What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Can we discuss pet peeves here? (5 Viewers)

Another thing you see often these days is the spark off the road in front of you because some butthole tossed his butt out the window at night. You hope it doesn't spark under your car leading to a made for tv movie explosion, but there's nothing you can do about it.
You honestly think a spark from a stray cigarette can cause a car to explode?
What the hell bro, yea! Didn't you ever see Chuck Norris movies?

Haven't read the thread and assume it's been mentioned but people who don't use proper English. I don't mean fully proper grammar but words like their, they're, there

How difficult is it?

Mine for the day:

People who don't understand the concept of an "up" & "down" button for the elevator. If you press both buttons and you're going down, an elevator on the way up will stop at your floor, this doesn't help you, idiot! Then you look like a complete maroon when the door opens, the 3 people in there don't get out, & you say "Durrrr, is this going down?"
At least once every other week :hot: :rant:

Mine for the day:

People who don't understand the concept of an "up" & "down" button for the elevator. If you press both buttons and you're going down, an elevator on the way up will stop at your floor, this doesn't help you, idiot! Then you look like a complete maroon when the door opens, the 3 people in there don't get out, & you say "Durrrr, is this going down?"
I love when "heavier" folks take the elevator up or down 1 floor.

You could use the work...trust me.

Mine for the day:

Or circle the parking lot like a vulture until they find the closest parking spot.

Mine for the day:

Or circle the parking lot like a vulture until they find the closest parking spot.
:goodposting:

Forgot to add to the above, bonus points for a "last meal" sized tray of food from the workplace cafeteria.

Another thing you see often these days is the spark off the road in front of you because some butthole tossed his butt out the window at night. You hope it doesn't spark under your car leading to a made for tv movie explosion, but there's nothing you can do about it.
It's why I said leading to a made for tv movie explosion. A vehicle carrying a load of trash hits a bump and tosses out a sewing machine that was sitting losely among the other trash in the trunk. Another guy on the side of the road a mile or so up spills a 55 gallon drum of paint thinner trying to get it out of his trunk. Another vehicle, like a mail truck, comes by and runs over the sewing machine and drags it along the road underneath his truck causing it to spark. When his truck reaches the paint thinner spill the sparks from the metal ignite the truck into flames.

Maybe the tossed cigarette butt sparks as it hits some paint thinner that someone carelessly spilled on the street causing a fire and the car following the butt tosser panics and stops his car on top of the burning substance. His car may be leaking a little gas in the fuel line somewhere and the flames ignite the gas in the line and tank. :shrug:

Movies/shows with titles having an "-ing" verb and a person's name

Saving Silverman

Saving Private Ryan

Saving Mr. Banks

Saving Lincoln

Saving Shiloh

Finding Nemo

Finding Forrester

Eating Raul

Searching for Bobby Fisher

Searching for Sugar Man

Chasing Amy

Driving Miss Daisy

Educating Rita

Waiting for Mr Goodbar
Totally agree.

Mine for the day:

They probably have no clue where the stairs even are.

Childless adults who were obviously once kids themselves condescendingly referring to other people's kids with juvenile terms like "crotchfruit".

Movies/shows with titles having an "-ing" verb and a person's name

Saving Silverman

Saving Private Ryan

Saving Mr. Banks

Saving Lincoln

Saving Shiloh

Finding Nemo

Finding Forrester

Eating Raul

Searching for Bobby Fisher

Searching for Sugar Man

Chasing Amy

Driving Miss Daisy

Educating Rita

Waiting for Mr Goodbar
Totally agree.
Totally agreeing with Mr. Cunk.

So using insulting names for children is a sign of good parenting.

I learn something new here every day.

People that don't understand a Yield sign does not supersede a green arrow.

Green arrow beats yield sign EVERY TIME!

People who say "like" in every sentence and sometimes multiple times in one sentence. I took my granddaughter to softball practice the other day with one of her classmates (both are 14), and I swear I counted 74 "likes" from her friend in the 10 minute drive to practice. I won't let my granddaughter talk that way in my presence. I can tolerate it from a 14 year old (other than my granddaughter) since I don't have to communicate with them much, but hearing it from so called educated adults is sad. How do these people find jobs? I guess those who are interviewing them also say "like" a lot, LOL. It gets to the point where all you listen for is "like" instead of what they are trying to say to you.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's why I said leading to a made for tv movie explosion. A vehicle carrying a load of trash hits a bump and tosses out a sewing machine that was sitting losely among the other trash in the trunk. Another guy on the side of the road a mile or so up spills a 55 gallon drum of paint thinner trying to get it out of his trunk. Another vehicle, like a mail truck, comes by and runs over the sewing machine and drags it along the road underneath his truck causing it to spark. When his truck reaches the paint thinner spill the sparks from the metal ignite the truck into flames.

