What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Can we discuss pet peeves here? (1 Viewer)

Dudes who walk around the locker room with an erection.
Old naked guys in gym locker rooms. I get that it's a locker room and I may occassionally catch a glimpse of some guys junk but is it really necessary to parade around the locker room completely naked? I swear once guys hits 60 they just don't seem to give a #### anymore. Guys shaving or brushing their teeth completely naked. Two naked guys standing in middle of the locker room having a conversation...wtf?
Are you kidding me? The only reason I have for even trying to live until I am 60 is to walk around with my old balls hanging out and making the next generation uncomfortable. This is a right of passage into senility and you, Sir, are a #### for trying to take that away.
:lmao:

People who slow/inconvenience others without a thought:

* Driving in the left hand lane without passing anyone (blacks)

* People who try to get on an elevator before letting people out (asians)

* People who watch for 5 minutes as the clerk scans their groceries but don't get their wallet/purse out until after being told the amount (mexicans)

Just a few examples of people who need to wake the F up and quit being dooshes.
don't be a hater
:mellow:
When you see things like this please report it so it can be taken care of.
WOAH~!!!

FBG MODERATOR in the house
Yes, and well oiled with 53 posts since '03.

SBD - Silent but deadly ...

People with 23 items in the 15 items or less lane.

Idiots that can't comprehend or read road signs that say EXIT ONLY for 2 miles, then switch lanes last second because that lane is an EXIT ONLY lane.

Stands-too-close-in-line guy. Standing close enough to breath on me will not get you out of Wawa faster, back up out of my space #######.

People with kids who throw tantrums in public. Is this due to bad parenting or defective kids?
speaking of this, and they usually go gand in hand, the damn "counter" parents must be stopped. "1, 2, 3...I said put that down or we are leaving! 1, 2, 3, ... put that down", etc, etc keep starting the count over without doing a single thing to make the kid stop being stupid.

People who talk about their religion.

People who cut others off while speaking.

People who spread cow manure upwind on windy days.

People who take forever to order in the drive-thru. Happens all the time. I try to imagine what the conversation is like. I give up after 90 seconds yet these people are ordering for 2-3 minutes. Ordering their food takes longer then preparing it.

Why can't you put your shopping cart away in the parking lot? Is it really that much work to walk 15 feet and slide it into the rack? It drives me nuts when looking for a parking spot and there's 10 carts just littered throughout the lot.

People who honk obnoxiously in heavy traffic. Who exactly are you honking at and where exactly would you like them to go?!

Cashiers who hand over your change with coins stacked on top of the bills.

People in parking lots who walk down the middle of the driving lane.

People who cross a lane with traffic waiting and do it at a shallow angle so they are blocking traffic for 10-15 steps when they could have gotten out of the way in 2-3 steps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why can't you put your shopping cart away in the parking lot? Is it really that much work to walk 15 feet and slide it into the rack? It drives me nuts when looking for a parking spot and there's 10 carts just littered throughout the lot.
I always assumed this was just a Mexican thing. Does this happen everywhere?

People at the gym who run on the treadmill at an impressive 10+mph, but are hunched over and supporting half their weight on the handrails and basically floating over the treadmill. Guys, please stop, you aren't impressing anyone.

People at the gym who move an impressive amount of weight (say 250+ pounds on the bench) but go through a range of motion of about 3 inches. Guys, please stop, you aren't impressing anyone. Especially you, old guy from Benny Hill, who knocks out 100 reps of everything with a not-so-impressive amount of weight and a 1 inch range of motion.

Highly perfumed women at the gym, hate it, totally knocks me out of my "angry mode". Can't bring myself to tell them to stop though.

People who start their cars while still having the car door open and one leg outside of the car. I don't know why this bothers me, but I've always thought people who do this must be stupid.

Women with angel wing tattoos. I don't care how well the thing is drawn, nothing screams "I'm an uncultured idiot" more than a back with angel wings.

Also, anyone who wears North Face most of the week. Just wrap yourself in bubble wrap and paint "I A BORING" across your chest instead. Actually, that would be kinda interesting. Far more interesting than a white chick rocking monochrome North Face like she never left the slopes.

People that don't answer their phone. You text 1000 times a day. You post on Facebook. I know you have your phone on you. Answer it.
The exact opposite of this.

My pet peeve is people that bring up the fact that I never answer my phone when they see me in person, as if I'm obligated to. Umm...sorry? What do you expect to come from that conversation? Some deep regret and epiphany on my part? If whatever you're calling about is that important, you'll leave a voicemail, send a follow-up text, or even send an email. I am not the kind of guy to drop what I'm doing and answer my phone, or even worse, answer it in public. The exception would be when someone is calling me and it makes me go "that person wouldn't call unless it was really important".

Yeah phone conversations are obsolete now. With mobile phones, more often than not, I'm too busy to answer the phone. Just send what you need to say in a text.

People that don't answer their phone. You text 1000 times a day. You post on Facebook. I know you have your phone on you. Answer it.

My pet peeve is people that bring up the fact that I never answer my phone when they see me in person, as if I'm obligated to. Umm...sorry? What do you expect to come from that conversation? Some deep regret and epiphany on my part? If whatever you're calling about is that important, you'll leave a voicemail, send a follow-up text, or even send an email. I am not the kind of guy to drop what I'm doing and answer my phone, or even worse, answer it in public. The exception would be when someone is calling me and it makes me go "that person wouldn't call unless it was really important".
Fine, I'll be in the exact middle of this. I hate people that don't answer their phones when I call. If I'm calling you, pick up. I also hate people that wonder why I didn't answer my phone when they call. I'll get to you when I can.

Actually, I mostly just hate people.

