What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Boats - a thread about them (1 Viewer)

Alright...I'm still looking for a season ending deal and this one popped up in my area.  Its a craigslist ad so I get hesitant right off the bat.  Its a smaller boat, only rated for 11 people.  

https://jackson.craigslist.org/boa/d/vicksburg-mastercraft-x2/7175274407.html

I've been talking to the owner and shes's sent me a bunch of other photos.  It looks really nice.  In great shape.  Anyone have much experience with these?   I have super limied knowledge, but I do know Mastercraft is a great boat.  

Alright...I'm still looking for a season ending deal and this one popped up in my area.  Its a craigslist ad so I get hesitant right off the bat.  Its a smaller boat, only rated for 11 people.  

I've been talking to the owner and shes's sent me a bunch of other photos.  It looks really nice.  In great shape.  Anyone have much experience with these?   I have super limied knowledge, but I do know Mastercraft is a great boat.  
Good luck getting 11 people on that thing. 

I second Wilked's opinion. It is a 20' boat with an 8' beam. I think 5-6 is going to be the comfortable limit.

I have never researched, nor owned a wakeboard or any inboard gasoline boat, however not having experience does not stop people on the internet!

Things you would want to check:

Trailer wiring

Trailer tires

Trailer hubs

leaf springs

Make sure they have the trailer registered in their name

Boat:

Wiring - is it a mess?

Battery age

Radio - speakers, does everything work?

Bilge pump - does it work?

Ballast pump

Lights

Any dings on the boat

Maintenance history

Which model engine does the boat have and are their any expensive maintenance items due, ie timing belt.

I only have ever owned/researched outboards and when i am fantasizing, twin diesel express boats. Do wakeboard boats have a transmissions? bellows? outdrive?  etc? that need maintained. You may want to find out the model of those types of parts and research the maintenance schedule on them.

The boat can be in great shape, but if you need to get new trailer tires, new batteries, and fix a couple switches you are easily in the 2k territory for a repair. Which is not a big deal, but this can be used for negotiation.

Last edited by a moderator:

Think it was a scam.  IT just had the one photo on craigslist which always tips me off, but when I replied I got an email back from a legit looking Gmail account with a bunch of nice photos.  

I told her I wanted to come check it out this weekend and I get this schpill how this lady is a widow and she's already given the boat to a shipping company in Georgia.  Its ready to go and can be at my house in 3-4 days yada yada yada.  

Seemed like an excellent price, but I need to just wait until next year.  Apologies for bogging the thread down 

Think it was a scam.  IT just had the one photo on craigslist which always tips me off, but when I replied I got an email back from a legit looking Gmail account with a bunch of nice photos.  

I told her I wanted to come check it out this weekend and I get this schpill how this lady is a widow and she's already given the boat to a shipping company in Georgia.  Its ready to go and can be at my house in 3-4 days yada yada yada.  

Seemed like an excellent price, but I need to just wait until next year.  Apologies for bogging the thread down 

That sucks. I have bought multiple boats on craigslist, but there are alot of (obvious) scams.

Tell her to send it, and that in 3-4 days when it arrives, you will look it over and decide weather to pay her or not.

You guys have any thoughts on this one?  2006 Super Air Nautique

I sweat it seems high for a 15 year old boat.  I'm guessing this is still the Covid pricing impact?   I know thats one of the nicer brands out there.  

Do you need a "surfgate" to have a surfable wave?  I've seen them on the newer boats, but then I saw on Amazon you can buy a piece for about $300 that you can attach to the side of your boat that does the same thing.  

I'm really starting to like the Axis Boats.  The A22 looks ideal for us.   Anyone have any opinions on those?

I sweat it seems high for a 15 year old boat.  I'm guessing this is still the Covid pricing impact?   I know thats one of the nicer brands out there.  

Do you need a "surfgate" to have a surfable wave?  I've seen them on the newer boats, but then I saw on Amazon you can buy a piece for about $300 that you can attach to the side of your boat that does the same thing.  

I'm really starting to like the Axis Boats.  The A22 looks ideal for us.   Anyone have any opinions on those?
I'm not an expert on these boats, but that looks pricey.  What are those new?  Seems a lot for 15 yr old boat

Wake board boats cost more than offshore fishing boats. That price is crazy.

I am unsure what maintenance you would be facing on a 15-20 year old wakeboard boat. Do the stringers last? I would imagine the ballast really beats them up good.

I also expect the boat market to tank at any time, although my ability to predict the future is worse than an 8-ball.

