What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Build a FRANCHISE draft (1 Viewer)

And also you should address the current college players turning rookies. Are they draftable in this? Or only veterans? Or only veterans and then you hold a 1 or 2 round rookie draft after it's done (think that's how the RSPWP is doing it, I think it's a nice idea).
Are you playing, did you take a team and I miss you?2 teams left!!
Just going to watch with interest. Work at the moment may have it tough for me to be involved.

8ebok24: Vikings and Jaguars COMMISH

Meecrob: Cowboys and Texans WILL CHECK OFTEN

RBM: Bears and Bills CELL

Nate Blough: Redskins and Ravens CELL

HellToupee: Steelers and Falcons CELL

Instinctive: Rams and Broncos CELL

FUBAR: Titans and Lions CELL

ExaltedOne: Bengals and Browns CELL

Gandalas: 49ers and Colts CELL

Skeletore eh: Eagles and Panthers CELL

Duckboy: Seahawks and Jets CELL

Warrior: Raiders WILL CHECK OFTEN

Late225: Patriots CELL

Shake Zula: Packers CELL, AUTOSKIP after time expires

Dolfan: Dolphins

Wu Banger: Giants and Chargers CELL

AwesomeAuger: Saints and Chiefs EMAIL TO PHONE

Teams available

Bucs and Cardinals

Wubanger please send your number.

Also if the teams with only one team can take on a second(Bucs or Cards), we could get started.

Come on, lets get started!!!!!!!!

If no one else volunteers, I'll take a third team, and need one more to do that too(must be active)

8ebok24: Vikings and Jaguars COMMISH

Meecrob: Cowboys and Texans WILL CHECK OFTEN

RBM: Bears and Bills CELL

Nate Blough: Redskins and Ravens CELL

HellToupee: Steelers and Falcons CELL

Instinctive: Rams and Broncos CELL

FUBAR: Titans and Lions CELL

ExaltedOne: Bengals and Browns CELL

Gandalas: 49ers and Colts CELL

Skeletore eh: Eagles and Panthers CELL

Duckboy: Seahawks and Jets CELL

Warrior: Raiders WILL CHECK OFTEN

Late225: Patriots CELL

Shake Zula: Packers CELL, AUTOSKIP after time expires

Dolfan: Dolphins

Wu Banger: Giants and Chargers CELL

AwesomeAuger: Saints and Chiefs EMAIL TO PHONE

Bamac: Bucs CELL

Whicker: Cardinals CELL

WE ARE ALL SET!!!!!! Just need Dolfan's cell number and we are set on all that.

I will be creating the order soon!!!!!

Good job guys, this will be a lot of fun.

I won't participate, but I'll do the Madden Sim using 2013 if you're all interested.
:thumbup: :excited:
We tried Madden sim before....a daunting task.....they quit
Daunting, perhaps, but I'm more resilient :boxing: But really when my 9mo old wakes up because he's teething like a mofo and I've gotta stay up with him from 3am-5am, what else do I have to do. Nba2k can take a break. Besides, I'd be curious about the results as well.

8ebok24: Vikings and Jaguars COMMISHMeecrob: Cowboys and Texans WILL CHECK OFTENRBM: Bears and Bills CELLNate Blough: Redskins and Ravens CELLHellToupee: Steelers and Falcons CELLInstinctive: Rams and Broncos CELLFUBAR: Titans and Lions CELLExaltedOne: Bengals and Browns CELLGandalas: 49ers and Colts CELLSkeletore eh: Eagles and Panthers CELLDuckboy: Seahawks and Jets CELLWarrior: Raiders WILL CHECK OFTENLate225: Patriots CELLShake Zula: Packers CELL, AUTOSKIP after time expiresDolfan: DolphinsWu Banger: Giants and Chargers CELLAwesomeAuger: Saints and Chiefs EMAIL TO PHONEBamac: Bucs CELLWhicker: Cardinals CELLWE ARE ALL SET!!!!!! Just need Dolfan's cell number and we are set on all that.I will be creating the order soon!!!!!Good job guys, this will be a lot of fun.
Are you keeping this here or moving to the Mock draft forum (suggest moving)

