What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Can we discuss pet peeves here? (5 Viewers)

Turns out parking in front of my driveway when they came to see the house wasnt just a one off fluke.

Nope. They bought the house. And have parked in front of my driveway three times since.
As in parked so that if you wanted to leave your driveway you couldn’t?

Turns out parking in front of my driveway when they came to see the house wasnt just a one off fluke.

Nope. They bought the house. And have parked in front of my driveway three times since.
One time full blockage. Had to flag them down to move. Two times in the 7-8 foot range. Apparently they think once a bunch of cars are parked in the court its totally ok to just park wherever you want. Conveniently leaving their driveway fully accessible of course.

One time full blockage. Had to flag them down to move. Two times in the 7-8 foot range. Apparently they think once a bunch of cars are parked in the court it’s totally ok to just park wherever you want. Conveniently leaving their driveway fully accessible of course.
This is ridiculous. Talk to them asap..welcome to the neighborhood, but moving forward it’s not acceptable to park in front of anybody’s driveway unless it’s your own.

Next time it happens, have them move and then immediately drive your car out and park it in front of their driveway.

They seem to work fairly well if people know how to utilize them.
this is the entire crux of the issue. They are great but when 75% of the poeple have no idea how to use them properly they bog down and become problematic. it's the users not the actual item causing the problems.
Even with the morons it’s still faster than a four way stop.
so much faster

the roundabouts nearest me replaced 4-way stops and it's night/day.
My biggest issue with 4-way stops, or stops in general, is NO ONE STOPS ANYMORE!! I mean, why bother, it's just less safe. A roundabout will always be safer as the driver must always slow down.
Ironically, people stop more at roundabouts (unnecessarily, but stop nonetheless)
No chance this is true. When you come to a 4 way stop, you have to stop every single time. Multiple times if there are people in front of you. When one comes to a roundabout you only have to stop if someone is already in the roundabout. Sure, you may have to wait longer on occasion, but in general you can just squeeze you way in without ever stopping
I wish I were wrong GB. Specifically talking about the 2 recent ones put in near me - within the last few years - as discussed above. People generally didn't stop at the 4 way stop signs, mostly because there is little to no "traffic". Now that there are roundabouts, people get all flustered and stop. Maddening.

• Thanks
Reactions: JAA
this is the entire crux of the issue. They are great but when 75% of the poeple have no idea how to use them properly they bog down and become problematic. it's the users not the actual item causing the problems.
so much faster

There have been studies about them showing their efficiency in lighter traveled lower speed intersections. When some roundabouts made appearances locally people whined about them of course until they found out how well they worked. "You mean I don't have to sit at a red light for a minute to allow one car to go through?!"

One time full blockage. Had to flag them down to move. Two times in the 7-8 foot range. Apparently they think once a bunch of cars are parked in the court its totally ok to just park wherever you want. Conveniently leaving their driveway fully accessible of course.
Put out orange cones in front of your house

If that was me and I'd already warned them , I would call the city and see if I can have their vehicle towed. One round of towing/storage fees should help them see the light.

Put out orange cones in front of your house
That shouldn’t be their responsibility to do that each time and it’s ugly. The neighbor is in the wrong and needs to adapt.

Anyone that follows either ESPN and/or SportsCenter on Facebook must be getting tired of this like I am...

Pretty much every one of their posts includes TEXT IN ALL CAPS, LIKE EVERY SINGLE WORD.

I'm assuming their social media folks are some 20-somethings that don't understand that ALL CAPS = yelling. Or has that changed?

so much faster

My biggest issue with 4-way stops, or stops in general, is NO ONE STOPS ANYMORE!! I mean, why bother, it's just less safe. A roundabout will always be safer as the driver must always slow down.
Ironically, people stop more at roundabouts (unnecessarily, but stop nonetheless)
No chance this is true. When you come to a 4 way stop, you have to stop every single time. Multiple times if there are people in front of you. When one comes to a roundabout you only have to stop if someone is already in the roundabout. Sure, you may have to wait longer on occasion, but in general you can just squeeze you way in without ever stopping
You are assuming people are queued at a 4-way stop. If its just a single person, roll on through. If its just people turning right, turn on through. If its 2 people going straight pointing at each other, roll on through.

so much faster

Stupidest thing I have seen in a roundabout just happened to me on Saturday.