My pet peeve is people that bring up the fact that I never answer my phone when they see me in person, as if I'm obligated to.
This happens to me all the time. I'm like dude, I wasn't home when you called.

Women with angel wing tattoos. I don't care how well the thing is drawn, nothing screams "I'm an uncultured idiot" more than a back with angel wings.

Also, anyone who wears North Face most of the week. Just wrap yourself in bubble wrap and paint "I A BORING" across your chest instead. Actually, that would be kinda interesting. Far more interesting than a white chick rocking monochrome North Face like she never left the slopes.
'

See: 90's, Patagonia vests.

People at the gym who run on the treadmill at an impressive 10+mph, but are hunched over and supporting half their weight on the handrails and basically floating over the treadmill. Guys, please stop, you aren't impressing anyone.

People at the gym who move an impressive amount of weight (say 250+ pounds on the bench) but go through a range of motion of about 3 inches. Guys, please stop, you aren't impressing anyone. Especially you, old guy from Benny Hill, who knocks out 100 reps of everything with a not-so-impressive amount of weight and a 1 inch range of motion.

Highly perfumed women at the gym, hate it, totally knocks me out of my "angry mode". Can't bring myself to tell them to stop though.
Stop watching people at the gym.

Stop watching people at the gym.
The only acceptable place to watch someone in the gym is in the locker room.

People with kids who throw tantrums in public. Is this due to bad parenting or defective kids?
speaking of this, and they usually go gand in hand, the damn "counter" parents must be stopped. "1, 2, 3...I said put that down or we are leaving! 1, 2, 3, ... put that down", etc, etc keep starting the count over without doing a single thing to make the kid stop being stupid.
Sorry, its not the counting that fails, it's the lack of enforcement that fails. You enforce when you count, it works. It's not different that the parents that don't count and fail to follow through on consequences. "Put that down or we're leaving!" (Doesn't put it down) "I said put that down or we're leaving!" (doesn't put it down) Parent finally takes item from child and puts it back. "Stop touching things! You are going to get it when we get home!"

Bad parenting is bad parenting, but counting works when done right. HTH

bagging up your dogs poop and leaving the bag . Some people pick these up when they are leaving but more often than not I see these thrown into a bush off trail.

taking two lanes to make a turn when you are not driving an oversized vehicle.

People who take forever to order in the drive-thru. Happens all the time. I try to imagine what the conversation is like. I give up after 90 seconds yet these people are ordering for 2-3 minutes. Ordering their food takes longer then preparing it.
Oh man. Stopped in quick at a fast-food joint with my date. Couple of chatty hairdos in the line ahead of us. Gossiping chick talk about nothing. Line is kind of long, a good 3-4 minutes before we're close to the counter. Only the one register is open, and the hairdos are on deck with the two of us behind them.

I can see it happening. It was like a premonition from the future. I'm sure you all know where this story is going... register opens up, cashier says "Next!", hairdos walk over, and one turns to the other and says "What are you gonna have?" "Oh, I dunno, what are you gonna have?" "Oh, I dunno." Then they look up to the menu board and start looking it over.

:wall:

Slow people at the salad bar. I'm not sure why but some people seem to get hit by a tranquilizer as soon as they pick up the tongs.

Places that don't cool their coffee before putting it in the iced coffee dispenser. And you gotta love how they charge more for a large iced coffee than for a medium when basically that's what it is. A medium coffee with ice thus making it seem larger.

Subway conductors who don't realize they have to push the button before they talk.

Able neighbors who don't think they have to contribute to the community's duty to shovel the sidewalk in front of their residence.

Parents at youth sports...shut up and let them play.

Loud music at an intersection(do you really have to dance too?):thudthudthud:

Fat girls in tight clothes.

$12 drinks

Swirving into my lane to make a turn

Incompitence

I'm getting old

:bag:

Sorry, its not the counting that fails, it's the lack of enforcement that fails. You enforce when you count, it works. It's not different that the parents that don't count and fail to follow through on consequences. "Put that down or we're leaving!" (Doesn't put it down) "I said put that down or we're leaving!" (doesn't put it down) Parent finally takes item from child and puts it back. "Stop touching things! You are going to get it when we get home!"Bad parenting is bad parenting, but counting works when done right. HTH
sure, if you count once and consequences happen. in my limited observations, it is the idiot parents who do this and just keep counting, looking like bigger tools. you are right; it is about consequences.

just never understood the counting thing in general. why tell my kid to stop something and proceed to give him 5 more seconds to keep doing it? :shrug:

Jayrok said:
People that toss their cigarette butts on the ground or out their car window.
How about the dbag who uses his car ashtray but when it is full he pulls up to a stop sign and dumps the entire ashtray out in the street? :rant:
wtf? this actually happens?

shouldn't be surprised, but I am still shocked when I see people smoking in the car with kids in there with them. don't understand the mentality.

Jayrok said:
People that toss their cigarette butts on the ground or out their car window.
How about the dbag who uses his car ashtray but when it is full he pulls up to a stop sign and dumps the entire ashtray out in the street? :rant:
wtf? this actually happens?

shouldn't be surprised, but I am still shocked when I see people smoking in the car with kids in there with them. don't understand the mentality.
This always gets me :hot:

####### Idiots!!!

Cunk said:
Slow people at the salad bar. I'm not sure why but some people seem to get hit by a tranquilizer as soon as they pick up the tongs.

Places that don't cool their coffee before putting it in the iced coffee dispenser. And you gotta love how they charge more for a large iced coffee than for a medium when basically that's what it is. A medium coffee with ice thus making it seem larger.

Subway conductors who don't realize they have to push the button before they talk.

Able neighbors who don't think they have to contribute to the community's duty to shovel the sidewalk in front of their residence.
People who are irked by stuff like this.

Users who are viewing this thread