I'm not an expert on these boats, but that looks pricey.  What are those new?  Seems a lot for 15 yr old boat
Looking at the website they make a 210 and 230 now, not sure all of the differences, but new its $115k!  

I still want to keep the budget at $40k or less.  I'm hoping by next April my budget will have increased and the prices will come down a bit.   I knew nothing about these boats 10 years ago, but I think "back then" new boats were like $60k for something nice.  New now starts at $100k.   At thats just insane.  

Below is the boat I am going to look at this weekend. Although the Seller informed me last night that they cannot find the trailer registration. Which is a red flag in my book. There are other red flags in the ad, but i will still take a look.

These are a popular boat to fix up and there is an entire forum dedicated to restoring them. Bass Pro Shop bought Mako in 1997 and they have been crap since then, but the older ones are tanks.

The 261 model has a 200 gallon fuel capacity, and if i could get it for 10k, i could spend some money gutting it and rebuilding.

I have also had the Evinrude ocean runners on a previous boat, they are thirsty, loud, smokey, and drink oil and fuel like crazy, but i can work on them. I would trust them to run me offshore for a season while i saved money to do a total rebuild.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/356660965717748

I promise I tried to format this wall of text to make it readable.

I am getting a quote on a new boat tomorrow, i may have convinced the wife to upgrade the budget to afford new. Which of course makes this like Christmas eve for me, which is why i am up at midnight  now closer to 1 am on a work night. This post took a while to type as i am convincing myself as much as anyone.

I am getting a quote on both a 33 and a 29 foot panga. The below picture is the 33. I would get the boat without the t-top, pretty gelcoat, but with a trolling motor i think i can come in somewhere in the 60-70 range brand new with twins and possibly less with the 29. I want to see what the quote is on both the 29 and 33 to compare.

https://www.facebook.com/pangaboat/posts/1096948343720761

The owner was awesome and I am waiting for him to get the quote back to me. He seemed very flexible and i could even provide my own parts and complete the majority of the finish work myself. I want him to get back quickly as i am interested in the used console/t-top. Outfitting part of the boat with used parts would greatly reduce cost. Another cost reducer is the wiring, I would love to wire the boat as i do not think most people do a good job. Although I saw a picture of their wiring and it looks pretty good.

Panga style boats have a very long list of both pros and cons. There is a reason you do not see them too much in America.

Cons:

• Narrow beam which causes more rocking motion when drifting
  • Extremely limited seating
  • no livewell
  • no in deck fish storage
  • Possibly no t-top initially
  • not the fastest boat
  • Maybe no leaning post/seat initially
  • low gunnel height (and my son turns 4 shortly, higher gunnels would be nice)
  • No flotation(I like boston whaler, mckee, cape horn, sea hunt, etc where if it is swamped it still floats)
  • difficult to mount a trolling motor
  • would be expensive to store in a place that does price per foot, a wider shorter boat would be better
Pros:(there is a reason this design is used by much of the commercial fisherman in developing countries)

• 3-4 mpg with twins

ridiculous, my last offshore boat averaged 1.1 mpg
  • This is like comparing a 3/4 pickup truck to a Prius. 3-4 times better fuel economy.

[*]initial purchase price, used 15 year old boats are similarly priced at this point.

[*]Durable

[*]Gets skinny, which is good for wintertime fishing when i cannot run offshore

My goal is to fish:

• 110 miles offshore 1-2 times a year for yellowfin tuna.
  • 80-90 miles offshore 1-3 times a year for swords, tilefish, deep grouper, etc.
  • 30-60 miles offshore 4-5 times a year for mahi mahi, snapper, blackfin tuna.
  • 3-10 miles offshore 6-8 times a year for Cobia, King Mackerel, small state water snapper, etc with my kids on some trips
  • inshore 5-10 times a year for trout, redfish, flounder, sheepshead, black drum, etc with my kids on some trips

Trying to find a boat that does all of that on a tight budget is difficult.

Although 95% of my fishing will be 30-50 miles offshore, nearshore, or inshore. But i think it is doable. These boats handle the chop and get ridiculous fuel economy, there is a reason every commercial fisherman in the developing world uses this style of boat for offshore purposes.

edit:

@Ron Swanson

Although my guess is you would have read my post eventually.

I promise I tried to format this wall of text to make it readable.

I am getting a quote on a new boat tomorrow, i may have convinced the wife to upgrade the budget to afford new. Which of course makes this like Christmas eve for me, which is why i am up at midnight  now closer to 1 am on a work night. This post took a while to type as i am convincing myself as much as anyone.

