What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cathartic Drops -- Mine was David Wilson (1 Viewer)

Can't quit Bowe in ReDraft PPR. He's firmly on the bench, but need a good replacement before I throw him out. Maybe KCs' bye will help? Who am i Kidding.

Did trade Miles Austin after week 1 for R.Wilson.

I let go of Bowe for Boykin. I may come to regret it at some point, but I'd need to see at least two weeks of solid performances before I'd ever even consider starting him.

I dropped Andre Ellington and Terrance Williams (a week too early in both cases) to keep him, so I'm not letting it happen again. It feels great to have him off my roster.

No loss with Bowe being cut... In a dynasty im starting Durham over Bowe as he is pathetic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Im shocked -- the D Wilson drop is being supported by the news that they wont even re-evaluate him for another month. Looking at a Week 12 or 13 return best case. And then he'll be dealing with Brown, Jacobs, and Hillis for playing time on a team likely wanting to avoid any risk to the kid for the remainder of a miserable season.

I dont wish any ill will on the kid, but my MOJO is already turning!

And I dropped K Britt 3 weeks ago. Also cathartic. He was going to be my ace in the hole this year as a sneaky WR upgrade. NOT

Wilson, Austin, Daryl Richardson, britt (different leagues, mostly)

Also dumped Lamar miller for Andre Ellington last weekend. I'm pretty stacked at rb in that one, so felt comfortable taking a risk there.

I cut Amendola for Harvin. That felt good. Dropped Cook in redraft, and want to in dynasty. Still holding Wilson in a deep redraft, but am not sure why.

Wilson and Cook. I enjoyed it so much that I'm going to pick them both up next week just so I can drop them again.

no one could have drafted as bad as me though first four rounds Cjspiller/roddy/dwilson/Colston... that is a group of ####tenburg lumps :(

People are really dropping Colston? That seems insane right now with the lack of information regarding Graham's foot/ankle.

Considering the Wilsom drop. I screwed up royally taking him in Rd 2. My Giant-fandom clouded my mind. I'm thin at RB as a result.

I cut Britt weeks ago and Mark Ingram after just 3-4 weeks into season. Both these bums were going to be my sleepers!

Just dropped Wilson for Shonn Greene in a 14 team redraft...picked up Andre Brown a few weeks ago and I can no longer drag this much crappy Giants RB weight on my team! I had Da'Rel Scott for awhile too. It's been painful! Thankfully Jamaal Charles has been pulling his weight but with Helu and Ivory as my other RB's it's been ugly finding 2 RB each week! I'm still disgusted I took Wilson with my second pick (I had the 3rd pick) My WR rock though... Demaryius Thomas, DeSean Jackson and Torrey Smith...Miles Austin on the bench and he would have been easily dropped also but I've just been hoping that he heals up and pulls it together in time for my bye weeks! Forgot to add that I am still holding on to Legatron...It's painful also but I know the week I drop him he nails a couple 50-60 yarders so I'm hanging onto him for now... (Note: I always refuse to take a kicker until my last pick and normally end up with a top 5 kicker so I'm sticking to my guns for now as he hasn't cost me a loss yet!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Great thread. Kudos to the OP. Still holding on to Wilson, though the 're-evaluation in a month' is the worst news you could get i suppose.

Bowe

Strongly considered dropping Ridley prior to last week.

Jared Cook.

Holding on to Colston for awhile. He needs to step it up or i will try to find an owner and sell very low.

Not a drop but a trade - Greg Little. He's still young and could get it together at some point but I knew there was no chance of me starting him this year.

Brady....I don't care if he does turn it around I can't keep depending on him. Traded him and L.Bell for Tony Romo in a redraft. I've taken all I can take and can't take no more!

I loved this kid last year, and was fired up to draft him this year. Once Andre Brown went down I was convinced he was a Top 15 RB and I picked him as RB 12 in my draft...HUGE mistake.

I realize that we will now get news that his spine is fine and he'll be back in the lineup kicking ### next week, but I don't care. I dropped him and I now feel much better. Ill let someone else play that game.

What about you? Which high draft picks have you decided to drop?
I think there is a lot of good to this. I have many leagues where I am still hanging on to Wilson, Miles, Britt, Myers....any jackass just in case. I wanted to drop Martin after week 3 because he was getting out played by my bench and never could drop him. I did sit him though. But if you are strong enough to cut players like these early, in the long run I think it would be better for your team. I just have not grown the balls to do it yet, but my gut tells me it is the best play. For the life of me I can not and will never be able to start Fitz right.

Users who are viewing this thread