What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Desert Island Album Draft - 15th Anniversary Edition - 50 Rounds in the books, sign up now for KP's listening program (1 Viewer)

Crap.  I just realized I missed one on my list that someone could take.  Now I'm nervous.  I thought I was snipe-free now.

I'm watching last week's Top Chef.  Loving this Japanese challenge and can't wait to see what they come up with.  And my Melissa :heart:  only grew when she assigned everyone the courses they wanted.  @Eephus @Steve Tasker have you watched yet?
I'm generally not a big fan where the contestants are forced into cooking strictly defined courses that are tough to compare head-to-head. 

The challenge did get me interested in Kaiseki and I went down a rabbit hole looking at beautifully arranged Japanese dishes.

I'm watching last week's Top Chef.  Loving this Japanese challenge and can't wait to see what they come up with.  And my Melissa :heart:  only grew when she assigned everyone the courses they wanted.  @Eephus @Steve Tasker have you watched yet?
Funny, just finished watching it. I love Brian V. He's like a cooking robot. He will be very hard to beat. Also his laugh is the most ridiculous. 

Funny, just finished watching it. I love Brian V. He's like a cooking robot. He will be very hard to beat. Also his laugh is the most ridiculous. 
I like him a lot but think Gregory might be the more complete chef.  And I love Melissa.

I had not been watching Last Chance Kitchen but am watching the two-part finale now.  Part two is very interesting - highly recommend watching!

I like him a lot but think Gregory might be the more complete chef.  And I love Melissa.

I had not been watching Last Chance Kitchen but am watching the two-part finale now.  Part two is very interesting - highly recommend watching!
I like Last Chance Kitchen more than the regular show.  It's almost all cooking without all of manufactured drama and product placement.  Plus it's got more Collichio who has always been the best part of the program.

My daughter and I have our Thursday night routine where we watch the previous week's Last Chance immediately before TC as an appetizer.

I like Last Chance Kitchen more than the regular show.  It's almost all cooking without all of manufactured drama and product placement.  Plus it's got more Collichio who has always been the best part of the program.
All good points.  Think it’s just because it’s so short that I don’t get as into it.  The second part of the finale, at 30 minutes, was very satisfying.

Watched "bad trip- an adventure in psychedelics" on Netflix last night. A bunch of comedians and some musicians talking about tripping. And sting. No relevations, but some funny stuff.

Was sad to see some people who were no longer with us, like Fred Willard and Ben Stiller taking about calling his dad.

But liked hearing my yo la tengo pick playing as the score.

15        21    Binky the Doormat    -    The Allman Brothers Band    -    Eat A Peach
15        22    otb lifer    -    Type O Negative    -    Bloody Kisses
15        23    Eephus    -    Roxy Music    -    Country Life
15        24    Oliver Humanzee    -    autoskip    -    
15        25    Krista 4    -    Lucinda Williams    -    Car Wheels On A Gravel Road
15        26    landrys hat    -    Spoon    -    Gimme Fiction
15        27    JZilla    -    Incubus    -    Make Yourself
15        28    Mrs Rannous    -    Cherry Poppin' Daddies    -    Zoot Suit Riot
15        29    Mr Ected    -    Yes    -    90125
15        30    rcam    -    Various Artists    -    Pump Up The Volume Soundtrack
15        31    Hov34    -    Ben Folds    -    Rockin' The Suburbs
15        32    Ilov80s    -    At The Drive-In    -    Relationship Of Command
15        33    Dr Octopus    -    Francis Albert Sinatra & Antonio Carlos Jabim    -    Frank Sinatra & Antonio Carlos Jabim
15        34    MAC 32    -        -    Beastie Boys - Licensed to Ill
15        35    RedmondLonghorn    -    The Police    -    Regatta de Blanc
15        36    Bonzai    -        -    R.E.M. - Murmur
15        37    Mister CIA    -    -   Al Di Meola, John McLaughlin, and Paco DeLuca - Friday Night in San Francisco
15        38    rockaction    -    Lauryn Hill    -    The Miseducation Of Lauryn Hill
15        39    simey    -    Kris Kristofferson     -    The Austin Sessions
15        40    cosjobs    -    skip    -    
16    .    0        -        -    
16    .    1    cosjobs    -    skip    -    
16    .    2    simey    -    Counting Crows    -    August & Everything After
16    .    3    rockaction    -    Kanye West    -    College Dropout
16    .    4    Mister CIA    -      -    Los Destellos - Sicodélicos
16    .    5    Bonzai    -        -    Metallica - Kill 'Em All
16    .    6    RedmondLonghorn    -        -    The Clash - Sandinista!
16    .    7    MAC 32    -    Janis Joplin    -    Pearl
16    .    8    Dr Octopus    -    Lou Reed    -    Transformer
16    .    9    Ilov80s    -    Aretha Franklin    -    I've Never Loved A Man The Way I Loved You
16    .    10    Hov34    -        -    Leon Bridges - Good Thing
16    .    11    rcam    -        -    Mazzy Star - So Tonight That I Might See
16    .    12    Mr Ected    -        -     The Eagles - Live 
16    .    13    Mrs Rannous    -        -    Aerosmith - Pump
16    .    14    JZilla    -        -    Deftones - White Pony
16    .    15    landrys hat    -        -    Hawkwind - Space Ritual
16    .    16    krista 4    -        -    Nick Drake - Five Leaves Left
16    .    17    Oliver Humanzee    -        -    SKIP
16    .    18    Eephus    -        -    Cheap Trick - at Budokan
16    .    19    otb lifer    -        -    Squeeze - Cool For Cats
16    .    20    Binky the Doormat    -        -    Brian Eno - Here Come The Warm Jets
16    .    21    Doug B    -        -    SKIP
16    .    22    Yo Mama    -        -    Phoenix - Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix
16    .    23    mphtrilogy    -        -    Eva Cassidy - Songbird
16    .    24    shuke    -        -    skip
16    .    25    The Dreaded Marco    -    Elliott Smith - XO
16    .    26    Chaos Commish    -        -   Band of Horses - Acoustic at the Ryman
16    .    27    Charlie Steiner    -        -    Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five - The Message
16    .    28    Long Ball Larry    -        -    Fugazi - In On The Kill Taker
16    .    29    Abrantes    -        -    Os Novos Baianos - Acabou Chorare
16    .    30    El Floppo    -        -    Liz Phair - Exile in Guyvile
16    .    31    Steve Tasker    -        -    skip
16    .    32    Northern Voice    -        -    Lorde - Pure Heroine
16    .    33    Uruk-Hai    -        -    Parliament - Mothership Connection
16    .    34    PIK95    -        -    Eagles - Hotel California
16    .    35    wikkidpissah    -        -    Robert Plant & Allison Krauss - Raising Sand
16    .    36    timschochet    -        -    Adele - 21
16    .    37    wazoo11    -        -    Laura Marling - Once I Was an Eagle
16    .    38    zamboni    -        -  John Coltrane - A Love Supreme    -    
16    .    39    Nigel Tufnel    -        -   F***** Up - David Comes To Life 
16    .    40    Karma Police    -        -    The National - Trouble Will Find Me

