What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cancer: Formerly about my wife Let’s help each other out (2 Viewers)

Congratulations to the Mrs, you, and the rest of your family. Continued well wishes for a quick, full recovery.

All clear on all fronts.

Mrs Wrigs is resting and in good health/spirits.

The hard part is over
You mean the nipple?

Well it's been 13 months since the diagnosis, and 12 since the double mesectimy. 3 other surgeries later, and she's been clear off all cancer since.

We've been working on reducing her recurrence numbers by taking ovarian repression treatments. Essentially, once a month she receives a shot that shuts down her overies, bringing on early menopause. Menopause blows She's bloated(she's always been athletic), has hot flashes, and is noticeably more irritable. But she knows it's all part of the deal

She's one tough chick

I would like to thank several fbgs(you know who you are)who have reached out showing your concern. It's amazing that a place that can so nasty, can also be so positive. You guys rock

Love you guys

ps: make sure your lady freinds get checked out. Early detection really is life saving

:thumbup:

Just celebrated my cousin's 1 year of being cancer free a couple of months ago.

It's an awesome feeling to know a loved one conquered that ####### disease. Can't, and honestly don't want to , imagine what it's like when it's your wife and mother of your children.

Great to hear. Cancer is far too prevalent. My mother is not so lucky. Went on hospice a couple weeks ago. One year ago she was living a normal life. That's how fast it can all go away. It was sickening watching the doctors poke and prod and basically continually tell her she was dying but not yet. I feel like she was used by the docs as a cash cow. I lost a lot of faith in the medical industry over the past 12 months.

:thumbup:

Great news Wrigley. I can't imagine going through that with young kids. So glad to hear you guys are doing well!

Great to hear Wrigley. I have lost too many friends and family member to cancer in the past. I am glad your wife was able to tell cancer to f-off. :thumbup:

awesome news wrigley!

my wife, also 37, has family history of it and is militant about getting checked out. every 6 months she alternates mri/mammogram. we also just went and had the dna testing done. we should find out in the next couple weeks if the genetic predisposition is there. scary ####! so happy for you.

Man, I always get so nervous when I see these bumped. Great news! It's exactly as you said, we give each other hell here all the time, but this board is tremendous about rallying around with support.

So happy for you and your wife. :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread