What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Can we discuss pet peeves here? (5 Viewers)

Unsalted cashews. Why?

Bought a whole bag of them not reading the fine print. This is going to be a chore.
You can add salt. I know, not the same, but still. Also use em to make a pesto or in some indian dish or some ****

Yeah, I could do that. Complaining is just so much easier.

Also, probably better for fat guys like me to cut out all salt.
Buy some cocoa powder wet the cashews just ever slightly put powder and cashews into a Ziploc bag. Shake and enjoy!

balsamic vinegar and confectioner's sugar (powdered sugar)

I prefer salt to sweet. I don't want these to taste like candy, I want them to drive me to drink more beer.

Unsalted cashews. Why?

Bought a whole bag of them not reading the fine print. This is going to be a chore.
You can add salt. I know, not the same, but still. Also use em to make a pesto or in some indian dish or some ****

Buy some cocoa powder wet the cashews just ever slightly put powder and cashews into a Ziploc bag. Shake and enjoy!

I prefer salt to sweet. I don't want these to taste like candy, I want them to drive me to drink more beer.
balance the vinegar, sugar, and salt as you see fit (y)

proceed to watch the entire concert on your phone screen rather than just enjoy said concert?
I am in the same boat for confusion. I see people do this all the time and I can't understand it. It totally takes you out of the moment you paid to see. I tried to film a few things in the moment to see what all the hub bub was about. I have never gone back to watch them and I always felt like I missed the moment itself. After one or two attempts at this I decided never again. I paid to be there to experience so I might as well actually experience it.
I video my daughter's dance recitals (for out of town grandparents to watch later) but I only do the dances she's in, and I just point and shoot - I'm watching the performance, not the screen so if she moves off frame or if someone in the row in front shifts and their head is now in the way or something, oops...

Do people actually go home and watch the videos of the concert on repeat?

I took a small video at the Radiohead concert here a few years ago and had sort of forgotten I did that. I was going through my phone looking at videos, played that one and realized: 1) I was pretty high/drunk and the quality reflected it and B) it was so poorly done I just deleted it.

My memories of the show are alive and well.....glad I didn't try and take more video of it.

I took a small video at the Radiohead concert here a few years ago and had sort of forgotten I did that. I was going through my phone looking at videos, played that one and realized: 1) I was pretty high/drunk and the quality reflected it and B) it was so poorly done I just deleted it.

My memories of the show are alive and well.....glad I didn't try and take more video of it.

went to a train concert in Napa last july. actually found it on YouTube and will throw that on sometimes.

don't attend a lot of concerts but I went to an Avenged Sevenfold concert last week with my son, paid for good floor seats, and an idiot in front me essentially videoed the entire show on his iPhone, holding it up nice and high, blocking my view for most of the show
A friend of mine that goes to a lot of concerts has a good compromise. He will record one (1) song on his phone to show others that were not at the show. I myself like to see how the current band looks and sounds plus the stage setup.

But he's not standing there like an obnoxious doofus the whole damn show.

proceed to watch the entire concert on your phone screen rather than just enjoy said concert?
I am in the same boat for confusion. I see people do this all the time and I can't understand it. It totally takes you out of the moment you paid to see. I tried to film a few things in the moment to see what all the hub bub was about. I have never gone back to watch them and I always felt like I missed the moment itself. After one or two attempts at this I decided never again. I paid to be there to experience so I might as well actually experience it.
Had this moment big time at Dirk's final game. No way in hell was I going to take out a phone and not just be there. Literally cried a little.

And, for anything you actually want to rewatch, there's likely Youtube.

Obvious exception for family videos of family events like your kid running around without pants and a plastic golf club or what have you lol

Unsalted cashews. Why?

also could grind/puree them and do:
cashew "pate"
hummus
crusted fish
in pie crust
etc

went to a train concert in Napa last july. actually found it on YouTube and will throw that on sometimes.

Video that you took?

Video that you took?

no, though i did take one of their cover of hotel California

I want to tease you for liking Train but, uh, I kind of like them too. :bag:

they are very fun live, have a deep playlist, do a ot of covers, and it doesn't hurt for me that they are a bay area band. i don't love everything they do, but most

There's a lot of cringe. That mister mister song is an abomination. But they've got some very catchy tunes on their early albums.

Why in God's name would you pay good money for floor seats to a concert and then proceed to watch the entire concert on your phone screen rather than just enjoy said concert? Makes absolutely no sense to me.

It's totally baffling. I'll take my phone out once or twice to get a pic, but that's it. Luckily the video recording doesn't happen at a lot of shows I attend. Although a show I went to last year, some drunk woman facetimed the entire show to her drunk daughter that got kicked out of the venue.

I work evenings in a liquor store which also sells lottery tickets; do Not say these two things!
  1. Can I get a lottery ticket? Make it the winning one! haha, sooo funny and original. No dumbass, if I had that kind of power I would use it for myself and then find where you work and buy the b business just so I can fire you.
  2. That bottle of thunderbird didn't ring up? It must be free today! Why yes, yes it is...you know what else is free today? The ambulance ride to the hospital your gonna need after I chuck this bottle at your head.

Thunderbird is still around??