DRAFT ORDER

1st Round

1.Saints Awesomeauger

2.Giants WuBanger

3.Eagles SkeletoreEh

4.Titans Fubar

5.Vikings 8ebok24

6.Bears RBM

7.Rams Instinctive

8.Steelers HellToupe

9.49ers Gandalas

10.Seahawks Duckboy

11.Cowboys Meecrob

12.Bengals ExaltedOne

13.Pats Late225

14.Raiders Warrior

15.Cardinals Whicker

16.Skins NateBlough

17.Packers Shakezula

18.Lions Fubar

19.Jets Duckboy

20.Bucs Bamac

21.Chargers WuBanger

22.Browns ExaltedOne

23.Falcons HellToupee

24.Dolphins Dolfan

25.Chiefs Awesomauger

26.Bills RBM

27.Colts Gandalas

28.Ravens NateBlough

29.Texans Meecrob

30.Panthers SkeletoreEh

31.Broncos Instinctive

32.Jaguars 8ebok24

With the first pick of the first round, the New Orlean Saints select

1.01 Aaron Rodgers

The Saints obtain the best quarterback in the league who is still only 29 (turns 30 in December).

We will start tomorrow(you can pick, but no clock)

1 hour clock(we will be flexible for the first round or two)

When you make your first pick, please specify what time zone you are in. Clock will be on from 9am-5pm in your timezone.

Please PM the team after you, I will be monitoring and try and text people when they are up, or coming up. Try and check in at least a couple of times a day.

Rookies are included in this draft and we will do a 3RR.

Remember you are building a franchise, not just for next year, for years to come.

Any other questions/suggestions/ideas before we start this thing?

Is anyone good with google docs?, maybe someone can set it up there and it be easier to keep track of.

I PM'd Wu-Banger that it was his pick.

My time zone is EST.

Edit:

I can setup a Google Doc for this. I'll set it up this evening.

Last edited by a moderator:
with the 1.02 Pick ,

NY Football Giants select - Andrew Luck , QB Stanford University

edit - Pm sent to Skeletore Eh

Rodgers was a no brainer at 1. After him though, who knows.

This 3rr thing only happens once, or every 3 rounds?

think Luck was a no brainer after Rodgers , starting a franchise I want the best young QB in years at the helm.

Rodgers was a no brainer at 1. After him though, who knows.This 3rr thing only happens once, or every 3 rounds?
The 3rr happens only once, in the third round. The person picking 32nd in the first round receives the first pick in the second round and the first pick in the third round.

Pick 1.03 Philadelphia Eagles select

Robert Griffin III

I'll take on the injury risk. His combination of playmaking ability, intelligence, leadership, and marketability is too much to pass on as the face of the franchise.

Thoughts from the peanut gallery... adopt or discard as you wish.Would be nice to see some brief commentary on each pick. Can always make pick to not delay things and then add commentary when you have time.It would be nice to have summary posts in the thread containing both the picks in the order selected, and then also one that shows the rosters as they stand to date. If not the first thread, a link in the first thread so you can jump to them easily.Google docs help too, but would be nice to cut and paste it in the forum for mobile users and the like.Also, wouldn't mind if the spreadsheet and/or summary posts included the age of players so after the fact we can look at the oldest and youngest teams and the philosophy that went into picking them.

:rant: Rodgers, Luck and RG3 were almost automatic picks, but I was hoping one would fall.

Pick coming soon... just debating between a few (1.04 is probably the first pick which is even a debate)

We probably could include one current coach, head or assistant, as your head coach

I think I (Browns, Bengals) have the two worst possible draft positions. So they are probably going to suck just like IRL.

I was not expecting to go this way, but while I debated the options, I decided he's worth the pick and the moderate risk.

What do I want from my franchise player?

Leadership

The ability to take over a game when needed

Good teammate (sort of goes with #1, but there's more to it)

Youth is a factor but not definitive

In the end, I'm taking a young kid who has seen the playoffs, is a proven leader, and while he didn't have the draft stock coming out that many others have, the kid has it all.

1.04 The Titans take Russell Wilson, QB

I am very curious and interested in seeing the teams that go the defense first route or maybe even OL first. Can't imagine everyone taking offense in the first round, but that's just me.

Really wanted RGIII here, thought he would fall due to injury. I think Rogers and Luck were a no brainer too. Wilson is in the discussion with the next tier along with some older fellas.

1.5 Vikings select Tom Brady, QB

I think he has at least 3 more years of MVP caliber play and his resume speaks for itself.

