What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Build a FRANCHISE draft (1 Viewer)

Honestly, if you guys wanna do it on MFL it would be super easy. All offensive and defensive guys are in there. We could spend a cuple days putting in offensive lineman. If we start now and split it up we can have it done qwik
Or we could just skip o-linemen and just do 43 rounds. This would save a lot of work and then we wouldn't have to do all the research on which o-linemen are good (past the obvious ones anyways)
:no: Can't build a franchise without an o line

Yea we are building a full team, full franchise.

I want to draft on here but if I'm overruled on MFL so be it.

If you guys wanna do MFL and we can come to a consensus I will enter all worthy offensive lineman today and tomorrow.

I'd do it if Shake wants to part with the Dolphins - otherwise I'm fine sitting back and commenting. My preference would be to make the picks here (not MFL).

I participated the 1st time around and it was a lot of fun! Got the steal of the draft in Wes Welker in the 26th round!! My team would've so kicked ###..

I'd do it if Shake wants to part with the Dolphins - otherwise I'm fine sitting back and commenting. My preference would be to make the picks here (not MFL).I participated the 1st time around and it was a lot of fun! Got the steal of the draft in Wes Welker in the 26th round!! My team would've so kicked ###..
I would be willing to give up the Chiefs or the Saints if you wanted one. I'd prefer to only have one team.

I've decided to sit this out and just observe, so Buccs and Cardinals are both available now. Seems to be plenty of interest, so hopefully you'll have no problems getting someone else to take them over.

'shake zula said:
'8ebok24 said:
Yea we are building a full team, full franchise. I want to draft on here but if I'm overruled on MFL so be it.
oh in which case im out. i cant access those sites at work or on cell. sorry guys..pack and fins available now.
No, we are doing the draft on here. I just need everyone to PM me their cell phone numbers so I can text you when you are up.

8ebok24: Vikings and Jaguars

Meecrob: Cowboys and Texans

RBM: Bears and Bills

Nate Blough: Redskins and Ravens

HellToupee: Steelers and Falcons

Instinctive: Rams and Broncos

FUBAR: Titans and Lions

ExaltedOne: Bengals and Browns

Gandalas: 49ers and Colts

Skeletore eh: Eagles and Panthers

Duckboy: Seahawks and Jets

Warrior: Patriots and Raiders

Shake Zula: Packers and Dolphins

Wu Banger: Giants and Chargers

AwesomeAuger: Saints and Chiefs

Teams available

Bucs and Cardinals

'shake zula said:
'8ebok24 said:
Yea we are building a full team, full franchise. I want to draft on here but if I'm overruled on MFL so be it.
oh in which case im out. i cant access those sites at work or on cell. sorry guys..pack and fins available now.
No, we are doing the draft on here. I just need everyone to PM me their cell phone numbers so I can text you when you are up.
Oh ok NP - PM sent
I'd do it if Shake wants to part with the Dolphins - otherwise I'm fine sitting back and commenting. My preference would be to make the picks here (not MFL). I participated the 1st time around and it was a lot of fun! Got the steal of the draft in Wes Welker in the 26th round!! My team would've so kicked ###..
Dolfan you can have the Fish. I'd rather have just one team anyway.FWIW I am a notorious draft killer. So from the onset I want to be on perma skip. I don't want people giving me grief.

'shake zula said:
'8ebok24 said:
911-867-5309

'shake zula said:
'8ebok24 said:
Oh ok NP - PM sent
I'd do it if Shake wants to part with the Dolphins - otherwise I'm fine sitting back and commenting. My preference would be to make the picks here (not MFL). I participated the 1st time around and it was a lot of fun! Got the steal of the draft in Wes Welker in the 26th round!! My team would've so kicked ###..
FWIW I am a notorious draft killer. So from the onset I want to be on perma skip. I don't want people giving me grief.
that explains why Andy passed after he checked out who was doing this

Now I'm confused with people giving up teams, only wanting one, leaving another.

Autoskipped for an entire draft? That doesn't seem like that will work.

Also, I've only been PM'd 5 phone numbers. If you are serious and want to participate, please PM me your number.

Now I'm confused with people giving up teams, only wanting one, leaving another.Autoskipped for an entire draft? That doesn't seem like that will work.
I think people prefer to have one team (myself included) because they want to focus their efforts on making a single team "win" the draft. Having two teams may create conflict. For example, let's say I have two teams who pick back-to-back. In the first round my first team picked an elite QB and my second team picked an elite pass rusher on defense. Let's say in the second round, my top player on the board by far is a wide receiver and I really wanted to draft him for my first team to pair up with the elite QB. Do I not pick him with the second team to allow this to happen? Or do I stick true to the board and take him for my second team?

I think people prefer to have one team (myself included) because they want to focus their efforts on making a single team "win" the draft. Having two teams may create conflict. For example, let's say I have two teams who pick back-to-back. In the first round my first team picked an elite QB and my second team picked an elite pass rusher on defense. Let's say in the second round, my top player on the board by far is a wide receiver and I really wanted to draft him for my first team to pair up with the elite QB. Do I not pick him with the second team to allow this to happen? Or do I stick true to the board and take him for my second team?
I built a Chinese Wall to prevent this conflict.
The term has an ethnic focus which many would consider a subtle form of linguistic discrimination. Certainly, the continued use of the term would be insensitive to the ethnic identity of the many persons of Chinese descent. Modern courts should not perpetuate the biases which creep into language from outmoded, and more primitive, ways of thought.
Also helps if the teams you pick are separated by at least a few picks - believe we're using the April NFL draft order

Now I'm confused with people giving up teams, only wanting one, leaving another.Autoskipped for an entire draft? That doesn't seem like that will work.
Yeah, I'm going to try to be creative and have teams draft as far away as possible to prevent this. There might be a team or two that pick close to each other though.The reason it's hard for owners to have one team is getting 25-32 good, committed owners. Much better chance of getting 16 solid owners and having them do two teams. I don't even know about that, I'm hardly getting any phone numbers PM'd to me, and if some teams only are taking one team, we need a couple more people to sign up.

