What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Can we discuss pet peeves here? (2 Viewers)

1) Drivers in the left turn lane who do not move into the intersection to wait for traffic to clear. They wait behind the line and never move up. Sometimes, they wait through an entire green as if "maybe the next green we'll have better luck finding a break." Idiots. Wait in the middle, and complete the turn while it's yellow. You're allowed to. Some of us are waiting.

2) Drivers trying to make a left turn from a side street onto a major street, and insist on waiting for both sides to be clear before turning (or, pulling out halfway and completely blocking traffic coming from their left). Major streets here have a center "chicken lane", double yellow striped on both sides, for turning into and out of for left-hand turns. You're supposed to wait for traffic to clear on the left, pull into the center lane parallel to traffic, and wait there for traffic coming the other way to clear. That way you can merge into it at speed.

3) Drivers who miss their turn or are in the wrong lane who insist on correcting their mistake immediately at the cost of other drivers. Like, from all the way at the left, realize "I should be in the right hand lane" and slam the brakes and stop and wait for five lanes of traffic to let them in. Or someone who's in the wrong lane to make a right turn trying to force their way over. I saw some idiot miss his exit and reverse down the freeway shoulder for over 500 feet trying to get back to his exit. Everyone, pay attention: just keep going and get the next one. I promise, the roads all connect. You can get there from here.
Regarding number 1, I think pulling past the line is illegal in at least some states. My relative in Wisconsin ages ago stated she automatically failed her drivers test due to pulling into the intersection since there was no median/island between lanes.

1) Drivers in the left turn lane who do not move into the intersection to wait for traffic to clear. They wait behind the line and never move up. Sometimes, they wait through an entire green as if "maybe the next green we'll have better luck finding a break." Idiots. Wait in the middle, and complete the turn while it's yellow. You're allowed to. Some of us are waiting.
Regarding number 1, I think pulling past the line is illegal in at least some states. My relative in Wisconsin ages ago stated she automatically failed her drivers test due to pulling into the intersection since there was no median/island between lanes.
Yeah, it's called "gridlocking" and it is against the law in California.

Yeah, it's called "gridlocking" and it is against the law in California.
This is only if you are blocking the intersection during a red light. You are allowed to pull into the intersection on the green and complete your left on the yellow/red. If you can not complete the turn and are then blocking traffic then yes you are gridlocking. You also can not reverse in this situation, it is also a ticket.

unless something has recently changed in which case most drivers in SoCal would be getting ticketed daily

Last edited by a moderator:
Statcruncher said:
People who slow/inconvenience others without a thought:

* Driving in the left hand lane without passing anyone

* People who try to get on an elevator before letting people out

* People who watch for 5 minutes as the clerk scans their groceries but don't get their wallet/purse out until after being told the amount

Just a few examples of people who need to wake the F up and quit being dooshes.
the second one is a damn epidemic in asia trying to get out of the subway car or the any mass public transportation. They will literally try to pack 700 more people into an already full train. Of course, the plus side of that is the trains in Asia are almost dead accurate as far as being on time.

Also, I posted a thread about this one many years ago, and I was hoping it would go away by now, but it hasn't. It really annoys me to the point where I will change a channel on the radio or TV when announcers start to pluralize singular player's names. Anytime some ###### analyst talks about the "Peyton Mannings and the John Elways" I immediately turn it off.

I am sure there is more than one person in the world named John Elway, and I am sure there is only one in the pro Football hall of fame. Stop making them all a ####### hero.

When a group of people (usually only 2 or 3) walk in a hallway that can usually accommodate close to 10 people standing side by side and somehow configure themselves to walk in the middle, very slowly, and effectively not allow anyone to walk by them. They are also completely clueless about their surroundings and are easily surprised that you're right behind them trying to "pass".

For a bonus, the group will randomly sway or meander in such a way that, as you are trying to pass them, they cluelessly veer in that direction and then correct as you try to go around the other side.

I'm going to start throwing shoulder blocks into these people as I go by.

Just reminded me, unnecessary CC'ing of people on email chains.
How about the people who hit "Reply All" on something that requires no answer, but they then share all of their improper English and spelling skills with the entire division.Time after time this just snowballs out of control.
Or the jerk that hits Reply All to tell everyone NOT to Reply All. I hate these 'Do as I say, not as I do' idiots.

