What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Buffalo Safety-Damar Hamlin is awake and **Bills at Bengals** Game has been Canceled (1 Viewer)

With the game being called a no contest, do the stats of what actually happens on the field officially count or not? Did Burrow throw a TD in week 17 or not?

This is where I am glad I don't run one of the those huge dollar contests :eek: - was definitely thinking about that.

(resisted the urge to pro-rate the numbers and give Burrow 6.67 TDs in the game) :stirspot:

I guess the official NFL stats would be the tell there - if they have that TD in Burrow and Boyd's totals or not. But is there a potential field day for the legal types? Sure. Cannot imagine too many survivor contestants used that game but that is another crazy possibility

-QG

all the stats sites (NFL.com, PFR) and Yahoo Fantasy Football either don't show a week 17 for BUF-CIN players or have Week 17 listed as a bye

The NFL went full NASCAR/1980s John Ziegler NHL here. Coin toss scenario that remedies to he printed rules working against Ravens gets puts in but not for the same type of scenario that works against the Bengals (no coin toss for home field in a 2/3 scenario against Buffalo or Kansas City). But still the 'benefit' of a worse draft position and tougher schedule next year.
In looking at the proposal I think the "competitive equalities" line is :bs: . Seems to me that each of these is to make sure that the Bills and Bengals play week 18 which I think is for the TV contracts and nothing else.

Just want to point out that one of my big take-aways from this event is that Zac Taylor and the Bengals he leads were class acts on Monday and all week. My take is that it was Zak Taylor that was ultimately the clear head that got the game postponed. The Bengals could have easily looked at the situation and said, "hey we can easily finish off this drive with a touch down and the call it a day and come out of here with a win, rested players, etc." But they didn't. They could easily be complaining about how that went down and being "cheated", but I haven't seen anything close to that. So, while come certain Sundays I'll try to hate Zac Taylor and his Bengals while cheering on their opponent, I'm guessing that I won't actually have it in me. Bengal fans should feel a bit of pride.

Just want to point out that one of my big take-aways from this event is that Zac Taylor and the Bengals he leads were class acts on Monday and all week. My take is that it was Zak Taylor that was ultimately the clear head that got the game postponed. The Bengals could have easily looked at the situation and said, "hey we can easily finish off this drive with a touch down and the call it a day and come out of here with a win, rested players, etc." But they didn't. They could easily be complaining about how that went down and being "cheated", but I haven't seen anything close to that. So, while come certain Sundays I'll try to hate Zac Taylor and his Bengals while cheering on their opponent, I'm guessing that I won't actually have it in me. Bengal fans should feel a bit of pride.
Gotta admit, there’s one good thing in the state of Ohio. My team won’t do anything this year so I’ll move on like the rest of the country to cheer for the bengals and bills. Should be interesting when / if they play each other in a few weeks.

Yes incredibly proud of our coach and team and the Bengals community as well as the Bills and their coach team and community. 2 fanbases that had a uniquely positive relationship before all this and it's that much stronger now imo.

-QG

Particularly since they are losing out big time because of this. They go from being on track to beat the Bills and potentially having a shot at the top seed to now having to beat Baltimore in order to avoid possibly going on the road against the Ravens in the wild card round.

I wonder how many early retirements we'll see. Whole lot of guys that have been paid a whole lot of money that could very well decide they're content with life as is.
Ali Marpet, a very good guard for the Bucs retired last year at age 27. Many believe it was because of the concussion he suffered during the year, which was his first. He did that after working through the big money part of his second contract. I expect to see a lot more of that.

Users who are viewing this thread