What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Desert Island Album Draft - 15th Anniversary Edition - 50 Rounds in the books, sign up now for KP's listening program (4 Viewers)

I think he may be the better writer, but he doesn’t have Near the soul or singing talent of Billie.  They are a great combo when in the right lane.  Will be interesting if she ever decides to work with someone else, but she really seems to relish working with him
No second album pressure at all

17. Billie Eilish- When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go? (2019) 

“Bad Guy”

“When the Party’s Over” 

My daughters kept playing her for me and I’m kinda hooked. She’s really a talented songwriter (or maybe it’s her brother?) 
Wait, this is a serious pick?

;)

I edited to say I'm giving it a try.  I think it's good so far; just hard to imagine it's going to be 17-minute good.  "Dogs"

Sticking with it thus far.
Yep, that's mine, and yes - it's 17mins good.  I :wub: Gilmore solos.  

Figured it was either that or Pik's live Shine On pick, but I think that is shorter.  

The sublime Gilmour guitar work is worth every second IMO.

Figured it was either that or Pik's live Shine On pick, but I think that is shorter.  
Still in at 9:00, but this endless echo thingie is making me close to tapping out.

I've enjoyed the guitar solos so far because they are in furtherance of the song, not just useless needly-needly stuff.  :thumbup:

I hope k4 knows I kid.

Got foolishly sucked into that OC picture thread bonzai started and wasnt paying attention to who was up while posting here. Sorry all...especially Krista who is tirelessly maintaining order in here- I smartass kid, but genuinely appreciate
I did what??

And btw...felt like I got a little taste of the PF in there. Just enough to feel sick.
Yeah.  First time I've dipped my toe in a semi political thread for the first time in months. 

Now I remember why I don't do that.  

I'm gonna hang out in here for awhile.  
I was alarmed to see you both posting in there.  Please stay here where it's safe.

And btw...felt like I got a little taste of the PF in there. Just enough to feel sick.
Yeah.  First time I've dipped my toe in a semi political thread for the first time in months. 

Now I remember why I don't do that.  

I'm gonna hang out in here for awhile. 
that's why I asked if he was upset with any of my comments ...I rarely go in there

and though it may seems odd, I don't like upsetting people

Here's the last 2/3rds of the shuffle from last night:

K.Flay - Giver   WTF is this??  This went right into the "gin mix".  Was this a Tasker pick??

Pulp - Common People    I thought this was a bowie song for a second.  I liked it.  

Rod Stewart - Maggie May   didn't have to look it up - this was a tim pick.  I do like the song though

Blondie - Heart of Glass   Of course good

The Band - Whispering Pines (live)    Not quite the reaction as the other one, but still dug this a ton.  I think the Spotify gods are talking to me 

Jay-Z - Heart of the City    0 clue why I don't listen to any of his stuff (honestly didn't think it was on Spotify), but this was good.

Talking Heads - Mind.   Mine

Roky Erickson - Burn the Flames   speaking of repetitive.  I actually kinda liked the music and the solo, but didn't enjoy the voice and repetition though.  

Badfinger - Day After Day    One of those "Oh yeah" moments.  Of course I know and like the song, but when it was drafted I thought to myself "WTF is Badfinger?"  Oh yeah - :lmao: at that album cover

Prince - Sexual Suicide    New one for me, but not one that I loved.   To be honest, Prince is a bit hit or miss with me.  

Pharcyde - Passin' Me By   This song just came up at work the other day on my rap mix and people were asking what it was.  Damn kids - I had to educate them. 

The Band - When You Awake   This is more what I thought the band was about.  Still liked it, but my least favorite of the 2 last night.  Still - starting to explore more.  

The Black Keys - 10 Cent Pistol   Great song choice from this album.  Also remined me that I need to fill this void on my island soon.  

Buzzcocks - Autonomy   Loved it.   Added to the mix.  

My Bloody Valentine  - Only Shallow    I have tried many times b/c they are on the "best of 90s" lists, but just doesn't click.   I think there is a fine line with me with this sound and they cross over it.  

Lorde - Green Light   Love this song.  The 5 year old was singing it tonight as she got dressed for bed too.  

ZZ Top - La Grange    Love it - reminds me of that classic movie Armageddon though.  

Blind Faith - Can't Find My Way Home   a great way to end the night.   

Like somebody said - this is a great exercise and even the misses for me are still worth the trip because I know the passion people in here have for their music and what they selected.  

