What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Combine thread (1 Viewer)

Aaron Wilson tweeted that Mallett interviews with teams going very well, apologetic for mistakes

no times given during Cam newton invterviewIngram ran again, no high stepping this time 4.58 first, no time givenback to Cam interview
Seems like NFL network has one or times every year where they have an interview during an event that people actually want to see. While its overrated in its draft impact, I do want to see 40 yards not just to see tyhe pure speed, but how fluid these guys are when they run.

Nice question by Mayock to Cam. Don't know if Mayock was being kind saying 'nice answer' (at least he did answer it), but it showed an unwillness to adjust to a system (i.e. he went to Auburn because it fit him). Unfortunately, the NFL level doesn't work that way where you get to pick a system that suits you.

In a league where Jason Campbell is a starter, I'm sure Cam will be too. I just don't have anywhere close to the expectations as with Bradford or Luck.

Johnny White 4.56 first,

Amidst commentary Sayne 4.44

Ryan Williams 4..5 first, 4.59

that's it, so we missed a ton in this coverage.

Todman 4.44 first, didn't hear time if they said itVereen 4.51 first, 4.47
I'm down to vision as far as separating the best RB's from the rest. A lot of the big names all look about the same as far as speed and size.

no times given during Cam newton invterviewIngram ran again, no high stepping this time 4.58 first, no time givenback to Cam interview
Seems like NFL network has one or times every year where they have an interview during an event that people actually want to see. While its overrated in its draft impact, I do want to see 40 yards not just to see tyhe pure speed, but how fluid these guys are when they run.
Yeah that Cam interview totally didn't have to be aired live. That was a real bad choice IMO.

I'm down to vision as far as separating the best RB's from the rest. A lot of the big names all look about the same as far as speed and size.
I think this is a weak class when traditionally compared to workhorse backs. However, I think there's a ton of 3rd down backs and there's nothing wrong with that. Those guys would be real useful to their teams. I'm leery though that teams are going to miscast these guys and they'll have short careers being labeled ineffective

Statement re Thomas was he had an injury (hammy?) a few weeks ago and didn't think he was 100% so he's waiting for his pro day

Next to no coverage of Locke or Cobb today.

I thought both could be significant based upon scores today

'Bojang0301 said:
Ryan Mallet is the most polished thrower in this class. If Jay Cutler and Eli Manning can have success in the NFL, Ryan Mallett can have success in the NFL. He certainly didn't lay down and die against Ohio State. In fact, had his receivers caught the damn ball they probably would have won all on his shoulders. It is foolish to dismiss him because you like comparing anyone with a bunk personality to Ryan Leaf and Jeff George.
At the same time he was awful with a guy in his face or near his feet and his passes were off all day long. And he showed the mobility/escapability of a statue back there. Heyward was dominating him coming through the line.And he does have those character/personality issues. Sorry that you can't handle that there is risk there with this guy.

'Bri said:
'King of the Jungle said:
'Bojang0301 said:
Ryan Mallet is the most polished thrower in this class. If Jay Cutler and Eli Manning can have success in the NFL, Ryan Mallett can have success in the NFL. He certainly didn't lay down and die against Ohio State. In fact, had his receivers caught the damn ball they probably would have won all on his shoulders. It is foolish to dismiss him because you like comparing anyone with a bunk personality to Ryan Leaf and Jeff George.
What is the correlation between Eli / Cutler / Mallett?
I think he was simply mentioning two that panned out. Mallett has been compared to every bust in the history of football after one bad presser so the negatives are super exaggerated right now
It wasn't just one bad presser that did this to him.

OK so we've seen that Bradford commercial 10k times. Am I the only one that thinks Devaney could have called him instead of texting?

I think this is a weak class when traditionally compared to workhorse backs. However, I think there's a ton of 3rd down backs and there's nothing wrong with that. Those guys would be real useful to their teams. I'm leery though that teams are going to miscast these guys and they'll have short careers being labeled ineffective
With the RBBC the current flavor, a lot of them will get plenty of reps. New Orleans went thru 8 RBs last year. Makes it tougher in FF. I'm going with whoever had the ability to take it to the house. The 25 carry 100 yard RB is gone from the NFL right now.

'Bojang0301 said:
'Kai said:
'Bojang0301 said:
'King of the Jungle said:
'Bojang0301 said:
What is the correlation between Eli / Cutler / Mallett?
He may be the only passer in the draft that can make the ridiculous throws that only the best of the best can make.
Mallet will never be a NFL QB. He doesn't have the head for it and the kid can't handle pressure from the front 7, is a terrible decision maker and is inaccurate on the run.
I simply disagree. It's tough to take away anything from just one game but Cam Heywood was on Mallet's ### all night and he stood in the pocket and delivered. His WR's failed him that night. I saw a poised guy who made more than one throw that I don't think Newton nor Gabbert could make. I can't wait to see Waldman's take. I may be wrong but Mallett's talent as a pure passer is impressive to me.
If you saw poise in that game vs. OSU...not sure you watched the same game.I saw a guy flustered with anyguy near him who through terribly in the face of pressure (and yes, his WRs did him no favors on other passes either).

Who is Sayne? Didn't see him, his time really stood out to announcers
Brandon Saine - Ohio State. Mr. Ohio in Football. Big, fast, not very shifty. Strong though. Interesting player, but not much of a track record at OSU due to injuries/Pryor/Boom Herron splitting time due to lack of confidence in his ability to stay healthy. Watch his games and its obvious he'd be fast, but if his agility were as good as his speed/size, he'd be a top-three RB in this draft. It's not though.

