What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Combine thread (1 Viewer)

Ryan Mallet is the most polished thrower in this class. If Jay Cutler and Eli Manning can have success in the NFL, Ryan Mallett can have success in the NFL. He certainly didn't lay down and die against Ohio State. In fact, had his receivers caught the damn ball they probably would have won all on his shoulders. It is foolish to dismiss him because you like comparing anyone with a bunk personality to Ryan Leaf and Jeff George.
What is the correlation between Eli / Cutler / Mallett?
Eli has the personality of a wet mop and Cutler is an obvious head case who has still been able to lead a team to a NFC championship game. Seems that so many around here just want to dismiss Mallett because he seems to be socially inept. He may be the only passer in the draft that can make the ridiculous throws that only the best of the best can make.
Neither eli or cutler are crackheads though.
Is it Crack that he's been accused of using? I thought it was Cocaine and Pills..

Ryan Mallet is the most polished thrower in this class. If Jay Cutler and Eli Manning can have success in the NFL, Ryan Mallett can have success in the NFL. He certainly didn't lay down and die against Ohio State. In fact, had his receivers caught the damn ball they probably would have won all on his shoulders. It is foolish to dismiss him because you like comparing anyone with a bunk personality to Ryan Leaf and Jeff George.
He may be the only passer in the draft that can make the ridiculous throws that only the best of the best can make.
Mallet will never be a NFL QB. He doesn't have the head for it and the kid can't handle pressure from the front 7, is a terrible decision maker and is inaccurate on the run.
I simply disagree. It's tough to take away anything from just one game but Cam Heywood was on Mallet's ### all night and he stood in the pocket and delivered. His WR's failed him that night. I saw a poised guy who made more than one throw that I don't think Newton nor Gabbert could make. I can't wait to see Waldman's take. I may be wrong but Mallett's talent as a pure passer is impressive to me.

Titus Young out with a cramp. Guy didn't give full effort and now leaves with a cramp
I wouldn't be so quick to say that, might be battling through something. He didn't look right from drill #1, I'm more inclined to believe everything I've seen/read to this point but I'm keeping an open mind if more negative info comes out.

No RB times impressing me yet, physiques notable though. Some of these guys don't look strong enough some are built like tanks. One tank had a good time for a tank. I think that was clay mball mentioned earlier

Eli has the personality of a wet mop and Cutler is an obvious head case who has still been able to lead a team to a NFC championship game. Seems that so many around here just want to dismiss Mallett because he seems to be socially inept. He may be the only passer in the draft that can make the ridiculous throws that only the best of the best can make.
Neither eli or cutler are crackheads though.
Is it Crack that he's been accused of using? I thought it was Cocaine and Pills..
It was coke but people want to perpetuate the hate anyway they can. Writing off players for past discretion's is moronic. LT, Irvin and Nate Newton all used coke while IN the league. I'm not saying it's right or that it isn't a concern. It is a huge concern but you can't totally write off a player unless it has diminished his skill or if you don't think it can be overcome.

Helu Jr 4.43

Kendall Hunter 4.47

Hynoski looks like calf cramp at the end

Ingram weird run, high stepping at end, full effort just weird form at end. Not saying his time grrr but did show 21.7 mph

Leshoure 4.56

Dion Lewis looked displeased at end 4.59

Derrick Locke (my prediction for fastest, announcers saying hearing good things. In 2008 4.21 at pro day. Two false starts.) Real bad start 4.53

stanford guy Owen Marcic(sp?)

I'll be editing, adding to this post

Last edited by a moderator:
Titus Young out with a cramp. Guy didn't give full effort and now leaves with a cramp
I wouldn't be so quick to say that, might be battling through something. He didn't look right from drill #1, I'm more inclined to believe everything I've seen/read to this point but I'm keeping an open mind if more negative info comes out.
It was obvious he didn't give full effort in that catching drill. Announcers said so too

I'm disappointed because he's a guy I was really excited to see at the combine; one of my favorite WRs, one who I planned on grabbing with late 1st round picks.

Man, these running backs are beefy as hell. Tons of big backs available in this draft with acceptable 4.5 speed.

I'm disappointed because he's a guy I was really excited to see at the combine; one of my favorite WRs, one who I planned on grabbing with late 1st round picks.
Wait and see what happens between now and after his pro day, writing a guy off due to one poor performance before we know any info other than what we saw on tv would be very trigger happy. I still have my doubts about him, but he didn't look right from the beginning; I think he's banged up.

I guess it is live.

So Hunter and Helu both had 4.46 or so. Is this what was expected? I thought Hunter was faster and Helu was slower than that.
Helu has this reputation, but that's only because he played through injuries nearly his entire career at Nebraska. He's got great long speed when healthy.

I guess it is live.

So Hunter and Helu both had 4.46 or so. Is this what was expected? I thought Hunter was faster and Helu was slower than that.
Helu has this reputation, but that's only because he played through injuries nearly his entire career at Nebraska. He's got great long speed when healthy.
Word :thumbsup: I didn't get a chance to watch a single Nebraska game last season. Is there a thread about Helu?

Watching NFLN and Locke ran unofficial 4.53 40. After all they spoke about him (mentioned a 4.21 previously in 2008), was expecting a bit better.

Wait and see what happens between now and after his pro day, writing a guy off due to one poor performance before we know any info other than what we saw on tv would be very trigger happy. I still have my doubts about him, but he didn't look right from the beginning; I think he's banged up.
Oh, I'm not writing him off at all, just was looking forward to see how he looked in the drills because I thought he'd come out looking great.

I guess it is live.

Word :thumbsup: I didn't get a chance to watch a single Nebraska game last season. Is there a thread about Helu?
Not really, I just found this write-up I did from '09 while searching, though: http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=486202&st=0&p=10762353&hl=helu&fromsearch=1entry10762353Honestly I don't remember writing that.

Darrelle Scott 4.35 (Didn't see, talking with under armour guy)

Vai Taua 4.6

Todman 4.44

Daniel Thomas a scratch?

Shane Vereen 4.51

Johnny White 4.56

'Bri said:
Darrelle Scott 4.35 (Didn't see, talking with under armour guy)Vai TauaTodman 4.44Daniel Thomas a scratch?Shane Vereen they just said "that's a good time" didn't say timeJohnny White 4.56
Taua ran a 4.6Don't think Thomas went.

Colour me shocked DeMarco Murray ran in the 4.3s. I would have guessed he could run in the 4.3s in his freshman season, but the past couple seasons it looked like the injuries had caught up with him and he looked much slower than earlier in his career. I was thinking he was going to run in the 4.5s or 4.6s.

Colour me shocked DeMarco Murray ran in the 4.3s. I would have guessed he could run in the 4.3s in his freshman season, but the past couple seasons it looked like the injuries had caught up with him and he looked much slower than earlier in his career. I was thinking he was going to run in the 4.5s or 4.6s.
Had no clue what he'd run, but I just don't think he's a good rusher. :pickle:I see him more as a kickoff/potential 3rd down guy.--------Ingram with 4.51. Not bad at all.

no times given during Cam newton invterview

Ingram ran again, no high stepping this time 4.58 first, no time given

back to Cam interview

I've liked what Terrance Toliver has shown so far during the Combine.

Good hands in the gauntlet, a 4.52 40 and a fluid three-cone showing. Does anyone agree with me that he could be a steal in the mid-rounds?

Users who are viewing this thread