What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Company secrets they dont want you to know (1 Viewer)

i haven't used shampoo (or conditioner) to wash my hair in over 20+ years ... the only time it hits my head is when i go for a cut/style (every 6 weeks).

got me a bar of Ivory soap that i use in the shower to clean the hair - that's it. 

full head o'hair, with no signs of loss or thinning - lest i just jinxed myself? 

:unsure:

The same bar that Dad uses to wash his hairy ### with? 

A friend of mine swears that Costco vodka is Grey Goose. 

He's probably not wrong.  This PLANET MONEY Podcast I listened to a few years ago dove into that sort of topic - sort of like Butter, apparently the base vodka is all the same, or mostly all the same - it's just additional purification/filtration or flavor additives that make the difference - but it all comes from the same fermenting vats/producers.

Also Crown Salted Caramel when they have had it.

I prefer good bourbon…but having a sweet tooth as well…some flavor from time to time on a cold night isn’t a bad thing.
Skrewball peanut butter flavored whiskey, chilled, with a salted rim ends up tasting like salted caramel.  It's delicious and I don't mind saying that I have one or two every time I'm at my local watering hole

the fat cats dont want you to know that corn is all made by the same company so stop buying gourmet artisinal corn it is literally the same crap with a different label take that to the bank bromigos 

Skrewball peanut butter flavored whiskey, chilled, with a salted rim ends up tasting like salted caramel.  It's delicious and I don't mind saying that I have one or two every time I'm at my local watering hole

I spent some time down the youtube rabbit hole in PB whiskeys ...hard to believe their are so many liquor review "video podcasts" out there ...and so many of them are soooooooooooo bad - like horrific bad   :lmao:

I couldn't believe the advice they were giving out - like use grape juice with this to make a PB&J

we've been doing it for years with Frangelico and Chambord ...amateurs.  

using a PB flavored whiskey could be even better

I spent some time down the youtube rabbit hole in PB whiskeys ...hard to believe their are so many liquor review "video podcasts" out there ...and so many of them are soooooooooooo bad - like horrific bad   :lmao:

I couldn't believe the advice they were giving out - like use grape juice with this to make a PB&J

we've been doing it for years with Frangelico and Chambord ...amateurs.  

using a PB flavored whiskey could be even better
I had a PB&J shot with Skrewball and Chambord.  It was pretty good.  I prefer the Skrewball straight-up, but the mix was decent.

the fat cats dont want you to know that corn is all made by the same company so stop buying gourmet artisinal corn it is literally the same crap with a different label take that to the bank bromigos 

amaized most don't know this

🌽

• Love
Reactions: SWC
Also Crown Salted Caramel when they have had it.

I prefer good bourbon…but having a sweet tooth as well…some flavor from time to time on a cold night isn’t a bad thing.
Unfortunately they didn’t make it this year.  

our go-to tailgate drink-

salted caramel CR, apple CR, ginger ale. 

Example from a buddy... marketing shampoo, they purposely show commercials pouring out more shampoo than necessary to encourage people to use more of the product than needed.

i haven't used shampoo (or conditioner) to wash my hair in over 20+ years ... the only time it hits my head is when i go for a cut/style (every 6 weeks).

got me a bar of Ivory soap that i use in the shower to clean the hair - that's it.

full head o'hair, with no signs of loss or thinning - lest i just jinxed myself?

:unsure:
If @2Young2BBald posted this, he’d be a liar.

Fireball has its place.
I have a really large bar and whiskey collection at my house - I’d be lying I’d I said I didn’t own a few bottles of flavored whiskey. Top of head I think I have Crown Royal Peach, Absolute Vanilla, Fireball, P-Nutty (PB whiskey), couple of flavored moonshines. None of them are worth drinking near save that CY Peach - that stuff if actually pretty damn tasty.
When I read your first post I was going to suggest you try Crown Royal Peach. Good man!

Obviously no dairy farmers here. Blood in milk can be common while a cow is milking calves, but that cow would not be milked for human consumption. Milk gets tested before it's ever put in the tanker trucks and if there is an discoloring it will be rejected. It may still get collected for other uses as there are different grades of milk, but it will not get used for human consumption.
I saw a video of a dairy farmer who debunked this with a full explanation. It all gets tested for blood and a bunch of other things before all going to the big vat of milk.

Similar to butter comments, many generic/local store private label brands are from a common source. Most people probably are aware of this.
My buddy has a Jalapeño Sauce... also bottles the exact same sauce for Trader Joes. Just different bottles and labels.

banks don’t care about your business for the most part. every consumer complains and complains and says they are a customer for 20 years and i am going to move my $5000. go, please. retail banking is a loss. go to the newspaper, call your congressman, we don’t care. we turn on the lights and make a billion dollars a quarter. i tell people all the time a bank is a business, it’s not a charity. like any other business. if you go to a supermarket and you hate them and they treat you poorly and all you do is complain, do you keep shopping there or do you go somewhere else?
Sounds like you work(ed) for Chase.

100% true of the big banks. They expect people to bank with them because they are Chase or BofA or Wells etc... but for the most part they don't care. Dimon has said he doesn't want mortgages... they do like the cheap deposits though that they then want to lend out in commercial loans where they make their money.

Community banks and Credit Unions actually do want your business though.

banks don’t care about your business for the most part. every consumer complains and complains and says they are a customer for 20 years and i am going to move my $5000. go, please. retail banking is a loss. go to the newspaper, call your congressman, we don’t care. we turn on the lights and make a billion dollars a quarter. i tell people all the time a bank is a business, it’s not a charity. like any other business. if you go to a supermarket and you hate them and they treat you poorly and all you do is complain, do you keep shopping there or do you go somewhere else?
You say that but my mother brought down a bank 25 years ago. So, for most people, I'd say you're right. But, then again, don't #### with my mother - it's a bad idea.
Wait... what?

Since you are in Alabama I was going to guess Colonial Bank, but I think that was in the 2007 - 2010 neighborhood of when they got busted.
My mother is deceased and I don't remember details, but if I remember it was a small bank in Tennessee. They were taking escrow monies and not paying the insurance, etc. She got state regulators on them (she put lots of effort into it) and it ended up shuttering the bank.
That doesn't seem like a very smart idea. It doesn't take long for people to realize things aren't being laid.

The new perforated paper towels that claim to be half sheets are actual 3/4 sheets. The companies realize most people will tear off 2 sheets when they have “half sheets” so they’re actually using a sheet and a half to clean up spills - making you go through a roll through much faster.

PSA from the videos for those who dont watch.

All butter is the same butter. The same plant will send to 8 different packaging plants. Great value is the same as name brands.
My grandfather ran a grocery store. I remember him talking about this. My grandmother never believed him and insisted on buying more expensive name-brand butter. It drove him nuts.

Users who are viewing this thread