What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cancer: Formerly about my wife Let’s help each other out (2 Viewers)

A little light on details, but this could be a great thing. I wonder how much mortality would change if detection were moved forward several years and early treatment could start. 

And, definitely, #### cancer!
The danger is false positives. For bc for example, people may do a Jolie or be given some kind of potion that could cause se harm. It's not a cure so it'll still be a who knows when it may come back. 

For pancreatic cancer, it would be the gold standard.  If detected early, removing the pancreas fixes the problem.  Later detection basically guarantees that it has spread.
Yeah, your post kind of dovetails with CurlyNight's, too. I imagine you'd want rock solid proof of pancreatic cancer before getting the pancreas removed. I've participated in pancreas surgeries before, but never cared for anyone after having their pancreas removed. I imagine it's a profoundly life-altering event. 

Yeah, your post kind of dovetails with CurlyNight's, too. I imagine you'd want rock solid proof of pancreatic cancer before getting the pancreas removed. I've participated in pancreas surgeries before, but never cared for anyone after having their pancreas removed. I imagine it's a profoundly life-altering event. 
But knowing to check is what makes the difference.

I am absolutely devastated. My mom has recently been diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer.
This sucks Faust.....if you can, as soon as possible, look at the various trials out there for pancreatic cancer.  Specifically look up the trial going on in Louisville using nanoknife technology.  One of my father's four cancers was pancreatic.  The growth ended up being in a really bad place.  They discovered this half way through that whipple procedure.  They stopped, sewed him up and he had to recover with no benefit.  The doctors got on the phone with Louisville doctors and as soon as he was strong enough, we took him up there and they were able to get rid of the tomer 100%.  Technically, he was classified as stage 3.

I am absolutely devastated. My mom has recently been diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer.
So sorry man. 

You’ve given us your time and updates over the years, PLEASE use this place as a resource. Obviously we’re all upper tier super people but beyond that, many of your FBG brothers have gone through this. My wife went through this with her mother and I have with an older brother as well as my godmother. There are others here and some can and will offer help. Take it. 

We’re here for ya buddy. Prayers/well wishes/good vibes to you and MommaFaust. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Faust said:
A professional colleague of mine had this and found a way to have it excised and is now at 5 years or later.  Beat long, long odds.  He had something very specific done with chemo and surgery.  If you PM me I can see about putting you in touch.  He would absolutely talk to you about it.

Users who are viewing this thread