What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Breaking Bad on AMC (4 Viewers)

The Walt-induced body count is currently between 200-250 (counting the 167 in the end of S2 plane crashes).

Walt - Responsible for numerous deaths directly and peddling probably the most devastating drug all around the southwest.

Skyler - Had sex with her boss

Hmmm.

The Walt-induced body count is currently between 200-250 (counting the 167 in the end of S2 plane crashes).

Walt - Responsible for numerous deaths directly and peddling probably the most devastating drug all around the southwest.

Skyler - Had sex with her boss

Hmmm.
BUT SHE IS SUCH A NAG!!!
Let's be honest - some shrew was probably nagging Wayfarer 515's pilot before his flight as well.

Right. Gus didn't personally make the call, but he arranged to have Hank know the hit was coming. I think Gus knew the cousins would continue to be a problem and would still want Walt's head on a platter, literally.

I don't quite get the hate for Skylar. I am pretty sure most women would do a 180 if they found out their husband of nearly 20 years starting selling meth and eventually started killing people. However, it is certainly a shame how her looks really went after Season 3.
Most people say this after a first viewing of the series. She'll start to annoy you

Some pics from my recent trip to Santa Fe.

I wish it was this Sunday...can't wait!
I would hate to live in that house..... you know how many people must drive by that place now?
I hear they're very nice people. If you ask politely, they'll even let you throw a pizza on the roof for pictures.
Walt's house wasn't too bad because it was in a populated area. Hank's is in a more secluded area, down that cul-de-sac. I felt a little silly getting out to take that pic.

btw - they're all within like a mile of each other. Los Pollos was on the other side of town so we didn't see that.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't quite get the hate for Skylar. I am pretty sure most women would do a 180 if they found out their husband of nearly 20 years starting selling meth and eventually started killing people. However, it is certainly a shame how her looks really went after Season 3.
Most people say this after a first viewing of the series. She'll start to annoy you
Haha, that is very possible. And I am not saying her character has not been annoying at times, just that compared to Walt, she is a saint. But shows like this are written for viewers to kind of root for the antihero, so I get it.

New promo tonight just now. Desert scene with the Heisenberg hat in the dirt and Walt reciting ozymandius, which is a poem about a kingdom that crumbles. Awesome.

So Gus called to warn Hank with the hopes he killed the brothers?
That's the prevailing assumption, yes.
This was just on. It could have been Gus or Mike. It sounded like neither of them because the caller used a voice modulator. The better question is, when someone calls to tell you that two men are coming to kill you in one minute, and you just turned in your weapon, think it might be a good idea to drive away instead of waiting there for two men to come and kill you?

This was just on. It could have been Gus or Mike. It sounded like neither of them because the caller used a voice modulator. The better question is, when someone calls to tell you that two men are coming to kill you in one minute, and you just turned in your weapon, think it might be a good idea to drive away instead of waiting there for two men to come and kill you?
The actor plays it perfectly. Disbelief, fear....hank is a tough guy when his instincts take over. When he has time to think about things, not so much.

The actor plays it perfectly. Disbelief, fear....hank is a tough guy when his instincts take over. When he has time to think about things, not so much.
Yeah, it's a pretty interesting question about whether or not Hank would've or should've driven away. You're probably right, in that he stayed because he froze with fear.

I think maybe there's a chance he did for bravery though. I mean, there are 2 killers on the loose in a grocery store parking lot. You'd want cops there for that.

Or maybe Hank knew this was Breaking Bad world where stone cold killerss walk slowly, shoot from far away to give up their element of surprise, are bad shots, and of course, leave a wounded cop lying on the ground to slowly walk to the trunk of his car to get an axe to finish him off.

pollardsvision said:
Abraham said:
Raider Nation said:
Yeah, it's a pretty interesting question about whether or not Hank would've or should've driven away. You're probably right, in that he stayed because he froze with fear.

I think maybe there's a chance he did for bravery though. I mean, there are 2 killers on the loose in a grocery store parking lot. You'd want cops there for that.

