What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Can I punch Nazis? (spoiler alert: yes) (2 Viewers)

Is it cool to punch a Neo-Nazi in the face?

• Yes

Votes: 101 60.5%
  • No

Votes: 66 39.5%

• Total voters
I'm not sure how it is "free speech" when people say their core belief is wanting to murder me and my family.  It's like that whole yelling fire in a crowded movie theater thing. 

2Squirrels1Nut said:
I'm not sure how it is "free speech" when people say their core belief is wanting to murder me and my family.  
Now reflect on the fact that many people in the pro-life community think that pro-choicers are advocating murder.  Still want this standard to apply?

Guys...

The OP asked if it was "cool" to punch Nazis.  

He didn't ask if it was moral or ethical or whatever.  Just cool.

Like "is wearing sunglasses inside cool?"

or "Is it cool to wear a band's t-shirt while attending a concert featuring said band?"

Calm down.

Late in my senior year of high school my buddy and I took a “college day” off of school and drive to Lansing to visit MSU. We were both headed there in the fall and basically just wanted to take advantage of the excused day off of school. We parked and were walking around and two skinhead guys in white t shirts and black jeans came up to us and asked if we were going to be students in the fall. We said yes. Then they asked what we thought of Jews. We said they were like everyone else, they said “f that” and started going on about how white people were being oppressed. 

The thing that sticks with me to this day is the fact that they knew we were young and could possibly be influenced- I felt targeted- and I think about how stupid I was when I was younger despite heading to college. I’m glad we had enough sense to simply walk away, but coming from a rural area where casual racism is tolerated (jokes, off hand remarks that no one challenges because it’s pretty much only white people, that kind of thing) I wonder how some of the other kids in my school may have responded, and how much success they have recruiting in this manner. Probably much easier on the internet now. 

If I saw this today, I likely wouldn’t walk up and punch someone, but I’d certainly have a few things to say. And I’ll say this- if I know someone has views like that, my threshold to punch them is lower than the general population.

Guys...

The OP asked if it was "cool" to punch Nazis.  

He didn't ask if it was moral or ethical or whatever.  Just cool.

Like "is wearing sunglasses inside cool?"

or "Is it cool to wear a band's t-shirt while attending a concert featuring said band?"

Calm down.
You are usually pretty good at analogies, but this is a major fail. :yes:

It’s been a long day.

And, for the record, it is NOT cool to wear a band’s shirt to their concert.
No, it is so UNCOOL and NOT CONTRIVED that it becomes cool.

Actually, no. You should know better. I once wore an ironic t-shirt, handmade, that read: THESE ARE THE BANDS I LIKE with a subsequent list of Sharpie-d bands scrawled on them. I then drew skyscrapers on the back crushing a Mom and Pop store with the words "VILLAGE GREEN PRESERVATION SOCIETY" written on it. I got all the ironic wimmins compliments that night. 

Can I punch Nazis?
Why stop there?  Maybe we should just hang them- we could have gatherings to celebrate their lynching.  How could violently singling out a group of people we don't like possibly go wrong?  There's no higher calling in our civil society than beating each other like a bunch of primates, although that's probably an insult to primates. Let's just follow this through to its natural end.

Now reflect on the fact that many people in the pro-life community think that pro-choicers are advocating murder.  Still want this standard to apply?
Pro-choicers aren't advocating murder though. Their stance isn't to kill every baby whether in the womb or not. Because you know, babies are the worst.  My mother was pregnant with me when she was 18 so I'm very much lean pro-life, against late term abortions except when the mother's life is at stake,etc.  I bet these same people that believe that also think the morning after pill is the same as killing a baby though which is ridiculous. 

But what?

This is sickening to me. Literally no one in this forum condones violence, looting or vandalism. And yet here we all sit arguing about it anyway.  Really disheartening.  
Lots of buts.

i dont support it, but I can understand why they are so upset.

...but what do we expect?

...but their outlook is just so bleak.

...but if you are more concerned about protesters rioting you are part of the problem. 

Tons of people say they dont support this stuff, but immediately condone it.

But what?

This is sickening to me. Literally no one in this forum condones violence, looting or vandalism. And yet here we all sit arguing about it anyway.  Really disheartening.  
It seems like the jist of this thread is “can I commit violence against people with views I find abhorrent. spoiler alert: yes.”  

It seems like the jist of this thread is “can I commit violence against people with views I find abhorrent. spoiler alert: yes.”  
Yeah. My mistake. This is definitely the wrong thread for that sentiment. Punch away, everyone. 

Like are we talking about actual Nazi's or people deemed Nazi's by the left, who are not actual Nazi's, but people they don't like?  Seems like it's pretty easy to be labeled as a nazi/fascist/racist/white supremacist these days.

Like are we talking about actual Nazi's or people deemed Nazi's by the left, who are not actual Nazi's, but people they don't like?  Seems like it's pretty easy to be labeled as a nazi/fascist/racist/white supremacist these days.
Just actual Nazis.  Also, all right-wingers are Nazis.  Also, everyone to the right of me is a right-winger.

I hope we both agree that there is no way this could go wrong.

This is sad.  

You conclude that it is ok to punch Nazi's.  You conclude that anyone who has opposing view points is a Nazi.  Your views are good, so of course if there's aren't the same, they're just a POS.  Therefore just punch anyone that disagrees with you. 

I mean, all the stuff that has been shut down/warranted a ban over the short time I've been on the board, how the hell is this thread "ok?"

Users who are viewing this thread