What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Chuck*** thread (1 Viewer)

Tonight was the series finale. I have enjoyed Chuck since the pilot episode and haven't missed a single episode. Each season facing cancellation I know that not everyone enjoyed this show. But I am glad to have been one who did. Was anyone else still hanging on after 5 years?

Tonight was the series finale. I have enjoyed Chuck since the pilot episode and haven't missed a single episode. Each season facing cancellation I know that not everyone enjoyed this show. But I am glad to have been one who did. Was anyone else still hanging on after 5 years?
I'm a few episodes behind, but they are on the DVR and I'll probably watch them soon. Took some weird twists, but I've enjoyed the series quite a bit.

One Word...Jeffster... :lmao: I didn't watch it all the way through, but that was a nice wrap up...And it got a little dusty in my room when she said "Kiss Me"

'toadstool said:
:thumbup: I have enjoyed the series from the begining as well. I'm sorry to see it end. :cry:

'toadstool said:
:thumbup: I have enjoyed the series from the begining as well. I'm sorry to see it end. :cry:
:thumbup: I never missed an episode. One of the few programs that brought back the feeling of watching tv as a kid. I loved and will miss this show. And the finale was truly well done.

'badmojo1006 said:
'toadstool said:
One Word...Jeffster... :lmao: I didn't watch it all the way through, but that was a nice wrap up...And it got a little dusty in my room when she said "Kiss Me"
:goodposting: Jeffster is all kinds of awesome.

'toadstool said:
:thumbup: I never missed an episode. One of the few programs that brought back the feeling of watching tv as a kid. I loved and will miss this show. And the finale was truly well done.
:goodposting: Exactly the same for me. I'm really going to miss this show.

:goodposting: Exactly the same for me. I'm really going to miss this show.
Me too. I finally got around to watching the finale last night. I thought it was a great send-off. I might've tweaked it just a bit and after they kissed cut to a close-up of Sarah smiling so you were left thinking that maybe the kiss did work its magic.But this was a fun show with great characters and a lot of fun guest stars over the years. I don't think it ever really got its due but I loved it and will miss it.

Fantastic show, watched every episode. When they have a show package of all 5 seasons in a year or so I'll definitely buy and re-watch, I really enjoyed this show.

One of my favorites. Watched'em all and going to miss it. It was a light, fun hour that didn't try to be anything else. Even though I liked it, I'm glad they didn't extend it for another season.

One of my favorites. Watched'em all and going to miss it. It was a light, fun hour that didn't try to be anything else. Even though I liked it, I'm glad they didn't extend it for another season.
I wish they'd have another season just so I could see Sarah get her memory back.Yeah, I'm a sap. :bag:

This is/was the only show that I've watched every episode with both of my sons. If one of us was gone when it was airing, then we would wait until all 3 of us could watch it together (they are now 15 and 10). I'm sad to see it go but will always have great memories of the hawt chicks they put in skimpy clothing. :bow:

I wish they'd have another season just so I could see Sarah get her memory back.Yeah, I'm a sap. :bag:
I kind of assumed she got it back when they kissed.
It was clearly left open-ended so you could believe she either did get her memory back or she was falling in love with him again.

It was clearly left open-ended so you could believe she either did get her memory back or she was falling in love with him again.
Yeah. Anyway you spin it, they were getting back together.

I agree. I'd still like to see another season, though. Great show. :)
As much as I liked it, it was getting pretty stale. Each show followed the same plot and there is only so many people that you can put the intersec in to keep it going. I don't typically like shows which use the same plot every episode like CSI or House. Chuck worked better because it kept enough of a background story going.

Didn't you see the guy in the Member's Only jacket walking towards them along the beach?RIP Chuck and Sarah

'Cliff Clavin said:
'packersfan said:
'Cliff Clavin said:
I agree. I'd still like to see another season, though. Great show. :)
As much as I liked it, it was getting pretty stale. Each show followed the same plot and there is only so many people that you can put the intersec in to keep it going. I don't typically like shows which use the same plot every episode like CSI or House. Chuck worked better because it kept enough of a background story going.
I don't know, I thought they could have done more of what they did the first season. Instead of just having some giant faceless evil group that they're constantly trying to thwart, have individuals that they had to stop. And instead of the Intersect basically just being a weapon to fight with, it would be used to piece together bits of information and ways to stop the bad guy. I actually preferred that over constantly trying to go after the next big evil group that was REALLY pulling the strings over the previous big evil group that was supposed to be the ones pulling the strings.

Watched every episode from beginning to end. Thought it was a good finale...... I'll miss Sara's half nakedness...... :bye:

I kind of like the way they left it somewhat open-ended. In my version of what happens next, Sarah doesn't immediately regain her memory but knows that she loves him and they move on together with her slowly regaining pieces.

I'm also really happy they ended with Chuck having the Intersect back. That's the way it should be.

For those that were unaware, Chuck came to Netflix about a week ago. Been giving it a nice rewatch . . .

i think this is a great show.the two chicks are hot. the sister is an improved version of Tiffany Amber Thiessen.
Yeah the sister is defintely hot. I liked last nights villian as well. Scar and all.
So re: blondy... anybody else notice the bad skin? Am I being too picky here... I mean- she's hot as all crap in that WeinerDog outfit, but I keep zoning in on the pock-marks.
I noticed it the first episode, lots of make-up caked on to fill them in.
I bailed on the show after 2 episodes back in 2007, after missing the next few weeks. It was pre-DVR and On-Demand, so I didn't bother since I couldn't catch up.

I've come around on Strahovski, since her turn in Dexter when I watched that series over the last few months. Then I saw this added to Netflix a couple weeks ago, so it was perfect timing to start it again.

5 eps into S1 and already regretting not watching this on it's initial run. Fun show, hot chicks.

i think this is a great show.the two chicks are hot. the sister is an improved version of Tiffany Amber Thiessen.
Yeah the sister is defintely hot. I liked last nights villian as well. Scar and all.
So re: blondy... anybody else notice the bad skin? Am I being too picky here... I mean- she's hot as all crap in that WeinerDog outfit, but I keep zoning in on the pock-marks.
I noticed it the first episode, lots of make-up caked on to fill them in.
I bailed on the show after 2 episodes back in 2007, after missing the next few weeks. It was pre-DVR and On-Demand, so I didn't bother since I couldn't catch up.

I've come around on Strahovski, since her turn in Dexter when I watched that series over the last few months. Then I saw this added to Netflix a couple weeks ago, so it was perfect timing to start it again.

5 eps into S1 and already regretting not watching this on it's initial run. Fun show, hot chicks.
It really was a fun show to watch. I enjoyed it for a while. I think NBC started moving it around and played around with cancelling it a few seasons in and I stopped watching it. One of these days, I have to go back and figure out what I didn't watch because the first few seasons it was one of my favorite shows.

Not a huge fan of the last season's storyline or how they wrapped up the series, but overall, still one of my favorite shows. Wouldn't put it in a list of "best shows", but I enjoyed it quite a bit.

Watching this now for first time with wife and daughter.

10 episodes into season 2 and we all enjoy it very much. Plenty of laughs and just barely good enough story line to make us happy to see the next episode.

Started watching this thing. It's pretty good. I have no idea why though. I'm only 3 episodes. It's not particularly funny. The spy stuff is beyond ridiculous.

But, for some reason, I just like the characters and want to keep watching.

It's also nice to watch Strahovski in her life before being tossed onto the sinking ship of Dexter.

Into the 2nd season now, and this thing has gotten great. Big step up in quality starting towards the end of S1.

The funny thing is that compared to another show about a guy living a secret life that he must hide from the sister he's very close to, works with Vince Masuka, and is dating Yvonne Strahovski (but is unsure of her true motivations) that was intended to be serious, I think I actually care more about these characters (and because it's a comedy, don't mind the ridiculous plot holes).

Maybe Dexter should've been an intentional comedy.

Beware, it gets horrible for a while at the end of Season 2/beginning of Season 3 but then starts to get better again.

Beware, it gets horrible for a while at the end of Season 2/beginning of Season 3 but then starts to get better again.
I'm 17 (of 22) episodes into Season 2 and don't think I've gotten there yet (though I'm still on the lookout for a downslide). It just keeps getting better and better.

It feels like they are going in circles with Chuck/Sarah, but for some reason, I really don't care. I could see where it might get annoying watching it week to week, not knowing how long the series will go on for. I could see it feeling like you tune in each week and feel you've just seen the same scenario every week.

But, binge-watching and knowing there are 5 seasons, I assume each phase of the relationship will happen over a large number of episodes (though I really have no idea what happens with them) and since it will only take me a couple months to watch the entire series, it all still sort of happens fast.

Really though, I just don't care because Sarah's awesome, and Strahovski plays the hell out of her (blown up car scene was great). I don't normally care aout fight scenes, but the car fight scene was brilliant.

Speaking of Awesome, that seemed like a really stupid character in the pilot, but he's well....Awesome.

I also really appreciate that the writers fully embrace the fact that folks tuning in want to see Strahovski looking hot as all hell.

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome is definitely awesome.
Jeffery: Have you ever had a dream not come true?

Awesome: ......No.

Not long after that gem, Lester was wailing out Toto in the Buy More. If that episode happens to be the pinnacle of the series, I'd be fine with that.

I really appreciated that they made Lester a terrible singer. I was convinced he'd really have the voice of an angel, but that wouldn't have been very funny.

Users who are viewing this thread