Just reminded me, unnecessary CC'ing of people on email chains.
How about the people who hit "Reply All" on something that requires no answer, but they then share all of their improper English and spelling skills with the entire division.Time after time this just snowballs out of control.
Or the jerk that hits Reply All to tell everyone NOT to Reply All. I hate these 'Do as I say, not as I do' idiots.
This is a current issue in my office currently. Just when it finally ended yesterday after 15 to 20 reply all comments of nonsense or obligatory remove me from this chain messages, some nitwit goes and starts it all back up again this afternoon. Good times.

People in stadiums on cellphones talking to other people in the same stadium, who scream and yell and wave their arms trying to be seen by the idiot talking to them.

Hey morons, just pick a concession stand or urinal and meet up. Stop standing in front of people acting like an ##### for two innings because you think it'll be cool if your friend can see you from the 3rd base line.

The lack of collaboration between manufacturers of gym bags and locker room benches really pisses me off. I can't get the #### outta Dodge because my gym bag thinks it's a Slinky.

People that use special names for things. One lady at work doesn't like bugs on her pizza. What the #### are you talking about? She's talking about olives. I'd like to kick her in her 65 year old crotch.

Statcruncher said:

* People who watch for 5 minutes as the clerk scans their groceries but don't get their wallet/purse out until after being told the amount

:wall:

Just had this happen last night in the "express" lane. Lady in front of me with maybe 8 items waits until the items are scanned to start digging through her ####in' coupons. After a couple minutes of that and not having one for what she was buying, proceeds to dig for her store savings card. THEN she whips out her ####in' checkbook.

#1 - People who talk at concerts while the music is playing - especially about dumb stuff like the kids going to school, someone coming over for dinner, situations at work, etc

Can you just wait until a set break? Or buy a CD and do that stuff at home.

#2 - people who in a crowded concert standing room only area in front of stage who have to turn around and get group photo shot with band in background - causing all the other people who are shoulder to shoulder to maneuver around while you do it. Then you trade cameras and the "fifth wheel" has to get in picture while another in your group takes the photo - FU people
I think this is when I realized I became too old to go to concerts. I was so pissed at the people talking, taking photos, dicking around on their cell phones, etc.. Why in the world would you pay for a ticket to a concert just to not listen to the music? Went to a couple shows in Milwaukee, and just determined that was the "thing" to do on a weekend night, and it wasn't much to do with seeing the band.

#1 - People who talk at concerts while the music is playing - especially about dumb stuff like the kids going to school, someone coming over for dinner, situations at work, etc

#2 - people who in a crowded concert standing room only area in front of stage who have to turn around and get group photo shot with band in background - causing all the other people who are shoulder to shoulder to maneuver around while you do it. Then you trade cameras and the "fifth wheel" has to get in picture while another in your group takes the photo - FU people
I think this is when I realized I became too old to go to concerts. I was so pissed at the people talking, taking photos, dicking around on their cell phones, etc.. Why in the world would you pay for a ticket to a concert just to not listen to the music? Went to a couple shows in Milwaukee, and just determined that was the "thing" to do on a weekend night, and it wasn't much to do with seeing the band.
:yes: Telling everyone you are/were there is more important than being there.

Baloney Sandwich said:
Statcruncher said:

* Driving in the left hand lane without passing anyone (blacks)

* People who try to get on an elevator before letting people out (asians)

* People who watch for 5 minutes as the clerk scans their groceries but don't get their wallet/purse out until after being told the amount (mexicans)

don't be a hater
:mellow:
When you see things like this please report it so it can be taken care of.

This is hardly new. I remember being pissed off when the Beatles were on Ed Sullivan. I couldn't hear the music for all the screaming idiots. And it's still the same.

Baloney Sandwich said:
Statcruncher said:

* Driving in the left hand lane without passing anyone (blacks)

* People who try to get on an elevator before letting people out (asians)

* People who watch for 5 minutes as the clerk scans their groceries but don't get their wallet/purse out until after being told the amount (mexicans)

don't be a hater
:mellow:
When you see things like this please report it so it can be taken care of.
WOAH~!!!

FBG MODERATOR in the house

Try liking post-rock and going to a lot of NY shows in the mid-aughts when it got popular.

Terrible. Hey, Mogwai is playing a fifteen-minute slow burner. Might not want to chat about the guy/girl at work.

