What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dawn of The Planet of The Apes (1 Viewer)

Nice…seeing it opening night with the wife and kid. We loved Rise of The Planet of the Apes.

Rise was the first and only movie I ever went to by myself, as I happened to get out of work early one day and no one else was around. Enjoyed the hell out of the whole experience.

I'm off on Friday and my wife is gone all weekend...seems appropriate.

Hawks64 said:
Motherboard (whoever the hell that is) made three shorts that try to bridge the gap between the end of Rise and Dawn.

Year 1

Year 5

Year 10
So I go to check on these and get this crap instead: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhbliUq0_r4
Seriously? Well try this link, it's io9 and has them all embedded, you will need to scroll down the page to the Dawn of Apes though. I thought I would link them directly since it would be easier.
I found them. When I clicked the link it didn't show the video (weird work filter) so I went to youtube's main page. That video was on top.

Hawks64 said:
Motherboard (whoever the hell that is) made three shorts that try to bridge the gap between the end of Rise and Dawn.

Year 1

Year 5

Year 10
So I go to check on these and get this crap instead: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhbliUq0_r4
Seriously? Well try this link, it's io9 and has them all embedded, you will need to scroll down the page to the Dawn of Apes though. I thought I would link them directly since it would be easier.
I found them. When I clicked the link it didn't show the video (weird work filter) so I went to youtube's main page. That video was on top.
Are these from the studio? The director? Someone associated with the movie or some fan fiction type stuff?

Hawks64 said:

Year 1

Year 5

Year 10
Are these from the studio? The director? Someone associated with the movie or some fan fiction type stuff?
In conjunction with the studio. Not fan fiction.

Correct they are legit. I have never heard of Motherboard before and apologize for not being clear that it is indeed legit and linked to the studio and the movie.

I might just go tomorrow night. 10pm or 10:30pm. Will be like $12 though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm excited to see this, but haven't seen any of the previous movies. Will I be confused?
IMO you should watch Rise before seeing this so you have a good understanding of Caesar and what happened.
I just finished it. Really good. I liked it very much.

The gas canisters Caesar opened in the chimp house was ALZ-113, right? Not 112. 113 lasts longer than 112 doesn't it?

I'm excited to see this, but haven't seen any of the previous movies. Will I be confused?
IMO you should watch Rise before seeing this so you have a good understanding of Caesar and what happened.

The gas canisters Caesar opened in the chimp house was ALZ-113, right? Not 112. 113 lasts longer than 112 doesn't it?
112, 113...whatever it takes.

I started to get concerned about this so I could prepare.

Turns out:

About 500 chimpanzees live in zoos in the United States alone.
Even if this happened, and you include all the pets and research lab animals, how many chimps, gorillas & orangutans could be mustered in the US? Also are those really the only three simian types that could rise up?

I just finished it. Really good. I liked it very much.The gas canisters Caesar opened in the chimp house was ALZ-113, right? Not 112. 113 lasts longer than 112 doesn't it?
Not only did 112 and 113 work on on the apes.....113 is what causes the virus that ultimately wipes out most of the world.I don't know if you noticed that Franco's assistant sneezed blood on Franco's neighbor and if you watched the credits roll he is an airline pilot.

Can you say outbreak!

SaintsInDome2006 said:
I started to get concerned about this so I could prepare.

Turns out:

About 500 chimpanzees live in zoos in the United States alone.
Even if this happened, and you include all the pets and research lab animals, how many chimps, gorillas & orangutans could be mustered in the US? Also are those really the only three simian types that could rise up?
Chimps reproduce like rabbits.

EYLive said:

I can't remember the version that he used but it was the last one developed IIRC.

Re-watched Rise of last night with my two boys in preparation for this weekend when I hope to go Saturday to see Dawn of. Really looking forward to it. I don't have the urge to watch many movies at the theater but this one seems appropriate.

I would go Friday but I think it'll be a zoo.

;)

In case you're still into purchasing plastic discs upon which are contained movies that you can use to watch said movie repeatedly...Best Buy has all of the Apes movies (old and new) that have an $8 voucher for a movie ticket. Many of them are $8 themselves so it's like getting a movie/ticket for free.

In case you're still into purchasing plastic discs upon which are contained movies that you can use to watch said movie repeatedly...Best Buy has all of the Apes movies (old and new) that have an $8 voucher for a movie ticket. Many of them are $8 themselves so it's like getting a movie/ticket for free.
That is so archaic.

That is so archaic.
I know right? Maybe you can give the discs away to grandparents or homeless people that only have BluRay players but no internet service.

Todem said:
EYLive said:
I just finished it. Really good. I liked it very much.The gas canisters Caesar opened in the chimp house was ALZ-113, right? Not 112. 113 lasts longer than 112 doesn't it?
Not only did 112 and 113 work on on the apes.....113 is what causes the virus that ultimately wipes out most of the world.I don't know if you noticed that Franco's assistant sneezed blood on Franco's neighbor and if you watched the credits roll he is an airline pilot.

Can you say outbreak!
Yes, Franklin sneezed blood a few times. But I turned the movie off before I saw the neighbor pilot ending. Very cool.

EYLive said:

I can't remember the version that he used but it was the last one developed IIRC.
I think you're right. 112 was in the injectable liquid form and 113 was gas I guess.

Did the 2nd chimp house assistant get exposed to the gas? Caesar spared him, but I recall him being found huddled in a chimp cell. He's probably dead too if he was exposed to the 113 gas.

EYLive said:

I think you're right. 112 was in the injectable liquid form and 113 was gas I guess.

Did the 2nd chimp house assistant get exposed to the gas? Caesar spared him, but I recall him being found huddled in a chimp cell. He's probably dead too if he was exposed to the 113 gas.
He was huddled in the cell because he was scared ####less IMO. And I think he did get exposed to the gas. Did you watch the videos I linked earlier? They bridge the gap a bit at 1 year, 5 years and 10 years.

Todem said:
EYLive said:

Can you say outbreak!
Yes, Franklin sneezed blood a few times. But I turned the movie off before I saw the neighbor pilot ending. Very cool.
Here it is. Enjoy.

EYLive said:

http://planetoftheapes.wikia.com/wiki/Rodney

Likely dead.

Year 1

Year 5

Year 10
These were pretty cool and very dark.

Year 1

Year 5

Year 10
These were pretty cool and very dark.
All very well acted

Users who are viewing this thread