I work evenings in a liquor store which also sells lottery tickets; do Not say these two things!
  1. Can I get a lottery ticket? Make it the winning one! haha, sooo funny and original. No dumbass, if I had that kind of power I would use it for myself and then find where you work and buy the b business just so I can fire you.
  2. That bottle of thunderbird didn't ring up? It must be free today! Why yes, yes it is...you know what else is free today? The ambulance ride to the hospital your gonna need after I chuck this bottle at your head.

I think you might be manager material

We have like 5 or 6 of these types of water bottles https://www.amazon.com/MIRA-Stainle...pcontext&ref_=fplfs&psc=1&smid=A1VTL0E3D1XGSP

They are all from different events - a YMCA 5K, a gift from NPR, swag from a conference, etc.

Every ****ing lid looks the same, but is different. And just different enough that the thing either screws shut in a way that is impossible to unscrew, or screws on in a way that seem good, only to leak water when it is not upright.

Isn't there one giant plant in China that makes all these?

Looking it up it looks like unfortunately no. I did find this description though for those interested in it's taste:

What does Thunderbird wine taste like?

Thunderbird was described by one drinker as tasting like "what your hand smells like after you pump gas." Like Night Train, it has an alcohol content of 17.5 percent and it definitely puts the "ill" in swill.

Ad from 1969:

Last edited:
Unsalted cashews. Why?

Unsalted cashews. Why?

Unsalted cashews. Why?

Shark move I’ve discovered… I’m a Spanish peanut lover and have found that Kroger has the freshest , but very lightly salted. I drizzle a little peanut oil on them and salt with popcorn salt. Shake and whalah! Delish!

I might pull my phone out and capture like 30 seconds of a song or two. Rarely watch it

also fine with artists like MJK and others who just completely disallow it. I know he worked “put your ****ing phone away dickhead” into the middle of a Tool concert recently

Not that I'm aware of, used it for illustrative purposes. They do still make MD 20/20 however.

I might pull my phone out and capture like 30 seconds of a song or two. Rarely watch it

also fine with artists like MJK and others who just completely disallow it. I know he worked “put your ****ing phone away dickhead” into the middle of a Tool concert recently
The only thing more annoying than the videographers are the self righteous performers who charge you $200 to see them sing and dance only to have them lecture you about how to watch them. There's nothing more pretentious than a millionaire acting like their art is too important to not be paid attention to by the people who literally made them millionaires. You're not paying me dickhead, I'm paying you. Just do your job and shut up.

Word

Not that I'm aware of, used it for illustrative purposes. They do still make MD 20/20 however.
****, they discontinued Night Train too!

Unsalted cashews. Why?

Unsalted cashews. Why?

Unsalted cashews. Why?

Shark move I’ve discovered… I’m a Spanish peanut lover and have found that Kroger has the freshest , but very lightly salted. I drizzle a little peanut oil on them and salt with popcorn salt. Shake and whalah! Delish!
One of my pet peeves is people who don't know how to spell voila. :laugh:

Unsalted cashews. Why?

Unsalted cashews. Why?

Unsalted cashews. Why?

Who cares. Just call it a big violin instead

Unsalted cashews. Why?

Unsalted cashews. Why?

Unsalted cashews. Why?

I took five years of French. Don't care. I often pronounce it like the musical instrument. So there.

Unsalted cashews. Why?

Unsalted cashews. Why?

Unsalted cashews. Why?

Who cares. Just call it a big violin instead
Ooo- snap!

Unsalted cashews. Why?

Unsalted cashews. Why?

Unsalted cashews. Why?

That's the joke
Chow!

Unsalted cashews. Why?

Unsalted cashews. Why?

Unsalted cashews. Why?

That's the joke
Chow!
Frank Viola!

Unsalted cashews. Why?

Unsalted cashews. Why?

Unsalted cashews. Why?

That's the joke
Chow!
Frank Viola!
Bass ball pitcher

Unsalted cashews. Why?

Unsalted cashews. Why?

Unsalted cashews. Why?

That's the joke
Chow!
Frank Viola!
Bass ball pitcher

Catfish Hunter

Unsalted cashews. Why?

Unsalted cashews. Why?

Unsalted cashews. Why?

That's the joke
Chow!
Frank Viola!
My favorite Oscar Winning actress Voila Davis

Another complaint about streaming services. Stop making me scroll down to find my watchlist. I selected those shows for future viewing. I don't want to watch your original programming -- if I did, I would have added it to my watchlist. Just take my money and let me watch the stuff I want to watch. Don't deliberately hide the stuff I told you I wanted to watch.

Unsalted cashews. Why?

Unsalted cashews. Why?

Unsalted cashews. Why?

Or pronounce it: "Wah-lah!"

At the other extreme, people who overpronounce foreign words. I once met a woman who would pronounce every foreign city the way the locals do: "Ham-BOREsh", "Bar-theh-loan-ah", "Boo-da-pesht", etc. If you're talking about some obscure foreign town that no one's heard of, fine, use the native pronunciation. But "Paris" and "Rome" are English words, so don't try to show off with "Pa-REE" and "RO-ma"

Users who are viewing this thread