I am getting a quote on both a 33 and a 29 foot panga. The below picture is the 33. I would get the boat without the t-top, pretty gelcoat, but with a trolling motor i think i can come in somewhere in the 60-70 range brand new with twins and possibly less with the 29. I want to see what the quote is on both the 29 and 33 to compare.

https://www.facebook.com/pangaboat/posts/1096948343720761

The owner was awesome and I am waiting for him to get the quote back to me. He seemed very flexible and i could even provide my own parts and complete the majority of the finish work myself. I want him to get back quickly as i am interested in the used console/t-top. Outfitting part of the boat with used parts would greatly reduce cost. Another cost reducer is the wiring, I would love to wire the boat as i do not think most people do a good job. Although I saw a picture of their wiring and it looks pretty good.

Panga style boats have a very long list of both pros and cons. There is a reason you do not see them too much in America.

Cons:

• Narrow beam which causes more rocking motion when drifting
  • Extremely limited seating
  • no livewell
  • no in deck fish storage
  • Possibly no t-top initially
  • not the fastest boat
  • Maybe no leaning post/seat initially
  • low gunnel height (and my son turns 4 shortly, higher gunnels would be nice)
  • No flotation(I like boston whaler, mckee, cape horn, sea hunt, etc where if it is swamped it still floats)
  • difficult to mount a trolling motor
  • would be expensive to store in a place that does price per foot, a wider shorter boat would be better
Pros:(there is a reason this design is used by much of the commercial fisherman in developing countries)

• 3-4 mpg with twins

ridiculous, my last offshore boat averaged 1.1 mpg
  • This is like comparing a 3/4 pickup truck to a Prius. 3-4 times better fuel economy.

[*]initial purchase price, used 15 year old boats are similarly priced at this point.

[*]Durable

[*]Gets skinny, which is good for wintertime fishing when i cannot run offshore

My goal is to fish:

• 110 miles offshore 1-2 times a year for yellowfin tuna.
  • 80-90 miles offshore 1-3 times a year for swords, tilefish, deep grouper, etc.
  • 30-60 miles offshore 4-5 times a year for mahi mahi, snapper, blackfin tuna.
  • 3-10 miles offshore 6-8 times a year for Cobia, King Mackerel, small state water snapper, etc with my kids on some trips
  • inshore 5-10 times a year for trout, redfish, flounder, sheepshead, black drum, etc with my kids on some trips

Trying to find a boat that does all of that on a tight budget is difficult.

Although 95% of my fishing will be 30-50 miles offshore, nearshore, or inshore. But i think it is doable. These boats handle the chop and get ridiculous fuel economy, there is a reason every commercial fisherman in the developing world uses this style of boat for offshore purposes.

edit:

@Ron Swanson

Although my guess is you would have read my post eventually.
I have fished on Pangas a couple times down in Central America, although not very far offshore.  I think they are very compelling and might even consider one for my next inshore boat.  The skinny water capability is huge for me part of the year. The size/storage downside can be mitigated with coolers and fewer people. A 25/26' with center console, a couple coolers, and 4 people is very fishable although you don't have the freedom of movement of a traditional CC.  Economically both to operate and acquire they might be the only value in boating right now... 

No positive flotation does give me pause for frequent offshore work, BUT in warm water that too can be mitigated with other safety gear. 

I have fished on Pangas a couple times down in Central America, although not very far offshore.  I think they are very compelling and might even consider one for my next inshore boat.  The skinny water capability is huge for me part of the year. The size/storage downside can be mitigated with coolers and fewer people. A 25/26' with center console, a couple coolers, and 4 people is very fishable although you don't have the freedom of movement of a traditional CC.  Economically both to operate and acquire they might be the only value in boating right now... 

No positive flotation does give me pause for frequent offshore work, BUT in warm water that too can be mitigated with other safety gear. 
Not all of the offshore boats have flotation, for example Fountains are not foam filled. But yes, I would much rather have a foam filled boat.

I think the smallest I would consider on a Panga is the 29 and those are 8 feet wide. A contender 25 is only 8'6", so you do not lose much in width, but you gain a ton in length, due to the transom design of a panga verse traditional offshore boat. There should be just as much freedom of movement if not more on a 29 panga as any of the other boats in my price range.

I am still waiting on that quote. I keep checking my email, but they have not gotten back to me yet. All boat builders and mechanics in the country have too much work right now, soi will need to be patient.

