What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Chris Ivory (2 Viewers)

Chris Ivory seems to have become overrated on these boards. He was a full back his first year in college and then transferred after getting into some trouble and getting released from his team. He then went to his new team where he played tail back and had 534 rushing yards in 3 years in college and was often injured in college as well.

In the NFL he can't seem to stay healthy. He has 3 receptions in 3 years with the Saints. Now I know sometimes guys get burried on depth charts and all it takes is a chance, but Ivory can't be counted on as a lead guy as he has not been able to stay healthy at any level he has played. He is a complimentary back. He has good speed and power, but he is a long shot to ever be a work horse type in the NFL.

I just don't get the love.
I don't know if you saw the 50+ yard TD run vs the Falcons in the Dome last year but it was awesome.

There is the in jury issue and that is tied to the running style.

He has caught passes in preseason including one I can recall his taking to the house on a long one, maybe that last was two preseasons ago.

I don't know why the Saints love Ingram so much but they do, coaches and organizations fall in love with players like FF owners do and it does not always make sense. Then again they are looking at a whole package of skills and capabilities whereas we are just looking at yards and scores.

And there is also the system thing, Ingram is the exception, but Sproles and Pierre Thomas have also had excellent YPC in this offense and in the past backs who would be considered mediocre have done just fine.

Personally I would love to see Ivory in a situation where he got 15+ to 25 carries a game but I wonder how long that would last. That kind of back is rare and if head coaches & GMs really thought he was that kind of guy then I am sure they would have traded a 2nd to 4th round pick for him by now. On the other hand the free agent RB the Saints focused on before Ivory was one Arian Foster who of course got away to the Texans. It's almost always situation isn't it?

Chris Ivory seems to have become overrated on these boards. He was a full back his first year in college and then transferred after getting into some trouble and getting released from his team. He then went to his new team where he played tail back and had 534 rushing yards in 3 years in college and was often injured in college as well.

In the NFL he can't seem to stay healthy. He has 3 receptions in 3 years with the Saints. Now I know sometimes guys get burried on depth charts and all it takes is a chance, but Ivory can't be counted on as a lead guy as he has not been able to stay healthy at any level he has played. He is a complimentary back. He has good speed and power, but he is a long shot to ever be a work horse type in the NFL.

I don't know if you saw the 50+ yard TD run vs the Falcons in the Dome last year but it was awesome.

There is the in jury issue and that is tied to the running style.

He has caught passes in preseason including one I can recall his taking to the house on a long one, maybe that last was two preseasons ago.

I don't know why the Saints love Ingram so much but they do, coaches and organizations fall in love with players like FF owners do and it does not always make sense. Then again they are looking at a whole package of skills and capabilities whereas we are just looking at yards and scores.

And there is also the system thing, Ingram is the exception, but Sproles and Pierre Thomas have also had excellent YPC in this offense and in the past backs who would be considered mediocre have done just fine.

Personally I would love to see Ivory in a situation where he got 15+ to 25 carries a game but I wonder how long that would last. That kind of back is rare and if head coaches & GMs really thought he was that kind of guy then I am sure they would have traded a 2nd to 4th round pick for him by now. On the other hand the free agent RB the Saints focused on before Ivory was one Arian Foster who of course got away to the Texans. It's almost always situation isn't it?
Definitely is situation. I have seen the long run and it was a thing of beauty. Runs like that tend to cloud judgement of a specific player. That is the anamoly not the norm. He also has a high YPC, but as mentioned that is situation.

Ivory is an average NFL talent that has failed to prove at any level that he is a work horse type. Rb's in the NFL are not traded for 2nd to 4th round picks. Teams would rather draft a RB on their own as opposed to moving a draft pick plus signing the guy and or picking up that players contract.

I think that there are more running backs out there that could produce, especially over a short time frame, than most think. NFL teams are knowledgeable of this and that us why there are fewer and fewer running backs with high dollar contracts and also every down backs. Ivory in my opinion is one of these guys, but nothing special.

There's a real good chance whoever offers him the most money has plans to give him the ball more than anyone else, would everyone agree?
For sure, but look at Michael Bush last year. Probably could have found a team that would make him a starter, but he took the money instead. Probability says that mo money = mo carries, but that's not a given.

