What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cat-bird Seat or Last Laugh, What's your Preference? (1 Viewer)

Cat-bird seat or Last Laugh?

• Cat-Bird - let my opponent worry about catching up!

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Last Laugh - I will crush my opponents with the final scoring!

Votes: 21 75.0%

• Total voters

Hot Sauce Guy

Footballguy
I always want to have  late game players - either the afternoon games, or especially players on SNF or MNF.

i detest having players on TNF, or having all my players in the morning games. So for me it's "last laugh". 

I know folks who love being in the cat-bird seat, preferring early games & even TNF. 

What say you, people of FBG? 

Last laugh for a different reason.  I have season tickets and like getting home around halftime of the second games and be able to watch Redzone and SNF and MNF.

I love having players playing each time frame for games, Thursday night, Sunday early afternoon, Sunday late afternoon, Sunday night and Monday night.

It's not so much that I hate Thursday games, it's that they hate me and my fantasy teams.

And then I have almost 3 days to look at the 33-2 box score after we both had 1 player playing on TNF.

I find it much harder to watch Monday Night football with a lead and my opponent still having some one left. It's hard to root against a guy and watch him keep chipping away knowing any one big play can do you in.

I find it much harder to watch Monday Night football with a lead and my opponent still having some one left. It's hard to root against a guy and watch him keep chipping away knowing any one big play can do you in.
 Been there many, many, many, many, many, many, many times. It's torture. It can also be exhilarating if they fall .3 points short or something. 

As MNF miracles/bad beats go, this one is pretty hard to beat:

Down 9.x fantasy points in the waning seconds of the 4th Q.  Kicker nails a 50+ yarder to send the game to OT.  Then another 50+ yarder in the OT for the win.
 I won a championship on a Christmas eve game in the last  two minutes when my linebacker chased a wide receiver out of bounds,  and was therefore credited with a tackle - giving me a win by .6 in my big-money IDP league.

My first IDP championship. Seems fitting that it was a linebacker who won it for me. 

I've lost in the semi's on a Monday night football FG kick.

I was up 5.4 points...

Tucker lined up for a 50 yarder. If he makes it I still win,  They took a false start penalty.  55 yard FG, lose by .1

I was up about 15 heading into the night as well

For sheer entertainment purposes (and isn't that why we play this game?) I'd rather start slow and play catch-up in prime time.

Red Zone makes the 1:00 and 4:00 slates of games exciting enough without tons of fantasy points, but SNF and MNF are brutally interminable to watch as it is. They're ten times worse when you're in the lead and actually rooting for lots of 3-and-outs and clock-grinding drives. No, thanks. Show me some fireworks, son!

Or just being up like 70 and you each gave one player remaining.  :)  
Yeah; I mean at some point it's just a lock. 

That said, I was up 45+ once and my opponent had a QB (Manning) left. First 1/2 half it seemed like there was no way I'd lose, and it was against San Diego, a team Manning had theretofore struggled against. 

Manning went ballistic in the 2nd half of the MNF game. 

we had a crazy 10 pt yardage bonus at 300+ and in the comeback Manning finished with 309. Threw 3 or 4 TDs too, and all in the #%!€%#! 2nd half.

The bonus & 6 pt TDs caused me to lose by .2

Last edited by a moderator:
definitely a different level of satisfaction winning in the last game of the week. and it makes watching games that much more interesting for the week, rather than rooting against players or teams just because they are on my opponent's roster.

I miss the days of Tebow. I was playing against my buddy who was up around 18 and all I had was Tebow left. My friend started talking crap because Tebow had 2 points heading into the fourth. Tebow finished the fourth with 18 points and my buddy went radio silent.

Definitely have my guys going last. I love when getting the texts from opponents bragging about they stomped me but I still have 5 players in SNF and MNF. 

Having guys go on MNF that can win you the game can be really up & down.  Few years ago, going into MNF, I was down 18.5 points (non-ppr).  I had Bell going, opponent was done.  He ripped off 2 long runs in the 2nd quarter had around 10-11 points at halftime.  A 2nd half TD, or another big yardage half & I have the game won.  He does virtually nothing on the 2nd half.  As the clocks winding down, I'm resigning myself to a loss.  Then this happens:

https://youtu.be/pGb1FLm1FkE

One of my favorite FF moments ever!

Years ago my buddy was down 2 points heading into Monday night football, and he still had Favre to play. Favre threw 5 picks that game and scored negative points and he lost.

As long as we're talking bad beats. Ffl playoffs, down 2, I have John Casey kicking for Carolina. Carolina tied. They get into range with time running down, inside of 15 secs. Have timeouts. Run to get a couple yds and get the ball placed where the kicker wants, right? Nope, pass to smith, whiffed tackle, he takes it to the house. Kick extra point, lose by 1.

I like going into MNF knowing that I have a win pretty easily. I hate being forced to watch MNF game until the end to see if I won or not.. .then my adrenaline is pumping like crazy and I end up not sleeping well and work the next day is tough. 

However, last laugh is always sweeter, because I know my opponent will have a tough next day at work lol... 

So I guess I change my vote... if I am going to win, I prefer to have last laugh. If I am going to lose I'd rather have my guys done before Monday :)

I never even notice what time my guys are playing unless I'm specifically worried about it due to waiting for injury news. 

Users who are viewing this thread