What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Charlie "Shining Path" Bosworth, RIP (1 Viewer)

Awful. He was one of a few guys where if I saw he had posted in a thread, I had to check in and read it. He had a knack for pointing out how you were all wrong but in such a way that you laughed rather than got mad.

shining path said:
cosjobs said:
shining path said:
cosjobs said:
REntal company didn't seem to care that I had never operated one before. They told me there was a manual under the seat.

I am sure there will be alcohol involved in my yardwork this weekend- is there any way I can kill or seriously injure myself with this thing?

THis is what I am renting- but it just has the regular bucket in front.
I would kill or die to be able to drive one of those things professionally, for 50k a year.
I think if you bought one, you could make 50K a year from work you could pick up advertising on craigslist
I need to drop this scientific rat-race and pick one of those things up. Just looks like silly fun.They're building a deck across the street, so our meeting room looks out onto a construction site containing three or four of those. People get paid for driving those around and pushing dirt? That's the life, bro.
This was his last post. It says something to me, especially being the same age he was. Maybe I'll get the hell out of business and do something I love doing.

I remember Shiny making fun of a W Bush appearence on Meet the Press.

Tim Russert scolding him for being fussy, patting him on the head, looking for PB&J sammichs.

He had me in tears laughing so hard.

Been rereading many of his posts today. Damn solid person who I'm sure I would have liked had we met in real life. Good luck whereever your next journey takes you my friend. Hats off to one of the three original werewolves.

Been rereading many of his posts today. Damn solid person who I'm sure I would have liked had we met in real life. Good luck whereever your next journey takes you my friend. Hats off to one of the three original werewolves.
IB - Love the new and improved avatar

That's a pretty awesome avatar you've got there. :goodposting:

I haven't used this account for quite some time, but since it was what I used during Shiny's Russian Bride Draft I thought I'd break it out for this post. I never had the opportunity to meet with SP face-to-face but will definitely remember fondly every email or PM I received from him and am deeply saddened that I've recieved the last of them. He never failed to make you laugh and he never failed to make you think. He was one of the most intelligent guys on this board by a mile. He didn't have to tell you he was intelligent and never intentionally tried to draw attention to it but to anybody that read any of his posts you definitely knew it.

You'll be missed, Shiny. I'm going to toast you with some vodka and think of that anorexic little Russkie that you scooped up in the first round. She's probably with you since she was about one missed meal from starvation at the time and I'm not sure she'd have lasted the winter.

I haven't used this account for quite some time, but since it was what I used during Shiny's Russian Bride Draft I thought I'd break it out for this post. I never had the opportunity to meet with SP face-to-face but will definitely remember fondly every email or PM I received from him and am deeply saddened that I've recieved the last of them. He never failed to make you laugh and he never failed to make you think. He was one of the most intelligent guys on this board by a mile. He didn't have to tell you he was intelligent and never intentionally tried to draw attention to it but to anybody that read any of his posts you definitely knew it. You'll be missed, Shiny. I'm going to toast you with some vodka and think of that anorexic little Russkie that you scooped up in the first round. She's probably with you since she was about one missed meal from starvation at the time and I'm not sure she'd have lasted the winter.
Let's retire this screen name please.J

This is such terrible news. Shiny you will be missed from the great witty banter to serious discussions on history and the environment.I will always remember the games of Diplomacy he was involved in a several years ago. Together we were able to pull off a victory in one those games and I will always remember those good times.RIP Shining Path
My best memories too. Thoughts to all who loved him in real life.

Oof. Terrible news that I just caught this afternoon. He was definitely a favorite poster of mine. I can't add anything of significance other than what has already been said. :(

On a side note, it's really cool to see this community come together in the wake of tragedy. I feel privileged to be a small part of it :)

I'm guessing I'm not the only one who had a weird conversation with the spouse/gf/family member this weekend trying to explain how it's possible to be so moved by the passing of someone I'd never met in real life. Felt like I was trying to swallow an apple whole when I read this with my wife on the couch next to me.

SP was irreplaceable. ;)

I'm guessing I'm not the only one who had a weird conversation with the spouse/gf/family member this weekend trying to explain how it's possible to be so moved by the passing of someone I'd never met in real life. Felt like I was trying to swallow an apple whole when I read this with my wife on the couch next to me.SP was irreplaceable. :thumbup:
Definitely.

This was one of my favorite Sp posts ever. It combined science, history, and some humor....

shining path said:
Doctor Detroit said:
shining path said:
McBokonon said:
I've found wiping thoroughly to be, well, pretty great.
:thumbup: If you're leaving regular skid marks, you're nasty. Sharts happen, but a daily smudge? Gross.
You've obviously never used government issue TP. I was on the DL for a week one time with an ###### tear. No way you can clean your pooper correctly with that stuff. Afghan/Eastern European TP, and your hand in Africa fall into this category as well.
A little chafing is well worth it. I have a strategy for maximal cornhole cleanliness. When you fold the TP and go for the final few swipes, use the second knuckle (from the tip) of your middle finger to wedge the paper up there a tad. Then clench up and use the power of your own sphincter to blot on the paper. You can have everything clean up to a full quarter inch into the poop channel. Better a little blood shed with pre-emptive aggression than a brownish mess later. The Western powers learned this valuable lesson at Munich in 1938.

I'm guessing I'm not the only one who had a weird conversation with the spouse/gf/family member this weekend trying to explain how it's possible to be so moved by the passing of someone I'd never met in real life.
:thumbup: I don't know if I'll be able to hold it together if #1 Fan of Ghana Soccer passes before I do.