If this happens, i will feel really bad for the guy that just traded me Ivory and the Texans for Powell, Dwyer, and Finley because he needed a cheap starting RB.
Unless you have crazy DT scoring, I like the Finley side of that trade even if the Jets trade for Ivory. Powell and Goodson will still see the field even during the games that Ivory is healthy.

If this happens, i will feel really bad for the guy that just traded me Ivory and the Texans for Powell, Dwyer, and Finley because he needed a cheap starting RB.
Unless you have crazy DT scoring, I like the Finley side of that trade even if the Jets trade for Ivory. Powell and Goodson will still see the field even during the games that Ivory is healthy.
We probably just value Finley and Powell/Dwyer differently. Granted I wasn't counting on any of them this year, so for future projections I think Ivory>Dwyer>Powell, and Finley> Keller, So it came down to trading my 5th or 6th back for my #2 or 3 rated defense. Easy trade for me. But we can agree to disagree.

Joe Summer said:
Carter_Can_Fly said:

Yup overrated! Maybe people should watch film instead of just look at stat lines to say if someone is overrated.

Dude is a stud, deal with it. There is a reason why the #4 RB on the depth chart got a 2nd round tender, it is not because he is overrated.

I still think they should cut Pierre make Ingram the back up and roll with Ivory as the pounder and Sproles as the COP back.

up overrated! Maybe people should watch film instead of just look at stat lines to say if someone is overrated.

Dude is a stud, deal with it. There is a reason why the #4 RB on the depth chart got a 2nd round tender, it is not because he is overrated.

I still think they should cut Pierre make Ingram the back up and roll with Ivory as the pounder and Sproles as the COP back.
And if you'd read the whole thread, you'd know why:

the 2nd round tender was the only one they could give him except for the original round tender.

Joe Summer said:

There is a reason he is #4 on the depth chart, no? Doesn't seem like its because he's a "stud"

Your opinion.

ETA: Did I read this correctly, in the Dynasty trade thread that you traded E. Decker and D. Wilson for M. Austin? Hmmm, I may stand corrected, you seem to have a fair grasp of talent and value.

Last edited by a moderator:

That was before 2012 season. Not in this years thread

Definitely is situation. I have seen the long run and it was a thing of beauty. Runs like that tend to cloud judgement of a specific player. That is the anamoly not the norm. He also has a high YPC, but as mentioned that is situation.

Ivory is an average NFL talent that has failed to prove at any level that he is a work horse type. Rb's in the NFL are not traded for 2nd to 4th round picks. Teams would rather draft a RB on their own as opposed to moving a draft pick plus signing the guy and or picking up that players contract.
at the NFL level has he really been given the chance to be a work horse other then in some spot situations....I'd say no

I think the Saints see the potential and thats why they are kinda of playing keep away with him....almost like our strategy in fantasy of "I'd rather have him on my bench then in someone else's lineup"....

I think for many of us (me) the love for Ivory comes down to the fact that he usually passes the eye ball test when given a chance....the way he runs makes many of us wonder what he could really do if given in the neighborhood of 20 carries a game....over the course of a whole season....I don't think Ivory gets hurt because he has been given too many carries....he has just gotten hurt on the some of the ones he has had....if that makes sense

I think his history of injuries and having guys like Thomas around has never really given him a chance to "get on a roll" so to speak and put up a string of games to show what he can do....

I know we always toss around the "if healthy" stuff....but if healthy and if given around 20 carries a game...I think he has the goods to be a top 10 type fantasy back...

The New York Daily News confirms the Jets have an offer on the table for Chris Ivory and "still want to trade for him."

Ivory signed his restricted tender on Friday, which makes him no longer a restricted free agent and instead under contract. Thus, he is immediately eligible to be dealt. The Jets hosted Ivory at their club headquarters on April 12.

Related: Jets

Source: Manish Mehta on Twitter Apr 19 - 4:56 PM

Per rotoworld:

Chris Ivory - RB - Saints
ESPN New York's Rich Cimini gets the sense that the Chris Ivory-to-Jets trade is "likely to happen."
"I think the Jets would gladly do it for a fifth-rounder," tweeted Cimini. The Saints are eyeing a fourth-round pick, but they'd likely settle for a fifth. Ivory is stuck behind Mark Ingram and Pierre Thomas in New Orleans, and the Saints want to get something for him before he can walk in free agency next year. There's a real chance a deal could happen.
Related: Jets

Source: Rich Cimini on Twitter
Apr 19 - 5:55 PM

Shonn Greene ranked 19th in 2012 and 20th in 2011 in PPR, 15th in 2012 and 18th in 2011 in non-PPR.