Maybe the tossed cigarette butt sparks as it hits some paint thinner that someone carelessly spilled on the street causing a fire and the car following the butt tosser panics and stops his car on top of the burning substance. His car may be leaking a little gas in the fuel line somewhere and the flames ignite the gas in the line and tank. :shrug:
Oh the humanity!

People who say "like" in every sentence and sometimes multiple times in one sentence. I took my granddaughter to softball practice the other day with one of her classmates (both are 14), and I swear I counted 74 "likes" from her friend in the 10 minute drive to practice. I won't let my granddaughter talk that way in my presence. I can tolerate it from a 14 year old (other than my granddaughter) since I don't have to communicate with them much, but hearing it from so called educated adults is sad. How do these people find jobs? I guess those who are interviewing them also say "like" a lot, LOL. It gets to the point where all you listen for is "like" instead of what they are trying to say to you.
Probably not going to get any "likes" on this post.

Probably not going to get any "likes" on this post.
Are there a lot of likesters in the free for all?

People in the subway who stand directly on the "STAND ASIDE" sign in front of each door, then force their way in before people can get out.

People who eat potent foods on the subway.

People on the subway who blast their music so loud you can hear the drivers breaking from across the car.

People on the subway who lean in even closer to read over your shoulder.

People in the subway who sneeze, wipe their nose then grab the pole with the same hand.

People on the subway, period.

People at work who ask you to do things you've already done, which they would know if they could be bothered to read your email.

Corporate BS like SMART goals.

People who walk with an exaggerated arm swing. Extra bad if their hand is flapping around as if they have no muscles in their forearm.

People who use an extreme diet as an excuse to be anorexic. You aren't fooling anyone.

The heavy smoker in my office who tells me my diet coke is unhealthy.

People who assume you know nothing about a subject so they can blabber on and on.

Drivers who honk at other drivers waiting for pedestrians who have a walk signal.

People who throw trash on the street 5 feet from a garbage can.

People who spit in the middle of the sidewalk.

People who drive with their turn signal on permanently.

People who use e.g. incorrectly. Just stop.

Guys at the gym who walk around naked in the locker room.

Guys at the gym who will start a conversation with you while they are naked.

The guy at the gym who does his hair in front of the mirror, naked, with his feet out at shoulder width, swaying back and forth.

People at the gym who will kick you off a cardio machine after 30min because they couldn't possibly use one without a tv. There's a reason you're still fat.

People at the gym.

People who let their dog crap on trees/shrubs that have signs telling people to not let their dogs crap on the trees/shrubs.

People who bring their baby to nice restaurants. I am certain this will one day be illegal.

What do you want for dinner?

I don't care. Anything.

How about XYZ?

I don't want XYZ.

Honey, why is there a knife in with the forks?

Entertainment industry award shows. The last thing I want to see is a bunch of actors jerking each other off.

People on the internet who say your an idiot.

People who can talk about nothing but their kids. We really couldn't care less. Yes, your child is a special flower who is completely different and clearly superior to the billions who came before him. Here's your procreation medal.

I'm just getting started but have to go to a meeting.

People in the subway who stand directly on the "STAND ASIDE" sign in front of each door, then force their way in before people can get out.

People on the subway who blast their music so loud you can hear the drivers breaking from across the car.

People in the subway who sneeze, wipe their nose then grab the pole with the same hand.

The guy at the gym who does his hair in front of the mirror, naked, with his feet out at shoulder width, swaying back and forth.

People at the gym who will kick you off a cardio machine after 30min because they couldn't possibly use one without a tv. There's a reason you're still fat.

People at the gym.
maybe avoid the subway and the gym

I call someone and get their voicemail so I leave a message.

Them: Did you need something, was it important?

Me: Yes, that's why I left you a message.

Them: I saw you left a message but didn't play it, what did you want?

I have one friend that does this about 70% of the time and another 10% of the time he calls back as I'm leaving the message.

I have one friend that does this about 70% of the time and another 10% of the time he calls back as I'm leaving the message.
Worse than the message being "Hey, it's me, give me a call back when you can," and that's it? Thanks for clarifying, seeing your caller ID in my missed call list wasn't enough of a clue as to what was going on.

People at work who ask you to do things you've already done, which they would know if they could be bothered to read your email.

Corporate BS like SMART goals.

People who walk with an exaggerated arm swing. Extra bad if their hand is flapping around as if they have no muscles in their forearm.

People who use an extreme diet as an excuse to be anorexic. You aren't fooling anyone.

The heavy smoker in my office who tells me my diet coke is unhealthy.

People who assume you know nothing about a subject so they can blabber on and on.

Drivers who honk at other drivers waiting for pedestrians who have a walk signal.

People who throw trash on the street 5 feet from a garbage can.

People who spit in the middle of the sidewalk.

People who drive with their turn signal on permanently.