Not all of the offshore boats have flotation, for example Fountains are not foam filled. But yes, I would much rather have a foam filled boat.

I think the smallest I would consider on a Panga is the 29 and those are 8 feet wide. A contender 25 is only 8'6", so you do not lose much in width, but you gain a ton in length, due to the transom design of a panga verse traditional offshore boat. There should be just as much freedom of movement if not more on a 29 panga as any of the other boats in my price range.

I am still waiting on that quote. I keep checking my email, but they have not gotten back to me yet. All boat builders and mechanics in the country have too much work right now, soi will need to be patient.
Did you see the Panga auction over in Tampa that was posted on THT? I didn't look very closely at it but it looked like one of the builders went under and they auctioned a bunch of half built boats and molds last week.

I have a feeling the market will be flooded with used boats in a few years
Fingers crossed that is happened this summer.  

I still look at onlyinboards.com and a ton of boats haven't moved in a while.  Obviously, its winter, but that might be a good sign for the buyers out there, like me. 

Did you see the Panga auction over in Tampa that was posted on THT? I didn't look very closely at it but it looked like one of the builders went under and they auctioned a bunch of half built boats and molds last week.
I did see that auction, however you had to be there in person. There were a few boats I would have been interested in. 

I have a feeling the market will be flooded with used boats in a few years
This feels like a certainty.  There is no doubt that many of these boats are being purchased by those who really can't afford them and they are financed for 20+ years. For a depreciating asset!  It's nuts. And the manufacturers keep chugging along making hay while the sun shines.  I saw the boat industry in 2008-2015ish.  It's gonna be ugly again.

This feels like a certainty.  There is no doubt that many of these boats are being purchased by those who really can't afford them and they are financed for 20+ years. For a depreciating asset!  It's nuts. And the manufacturers keep chugging along making hay while the sun shines.  I saw the boat industry in 2008-2015ish.  It's gonna be ugly again.
My daughter turns 6 shortly and every time I go she asks if she can go. I do not want to wait a few years to get a boat because there is only a small window where she will want to go.

My daughter turns 6 shortly and every time I go she asks if she can go. I do not want to wait a few years to get a boat because there is only a small window where she will want to go.
From my comments in the other thread, this is my situation too.  Son is 6, LOVES fishing, but starting to love Minecraft more...Plus, my Dad turns 70 this year - This is the window.  

I did get the quote back and the price was a little higher than I would have liked and I am unsure what to do. After I get my tax return I may ask for a revised quote for a more unfinished boat. No console, no anchor locker, no storage, no motors, etc.

I can get a storage place near my house, I know how to glass, I can make some of that myself. But even then I think it would be 50,000 and I would not be done until the end of the year.

So close...
:D

I can't tell if you are being sarcastic. I would like that boat actually, I just need to rationalize not buying it.

I talked with my wife last week about buying a boat and i told her i was going to take my time and look for the perfect boat and not rush out and buy any boat.

I wish that boat would have been listed 2 months from now. Because unless it is a can't miss deal i cannot buy it right now.

:D

I can't tell if you are being sarcastic. I would like that boat actually, I just need to rationalize not buying it.

I talked with my wife last week about buying a boat and i told her i was going to take my time and look for the perfect boat and not rush out and buy any boat.

I wish that boat would have been listed 2 months from now. Because unless it is a can't miss deal i cannot buy it right now.
I was being serious, sounded like the cabin killed the deal, which I get.  Useless and a real negative in hot climates on fishing boats.

I was being serious, sounded like the cabin killed the deal, which I get.  Useless and a real negative in hot climates on fishing boats.
It sold in 1 day.

That was a smoking deal, hopefully a center console will come for sale similarly priced in a month.

So for a guy like me who is interested in a wake boat for under $50k...think this year is good?  Or better to wait again?  

I'm not all that familiar with the boat market.  

So for a guy like me who is interested in a wake boat for under $50k...think this year is good?  Or better to wait again?  

I'm not all that familiar with the boat market.  
I’m in the northeast and the local moomba dealer who I’ve purchased from in the past is sold out thru 2022.  There’s nothing on the used market, it’s crazy.

I’m in the northeast and the local moomba dealer who I’ve purchased from in the past is sold out thru 2022.  There’s nothing on the used market, it’s crazy.
Wow, that’s crazy. Almost makes me want to sell my Moomba, except that I would need to replace it. 