He was more durable than Ivory has shown, so that's a concern, while Ivory IMO is a more powerful runner. And a few years younger. Neither is a pass catcher, both are goal line backs.

If this deal happens, and Ivory's contract is extended which it almost has to be for a deal to take place, and the Jets signal that he'll be used as Greene was instead of getting a smaller piece of a timeshare pie, it seems to me Ivory s/b ranked in a range similar to what Greene has done (high teens). The Jets are not suddenly going to become a pass-happy team with Sanchez/Garrard/rookie. They tried that before and failed. More ground and pound it shall be.

Health and the adding of Goodson are the questions. I think Powell becomes mostly irrelevant. If they believed in him, Ivory and Goodson wouldn't have been targeted.

And as far as McKnight goes, it would be great if he could get out of there and have a shot with another team. He's of no use as RB4 for NYJ, and he's shown some ability when given the ball.

To add to the great answer Bruce gave, I see similar things for Ivory. Low ceiling even if he retains some of that efficiency we saw in New Orleans. A Greene-like performance, which puts an RB in the 20+ range of the rankings, just is not all that valuable in the FF world, even in start-2 leagues with a flex. Powell goes away essentially and Goodson is probably in his best role - role player when healthy. One would think Ivory and Goodson could combine for some healthy stretches over the course of the season between them, but you never know on that front...

A Greene-like performance, which puts an RB in the 20+ range of the rankings, just is not all that valuable in the FF world, even in start-2 leagues with a flex.
Not trying to nitpick or stir things up, but can you elaborate on this point because it doesn't make sense to me.

It would seem to me that in a start-2 league, 24 RBs would be in starting lineups (plus more if there is a flex). That would make an RB 20+ a borderline STARTER, which is very valuable in fantasy football.

A Greene-like performance, which puts an RB in the 20+ range of the rankings, just is not all that valuable in the FF world, even in start-2 leagues with a flex.
Not trying to nitpick or stir things up, but can elaborate on this point because I it doesn't make sense to me.

It would seem to me that in a start-2 league, 24 RBs would be in starting lineups (plus more if there is a flex). That would make an RB 20+ a borderline STARTER, which is very valuable in fantasy football.
I agree. I think there is good cause for excitment for Ivory fans, if the trade were to happen.

Not trying to nitpick or stir things up, but can you elaborate on this point because it doesn't make sense to me.

That threw me as well a little bit. Especially n non-PPR, start-2 RBs + flex, starting RBs are gold. In PPR, with Ivory not being a pass catcher, not nearly as much gold.

In PPR, 66 RB/WR averaged more PPG than Greene last year. Which is still flex-worthy, but barely.

In non-PPR, 39 averaged more.

FWIW- Already got an offer for Ivory of 2.11 + 2014 3rd.

According to ESPN New York, there are "strong indications" the Jets will acquire Chris Ivory from the Saints.

Beat writer Rich Cimini confirms the Jets "never entertained" signing Ivory to a restricted free agent offer sheet ahead of Friday night's deadline, but they are very much in the market to trade. If the Jets did acquire Ivory, they'd likely try to sign him to an affordable multi-year deal. Ivory turned 25 last month. He'd become the heavy favorite for early-down work in New York.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets/post/_/id/22417/ivory-re-signs-with-saints-trade-next?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

I just don't know why so many on this board are so down on Ivory. Granted I don't see him as an RB1 by any means even with a trade to the Jets. But look at his YPC in 3 yrs with the Saints. That is with limited touches each season. I don't care who you are. 5.1 on limited touches on a pass first team is tough to do. I can give you countless examples of where that is true.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets/post/_/id/22417/ivory-re-signs-with-saints-trade-next?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

I just don't know why so many on this board are so down on Ivory. Granted I don't see him as an RB1 by any means even with a trade to the Jets. But look at his YPC in 3 yrs with the Saints. That is with limited touches each season. I don't care who you are. 5.1 on limited touches on a pass first team is tough to do. I can give you countless examples of where that is true.
I am wondering why so many are low on him too?