People who use e.g. incorrectly. Just stop.

People at the gym.

People who let their dog crap on trees/shrubs that have signs telling people to not let their dogs crap on the trees/shrubs.

People who bring their baby to nice restaurants. I am certain this will one day be illegal.

What do you want for dinner?

I don't care. Anything.

How about XYZ?

I don't want XYZ.

Honey, why is there a knife in with the forks?

Entertainment industry award shows. The last thing I want to see is a bunch of actors jerking each other off.

People on the internet who say your an idiot.

People who can talk about nothing but their kids. We really couldn't care less. Yes, your child is a special flower who is completely different and clearly superior to the billions who came before him. Here's your procreation medal.

I'm just getting started but have to go to a meeting.
Really long posts without a punchline at the end. Thanks, Tim.

Able bodied adults who hit the handicapped button on doors. You're not at Wal-Mart you slovenly ****, open the door like a normal person. Stop wasting heating/cooling and wearing on the device and leave it for someone who may actually need to use it.

People at restaurants who cusomize the hell out of everything they order. There's a reason items on menus have the specific ingredients they do.

JohnnyU said:
I hate it, I start doing the counting thing as well, which doesn't help the cause.

even worse is seeing it in like written form. I have seen way too many posts, messages, emails that have it in there. :wall:

Statcruncher said:

especially when its a pretty detailed message you left and now they want you to repeat it?

Able bodied adults who hit the handicapped button on doors. You're not at Wal-Mart you slovenly ****, open the door like a normal person. Stop wasting heating/cooling and wearing on the device and leave it for someone who may actually need to use it.

People at restaurants who cusomize the hell out of everything they order. There's a reason items on menus have the specific ingredients they do.
Able bodied people riding handicap scooters.

plus people who ask the server "what is in that? is there refined flour in it? does that contain turmeric?"

just eat it #####

plus people who ask the server "what is in that? is there refined flour in it? does that contain turmeric?"

just eat it #####
Seriously. If it might kill you, don't order it. Or do order it, and let's let evolution take its course. People should be more willing to do their part for the betterment of humanity.

At my wife's workplace, they were instructed to NEVER pull the door open, always use the button. Apparently pulling the door is bad for the mechanism. Now if they have a choice between handicapped door and regular door, then sure, use the regular door. But I'm not so sure pulling a handicapped accessible door open saves the device.

Drivers who seem to have no depth perception. They stop 10 feet short at lights. They slow down way too fast with tons of space before the next car.

I often have to go around people like this to avoid pressing my brakes too hard, and I'm not a tailgater at all (always 2 seconds behind).

Statcruncher said:

People like you who leave messages :wall:

I saw you called. I'll call you back. If you have a message for me, send a text.

You guys need visual voicemail. Someone leaves you a message and you press a button to listen to it (no calling for voicemails). Even better, some visual voicemail apps put it in a text for you. So in 3 seconds you know what they said.

You guys need visual voicemail. Someone leaves you a message and you press a button to listen to it (no calling for voicemails). Even better, some visual voicemail apps put it in a text for you. So in 3 seconds you know what they said.
All depends on your carrier. My previous one was fine. It would download the message for you and it was just like playing an audio file. Now I have to call in to get a voicemail. Even with the password saved into the speed dial, it takes a good 2 minutes to listen to a 5 second message. Annoying as ####.

All depends on your carrier. My previous one was fine. It would download the message for you and it was just like playing an audio file. Now I have to call in to get a voicemail. Even with the password saved into the speed dial, it takes a good 2 minutes to listen to a 5 second message. Annoying as ####.
So answer your phone, then it wouldn't be an issue.

People who ##### about the price of gas going up. You mean it went up 10cents/gallon and you had to spend a whopping $2 extra at the pump???!!!

nevermind the same people usually follow that up by going in and getting cigarettes, lotto tickets or don't seem to mind spending $8/gallon on bottled water or soda.

People who ##### about the price of gas going up. You mean it went up 10cents/gallon and you had to spend a whopping $2 extra at the pump???!!!

nevermind the same people usually follow that up by going in and getting cigarettes, lotto tickets or don't seem to mind spending $8/gallon on bottled water or soda.
Agree. I think it's the psychology of paying more for the same thing with no additional benefit for a reason outside of your control. It's nearly impossible to cut it out of the budget or shop around for a better deal.

I like it when they drive all over town trying to save 5 cents a gallon and then brag about it.

Statcruncher said:

I do this.

If it's something that didn't need a conversation, then they would've texted. If it needs a conversation, I don't see the point of making 2 more calls (one to VM, one back to them) make that happen.

Statcruncher said:

People like you who leave messages :wall:

I saw you called. I'll call you back. If you have a message for me, send a text.
Pick up the GD phone. If I call I want to talk.

Users who are viewing this thread