mammals."

"ALL rodents are mammals!"

"Kristin Cavallari lives in Illinois."

"ALL Chicago residents live in Illinois!"

"My neighbor wrote a book."

"ALL authors write books!"

Actually, this could be decent shtick...

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't really know what the "Black Lives Matter" movement stands for -- whether it's mostly reasonable, mostly stupid, or whatever. I'd have to Google it to figure that out, which I don't feel like doing.

But I don't have to Google anything to realize how stupid the "All Lives Matter" response is. It's just pedantic trivia.

"Black lives matter."

"ALL lives matter!"

"Squirrels are mammals."

ALL shtick could be decent shtick...

I don't really know what the "Black Lives Matter" movement stands for -- whether it's mostly reasonable, mostly stupid, or whatever. I'd have to Google it to figure that out, which I don't feel like doing.

"Black lives matter."

"ALL lives matter!"

"Squirrels are mammals."

I know this one!

All poodles are dogs.

Fifi is a poodle.

Therefore Fifi is a dog.

I think you all have this wrong. No lives matter. But they don't matter equally. They are what they are, and then are not. A something that becomes nothing is, in the end, nothing at all. Except what it was. Or is. But again, it is, nothing. So what matters what it may have once been.

/ Existentialist Party.

Not every member of an organization is going to be a saint, especially one formed by many with a lower socioeconomic status. 
While that may be true, this guy seemed to be a leader. Using socioeconomic status in regards to pimping out a child is ridiculous. 

I don't really know what the "Black Lives Matter" movement stands for -- whether it's mostly reasonable, mostly stupid, or what. I'd have to Google it to figure that out, which I don't feel like doing.

The response was to be expected when someone names an organization "Black Lives Matter".  If the goal of your organization is to ensure equal treatment of "all" people then the name from the beginning should have been "All Lives Matter".  Call pedantic, but words matter when you are trying to build support for your cause.  For example, I believe the Rainbow Panther Party would have been much more successful than the Black Panther Party.

How about "All Lives Matter, But Black Lives Seem Particularly Susceptible To Being Ended Prematurely By Law Enforcement, So Let's Just Focus On That For A Little While"? Catchy?

Users who are viewing this thread