What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Correction in today's email Update - HOU RBs (1 Viewer)

Joe Bryant

Guide
Staff member
Hi Folks,

For you guys that get the Daily Email Update. I made an error today with HOU RBs. 

Just sent this correction:

Hi Folks,

I want to apologize for an error I made in this morning's Daily Email Update. As we told you yesterday in Update #211 you received Monday morning, Houston RB D'Onta Foreman suffered a torn Achilles in Sunday's game. It was a devastating blow for Foreman and the Texans as Foreman was emerging in a big way.

In today's email, we wrote incorrectly about the Texans RBs. The correct info is we're expecting Alfred Blue to return from his hamstring issue and be the backup to Lamar Miller.

From Deepi Sidhu's article on HoustonTexans.com

“I do expect Alfred to be back,” O’Brien said. “D’Onta was starting to really play well, obviously, in that game. He’s a big guy. He’s a very tough, physical runner. Good out of the backfield in the passing game. Was really starting to understand our offense. So, it’s just one of those things. It’s tough. It’s tough for him, but he’s a young player, he’ll be back. I would say that hopefully Alfred will come back here and be able to practice this week and help us because Alfred’s, really, in practice and on special teams, he’s done a really good job for us when he’s been healthy. So, hopefully we get him back.”

If Foreman is placed on injured reserve, the Texans will have three healthy running backs on the active roster: Miller, Blue and special teams contributor Jordan Todman. Second-year running back Tyler Ervin also landed on IR on October 4 after seeing action in four games this season. With multiple injuries at the position, O’Brien said the team might look to sign another back if needed.

“I’m assuming that D’Onta might be done for the year, so if he goes to injured reserve, we’ve got to find a way to replace that spot, so I’m sure Rick (Smith) and I will talk about that at some point,” O’Brien said."

So bottom line is it looks like a heavy workload for Miller. With Blue hopefully back and healthy as the backup with a bigger role than he'd seen before now that Foreman is out. We'll keep an eye on practice this week for you as to how this shapes up.

Apologies for the confusion. I'd fire the guy responsible but unfortunately that's me. Have a great Thanksgiving week and we'll see you tomorrow with the Update.

Joe Bryant

Footballguys.com

Users who are viewing this thread