What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***CHAINSAW*** Gears of War 4 (beta Apr 18th, release Oct 11th) (2 Viewers)

Made it through the prologue and most of the first chapter on Insane. The graphics are incredible. 

Played a multiplayer match too and the hitbox is very accurate.  Just have to get used to the maps and new weapons. 

So far it's pretty damn awesome

Won't be on tonight (friend's wedding, then dogsitting) but should be on for much of the rest of the weekend starting Saturday afternoon.

Our games predownloaded and then told us it was ready to start. Then booted us about .2 seconds in the menus, reverted back to a 100mb file size(known glitch but cosmetic) then had to redownload the whole thing. Spent the rest of the night playing prominence poker till way to late which is fantastic 10/10!

Last edited by a moderator:
Only got to play for an hour or so last night after launch, but I REALLY like it so far.

My favorite new aspect might well end up being the play anywhere feature. Downloaded on my laptop and spent most of my lunch hour at the office running through horde mode. 

Gears ... never leave home without it.

PS - Sorry, Dude ... I converted everything to digital about a year ago and haven't looked back.

1.1 - Gator's kids

Our games predownloaded and then told us it was ready to start. Then booted us about .2 seconds in the menus, reverted back to a 100mb file size(known glitch but cosmetic) then had to redownload the whole thing. Spent the rest of the night playing prominence poker till way to late which is fantastic 10/10!
Did you erase the placeholder first? Had to uninstall that thing then do the actual install. Not that it matters now.

orcinus said:
Only got to play for an hour or so last night after launch, but I REALLY like it so far.

My favorite new aspect might well end up being the play anywhere feature. Downloaded on my laptop and spent most of my lunch hour at the office running through horde mode. 

Gears ... never leave home without it.

PS - Sorry, Dude ... I converted everything to digital about a year ago and haven't looked back.

1.1 - Gator's kids
wait, what?

Dodgeball is still awesome. It's also awesome that when your the guardian you are Marcus if he was goldmember. Literally dipped in a gold onesie.

Finished a KotH game with 64 kills when the next highest was 40. Also had two quad kills tonight and a few nice gnasher sprees. Them adding the deadzone options and aim acceleration is great to.

dude said:
aim acceleration : ?

inner dead zone: ?

outer dead zone: ?
Aim acceleration is when your analog stick is pegged to one side all the way it will increase how fast it moves. 

Inner deadzone is how much you have to move the analog stick to start with before the Aimer moves. This is the snappiness when you initially move the stick. 0 moves it right away and 10 takes longer to move. This can help if you controller has a slight amount of drift.

Outer deadzone is not as straight forward but when I set to 2 instead of 0 my aim slowed way down when it was pegged for a sweep shot.  So I put it back to 0.

Aim acceleration is when your analog stick is pegged to one side all the way it will increase how fast it moves. 

Inner deadzone is how much you have to move the analog stick to start with before the Aimer moves. This is the snappiness when you initially move the stick. 0 moves it right away and 10 takes longer to move. This can help if you controller has a slight amount of drift.

Outer deadzone is not as straight forward but when I set to 2 instead of 0 my aim slowed way down when it was pegged for a sweep shot.  So I put it back to 0.
yeah i try moving those deadzones up and i moved in slow-mo...also try lower aim acc...and was not good

back to 30/30/30/10/0/0

you using your bounties? if so, are you getting the XPs from it?
I have been using them but honestly don't know if they have been working since it doesn't directly tell you what the experience is coming from after the games or I am missing it.

I have been using them but honestly don't know if they have been working since it doesn't directly tell you what the experience is coming from after the games or I am missing it.
did another 5kXP bounty receive 0 again.

been playing Competitive Escalation n Core Dodgeball/Guardian

and yeah they have a summary of your XPs after match...

class skills is an awful addition with the bonus multpliers.....makes the gnasher into a canon

Gonna be interesting to see how the influx of several million new users affects the servers today.

Oh man, this is today.  Got to run out and get lunch today  ;) .  Don't worry, I wont hog the servers, I'm co-op on the couch for a few weeks.     :pickle:

3 was really disappointing to me, I don't think I ever finished the single player campaign although I played a lot of Horde and multiplayer with you folks. Didn't bother with Judgement and now I don't have time to ever play. :kicksrock:

In honor of emergence day: Trailer

I've always been an execution purist.  Barely put time into any of the other game modes as they came out (other than horde/overrun).  But both Dodgeball and Arms Race are really really fun.  Having a blast with them.

Overrun not being in the game is a big bummer, but oh well.

New weapons are cool.

Maps still suck.  Was hoping they'd be better than the beta but they're just the same.  Big open spaces with the same metal crates placed around the level to create cover.  Way back in Gears 1 maps like Gridlock, Canals, Subway, Rooftops, etc were all so unique from each other and felt very different, and had their own styles of play.  All these Gears 4 maps just run together.  They could all be the same map.

I've always been an execution purist.  Barely put time into any of the other game modes as they came out (other than horde/overrun).  But both Dodgeball and Arms Race are really really fun.  Having a blast with them.

Overrun not being in the game is a big bummer, but oh well.

New weapons are cool.

Maps still suck.  Was hoping they'd be better than the beta but they're just the same.  Big open spaces with the same metal crates placed around the level to create cover.  Way back in Gears 1 maps like Gridlock, Canals, Subway, Rooftops, etc were all so unique from each other and felt very different, and had their own styles of play.  All these Gears 4 maps just run together.  They could all be the same map.
Said the same thing last night. When you look at the overview of the maps they all look the same.

Agree that the maps are a weak point.  Even the ones that don't suck, like Reclaimed for example, are just knockoffs of previous maps (Mercy in Gears 3).

Users who are viewing this thread