Da"rel Scott 4.35

Fannin 4.37

Murray 4.38

Helu 4.42

Saine 4.44

Todman 4.44

Locke 4.46 (this is way too high, no clue what happened)

Hunter 4.47

Vereen 4.47

Alex Green 4.52

Colour me shocked DeMarco Murray ran in the 4.3s. I would have guessed he could run in the 4.3s in his freshman season, but the past couple seasons it looked like the injuries had caught up with him and he looked much slower than earlier in his career. I was thinking he was going to run in the 4.5s or 4.6s.
Had no clue what he'd run, but I just don't think he's a good rusher. :(I see him more as a kickoff/potential 3rd down guy.--------Ingram with 4.51. Not bad at all.
I think he is ok as a rusher...but I want him for what you said...returns and 3rd down. (perfect fit if GB lets Jackson go and Murray falls in the 2nd...this 40 time makes that much less likely now)>

Lewis sweet lateral move

They were looking for him to stand out, then Locke scooted well, then the point of emphasis when a FB ran the drill

Dion Lewis gonna leave some defenders grasping at air soon. Unreal change of direction.

Ryan Williams also looked pretty good.

Statement re Thomas was he had an injury (hammy?) a few weeks ago and didn't think he was 100% so he's waiting for his pro day
And yet he dresses out as if he's going to compete? The guy misses the senior bowl and scratches the 40.He'll be 24 a few weeks after opening day.Big guy that runs small.And he's a fumbling machine that handles the football like a live grenade. Refuses to place his index finger on the point of the ball. Horrific running mechanics.Daniel Thomas is the Jonathan Dwyer of the 2011 RB class. Welcome to the 3rd day DT...

:( 40's more for show.I'd take Quiz all day, any day over Demarco Murray (who I believe just ran in the 4.3's) in fantasy.
I'll take Murray.
Impressive straight ahead, but doesn't make guys miss. (Something I think Quiz does)I think Murray can be a decent kickoff return/3rd down back. (I think if Quiz gets an opportunity via injury or whatever the circumstance, could be more than that)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ingram stock dropping. Would be shocked to see him go before late round one.

4.6 and 31" vert. Looks sloppy in agility drills.

Top 2 picks in dynasty drafts should be the stud wr's.

Seeing so many names we didn't in 40.

First three didn't do it correctly

Carter did.

Clay looks horrible. High and ugh

Cooper nice job

Draughn pretyyu good

Evans 270lb? too high for me

missed one

Alex Green Mayock called sleeper

Harper good run, looks intense

Helu almost fell but he runs mean, like him.

Hunter "really good feet: they said

Ingram did that fast

LeShoure ok

Lewis smooth

Locke good

Owen FB pretty good for a FB maybe real good

DeMarco very good

Ridley looked upright or high

Rodgers good

Ingram stock dropping. Would be shocked to see him go before late round one.4.6 and 31" vert. Looks sloppy in agility drills.Top 2 picks in dynasty drafts should be the stud wr's.
you're crazy and if you're right, put him down for ROY the day of the draft then

And yet he dresses out as if he's going to compete? The guy misses the senior bowl and scratches the 40.He'll be 24 a few weeks after opening day.Big guy that runs small.And he's a fumbling machine that handles the football like a live grenade. Refuses to place his index finger on the point of the ball. Horrific running mechanics.Daniel Thomas is the Jonathan Dwyer of the 2011 RB class. Welcome to the 3rd day DT...
Ok. I'll talk this bum up at our draft.

I agreed with Marshall before last drill-what's the point, but those guys that ran so upright were sorely exposed. I'm sure every one of them is going to redo that at their pro day

I've liked what Terrance Toliver has shown so far during the Combine.Good hands in the gauntlet, a 4.52 40 and a fluid three-cone showing. Does anyone agree with me that he could be a steal in the mid-rounds?
No, when he gets on the field he disappears. He's an athlete, not a football player.

Stephen Paea was name I couldn't hear earlier. Set record for bench press with 49. Lott was great at end pushing him for some extra

can Berry see the freaking cones? 2nd drill he's just flat out missed going around the cone by at least a foot. Last one was a whole bunch

That indicate to me that he was uncoachable

Ingram stock dropping. Would be shocked to see him go before late round one.4.6 and 31" vert. Looks sloppy in agility drills.Top 2 picks in dynasty drafts should be the stud wr's.
you're crazy and if you're right, put him down for ROY the day of the draft then
I agree. Nothing Ingram did surprised me. He's a terrific RB prospect with outstanding quickness (as evidenced by his 10-yard split), strength, & vision. This kid reminds me so much of Emmitt, only bigger & stronger.Ingram is a lock to be a stud, IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Who is Sayne? Didn't see him, his time really stood out to announcers
Brandon Saine - Ohio State. Mr. Ohio in Football. Big, fast, not very shifty. Strong though. Interesting player, but not much of a track record at OSU due to injuries/Pryor/Boom Herron splitting time due to lack of confidence in his ability to stay healthy. Watch his games and its obvious he'd be fast, but if his agility were as good as his speed/size, he'd be a top-three RB in this draft. It's not though.
He's going to be a great coach, but he's not an NFL player. Once Boom started getting it Saine's PT got cut because he's just not that special of a talent. Should be a decent 3rd down/#2 or #3 back though.

That video of the 10-yd start to the 40 with Ingram toward the leaders of RBs was very interesting (and Faulk's take on how important that was).

Users who are viewing this thread