Sometimes people allow others factors such as past injury history to hinder their opinion on future performance. Some of us are not doctors and we can only trust what we see or what other doctors say. While he has had injuries in the past, that is no indication that his injury risk in the future is any greater then that of Foster, Rice or Peterson. It's football, on any given Sunday on any given play, you know. So if the doctors have cleared him to play, and he is healthy and in good playing shape, which I assume he is since a team is after him and the Saints just gave him 2.3 mil... sometimes pure talent surpasses those factors. In my eyes, Ivory is one heck of a talented back with a mixture if size, speed and power. What is not to love, especially when he is given more of an opportunity?

In my opinion.

I am wondering why so many are low on him too?

Sometimes people allow others factors such as past injury history to hinder their opinion on future performance. Some of us are not doctors and we can only trust what we see or what other doctors say. While he has had injuries in the past, that is no indication that his injury risk in the future is any greater then that of Foster, Rice or Peterson. It's football, on any given Sunday on any given play, you know. So if the doctors have cleared him to play, and he is healthy and in good playing shape, which I assume he is since a team is after him and the Saints just gave him 2.3 mil... sometimes pure talent surpasses those factors. In my eyes, Ivory is one heck of a talented back with a mixture if size, speed and power. What is not to love, especially when he is given more of an opportunity?

In my opinion.
:goodposting: :thumbup:

That's what I'm saying. If he is such an injury concern a GM isn't going to lose his job over trading for him. The Jets would just take there chances in the Rookie Draft. Now granted when have the Jets made a lot of sense? (But they have a NEW GM, so we have to give him the benefit of the doubt) Waldman and Bloom are pretty high on Ivory. I trust there opinion a lot more then most on this board I would think. I mean they are the ones getting paid for their analysis for Fantasy Football. :football:

"Per the Saints' website: 'Ivory, 6-0, 222, first joined the Saints as an undrafted free agent out of Tiffin (Ohio) in 2010. He earned a spot out of training camp on the team’s 53-man roster and led the team in rushing in 2010, carrying 137 times for 716 yards (5.2 avg.) with five touchdowns and was a consensus NFL all-rookie selection. In three seasons with the Saints, the Longview, Texas native has carried 256 times for 1,307 yards (5.1 avg.) and eight touchdowns. Ivory’s 5.1 yards per carry average ranks third in franchise record books. In 2012, he appeared in six games with two starts and carried 40 times for 217 yards (5.4 avg.) with two touchdowns, including a 56-yard scoring run that was the longest run by a Saint since 2006.'"

Just impressive. That ypc with so few carries each season. If you look at the top 10 RB's. They are getting 230 plus carries to get that YPC avg up around 5 a game. Very few RB's can do it with so few carries. Anytime I track one of my Fantasy RB's during there games during the season. Even the top ones. There YPC avg is down in the beginning when they've only had 12 carries or less. But once they get more then 12 some carries it goes up. Ivory is doing it with limited touches (for a bruiser like him is impressive)

Not saying he is RB1 material. But if he goes to the Jets I can see consistant RB2 (mid to low) #'s every week.

I don't really have the statistics to back up my opinion, but I would have thought it would have been easier to maintain a high YPC on fewer carries, to the point where high 4's isn't overly impressive because individual plays have such a ridiculous skewing effect on efficiency type stats (See: 50 yard carry...).

That being said, I'm quite a fan. Can't wait until he gets his chance. I reckon he could run into a couple of 1000 yard years if his body holds up. At the same time, I'm selling if someone offers something half decent purely because of the injury risk. Even if he makes me regret it in the short term, he is the type of player you'll forever be biting your nails over, even if he doesn't get injured for a year or two. As unfortunate as it is, he's likely got that moniker for the rest of his career.

I don't really have the statistics to back up my opinion, but I would have thought it would have been easier to maintain a high YPC on fewer carries, to the point where high 4's isn't overly impressive because individual plays have such a ridiculous skewing effect on efficiency type stats (See: 50 yard carry...). That being said, I'm quite a fan. Can't wait until he gets his chance. I reckon he could run into a couple of 1000 yard years if his body holds up. At the same time, I'm selling if someone offers something half decent purely because of the injury risk. Even if he makes me regret it in the short term, he is the type of player you'll forever be biting your nails over, even if he doesn't get injured for a year or two. As unfortunate as it is, he's likely got that moniker for the rest of his career.
I agree with this. He finally gets his chance and if he can get a good game or two unddr his belt at teh beginning of the year he might be a great sell high.