95% of the FFA doesn't know the difference between then/than.
FFA is pretty literate. You'd be surprised away from it. I'm stunned when somebody misses a their/there/they're or it's/its, or anything like that. This place is pretty darn good when it comes to that stuff.

This is hardly new. I remember being pissed off when the Beatles were on Ed Sullivan. I couldn't hear the music for all the screaming idiots. And it's still the same.
At least that was excitement about the band and people where there for them, obnoxious as it is.

Something has changed (I admit, probably just me getting old and grumpy). Like Christo said, it's seems more status and being able to tell people you were at the show. People used to sit on the sides/bleachers and talk and it wasn't as bothersome. Now people are on the floor and towards the front doing this, and it is worse than going to a movie - I have to look through a sea of ####in' cell phones to watch the band. Damn kids!! :rant:

FFA is pretty literate. You'd be surprised away from it. I'm stunned when somebody misses a their/there/they're or it's/its, or anything like that. This place is pretty darn good when it comes to that stuff.
Not in this case. It is a noteworthy occurrence if someone doesn't use then when they should be using than.
Perhaps I'm taking the bait, but the the only "then" I saw was used correctly.

But, hey, if that's your pet peeve...

Statcruncher said:

And to the elevator point, people who get out of the elevator slowly so that the last one blocks anyone from entering or stopping the door from closing and doesn't bother to hold the door so that the elevator closes and leaves.

Cjw_55106 said:
People that "could care less". Hey moron, if you could care less, that means you do care on some level...which is not what you are going for. "I couldn't care less" is what you are looking for here.
This is one I could care less about.

Not in this case. It is a noteworthy occurrence if someone doesn't use then when they should be using than.
Perhaps I'm taking the bait, but the the only "then" I saw was used correctly.

But, hey, if that's your pet peeve...
I'm not pointing out anything specific. In general, most of the FFA will use "then" when making a comparative statement.

Dudes who walk around the locker room with an erection.
Old naked guys in gym locker rooms. I get that it's a locker room and I may occassionally catch a glimpse of some guys junk but is it really necessary to parade around the locker room completely naked? I swear once guys hits 60 they just don't seem to give a #### anymore. Guys shaving or brushing their teeth completely naked. Two naked guys standing in middle of the locker room having a conversation...wtf?

Old naked guys in gym locker rooms. I get that it's a locker room and I may occassionally catch a glimpse of some guys junk but is it really necessary to parade around the locker room completely naked? I swear once guys hits 60 they just don't seem to give a #### anymore. Guys shaving or brushing their teeth completely naked. Two naked guys standing in middle of the locker room having a conversation...wtf?
I get what you're saying, especially when they dry their junk with the locker room hair dryer.

But I also envy those guys. They're free in a way you and I can't comprehend.

2) Drivers trying to make a left turn from a side street onto a major street, and insist on waiting for both sides to be clear before turning (or, pulling out halfway and completely blocking traffic coming from their left). Major streets here have a center "chicken lane", double yellow striped on both sides, for turning into and out of for left-hand turns. You're supposed to wait for traffic to clear on the left, pull into the center lane parallel to traffic, and wait there for traffic coming the other way to clear. That way you can merge into it at speed.

3) Drivers who miss their turn or are in the wrong lane who insist on correcting their mistake immediately at the cost of other drivers. Like, from all the way at the left, realize "I should be in the right hand lane" and slam the brakes and stop and wait for five lanes of traffic to let them in. Or someone who's in the wrong lane to make a right turn trying to force their way over. I saw some idiot miss his exit and reverse down the freeway shoulder for over 500 feet trying to get back to his exit. Everyone, pay attention: just keep going and get the next one. I promise, the roads all connect. You can get there from here.
This guy's flashy, "on-off, on-off" mess of an icon.

People that don't answer their phone. You text 1000 times a day. You post on Facebook. I know you have your phone on you. Answer it.

I find the one that people don't understand is could/would/should HAVE not could/would/should of

And then dominant/dominate is also oddly never used correctly.

Are you kidding me? The only reason I have for even trying to live until I am 60 is to walk around with my old balls hanging out and making the next generation uncomfortable. This is a right of passage into senility and you, Sir, are a #### for trying to take that away.

Are you kidding me? The only reason I have for even trying to live until I am 60 is to walk around with my old balls hanging out and making the next generation uncomfortable. This is a right of passage into senility and you, Sir, are a #### for trying to take that away.
This is why I avoid gyms. At all costs.

Users who are viewing this thread