Road was pretty bare, just me and someone about 15 seconds behind me going the same way. I hit the roundabout and have to go 3/4 around to make the equivalent of a left-hand turn. Guy behind me hits the roundabout and makes a freaking left turn in it, almost hitting me head-on. Granted, at that speed, it would have been a minor collision but to turn left in a roundabout? With someone already in the roundabout?
whoah! Stupid, illegal, and crazy dangerous!!

have
so much faster

Stupidest thing I have seen in a roundabout just happened to me on Saturday.

Road was pretty bare, just me and someone about 15 seconds behind me going the same way. I hit the roundabout and have to go 3/4 around to make the equivalent of a left-hand turn. Guy behind me hits the roundabout and makes a freaking left turn in it, almost hitting me head-on. Granted, at that speed, it would have been a minor collision but to turn left in a roundabout? With someone already in the roundabout.
have definitely seen this happen. only one time but it was almost too much for my brain to handle seeing it unfold.

People who can actually sing good doing karaoke nights. It’s supposed to be fun for off key amateurs, not an American Idol audition.
Those guys work the karaoke circuit. We were out one night and we were next to a group of them. We could hear them talk about the "circuit" and what place has the karaoke the next night and what days they are at what place. It's crazy.

People who can actually sing good doing karaoke nights. It’s supposed to be fun for off key amateurs, not an American Idol audition.
Those guys work the karaoke circuit. We were out one night and we were next to a group of them. We could hear them talk about the "circuit" and what place has the karaoke the next night and what days they are at what place. It's crazy.
Effing nerds.

Another truth bomb:
Airbnbs are so funny to me because “sleeps 8” could mean 8 people get their own bed or it could mean someone’s gonna have to sleep on top of the refrigerator
We stayed at one that “sleeps 9” a few weeks ago, and it was perfect for the 6 we had. I can see how it would fit 7 or a really tight 8, but I have no clue where the 9th would have gone.

Wait until you guys discover how they describe tent sizes.

Dog owners are the new cigarette smokers.

You will literally complain about anything and everything.
1.Smokers
2.Dog owners
3.Cyclists

The first and third groups have long been designated as inconsiderate and entitled.

Since the great dog buying rush of 2020, dog owners have vaulted up the charts.

Super comparable to smokers. They frequently leave their stinky butts on the path. They don't care when their actions adversely affect others, because they are mostly oblivious to it. Many of them can't afford it. Their furniture smells. I can't prove this one, but I bet they use those little floss/toothpick things and throw them in parking lots. They swear that their dog won't hurt their kids, because they are smart about it. Their cars smell.

Do not go to Korea.

I dont karaoke because NO ONE wants to hear me especially me..... but if I had a great voice I would totally go crush some karaoke to make the ladies swoon :lol:

I dont karaoke because NO ONE wants to hear me especially me..... but if I had a great voice I would totally go crush some karaoke to make the ladies swoon :lol:
#6 ranked on the circuit.

My voice is so bad there isn't enough alcohol in the world to get me to sing karaoke.....

i like roundabouts :shrug:

not sure if 100% accurate but i think Wisconsin has the most in the US... maybe? there are a lot of newly constructed roundabouts where i live and more going in all the time. it has helped traffic flow tremendously.
I was in Madison - or just outside... Sun Prairie - a couple of months ago and they had put one in recently near the new apartment project I was a part of. They seem to work fairly well if people know how to utilize them.
I drive from Verona to Middleton 5 days a week and go through a few roundabouts everyday. They've been there long enough 95% plus of the people know how to use them and it's fantastic. Traffic flows so much better than the 4 way stops that I hit going the other direction. Those are a nightmare. Team roundabout here.

so much faster

In Wisconsin everybody stops and 25% of the people go too early. 25% of the people are the extra polite people that want to waive everyone through. Those people really muck it up.

Another truth bomb:
Airbnbs are so funny to me because “sleeps 8” could mean 8 people get their own bed or it could mean someone’s gonna have to sleep on top of the refrigerator
We stayed at one that “sleeps 9” a few weeks ago, and it was perfect for the 6 we had. I can see how it would fit 7 or a really tight 8, but I have no clue where the 9th would have gone.

