What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Brandon Marshall Suspension Reduced To 1 Game (1 Viewer)

Reinstating Pacman...

Cutting Marshall's suspension by 2/3...

Goodell's taking a Hell of a stance on character issues in the NFL today.

How about he cuts Chris Henry's suspension in 1/2 and go for the trifecta for the week.

Damn I would have grabbed him in my league if I knew he was going to miss 1. I was expecting 3 or 2 games to be missed. I would be suprised if he doesn't finish in the top ten in total points and ppg.

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET

I got him for $4 in our auction draft when WRs like Fitz, Colston were going for $17+

.5 ppr in our league

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET

I stood up and clapped when I read this thread title. My wife's cat doesn't know what to think. My team just got better. I only have to depend on Chad Johnson for 1 game now.

i got marshall in the 7th round. thanks nfl, that is love.

Last edited by a moderator:
3 games made no sense. You got Chris Henry getting 4 games (again) for a repeat of a repeat offender. Marshall, what did he even do? Has he been found to have broken any law? I don't even know.

3 games made no sense. You got Chris Henry getting 4 games (again) for a repeat of a repeat offender. Marshall, what did he even do? Has he been found to have broken any law? I don't even know.
I agree. I imagine the original conversation went like this:
Papa Goodell says:

"As long as you're living under my roof, you'll play by my rules."
:lmao:

Yes. I am so happy for my DENVER Broncos.

Now, if Car reduce S. Smith's to 1 game, I will be crying with joy.

If NFL can do it, you can do it CAR.

I knew the appeal was the right move...

If you read the Email Update I said that I thought he should let sleeping dogs lie and take his two games with counseling and be happy it wasn't more. Shows how much I know. :lmao:

J

i got marshall in the 7th round. thanks nfl, that is love.
how does a WR with 100 catches last year last until the 7th round in a draft (suspension or not)...unless you play in a 6 team league or something.I would like to see the WR's that went in front of him in that draft.

I knew the appeal was the right move...If you read the Email Update I said that I thought he should let sleeping dogs lie and take his two games with counseling and be happy it wasn't more. Shows how much I know. :thumbup:J
Hard to blame the advice. Goodall has been hard to read on these things. Sometimes he seems very strict and others not so much. I'm amazed that Henry's isn't longer.

Enough with the out of control celebrations and on to the only thing that matters (to me).

Where do we put him on the cheatsheet?

And what about Cutler?

Too much is being made about too little. The biggest impact IMO, is that his average draft position will go up now for those who haven't drafted (unless their league isn't paying attention).

The original suspension was only for three games and was probably only going to be two after counseling so the net effect is for us to be able to use him in one extra game in week two. Not a big impact since he was still going to be there for the fantasy playoffs.

I am curious to see how much this raises his projections since I never really considered him as being worthy of the low projections that I've seen. I smell a TO starter kit.

Edit to add:

Whoops, tap the brakes. We still need clarification on Marshall's pending DUI to see if this one game suspension covers the DUI sins as well or if Marshall is still a DUI strike away from a four game NFL substance abuse penalty.

:lmao:that being said, i am also curious about the court hearing he has coming up...
NOt really. As a DUI attorney TRUST ME. If you have bags of :blackdot: you can beat almost any DUI, because the foundations that DUi law is on are shaky at best at its core. NOt to mention the legal system is slow and cumbersome (and overcrwoded). Hell, any attorney worth their salt (and his is REALLY GOOD) would be able to delay any adjudication until the offseason. ALMOST CERTAINLY till week 15.

IMO a one game difference really shouldn't have affected his draft position much, if at all. I'm sure most people here are fairly solid FF players and are thus capable of putting together a solid enough team to weather the first two weeks without BMarsh - what really matters is what he does down the stretch, and of course that was never in question (potential consequences of DUI hearing notwithstanding). Nonetheless, it seems that it has had a fairly large effect and I'm sure many owners have been fortunate enough to get him at great value. If the pre-season is any indication, he should be in for a monster year.

nah nah nah nah

nah nah nah nah

hey a a

goodbye......

WHOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo

I reallly rolled the dice on Marshall this year...invested heavily on him and Cutler

Reinstating Pacman...Cutting Marshall's suspension by 2/3...Goodell's taking a Hell of a stance on character issues in the NFL today.How about he cuts Chris Henry's suspension in 1/2 and go for the trifecta for the week.
;)

Users who are viewing this thread