Wow, that’s crazy. Almost makes me want to sell my Moomba, except that I would need to replace it. 
Let me know if you do.   I still like the Moombas the best, along with any Axis boats.  Seems like a solid value with those brands.  

Any opinions on Robalo as a boat manufacturer/brand?  Still searching what is out there in terms of dual-console boats for use in the Chesapeake - They have two things that put them on my radar -

1) They have transparent pricing on their website - I can actually see what the MSRP is for a boat vs. having to call and fight solicitation for weeks after simply asking for a price.  

2) They are one of the few brands that I've found that offer a twin-engine on a smaller boat (24' in this case).  A lot of brands don't do that until you get to a 27' boat, which is much more $$.

Just pulled the trigger and put a deposit down on a Pursuit DC266 for delivery in June.  Went way above our initial price range (went in jointly with my Dad), but ultimately happy with the decision.  We ended up buying partially based on how well we liked the dealer.  15 minutes from where the boat will be docked, great service staff/department, and they indicated they would just go service/winterize at our place, and shrink-wrap right on the lift - nice to have a local place and a relationship there so we went that route.  They also sold Worldcats, which we gave a really hard look.  Ultimately didn't like the rear layout on the WC on the 255, and the Pursuit build quality felt better.  

Can certainly echo the heavy demand comment.  Our boat was the last allocation for a pretty major dealer for 2021.  He had one DC266 in the showroom that wasn't sold, and it sold the day after we visited.  Ultimately fine with the June delivery as it allowed us to customize our boat some, and it gets my parents some time to get moved into their place where it will ultimately dock.  

I'm excited for June...need to get some more fishing gear to handle some heavier action now that we're in striper territory!

Any suggestions on what wiring to use for trolling motors?

We have trolling motors hooked up to our fishing kayaks. Because the motors are near the the front and the battery packs in the rear of the kayak, we had to "connect" wires. We used the wiring from jumper cables as the extension (trolling motor wiring obviously wouldn't reach). One of the motors already died and when we unwrapped the wire connection area, the wires inside were pretty much powder.  What means this? 

Any suggestions on what wiring to use for trolling motors?

We have trolling motors hooked up to our fishing kayaks. Because the motors are near the the front and the battery packs in the rear of the kayak, we had to "connect" wires. We used the wiring from jumper cables as the extension (trolling motor wiring obviously wouldn't reach). One of the motors already died and when we unwrapped the wire connection area, the wires inside were pretty much powder.  What means this? 
You either need to use tinned marine grade wire or make sure the end of the wire is totally sealed at your connector with adhesive shrink tubing.  Otherwise, the strands of wire "wick" ooisture up deep inside the cable which causes the corrosion you saw.

https://smile.amazon.com/Ancor-Marine-Grade-Primary-Battery/dp/B000NV0DYE/ref=pd_lpo_200_t_0/141-3435583-9814309?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B000NUYGJI&pd_rd_r=b9d7ee0e-e66f-4b94-a25e-91399c571512&pd_rd_w=yid2D&pd_rd_wg=eIM8y&pf_rd_p=16b28406-aa34-451d-8a2e-b3930ada000c&pf_rd_r=KM4ZJMHKCZNS19SGR8JC&refRID=KM4ZJMHKCZNS19SGR8JC&th=1

I like these for trolling motor connectors.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CZ9G775/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Just pulled the trigger and put a deposit down on a Pursuit DC266 for delivery in June.  Went way above our initial price range (went in jointly with my Dad), but ultimately happy with the decision.  We ended up buying partially based on how well we liked the dealer.  15 minutes from where the boat will be docked, great service staff/department, and they indicated they would just go service/winterize at our place, and shrink-wrap right on the lift - nice to have a local place and a relationship there so we went that route.  They also sold Worldcats, which we gave a really hard look.  Ultimately didn't like the rear layout on the WC on the 255, and the Pursuit build quality felt better.  

Can certainly echo the heavy demand comment.  Our boat was the last allocation for a pretty major dealer for 2021.  He had one DC266 in the showroom that wasn't sold, and it sold the day after we visited.  Ultimately fine with the June delivery as it allowed us to customize our boat some, and it gets my parents some time to get moved into their place where it will ultimately dock.  

I'm excited for June...need to get some more fishing gear to handle some heavier action now that we're in striper territory!
Beautiful boat.  Love Pursuit.  

I'm starting to get cold feet about a wake boat.  Mainly the price is the hang up.  10-15 year old boats are still running $35k or higher.  