Alright, the 90s are underrepresented on my island and this is near the top of the decade IMO. I associate a lot of these songs with acoustic singalongs in pubs these days but that's even better for NV island. I'll almost certainly not please people with the songs choices but... 

17.09 - Pearl Jam - Ten (1991)

1.    "Once"   3:51
2.    "Even Flow"    4:53
3.    "Alive"    5:41
4.    "Why Go"    3:20
5.    "Black"     5:43
6.    "Jeremy"   5:18
7.    "Oceans"   2:42
8.    "Porch"    3:30
9.    "Garden"  4:59
10.    "Deep"    4:18
11.    "Release"  9:05

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright, the 90s are underrepresented on my island and this is near the top of the decade IMO. I associate a lot of these songs with acoustic singalongs in pubs these days but that's even better for NV island. I'll almost certainly not please people with the songs choices but... 

THIS was the one I assumed everybody was talking about when they were talking about the other one.  

The Band - Whispering Pines (live)    Not quite the reaction as the other one, but still dug this a ton.  I think the Spotify gods are talking to me 
Is only the live version available on Spotify.? I recommend the studio version if it’s there. 

I wish I'd gotten this Ramones record.

I'm a great roll in the mix.  Had the Pink Floyd song that was much better than expected (OK, I only listened to the first 10 minutes but still it was good), then a bunch of stuff I'd never heard before:  Bjork song, Mitski, Black Star - all great.  Then Blitzkrieg Bop!

ETA:  OMG now James Brown!

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish I'd gotten this Ramones record.

I'm a great roll in the mix.  Had the Pink Floyd song that was much better than expected (OK, I only listened to the first 10 minutes but still it was good), then a bunch of stuff I'd never heard before:  Bjork song, Mitski, Black Star - all great.  Then Blitzkrieg Bop!

ETA:  OMG now James Brown!
If I caught that earlier I would have told you just to FF about 3mins.   Sometimes I forgot how long the wonkery is in the middle of that song, but of course still love it.  

If I caught that earlier I would have told you just to FF about 3mins.   Sometimes I forgot how long the wonkery is in the middle of that song, but of course still love it.  
I'll definitely give it another try and skip that part.  I was actually intrigued to see where it would go from there, but after 2.5 minutes of that I lost interest.

I like the minute 1/2 of Pigs on the Wing 1 or 2.  The other day I was driving down the road listening to the radio, and More Than A Feeling was playing, and then the next song was More Than a Feeling again. First time I have ever heard that happen. Some disc jockey was asleep at the wheel.

I've always loved this Otis version of "Daytripper" where what he's singing has no relation to any of the song lyrics, except occasionally throwing "I found out" in there.  :lmao:   

I had this all lined up for my next pick (with those same two songs) once Abraxas was taken. 

Had to check several times to make sure it wasn’t taken. 

16.38: John Coltrane - A Love Supreme (1965)

Details to follow...
One of the most important records ever made, John Coltrane's A Love Supreme was his pinnacle studio outing, that at once compiled all of the innovations from his past, spoke to the current of deep spirituality that liberated him from addictions to drugs and alcohol, and glimpsed at the future innovations of his final two and a half years. Recorded over two days in December 1964, Trane's classic quartet--Elvin Jones, McCoy Tyner, and Jimmy Garrison-- stepped into the studio and created one of the most the most thought-provoking, concise, and technically pleasing albums of their bountiful relationship. From the undulatory (and classic) bassline at the intro to the last breathy notes, Trane is at the peak of his logical and emotionally varied soloing, while the rest of the group is completely atttuned to his spiritual vibe. Composed of four parts, each has a thematic progression. "Acknowledgement" is the awakening to a spiritual life from the darkness of the world; it trails off with the saxophonist chanting the suite's title. "Resolution" is an amazingly beautiful, somewhat turbulent segment. It portrays the dedication required for discovery on the path toward spiritual understanding. "Pursuance" searches deeply for that experience, while "Psalm" portrays that discovery and the realization of enlightenment with humility. Although sometimes aggressive and dissonant, this isn't Coltrane at his most furious or adventurous. His recordings following this period--studio and live-- become progressively untethered and extremely spirited. A Love Supreme not only attempts but realizes the ambitious undertaking of Coltrane's concept; his emotional, searching, sometimes prayerful journey is made abundantly clear. Clocking in at 33 minutes; A Love Supreme conveys much without overstatement. It is almost impossible to imagine any jazz collection without it.
A Love Supreme, Part 1 (Acknowledgement)

A Love Supreme, Part 2 (Resolution)

Users who are viewing this thread