Wait until you guys discover how they describe tent sizes.
learned this lesson the hard way

so much faster

In Wisconsin everybody stops and 25% of the people go too early. 25% of the people are the extra polite people that want to waive everyone through. Those people really muck it up.
That's 50% of the people at 4 way stops in the South where I am. Cars stacked up in all 4 directions:
1. South goes through
2. West goes through
3. North goes through
4. East waves to South to go ahead, South waves back because it's East's turn
5. East keeps waving, so South finally goes.
6. West starts to go bc he knows he's after South, but East starts to go as well. Both stop, then start waving the other through.
7. Car #2 behind East starts laying on the horn.
8. Car #2 behind West starts honking.
9. North gets impatient and barrels through the wave-off.
10. I roll eyes and wonder why I haven't found an alternate route to work because this happens almost every single morning.

Sounds like instead of a stop sign or a roundabout, you rural folks need whats called a traffic light. Maybe petition bring it up to Sheriff Andy next time you see him in the diner.

I prefer round-a-bout over light every day of the week and twice on Sundays
That's only because there is so much less traffic on Sundays that you are stuck at the light for too long waiting for the light to change to let you go even though there is nobody else at the intersection.

I now have two no soliciting signs. One is a garden sign and one is a sticker on my storm door and I still had an MFer knock on my door today

I now have two no soliciting signs. One is a garden sign and one is a sticker on my storm door and I still had an MFer knock on my door today
Make up 20 flyers and leave them in your front closet. When someone comes just open the door, hand them a No solicitating flyer and close the door.

Make up 20 flyers and leave them in your front closet. When someone comes just open the door, hand them a No solicitating flyer and close the door.
Lol....you think I actually answer the door? Check the cam, if it's not a neighbor/delivery I don't move

Lol....you think I actually answer the door? Check the cam, if it's not a neighbor/delivery I don't move
Still would be fun to do this moving forward.

I could just do the Seinfeld routine...... I could try to sell them something,.....

I could just do the Seinfeld routine...... I could try to sell them something,.....
I like this idea. Maybe keep a couple boxes of candy bars near the door and offer them a barter system.

Keep some Jehovah's Witness literature on hand to pass out (could backfire).

I like this idea. Maybe keep a couple boxes of candy bars near the door and offer them a barter system.
World's Finest Chocolate, right?

I've had about 4 occasions of people knocking on our door here and 1 of those was girl scouts selling cookies. We're somewhat rural(ish) so not much of that door to door here. The 4th occasion was just a few weeks ago and I was on the way out. Guy starts his spiel and kept going even when I said I wasn't interested and was headed out. So I got in my car and left him standing there.

I've had about 4 occasions of people knocking on our door here and 1 of those was girl scouts selling cookies. We're somewhat rural(ish) so not much of that door to door here. The 4th occasion was just a few weeks ago and I was on the way out. Guy starts his spiel and kept going even when I said I wasn't interested and was headed out. So I got in my car and left him standing there.
We are a giant circle development. It used to be real bad. We don't get a ton now. A kid selling stuff I would answer.

I may have told this story in this thread before. I'm outside trying to fix something on my wifes SUV. Of course the thing I need to get too was tucked up under the dash. It's like 80degs out. I;m in my driveway, back on the floor of the vehicle, feet on the driveway, I'm sweating my *** off, can't reach the last bolt, I'm cussing up a storm as I take a break and sit up outside the car. Some jackhole walks up and asks if he can talk to me about pest control. He's lucky he didn't eat a 1/2" socket wrench

We are a giant circle development. It used to be real bad. We don't get a ton now. A kid selling stuff I would answer.

I may have told this story in this thread before. I'm outside trying to fix something on my wifes SUV. Of course the thing I need to get too was tucked up under the dash. It's like 80degs out. I;m in my driveway, back on the floor of the vehicle, feet on the driveway, I'm sweating my *** off, can't reach the last bolt, I'm cussing up a storm as I take a break and sit up outside the car. Some jackhole walks up and asks if he can talk to me about pest control. He's lucky he didn't eat a 1/2" socket wrench
Whoa! This guy was selling pest control!

You had you pest controlled by your wrench.

Keep some Jehovah's Witness literature on hand to pass out (could backfire).
Keep some Mormon and Catholic literature available so you can adjust.

Users who are viewing this thread