You guys can help me out here.  A guy like me...never owned a boat, don't know much about them and I really just want some good family time on the water.  A pontoon boat is a good option right?  We could still tube, wake board or ski maybe?  What sort of motor do you need to be sure you can still tow a little? 

Seems like I can easily find a pontoon around here for $25k or less.  I figure this route saves me some cash instantly and lets the whole family figure out if we really are boat people.  If we wear it out in 2-3 years and the kids take to the water sports I can upgrade then.  

I'm starting to get cold feet about a wake boat.  Mainly the price is the hang up.  10-15 year old boats are still running $35k or higher.  

You guys can help me out here.  A guy like me...never owned a boat, don't know much about them and I really just want some good family time on the water.  A pontoon boat is a good option right?  We could still tube, wake board or ski maybe?  What sort of motor do you need to be sure you can still tow a little? 

Seems like I can easily find a pontoon around here for $25k or less.  I figure this route saves me some cash instantly and lets the whole family figure out if we really are boat people.  If we wear it out in 2-3 years and the kids take to the water sports I can upgrade then.  
Pontoons are good for families due to the ample seating and space. They are generally not very nimble and not fun to to drive.  I had a 24' and it was like driving a barge.  Nothing was going to happen quickly and I had to really plan my moves in advance. Tritoons are way better in this regard and can actually be quite quick. 20-22 is probably the optimum family size and you can tube with a 115 or more.

jb1020 said:

We bought our first boat at the end of 2019.  A Hurricane deck boat.  Seating is like a pontoon, but has a modified V-hull.  Our first year last year went well.  Definitely a learning experience every time out.  We have friends with boats and they were a big help.

We bought our first boat at the end of 2019.  A Hurricane deck boat.  Seating is like a pontoon, but has a modified V-hull.  Our first year last year went well.  Definitely a learning experience every time out.  We have friends with boats and they were a big help.
I've never even heard of those.  Look nice from what I see so far.  We really do just want to cruise, do some tubing/skiing and hang out with some friends.  Maybe do some fishing from time to time?  

jb1020 said:

I'd consider a used wellcraft sportsman 220.   Put a wakeboard tower on it and you have a good beginner boat that you can fish, wakeboard or just cruise, plus you have a marine head for the fairer sex.   I bought one four years ago for $20,000, used it for two seasons and sold it for $20,000.    

I've never even heard of those.  Look nice from what I see so far.  We really do just want to cruise, do some tubing/skiing and hang out with some friends.  Maybe do some fishing from time to time?  
We have a fishing package with ours.  Live well, one fishing seat that goes up front.  Wired for trolling motor if needed.  We tube, wake board mostly though...

Man I ####ed up.

I sold my beautiful badass boat to upsize... same boat a little bigger (Nautique 210 to the 230).

I put my boat up for sale, got flooded with interest, held off until I could line up the boat I wanted.  Dealer in Houston was transferring to my dealer, I was lined up to buy it last weekend.

So I sold for full ask (more than I paid new last year)............................................

AND the HOUSTON DEALER ####### SOLD THE BOAT INSTEAD OF TRANSFERING TO SAN ANTONIO.

Now I don't have my awesome boat and I can't find the boat I want to buy.

So pissed. Wife is pissed.  Kids are pissed.  Son of a #####.

Man I ####ed up.

I sold my beautiful badass boat to upsize... same boat a little bigger (Nautique 210 to the 230).

I put my boat up for sale, got flooded with interest, held off until I could line up the boat I wanted.  Dealer in Houston was transferring to my dealer, I was lined up to buy it last weekend.

So I sold for full ask (more than I paid new last year)............................................

AND the HOUSTON DEALER ####### SOLD THE BOAT INSTEAD OF TRANSFERING TO SAN ANTONIO.

Now I don't have my awesome boat and I can't find the boat I want to buy.

So pissed. Wife is pissed.  Kids are pissed.  Son of a #####.
That sucks.  So bad.  I’d be livid. I just had my boat guy in Texas do a full tune up on my boat - we were chatting and he said it’s about a year wait for a new boat, and he has basically no consignment inventory. His showroom was completely empty. The market is just nuts. I’d consider selling mine but then I’d be without a boat for a year until I could replace it. So instead I’m putting some money into the stereo system (new amp and replacing one pair of tower speakers).  Figure that will tide me over for a few more years. 

You can definitely tube behind a pontoon boat. As for wakeboarding, it’s doable, but it’s generally more difficult and not as fun. 

Users who are viewing this thread