17        1    Karma Police    -   Iron Maiden - Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son
17        2    Nigel Tufnel    -   The Byrds - Sweetheart of the Rodeo
17        3    zamboni    -   Buffalo Springfield - Buffalo Springfield  Again
17        4    Wazoo11    -   Sharon Van Etton - Remind Me Tomorrow
17        5    timschochet    -    Billie Eilish- When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go?
17        6    wikkidpissah    -   Santana - Abraxas
17        7    PIK95    -   Squirrel Nut Zippers - Hot 
17        8    Uruk-Hai    -    Funkadelic - One Nation Under A Groove
17        9    Northern Voice    -    Pearl Jam - Ten
17        10    Steve Tasker    -   
17        11    El Floppo    -    Fugazi- 13 Songs
17        12    Abrantes    -    The Exploding Hearts - Guitar Romantic
17        13    Long Ball Larry    -    The Dead Weather - Horehound
17        14    Charlie Steiner    -    The Bangles - Different Light
17        15    Chaos Commish    -    Carlos Santana with John Mclaughlin - Live at Montreux 2011 - Invitation to Illumination
17        16    The Dreaded Marco    -    TV on the Radio - Young Liars EP
17        17    shuke    -     
17        18    mphtrilogy    -    Keane - Hopes and Fears
17        19    Yo Mama    -    System of a Down - Toxicity
17        20    Doug B    -    permaskip    -    
17        21    Binky the Doormat    -    Small Faces - There Are But Four Small Faces
17        22    otb lifer    -    Siouxsie & The Banshees - JuJu
17        23    Eephus    -    Talk Talk - The Colour of Spring
17        24    Oliver Humanzee    -    permaskip    -    
17        25    Krista 4    -    The Both - The Both
17        26    landrys hat    -    The Black Angels - Passover
17        27    JZilla    -    Michael Jackson - Thriller
17        28    Mrs Rannous    -   
17        29    Mr Ected    -    
17        30    rcam    -    Fleetwood Mac - Tango in the Night
17        31    Hov34    -    Foster The People - Torches
17        32    Ilov80s    -    Nina Simone - Pastel Blues
17        33    Dr Octopus    -    
17        34    MAC 32    -        -    
17        35    RedmondLonghorn    -    
17        36    Bonzai    -        -    
17        37    Mister CIA    -    permaskip    -    
17        38    rockaction    -    
17        39    simey    -    
17        40    cosjobs    -    permaskip    -    

🎉

Yeah I love Greg as well. Melissa is wife’s favorite. With Voltaggio, I don’t think his peaks are ever as good as some others buy he just doesn’t seem to make mistakes. He’s not going to do something dumb, overcook something, etc to get himself booted. He’s just so consistent.

Yeah I love Greg as well. Melissa is wife’s favorite. With Voltaggio, I don’t think his peaks are ever as good as some others buy he just doesn’t seem to make mistakes. He’s not going to do something dumb, overcook something, etc to get himself booted. He’s just so consistent.
Voltaggio's flaw is that he sometimes doesn't emphasize the featured ingredient enough in Quickfires but that's not going to get him eliminated.

Round 17 Hollywood Town Hall - The Jayhawks (1992)

The Jayhawks were my 1b to my 1a, Wilco as my "favorite new band" for many years. Their jangly guitars and harmonies really hit the spot for me. This is another record that is likely in the top 5 of albums I've listened to the most in the last 30 years and it's still in my regular rotation. They have two other albums I like nearly as much as this one but decided to go with their debut that sucked me in and which offers their signature sound. If you listen to "Waiting for the Sun" and think they ripped off Tom Petty's "Last Dance for Mary Jane", please look up when that song was released (hint, it's after 1992).

Waiting for the Sun

Settled Down Like Rain

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread