What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Clash of Clans (Official thread) (3 Viewers)

The Future Champs said:
Anyone know a "lone star"? Stopped by Honda, said he was from the ffa, then left for another fbg clan. All this two hours before a war start.
He can give up 3 stars but get 6 0 stars.

culdeus said:
PatsWillWin said:
PlasmaDogPlasma said:
You can get 6 stars but only give up 3
I've seen this posted a lot and it's always struck me as a little...dumb. I get what it means, but it's not exactly true. While everyone can give up three stars, not everyone can get six. There are 150 stars available in a 50 person war, not 300. So putting it like this ignores the fact that there are double the number of opportunities to get a 3 star win than there are to take a 3 star loss, and that seems to downplay the importance of defense.

I hear all the Reddit theorycraft, but I think there's way too much time spent here talking about how to game the match ups - particularly after the last update which makes .5ing much less viable IMO.

I haven't seen a change in our match-ups in Quattro since I built the the IT and X-Bow (this is the first war that I've had two IT's). We had one TH10 with TH10 defenses before me - given that the Quattro spread goes all the way down to TH7, I just don't think it's going to have a huge impact,

As for doing damage to TH10's, unless I'm mistaken, Quattro has literally never been in a position where we needed to add stars to TH10 for non-XP-maxing reasons. Maybe once or twice, but I don't think it's happened. We have a lot of one-star efforts on TH10's, but usually (for me) that's because I'm focusing on guaranteeing one star because it's for the XP. The match-up stuff has way more important to clans that are much further progressed IMO - including FBGs and probably the Reddit clans as a whole. We still have several guys rolling out L2 dragon attacks, I don't think we need to worry about match-up problems. Maybe in six months we'll start hitting the issues FBGs is, but by then, who knows what the match-ups will be based on, etc.
Explain this. I hear this all the time. To me the update has made the .5 strategy even stronger. Especially 9.5. 8.5 probably is not as viable as before, but not so much that we should freak out about.
The .5 approach is to not build/upgrade defense so as not to make war match-ups harder. Defense quality/rating/whatever is now less of a factor in war match-ups. It has to be since walls and heroes are now a factor when they weren't before.

So I don't know how much it reduces the match-up benefit, but that's mainly because nobody can quantify how much a benefit it creates anyways.

Plus with the raiding change, you're going to get your #### kicked in a lot more than before since you can't hide behind trophy counts.

culdeus said:
PatsWillWin said:
PlasmaDogPlasma said:
You can get 6 stars but only give up 3
I've seen this posted a lot and it's always struck me as a little...dumb. I get what it means, but it's not exactly true. While everyone can give up three stars, not everyone can get six. There are 150 stars available in a 50 person war, not 300. So putting it like this ignores the fact that there are double the number of opportunities to get a 3 star win than there are to take a 3 star loss, and that seems to downplay the importance of defense.

I hear all the Reddit theorycraft, but I think there's way too much time spent here talking about how to game the match ups - particularly after the last update which makes .5ing much less viable IMO.

I haven't seen a change in our match-ups in Quattro since I built the the IT and X-Bow (this is the first war that I've had two IT's). We had one TH10 with TH10 defenses before me - given that the Quattro spread goes all the way down to TH7, I just don't think it's going to have a huge impact,

As for doing damage to TH10's, unless I'm mistaken, Quattro has literally never been in a position where we needed to add stars to TH10 for non-XP-maxing reasons. Maybe once or twice, but I don't think it's happened. We have a lot of one-star efforts on TH10's, but usually (for me) that's because I'm focusing on guaranteeing one star because it's for the XP. The match-up stuff has way more important to clans that are much further progressed IMO - including FBGs and probably the Reddit clans as a whole. We still have several guys rolling out L2 dragon attacks, I don't think we need to worry about match-up problems. Maybe in six months we'll start hitting the issues FBGs is, but by then, who knows what the match-ups will be based on, etc.
Explain this. I hear this all the time. To me the update has made the .5 strategy even stronger. Especially 9.5. 8.5 probably is not as viable as before, but not so much that we should freak out about.
The .5 approach is to not build/upgrade defense so as not to make war match-ups harder. Defense quality/rating/whatever is now less of a factor in war match-ups. It has to be since walls and heroes are now a factor when they weren't before.

So I don't know how much it reduces the match-up benefit, but that's mainly because nobody can quantify how much a benefit it creates anyways.

Plus with the raiding change, you're going to get your #### kicked in a lot more than before since you can't hide behind trophy counts.
Maybe it was overlooked but they backed off nearly all the way on the matchmake change for war in a hot fix. Most think they reverted to the old system but instead let search run longer.

Got bored. Decided to run the numbers on the prior two wars. FBGS run is the war with korea. Only difference from korea to japan was pdp was in and shuke was out. Interesting how well we overlaid with korea and how poorly we overlaid with japan.

japan was 21 minutes

korea was more like what? 48 min.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwEnEbl4YrneYUE3N3prUnBPb0U/view?usp=sharing
How do you find war weight?
Look at how much elixer are in the storages

Last edited by a moderator:
Got bored. Decided to run the numbers on the prior two wars. FBGS run is the war with korea. Only difference from korea to japan was pdp was in and shuke was out. Interesting how well we overlaid with korea and how poorly we overlaid with japan.

japan was 21 minutes

Thanks.

japan was 21 minutes

Thanks.
Remember there is a multiple of 8000000 if the person does not have 8mm capacity.

japan was 21 minutes

What?

japan was 21 minutes

What?
Go to the scout screen. Info the elixir storage. The amount that is in their is your weight.

And then there was this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_k8cVY3WAI

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZH5n1D4yFF1KGrtnWC46P8UwKJKXW3r4z33TV1qFQ6U/htmlview?sle=true#

I think this nearly identically aligns with my feelings. Only shockers in here are the mortars having = weight to wiz towers. I think/hope that witches are a typo. That makes no sense at all.

The rest of it is probably right on the money.

Offense was about 15-20% of the weight by my estimations earlier. This comes in on the high side of that at 20% dropping the hero weight from this for the moment.

do you guys suggest building ANY defenses/traps for the 9.5 strategy? I've been doing it for a month now and haven't done any but i noticed some 9.5s do add the extra archer and cannon ( and traps?)

do you guys suggest building ANY defenses/traps for the 9.5 strategy? I've been doing it for a month now and haven't done any but i noticed some 9.5s do add the extra archer and cannon ( and traps?)
Someone just published the holy grail. Give us some time to digest this.

Early thoughts

• Holy ####, small bombs. Wish I could sell them and erase them from the map. Wow.
  • The witch weight is either a typo (x10) or else they really missed the mark there. Lets get clarification on this.
  • I think we knew the xbow/inferno were linear progresion. There seemed to be some thought to saying once start go to max. This pokes a GIANT hole in that theory.
  • Mortars will become as maligned in serious war clans as any other tower, wow. What a waste.
  • A little shocked to see the freeze spell carry that much. Maybe we slow our roll on that as an early th9.5 push. Not sure. Need to digest this.

I have determined that one L1 cannon, no walls, no traps, no spell factory, no lab, no heroes and only L1 barracks is the best way to go.

japan was 21 minutes

What?
Go to the scout screen. Info the elixir storage. The amount that is in their is your weight.
I must be an idiot. You mean the scout page during war? I click on elixir storage and it says 13867. So, 4x is 55468? That is my weight?

If all that's true....

Why on earth would they have the small bombs weighted equal to the big bombs?

If you decide to upgrade witches, you better be using them often.

How can hounds weigh less than valks?

Hogs weigh less than minions?

Mortars may be the least useful for war - lol

If all that's true....

Why on earth would they have the small bombs weighted equal to the big bombs?

If you decide to upgrade witches, you better be using them often.

How can hounds weigh less than valks?

Hogs weigh less than minions?

Mortars may be the least useful for war - lol
yeah, some dumb stuff. not sure I believe it yet

Also doesn't make sense for each additional cannon, archer tower, wizard tower, mortar level to be weighed less than the level before it. That doesn't mesh with them charging much more gold for each additional upgrade.

japan was 21 minutes

What?
I must be an idiot. You mean the scout page during war? I click on elixir storage and it says 13867. So, 4x is 55468? That is my weight?
Your weight is

4 * Elixer storage * (Your personal max storage / 8000000)

I knew something like this was leaking soon so I did a quick spreadsheet this morning. That, and I am a hopeless nerd. In my spreadsheet I just used X1, but people commonly use the x4 weight for no real purpose.

Also doesn't make sense for each additional cannon, archer tower, wizard tower, mortar level to be weighed less than the level before it. That doesn't mesh with them charging much more gold for each additional upgrade.
I had a sneaking suspicion that each level of tower was worth a little less than the first one. I was on to that as we had people that did and did not do new towers as a 9.5

Users who are viewing this thread