Or maybe Hank knew this was Breaking Bad world where stone cold killerss walk slowly, shoot from far away to give up their element of surprise, are bad shots, and of course, leave a wounded cop lying on the ground to slowly walk to the trunk of his car to get an axe to finish him off.
I think it's more when you hear something that scares you downstairs. We all tend to go check it out rather then lock ourselves in the bathroom and call the police. Sure Hank not driving away is much more dangerous/extreme example but he's also been manipulated before into leaving a crime-scene and may be more suspicious then others.

Andrea says since the day Brock was born, that she promised he wouldn't turn out like Thomas. Brock is 5, about to be 6 when she tells Jesse this. Thomas was 8 when he started selling drugs and was 10 when he killed Combo. Thomas must have been the worst case of the terrible twos of all time.

Aug 11 before the premiere they will be showing all the old season 5 episodes again. Get your DVRs ready if youre like me and caught up on Netflix to season 4 only!

I really like the fly episode. Sue me.
Me too. Nice little vignette.
As do I. I wonder how the breakdown in love/hate with that episode falls along "binge watch on Netflix, DVD, etc" and "watch live every week". I could see myself liking it much less, and possibly hating it, if I was waiting all week for that episode and had to wait another week to get back to a more typical episode structure.

Meanwhile, I found it very cool to watch that one in the midst of a 4 hour binge.

I found this interesting from the review I posted above, which doesn't have much in the way of spoilers btw;

Gilligan has told TV critics and writers that Norris was the one actor who both changed the most and surprised him the most. In the first-season pilot, Hank is just a blow-hard macho man who runs all over Walt’s surprise 50th birthday party, but Gilligan had written that before casting Norris, whose work he didn’t know. Once it was clear that Norris had some serious range, that character quickly blossomed.

And give Norris a ton of credit, because when he finally comes face to face with the truth, his fine acting goes off the chart, and, playing off of Cranston’s own brilliance, causes a million goose bumps to rise on the viewer.

RUSF18 said:
Sabertooth said:
Leeroy Jenkins said:
I really like the fly episode. Sue me.
Me too. Nice little vignette.
As do I. I wonder how the breakdown in love/hate with that episode falls along "binge watch on Netflix, DVD, etc" and "watch live every week". I could see myself liking it much less, and possibly hating it, if I was waiting all week for that episode and had to wait another week to get back to a more typical episode structure.

Meanwhile, I found it very cool to watch that one in the midst of a 4 hour binge.
I watched the DVD's and I actually thought it stood out as crappy due to the previous 4 hours I watched. I think my longest break in watching the show was after that episode as well.

Leeroy Jenkins said:
anakin said:
shadyridr said:
Aug 11 before the premiere they will be showing all the old season 5 episodes again. Get your DVRs ready if youre like me and caught up on Netflix to season 4 only!
I went on itunes and purchased the rest..cheapy.
They are on the same day as the Premeire?
I read somewhere yesterday that those Season 5 episodes are actually coming to Netflix streaming sometime this weekend.

Leeroy Jenkins said:
anakin said:
shadyridr said:
I read somewhere yesterday that those Season 5 episodes are actually coming to Netflix streaming sometime this weekend.
That would be awesome. I did just warn my wife though that I would be watching Breaking Bad non-stop from 1230pm - 10pm on August 11.

Leeroy Jenkins said:
anakin said:
shadyridr said:
That would be awesome. I did just warn my wife though that I would be watching Breaking Bad non-stop from 1230pm - 10pm on August 11.
Yeah, that'd be great. I had all of season 5A still on my DVR until a few months ago. Not sure why I deleted it, but I'm sure it wasn't a good enough reason.

Leeroy Jenkins said:
anakin said:
shadyridr said:
woah

Just got an email from netflix;

Breaking Bad Season 5 is now on Netflix
I think this in regards to streaming. I watched the first 8 episodes of season 5 on Netflix DVDs about 2 months ago already.
Oh, I know. Guess I should have been more specific.
In your defense I didn't know people still used DVDs.
Blu-Ray. Better sound and quality than streaming. Breaking Bad is serious business.

Users who are viewing this thread