RBM texted

Thoughts from the peanut gallery... adopt or discard as you wish.Would be nice to see some brief commentary on each pick. Can always make pick to not delay things and then add commentary when you have time.It would be nice to have summary posts in the thread containing both the picks in the order selected, and then also one that shows the rosters as they stand to date. If not the first thread, a link in the first thread so you can jump to them easily.Google docs help too, but would be nice to cut and paste it in the forum for mobile users and the like.Also, wouldn't mind if the spreadsheet and/or summary posts included the age of players so after the fact we can look at the oldest and youngest teams and the philosophy that went into picking them.
Very good ideas.I will try and keep the first post updated as we go along.

Wilson is a big surprise ..... He's achieving a lot in his one year but I'm not sure he would if he didn't have a solid team already in place .

Think he's going to be good but not sure of 1.04 good.

Not on board with the Griffin pick at all. I firmly believe the read option part if his game can and will be eliminated by a big time def coach in a big game. He's a good thrower but not top 3. Add in that he will need to change his style because of durability with his slight build...don't like him that early.

I like Wilson better than Griffin but still early I think.

I'm in the car but will try to pick soon. Still not settled on who I want.

Wilson is in the discussion with the next tier along with some older fellas.
I think we're already seeing 3 tiers.1. Rodgers2. Luck and RG33. Wilson, some older proven HOFers, and a couple other younger dudes; roughly 5 (maybe 6) players in this group. Sucks to take the first of a tier.

Wilson is a big surprise ..... He's achieving a lot in his one year but I'm not sure he would if he didn't have a solid team already in place .Think he's going to be good but not sure of 1.04 good.
Honestly, I'm not sure either. I considered 6 players here, one fell out because I'm not convinved of his leadership, 3 fell out simply due to age (I stated it wasn't definive but 10 years is a wide gap when building a franchise) and it came down to Wilson and another similar player. I just like Wilson more as a leader.

Can we get a sister thread to just post the picks and the players taken so far? This will be a big help and hopefully avoid people being selected when they are already taken.

Can we get a sister thread to just post the picks and the players taken so far? This will be a big help and hopefully avoid people being selected when they are already taken.
I will try updating the first post with the complete draft. Also a google doc will be created later that will help a lot.

I think Rodgers was a no brainer and 95% of people would take him there.

Luck I think is not as much of a lock. I won't argue with taking him there, but I think the risk he still has make some other options equally viable.

Thought it was a little too early for RG3 because of the injury risk in particular.

I wouldn't have had Wilson in my list of serious considerations at 1.04. I don't know that my "most likely" for him is to produce at a top 3 or 4 QB level. Even adjusting for his longer career, I'd probably take some other guys first.

Avoiding naming names of players who have not been picked, which is of course a good policy to have in a draft like this.

I think Rodgers was a no brainer and 95% of people would take him there.Luck I think is not as much of a lock. I won't argue with taking him there, but I think the risk he still has make some other options equally viable.Thought it was a little too early for RG3 because of the injury risk in particular.I wouldn't have had Wilson in my list of serious considerations at 1.04. I don't know that my "most likely" for him is to produce at a top 3 or 4 QB level. Even adjusting for his longer career, I'd probably take some other guys first.Avoiding naming names of players who have not been picked, which is of course a good policy to have in a draft like this.
Regarding Luck , I think the risk is minimal he does not preform at a top level (real life , not fantasy) for the next 10 years .....classic QB with smarts , toughness, and mobility........ this gave him an edge over the older HOF'ers that were /are available. His success was expected this year , where as Wilson, RG3, and a couple others was more of a surprise they preformed so soon.Brady was my other consideration , his declining arm strength and question marks with his weapons were the other factors besides his age I considered. If we are drafting for the next 2 years , might have gone with him ( I would have) ....but Luck can win now (11-5 with that cast ) and for a long , long time.

1.6 Chicago Bears - Joe Flacco, QB

I mean I'm really shocked that Griffin and Wilson were chosen when there are guys that have won Super Bowls out there, with just as much talent, probably more lets be honest. I had 4 guys I was deciding between here. I took age, talent, leadership, and postseason success into account, and after what he just did (the Montana like 11-0 td-int), I had to take Flacco. His playoff record at his age is really incredible.

Wow. Left with a bit of a tough decision here, as I thought one or two of these guys I had in mind would be gone. Pick coming.

1.6 Chicago Bears - Joe Flacco, QB

I mean I'm really shocked that Griffin and Wilson were chosen when there are guys that have won Super Bowls out there, with just as much talent, probably more lets be honest. I had 4 guys I was deciding between here. I took age, talent, leadership, and postseason success into account, and after what he just did (the Montana like 11-0 td-int), I had to take Flacco. His playoff record at his age is really incredible.
:eek: :no: :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread