What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Can we discuss pet peeves here? (3 Viewers)

I know that DMV bureaucracy is a total cliche at this point, but man is the Florida HSMV giving me the runaround!

Background: In February I got in a car accident that was totally my fault. I had the option of taking a driver's ed course in order to avoid getting points on my license, which I did, and finished by April. The online school said they would automatically submit the paperwork to the state, which they did, but apparently I was also supposed to print out the certificate of completion and mail it to the county clerk's office.

So last week I get a notice from HSMV that my license will be suspended as of Nov. 13 for failure to pay. Should be no problem to go on the website and submit my proof of completion, right? Nope, no way to do that. I can go on the website and pay the remaining fine ($18), but if I do that I'm pretty sure I'll get the points.

OK, so I'll call customer service and ask what to do. There's a state customer service number on the letter I got, as well as numbers for the county clerk's office. State number has a voicemail that says no one is available to take my call. Can't leave a message or request a callback or anything. Have called a bunch of times and never was able to get anyone. County clerk number directs me to call a different number. Call that, go through the various phone-tree mazes, and finally reach a page that tells me my license is suspended and I have to go deal with it in person. But then I realize if you wait through all the phone tree options, you can press zero to speak with an operator. So I do that, and am told no one is available to take my call and I can't leave a voicemail.

At this point, it seems my only option is to make an appointment with the clerk's office -- which I have, for this Thursday -- bring in all my paperwork and hope they will accept my proof of completion. What an enormous waste of my time and theirs!
Are they making you drive there on a suspended license?
That would be ironic, right? But no, my license won't be suspended until the 13th

So sick of people watching videos on their phone with sound up and no headphones in public. Airports, fast food joints, frickin' everywhere. It's a complete epidemic.

Yes I know I've said this in here multiple times. It just keeps happening.
I won't even do this in my own living room if other people are there.
Every once in a while my wife will play one with sound on during sports or a show. I always act insanely startled. "What was that? Who is there?" As I fall onto the floor flailing my arms about.

She immediately turns the sound off when I do this.

So sick of people watching videos on their phone with sound up and no headphones in public. Airports, fast food joints, frickin' everywhere. It's a complete epidemic.

Yes I know I've said this in here multiple times. It just keeps happening.
I won't even do this in my own living room if other people are there.

there are times that while my wife and i are watching a movie or series i will have MNF on my phone.....

..... muted

People who reply to threads without reading any of the current replies..... only to post something that was already posted before that caused a bunch of confusion and then cleared up in thread ........

I'm sure I'm guilty of too lol

My recent peeve is that I'm getting dumber by the day.

Example #1. I offered to treat my wife and her sister to pizza and made the mistake of letting them pick the type of pizza. Turns out one ordered Hawaiian and the other got BBQ chicken...
Example #2. I was on vacation for a week, I get back to work the following day and realized how little time needs to pass before I forget how to type on a keyboard. I pecked around for 30 minutes before I regained my typing rhythm.

I like Hawaiian Pizza. :bag;
Place near me had a Hawaiian jalapeno. It was awesome.

Pepperoni, pineapple and any sort of medium hot pepper and I'm the fattest happiest guy alive!

Sidebar: Have you had Apizza Scholls in SE Portland? They do Pepperoni and Mama Lil's Peppers and it might be my favorite pizza ever. Hold the pineapple for me, although I think you can add it.

It's been on my to-do list for about 20 years. I just never get over there. All my foodie friends rave about it.

Cats. More specifically people that just let their cats roam.

I’ll piggy back on this. I’m sort of indifferent to cats since the family had one growing up and ours had a pretty cool personality. On the flip side I’ve met some cats that are complete a-holes or ones that just whine and that cat whine annoys the ever living sh*t out of me.

I live in a quadplex at the beach and my next door neighbors will literally bring neighborhood cats into their home and feed them and whatnot. So then these things start to come back wanting food and occasionally will whine at their (and sometimes mistakenly my) front door. Brainlets. I know it’s not the cats fault as it’s going back to a food source but they still annoy me. Oh plus I’m allergic as hell to them.

The outdoor cats in my area are pretty quiet so I guess I'm lucky there. But the incessantly barking dogs drive me nuts. Their owners just pretend to be deaf to it. Every time someone walks or rides their bikes by the mutts go nuts.

The outdoor cats in my area are pretty quiet so I guess I'm lucky there. But the incessantly barking dogs drive me nuts. Their owners just pretend to be deaf to it. Every time someone walks or rides their bikes by the mutts go nuts.
The only time I hear them is when they are half burying their poop in my yard.

I also agree on the dogs. In Colorado everybody had a dog. At least here it seems like 50/50. And at least during the summer nobody leaves them outside.

But now that it is cooling off, you hear them more often.

One I drive my kids nuts with. I learn a new slang word and beat it to death. For example “no cap”, which apparently means no lie.

“You wouldn’t believe the lines at the grocery store today, no cap”

“No cap, this pizza is delicious”

One I drive my kids nuts with. I learn a new slang word and beat it to death. For example “no cap”, which apparently means no lie.

This a pet peeve?

This a pet peeve?
I think he's saying that it's a pet peeve when people only recently recognize "new slag" that's been around since the early 1900s

Drop that here if you don't mind.

I need some new material and I need to remember that one.
well if you want to be behind the times you can drop some cap no-cap......

My wife really likes to over complicate things. Shocking, I know.

Daughter gets home at 3:45. Bus drops my daughter off up the street and she walks home from there. Two other kids live within 3 houses of us that she walks with. My wife works from home. At 3:40 ish she stands out front and waves to daughter as she walks up the street. Every once in a while she asks me if I can meet my daughter. So far I have been able to.

I have been working with my daughter on how to open the garage door in case she gets home and nobody is waiting at front door. She can easily do it now, even had her do it this morning.

Well today my wife learns she can't be out front at 3:40. I can't either. So wife is in a panic. I tell her no worries. We did a test run even just this morning. She can come in through garage, walk right by your office door, easy peasy.

Wife doesnt like that idea. Wants to leave front door unlocked and put a note on front door saying the front door is unlocked!!!

I said what if our daughter doesn't remove the note? Now we have a note on our house that says front door is unlocked.

"I will write on the bottom of the note, to remove the note".

Wife ultimately reschedules meeting.

Good God.

Last edited:

Daughter gets home at 3:45. Bus drops my daughter off up the street and she walks home from there. Two other kids live within 3 house of us that she walks with. My wife works from home. At 3:40 ish she stands out front and waves to daughter as she walks up the street. Every once in a while she asks me if I can meet my daughter. So far I have been able to.

I have been working with my daughter on how to open the garage door in case she gets home and nobody is waiting at front door. She can easily do it now, even had her do it this morning.

Well today my wife learns she can't be out front at 3:40. I can't either. So wife is in a panic. I tell her no worries. We did a test run even just this morning. She can come in through garage, walk right by your office door, easy leash.

Wife doesnt like that idea. Wants to leave front door unlocked and put a note on front door saying the front door is unlocked!!!

I said what if our daughter doesn't remove the note? Now we have a note on our house that says front door is unlocked.

Good God.
How old is this kid? I had a house key when I was nine. Sounds like your wife would have had a seisure.

Daughter gets home at 3:45. Bus drops my daughter off up the street and she walks home from there. Two other kids live within 3 house of us that she walks with. My wife works from home. At 3:40 ish she stands out front and waves to daughter as she walks up the street. Every once in a while she asks me if I can meet my daughter. So far I have been able to.

Well today my wife learns she can't be out front at 3:40. I can't either. So wife is in a panic. I tell her no worries. We did a test run even just this morning. She can come in through garage, walk right by your office door, easy leash.

Good God.
How old is this kid? I had a house key when I was nine. Sounds like your wife would have had a seisure.
She is 6.

Good God.
She is 6.
Okay. Six may be a bit too young for that.

Daylight Saving Time. It's almost dark and it's only five.
As mentioned we are currently in standard time. We just finished daylight savings
Not a plural.

And I just want to pick one. And only one.
What? You complain it's dark at 5. If we choose to keep standard time IT WILL STILL BE DARK at 5..... so which is it?

And thanks for correcting my inadvertent S.....I would have never known. I deal with UTC so I don't have to worry about a misspelling

I’m going to take this over the sun rising at 4 AM in Japan (during the summer). It has been great visiting my parents in Florida… No complaints about the time of sunrise or sunset!

I’m going to take this over the sun rising at 4 AM in Japan (during the summer). It has been great visiting my parents in Florida… No complaints about the time of sunrise or sunset!
WTF cares when the sun rises in Japan? We're talking US times... other countries can fight for themselves.

ETA: This issue has already been decided. DST has already been deemed permanent... no more time changes will occur. From here on out, we will only have Eastern Time (ET), Central Time (CT), Mountain Time (MT) and Pacific Time (PT). End of discussion.

WTF cares when the sun rises in Japan? We're talking US times... other countries can fight for themselves.

ETA: This issue has already been decided. DST has already been deemed permanent... no more time changes will occur. From here on out, we will only have Eastern Time (ET), Central Time (CT), Mountain Time (MT) and Pacific Time (PT). End of discussion.
I care because I’m stationed there for another year. 🤷‍♀️

I care because I’m stationed there for another year. 🤷‍♀️
That's cool... but I have no control over their rules.

Users who are viewing this thread