What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Covid Vaccination: Florida-52% of Seniors in Palm Beach already received theirs AND now 18+ ONLY a Dr's Note like when you are late for work or want m (2 Viewers)

Interesting. I have to ask... why? Have we actually digressed so badly as a nation that we need to pay people to protect themselves? Or is there some other thought behind your statement? I am assuming there is I am am just missing your point. At least I hope I am.
He's a lawyer and they like to settle things and many times money is one of the easiest ways to do that in a blood thirsty capitalistic society like the one we are living in is to pass out money so that everyone shuts up and goes on with their lives. 

That's my take. 

Last edited by a moderator:
He's a lawyer and they like to settle things and many times money is the easiest ways to do that in a blood thirsty capitalistic society like the one we are living in is to pass out money so that everyone shuts up and goes on with their lives. 

That's my take. 
Nah.  

a lot of people in this country are too dumb to protect themselves and others around them so pay them off to do so. 

a lot of people in this country are too dumb to protect themselves and others around them so pay them off to do so. 
So it was what I thought. So sad. We have come to the point where he have to pay people off due to stupidity. The country is truly becoming a shell of it's former self.

So had a weird thing happen today late in the afternoon.

Had my medical office call me to give me some follow up instructions because my monthly reading for warfarin level was too high this month.

At the end, I ask her if I can get the vaccine.  (I'm 61.5 w/heart issue).   She says no, but has heard that Walmart Pharmacy is taking everyone.  (State of Idaho says my group will be in next batch to be approved). 

So I call the Walmart Phramacy, and my wife, son and I are getting the Pfizer dose Monday at 9:15am. My son (almost 24) has had heart issues his entire life.   I get the both of us signed up and ask if I can throw the wife in there also. No problem.

So we all should be good to go by the end of the month.  We need to get out of this house badly and now can.

I love my county.  Sign up online opened up for my group.  A week later, I got the email/text to schedule.  I'm in on Sunday.  Very efficient.  SInce Mr R already had his shots, we should be good to go (with masks) around the end of the month.  

Got my 1st shot (Pfizer) 10 days ago.

Today, one of my co-workers was sent home at noon due to COVID symptoms. We spent about 2 hours in the same office space this morning -- we both wore masks and we only got within 6 feet of each other for maybe 5-10 minutes total.

Am I going to catch it? :oldunsure:

Got my 1st shot (Pfizer) 10 days ago.

Today, one of my co-workers was sent home at noon due to COVID symptoms. We spent about 2 hours in the same office space this morning -- we both wore masks and we only got within 6 feet of each other for maybe 5-10 minutes total.

Am I going to catch it? :oldunsure:
Immunity starts building after 7 days

From what I understand,  Publix is quite generous with their benefits so better to pay that than pay sick time.

Not to be overly cynical but how much is Publix getting paid for each vaccination? (assuming the employees are getting the shots in the store)
Immunizers get around $12 per 1st dose and $25 per 2nd dose. Doesn’t sound like much but the government owns the vaccine, so it’s all profit.

Albertsons/Safeway is also doing $100 for employees to get their shot.

So had a weird thing happen today late in the afternoon.

Had my medical office call me to give me some follow up instructions because my monthly reading for warfarin level was too high this month.

At the end, I ask her if I can get the vaccine.  (I'm 61.5 w/heart issue).   She says no, but has heard that Walmart Pharmacy is taking everyone.  (State of Idaho says my group will be in next batch to be approved). 

So I call the Walmart Phramacy, and my wife, son and I are getting the Pfizer dose Monday at 9:15am. My son (almost 24) has had heart issues his entire life.   I get the both of us signed up and ask if I can throw the wife in there also. No problem.

So we all should be good to go by the end of the month.  We need to get out of this house badly and now can.
The three of us all got our shots this morning.  My oldest son called Saturday and is getting his Tuesday am.  None of us had any side effects today.

Went to a concert at the local bar/grill at the lakehouse saturday night.  Probably ~100 people, was a blast.  Great news for a business that almost went under twice over the last year.  The servers and bartenders were all pumped to be making money.. everyone was tipping generously. 

Went to phoenix a couple weeks ago, flights and airport were packed.  It was nice having nobody in the middle seat for awhile, but I'd rather see people getting back out into the world and have to share that armrest.  The restaurants there were open (to whatever capacity) and doing well it seems.

Just all good news.

Went to a concert at the local bar/grill at the lakehouse saturday night.  Probably ~100 people, was a blast.  Great news for a business that almost went under twice over the last year.  The servers and bartenders were all pumped to be making money.. everyone was tipping generously. 

Went to phoenix a couple weeks ago, flights and airport were packed.  It was nice having nobody in the middle seat for awhile, but I'd rather see people getting back out into the world and have to share that armrest.  The restaurants there were open (to whatever capacity) and doing well it seems.

Just all good news.
Gonna be another Roaring 20s

Users who are viewing this thread