I'm guessing I'm not the only one who had a weird conversation with the spouse/gf/family member this weekend trying to explain how it's possible to be so moved by the passing of someone I'd never met in real life. Felt like I was trying to swallow an apple whole when I read this with my wife on the couch next to me.SP was irreplaceable. :bye:
Absolutely. However my wife is a Tar Heel so it was easier for her to understand when I told her that Shiny helped trash talk the Duke fans on the board. Now I'm going to have to learn a bunch of SAT words to use against them before next season. :thumbup:

I'm guessing I'm not the only one who had a weird conversation with the spouse/gf/family member this weekend trying to explain how it's possible to be so moved by the passing of someone I'd never met in real life. Felt like I was trying to swallow an apple whole when I read this with my wife on the couch next to me.SP was irreplaceable. :thumbup:
Definitely.
I told my wife that it was a friend that she'd never met, but who I knew from before she and I started seeing each other. Then I realized it was true. I met my wife in 2001.

I'm guessing I'm not the only one who had a weird conversation with the spouse/gf/family member this weekend trying to explain how it's possible to be so moved by the passing of someone I'd never met in real life. Felt like I was trying to swallow an apple whole when I read this with my wife on the couch next to me.SP was irreplaceable. :confused:
no doubt.

This was one of my favorite Sp posts ever. It combined science, history, and some humor....

shining path said:
Doctor Detroit said:
shining path said:
McBokonon said:
I've found wiping thoroughly to be, well, pretty great.
:confused: If you're leaving regular skid marks, you're nasty. Sharts happen, but a daily smudge? Gross.
You've obviously never used government issue TP. I was on the DL for a week one time with an ###### tear. No way you can clean your pooper correctly with that stuff. Afghan/Eastern European TP, and your hand in Africa fall into this category as well.
A little chafing is well worth it. I have a strategy for maximal cornhole cleanliness. When you fold the TP and go for the final few swipes, use the second knuckle (from the tip) of your middle finger to wedge the paper up there a tad. Then clench up and use the power of your own sphincter to blot on the paper. You can have everything clean up to a full quarter inch into the poop channel. Better a little blood shed with pre-emptive aggression than a brownish mess later. The Western powers learned this valuable lesson at Munich in 1938.
Honestly...I'd forgotten who said that...but I know that post pops into my head from time to time when I'm wiping...

Another great shiny quote.

shining path said:
When was the last time we had a really big-time-serious creationism thread? Seems like it's been awhile.Kal-El? Just to warn you, these things usually end up as one lonely creationist taking on about ten snotty science geeks. Then the cavalry - in the form of Larry Boy mounted on an appaloosa dragon - rides in, and everything goes straight into the pisser.

Another great shiny quote.

shining path said:
When was the last time we had a really big-time-serious creationism thread? Seems like it's been awhile.Kal-El? Just to warn you, these things usually end up as one lonely creationist taking on about ten snotty science geeks. Then the cavalry - in the form of Larry Boy mounted on an appaloosa dragon - rides in, and everything goes straight into the pisser.
lol

Wow, Jesus...so sorry to hear this. Just awful. :lmao:

As a quick aside, and not to sound crass, but maybe this could be un-pinned for a bit? I've been on and off the board for 3 days now and just happened to see it out of the glance of my eye two minutes ago. I figured all these threads up here were board rules and such. It would be awful for anybody to miss it. If I'm wrong, no big deal. I just assume the board will keep it bumped.

Also, I didn't associate with him much...he was too smart for me and in threads I wouldn't dare dip my feet into. But I know he was a huge UNC fan and was around the college hoops threads this year. And I know he was excited by UNC's championship this year.

Just really sad. :lmao:

Maybe a good reminder to stop all the bickering around here.

I still can't believe it. Smart, funny, witty...everything that is GOOD about message boards (and people) is what Shining Path was all about. :sad:Nobody could smack you down with smarts and make you laugh while doing it like Shiny.
:popcorn: RIP Shiny

Also, I didn't associate with him much...he was too smart for me and in threads I wouldn't dare dip my feet into. But I know he was a huge UNC fan and was around the college hoops threads this year. And I know he was excited by UNC's championship this year. Just really sad. :popcorn: Maybe a good reminder to stop all the bickering around here.
Oh, shut up, you twit.

Wow... I can't believe I missed this notice until now. What tragic, tragic news.

I have the fondest memories of Shiney. He always seemed like a brother to me. A smarter, wittier, better read, and nicer person than I'll ever be. He was a true legend here at FBG, and I'm better off having read his posts online.

It's a sad, sad day in the FFA.

There will be a drink in remembrance tonight, SP. You were a great man.

Wow, Jesus...so sorry to hear this. Just awful. :thumbup:As a quick aside, and not to sound crass, but maybe this could be un-pinned for a bit? I've been on and off the board for 3 days now and just happened to see it out of the glance of my eye two minutes ago. I figured all these threads up here were board rules and such. It would be awful for anybody to miss it. If I'm wrong, no big deal. I just assume the board will keep it bumped.
I agree. Exact same situation for me. Doubt this will fall off the first page anytime soon.Very sad. :thumbup:

Wow, Jesus...so sorry to hear this. Just awful. :thumbup:As a quick aside, and not to sound crass, but maybe this could be un-pinned for a bit? I've been on and off the board for 3 days now and just happened to see it out of the glance of my eye two minutes ago. I figured all these threads up here were board rules and such. It would be awful for anybody to miss it. If I'm wrong, no big deal. I just assume the board will keep it bumped.
Yeah, probably best to unpin. I know I passed over it as I overlook the pinned area. Sad reality I guess.J

Users who are viewing this thread