Shonn Greene ranked 19th in 2012 and 20th in 2011 in PPR, 15th in 2012 and 18th in 2011 in non-PPR. He was more durable than Ivory has shown, so that's a concern, while Ivory IMO is a more powerful runner. And a few years younger. Neither is a pass catcher, both are goal line backs. If this deal happens, and Ivory's contract is extended which it almost has to be for a deal to take place, and the Jets signal that he'll be used as Greene was instead of getting a smaller piece of a timeshare pie, it seems to me Ivory s/b ranked in a range similar to what Greene has done (high teens). The Jets are not suddenly going to become a pass-happy team with Sanchez/Garrard/rookie. They tried that before and failed. More ground and pound it shall be. Health and the adding of Goodson are the questions. I think Powell becomes mostly irrelevant. If they believed in him, Ivory and Goodson wouldn't have been targeted. And as far as McKnight goes, it would be great if he could get out of there and have a shot with another team. He's of no use as RB4 for NYJ, and he's shown some ability when given the ball.
Do we really know that Ivory isn't a pass catcher? I seriously don't know how good/bad he is at it. The Saints have arguably two of the best pass catching backs in the league in Sproles and PT. The fact that they didn't use Ivory at all in the passing game doesn't necessarily mean he's not any good at it. I think Goodson has been brought in to be the pass catching back, but in a Mornhinweg offense, Ivory still could catch 30-40 passes himself.

As others have said, this doesn't make sense to me. In every league I play in, a minimum of 30 RBs can be started every week, and in MOXFFL leagues, up to 56 RBs can be started every week.A RB who ranks in the 20-25 range is very valuable.

jacobo_moses said:
Just impressive. That ypc with so few carries each season. If you look at the top 10 RB's. They are getting 230 plus carries to get that YPC avg up around 5 a game. Very few RB's can do it with so few carries. Anytime I track one of my Fantasy RB's during there games during the season. Even the top ones. There YPC avg is down in the beginning when they've only had 12 carries or less. But once they get more then 12 some carries it goes up. Ivory is doing it with limited touches (for a bruiser like him is impressive)
I think you've got things confused here. It's much easier to maintain a high YPC on fewer carries. Only 3 of the 8 players to average 5 ypc or more had more than the 230 carries you mentioned.

And YPC is down in the beginning of a game not because of the number of carries they've had, but because they're running against fresh defenses. A lot of backs start breaking off bigger chunks of yardage late in the game because defenses are more tired... not because they've had more carries.

All I know is I have loved the guy since he has been in the league. Nabbed him off waivers like week 12 or so last year in 6/9 dynasty leagues. I have been following the situation very closely (even getting in a few arguments over what his proper trade value is..haha), but bottom line - the stats back themselves up. He hasn't had any chronic issues, just nicked up here and there and people seem to want to point to that for his lack of playing time way more than the fact he was behind a #2 overall pick in Reggie, and a combo of Pierre Thomas, another 1st round pick in Mark Ingram and one of the best pass catching running backs of all time, IMO of course. All of these guys either have a large amount of $$ or were 1st round picks. Undrafted RB's CAN succeed in this league, but they have to be given a chance. Just too many walls to break through in a limited amount of time in NO. Now in NYJ? Needless to say, I am very excited at his prospects there.

Sorry for the delay. Rereading my post, my point was not clear in that previous post.

My point about Ivory was that he will be a presumed lead back on a less-than-stellar offense first off (goal line chances limited?). Secondly, he could very well be a two-down back at best. Putting everything together, that spells an RB in the 20+ range for fantasy purposes and I was specifically referring to PPR scoring as I rarely play non-PPR. I set my baselines around RB30 in terms of establishing auction values for current and future seasons, so a lower-tier "starter" carrying value, but not as much as most would I think I would guess. While RBs can be flexed, I would guess maybe half the teams in a 12-teamer actually do with regularly, so RB30 or so is a decent baseline for regularly-used fantasy backs. I understand there are leagues where 3, 4, even 5 RBs can be started, but that was not a part of my comment.

It was be a big uptick for Ivory from his current dynasty stock value, but not something I would be enamored with or think it solves my RB2/3 spot for the long-term. Just my take. I hope that clears up what I was attempting to say previously.

Putting everything together, that spells an RB in the 20+ range for fantasy purposes and I was specifically referring to PPR scoring as I rarely play non-PPR. I set my baselines around RB30 in terms of establishing auction values for current and future seasons, so a lower-tier "starter" carrying value.

It was be a big uptick for Ivory from his current dynasty stock value, but not something I would be enamored with or think it solves my RB2/3 spot for the long-term. Just my take. I hope that clears up what I was attempting to say previously.
Thanks for the response Chad. But I am still confused a little bit, because the two points above seem to be contradictory. Unless I am misunderstanding (which is entirely possible, as I've only had one cup of coffee today), but any RB in the RB20 to RB30 range would EXACTLY fall into the RB2 or RB3 range.

And I think that is what gives Ivory value, as nearly every single league starts at least 2. And at 25 years old, there is long term possibilities. Just my two cents.

I would also like to add on his pass catching ability. Do you really think he has been given much of a chance in that department when he plays behind Sproles, Thomas, and Ingram. As long as one of them is healthy more then likely they are in on passing downs. So he isn't exactly in the ideal situation to get his chances there.

Putting everything together, that spells an RB in the 20+ range for fantasy purposes and I was specifically referring to PPR scoring as I rarely play non-PPR. I set my baselines around RB30 in terms of establishing auction values for current and future seasons, so a lower-tier "starter" carrying value. It was be a big uptick for Ivory from his current dynasty stock value, but not something I would be enamored with or think it solves my RB2/3 spot for the long-term. Just my take. I hope that clears up what I was attempting to say previously.
Thanks for the response Chad. But I am still confused a little bit, because the two points above seem to be contradictory. Unless I am misunderstanding (which is entirely possible, as I've only had one cup of coffee today), but any RB in the RB20 to RB30 range would EXACTLY fall into the RB2 or RB3 range. And I think that is what gives Ivory value, as nearly every single league starts at least 2. And at 25 years old, there is long term possibilities. Just my two cents.
I was referring to Ivory's Upside. A low ceiling carries little overall value to me, pretty replaceable in a dynasty sense.

Focusing on Ivory's value this year if he lands with the Jets as a key element of his dynasty value is too narrow imo. Yes, the Jets aren't an ideal situation and he would be a two-down RBBC back. The more important part of Ivory getting shipped to the Jets for his dynasty value is that it will give him a chance (at age 25 as pointed out above) to show the whole league what he is capable of, which could in turn touch off larger opportunities, assuming the Jets don't sign him to a long-term deal.

In a nutshell, in 2010 and again in 2012, Ivory has looked like a back who deserves a lot more work than he has been getting. If he confirms that is true in 2013, then he will get that work in 2014 and beyond

Focusing on Ivory's value this year if he lands with the Jets as a key element of his dynasty value is too narrow imo. Yes, the Jets aren't an ideal situation and he would be a two-down RBBC back. The more important part of Ivory getting shipped to the Jets for his dynasty value is that it will give him a chance (at age 25 as pointed out above) to show the whole league what he is capable of, which could in turn touch off larger opportunities, assuming the Jets don't sign him to a long-term deal. In a nutshell, in 2010 and again in 2012, Ivory has looked like a back who deserves a lot more work than he has been getting. If he confirms that is true in 2013, then he will get that work in 2014 and beyond
I completely agree with all of this. I'm buying all the hype, all the time. Ivory is a beast.

Focusing on Ivory's value this year if he lands with the Jets as a key element of his dynasty value is too narrow imo. Yes, the Jets aren't an ideal situation and he would be a two-down RBBC back. The more important part of Ivory getting shipped to the Jets for his dynasty value is that it will give him a chance (at age 25 as pointed out above) to show the whole league what he is capable of, which could in turn touch off larger opportunities, assuming the Jets don't sign him to a long-term deal.

In a nutshell, in 2010 and again in 2012, Ivory has looked like a back who deserves a lot more work than he has been getting. If he confirms that is true in 2013, then he will get that work in 2014 and beyond
Yes I think we get to focused on where players got drafted and who is ahead of them in the depth chart. Does anyone remember Arian Foster (undrafted) like 2nd and 3rd on the depth chart for a time? And we all know how that turned out. (NO I'M not comparing Foster to Ivory) I'm just saying we get too caught up on the things that don't really matter. When its about all around talent, and situation. Ivory has both of those opportunities before him.

Ivory can fly.

Don't be a #######. Remember the year Turner came to the Falcons? Take this mug if he gets a starting role and fall in love with the production you get. If he falls to 4th / 5th and has a starting role somewhere?Hello Championship.

Users who are viewing this thread