Dolfan wanted the fins and I said sure. I'll keep Packers.Autoskip means that if I don't pick within my allotted time feel free to skip me and I'll make up the pick.

So we basically need someone for the Bucs, Cards and Falcons? Is that accurate?

I'll have this site open during the day and will refresh often, so text messages shouldn't be necessary. The only time I'd need a text would be if I'm in a meeting at work, in which case I wouldn't be available at the moment anyway.

So if you don't mind, I'll pass on the cell phone and text message idea. If that is a problem, just let me know.

Thanks for organizing this!

I'm in Stockholm; texting me would cost you a fortune. That being said I am always lurking so I shouldn't be an issue. Just PM me if I am up.

One more thing; I assume we are doing a snaking draft order... otherwise the teams at the bottom will miss out on all the top talent with no way to recover via volume of lesser players... can we clarify this now?

One more thing; I assume we are doing a snaking draft order... otherwise the teams at the bottom will miss out on all the top talent with no way to recover via volume of lesser players... can we clarify this now?
True. Should be snake.

True. Should be snake.
I'd even suggest 3rd round reversal give the value of the top 10 or so players.Also might want to decide if you'll allow trades or not.

And also you should address the current college players turning rookies. Are they draftable in this? Or only veterans? Or only veterans and then you hold a 1 or 2 round rookie draft after it's done (think that's how the RSPWP is doing it, I think it's a nice idea).

Last time we did the full veteran draft and then did a two round rookie mock.

And please...NO TRADES! It just about killed us last time.

Yes it will definitely be snake. What are everyone's thoughts on a 3rd round reversal?

Also should we have rookies be made available during the draft? That would be my choice.

Or have a separate rookie draft in reverse order of the first round?

8ebok24: Vikings and Jaguars COMMISH

Meecrob: Cowboys and Texans WILL CHECK OFTEN

RBM: Bears and Bills CELL

Nate Blough: Redskins and Ravens CELL

HellToupee: Steelers and Falcons CELL

Instinctive: Rams and Broncos CELL

FUBAR: Titans and Lions CELL

ExaltedOne: Bengals and Browns CELL

Gandalas: 49ers and Colts CELL

Skeletore eh: Eagles and Panthers CELL

Duckboy: Seahawks and Jets CELL

Warrior: Raiders WILL CHECK OFTEN

Late225: Patriots CELL

Shake Zula: Packers CELL, AUTOSKIP after time expires

Dolfan: Dolphins

Wu Banger: Giants and Chargers

AwesomeAuger: Saints and Chiefs EMAIL TO PHONE

Teams available

Bucs and Cardinals

Dolfan and Wubanger please send your numbers.

Also if the teams with only one team can take on a second(Bucs or Cards), we could get started.

Last edited by a moderator:
And also you should address the current college players turning rookies. Are they draftable in this? Or only veterans? Or only veterans and then you hold a 1 or 2 round rookie draft after it's done (think that's how the RSPWP is doing it, I think it's a nice idea).
Are you playing, did you take a team and I miss you?2 teams left!!

I definitely vote for 3rd round reversal. Otherwise teams picking first will have an advantage I feel.

I also would vote for a separate rookie draft but I am pretty indifferent in this regard.

I definitely vote for 3rd round reversal. Otherwise teams picking first will have an advantage I feel.I also would vote for a separate rookie draft but I am pretty indifferent in this regard.
Ok, so to make up for not getting a top player at the start of the draft, the end of the draft gets:Top Rookieand3rd RRIs that too much, or ok with everyone?

also, how are we determining draft order?

I know you said we should have one team in top-16 and one in bottom-16, so are you just splitting up the teams into 2 groups and doing dice rolls for each group of 16? That would probably work the best, I'd imagine.

also, how are we determining draft order? I know you said we should have one team in top-16 and one in bottom-16, so are you just splitting up the teams into 2 groups and doing dice rolls for each group of 16? That would probably work the best, I'd imagine.
Yeah, I'm going to use this site:http://www.random.org/lists/

I don't think that's too much. I would still prefer 1st pick as opposed to 32nd pick with those parameters.
If we did 3rr, i would rather include rookies. Otherwise it seems to favor those at the end of the 1st. Probably doesn't matter too much, if we each have a team on each end.

also, how are we determining draft order? I know you said we should have one team in top-16 and one in bottom-16, so are you just splitting up the teams into 2 groups and doing dice rolls for each group of 16? That would probably work the best, I'd imagine.
Not to be a pain, but can we try to ensure we don't have two teams in the middle?

Not to be a pain, but can we try to ensure we don't have two teams in the middle?
Yes, I will try my best.I will not cheat either, I will generate a first 16 then a second 16 and copy it here.

I don't think that's too much. I would still prefer 1st pick as opposed to 32nd pick with those parameters.
If we did 3rr, i would rather include rookies. Otherwise it seems to favor those at the end of the 1st. Probably doesn't matter too much, if we each have a team on each end.
Yea, thats what I'm leaning towards too.Rookies included in this draft with a 3RR.

Not a fan of the 3rd round reversal thing. I think snake does enough to make it fair.

I don't know...the pros did 3RR, so I am sure that it helps make it more equitable.

I actually prefer the bottom in that scenario, but it is close.

3RR with seperate rookie draft is my vote.

Remember guys, this is just for fun. It doesn't have to be perfect.

Users who are viewing this thread