What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Disney Vacation (7 Viewers)

Nice way to screw up a 16 page thread.
it was 30 pages and it is fine. We are back on track.Did you read my reply about the dining plan for your family?If you don't eat a lot, I dont think it is worth it.Although keep in mind too you will be burning lots of calories. I always shed a couple pounds on my Disney trips.

Not a fan of the regular dining plan. We tried it a couple of times and it seemed our vacation centered around our dining reservations. Last trip we only booked 2 table service meals and ate the rest quick service. It was a much more enjoyable trip. Surprisingly they have some really good quick service places with a good variety. It's not just burgers and nuggets.

This April we again only have 2 table services booked and are still undecided if we are going to add the quick service dining plan.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a fan of the regular dining plan. We tried it a couple of times and it seemed our vacation centered around our dining reservations. Last trip we only booked 2 table service meals and ate the rest quick service. It was a much more enjoyable trip. Surprisingly they have some really good quick service places with a good variety. It's not just burgers and nuggets. This April we again only have 2 table services booked and are still undecided if we are going to add the quick service dining plan.
I am thinking about this as well. We are more concerned with convenience I guess. I am not blowing the coin to go to Disney only to be wired into a meal itinerary. I'd rather spend a little bit more and have maximum fun time. I figure this will probably bankrupt me anyway, so I might as well get another round on the teacups for the girls. I guess we have the Meal with the Princesses booked. I think we'd like to do that twice. So 2 table service meals for the whole week? What was the total amount you spent on food (how big was your group)?

Nice way to screw up a 16 page thread.
it was 30 pages and it is fine. We are back on track.Did you read my reply about the dining plan for your family?If you don't eat a lot, I dont think it is worth it.Although keep in mind too you will be burning lots of calories. I always shed a couple pounds on my Disney trips.
I am debating this with the wife. Which basically means I submit an idea and it is either approved or denied.

Going for 6 days in October. I'm thinking about trying Universal for a couple days. Any one been to both that can compare the 2?
I love Universal much more than Disney..a lot more fun, better rides, they serve beer everywhere, people seemed more relaxed, don't see too many dads wearing Winne the Pooh sweatshirts there as well. Two day both park pass there is a value as well.

Moby Fan is going to be in a world of hurt, I think he forgets how much of his own personal info is out there with a little effort.

Hope you don't take it to heart GB it's all in fun! So what if it slightly impacts your life in a negative way, not my problem!

See ya soon pal!

Going for 6 days in October. I'm thinking about trying Universal for a couple days. Any one been to both that can compare the 2?
I love Universal much more than Disney..a lot more fun, better rides, they serve beer everywhere, people seemed more relaxed, don't see too many dads wearing Winne the Pooh sweatshirts there as well. Two day both park pass there is a value as well.
Well, it isn't really a vacation for me. It is for my 3 and 6 year old girls. I'm just there to haul luggage.

Well, it isn't really a vacation for me. It is for my 3 and 6 year old girls. I'm just there to haul luggage.
For this age group stick to Disney.

My most recent trip was Thanksgiving to the first week in Dec last year.
How were the crowds during your visit? We're going during that same timeframe this year.
We went The first week of December both trips and it was busy.. but not Mind numbing busy.. This last trip in December 09', Except for at Epcot, where Soaring and Test Track exceeded 70 minute wait times and Hollywood studios where Toy Story mania had a 70+ Minute wait, all the other rides were 20 minutes or less.

How were the crowds during your visit? We're going during that same timeframe this year.
We went The first week of December both trips and it was busy.. but not Mind numbing busy.. This last trip in December 09', Except for at Epcot, where Soaring and Test Track exceeded 70 minute wait times and Hollywood studios where Toy Story mania had a 70+ Minute wait, all the other rides were 20 minutes or less.
That's one thing I noticed about Disney last time. Unless you hit it just right you can't do more than 4 or 5 decent rides in a day. Between the distance between rides, wait times, eating and having to stop for every character in site, there just isn't enough time. I'm thinking if you are there for the rides Universal may be the place to go. I am planning to go full up Disney on the next trip (resort, meal plan, park hopper) but wonder if I shouldn't just stay off resort and do a a couple days of Disney and a couple of Universal.

Christ, I took a back door approach to giving someone I love a plug
You lied so that people would give your wife money.
I get it. You're morally outraged... But comparing anyone to a Nigerian scammer? I mean really...I wasn't trying to get people to PayPal my wife at an offshore bank account. She provides a service. And in my opinion, she spends way too much time on each client, based on the commission she gets. It's more of a passion/hobby... If someone wanted to pay for the service, they would be highly pleased. If they don't want that service, then I'm hardly forcing anyone... She'd newish to this and has done it for a handful of clients. Everyone has been over-the-top pleased at the level of care. What I wrote very well could have been from a real client, which is why I didn't see this as a huge deal...

Again, I'm sorry.
True or false: in addition to making your endorsement of your wife's (for-pay) service appear to be a sincere testimonial, you also wanted to deceive Joe into thinking that you weren't using his website to endorse your own service. :lmao:
:unsure: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Christ, I took a back door approach to giving someone I love a plug
You lied so that people would give your wife money.
I get it. You're morally outraged... But comparing anyone to a Nigerian scammer? I mean really...I wasn't trying to get people to PayPal my wife at an offshore bank account. She provides a service. And in my opinion, she spends way too much time on each client, based on the commission she gets. It's more of a passion/hobby... If someone wanted to pay for the service, they would be highly pleased. If they don't want that service, then I'm hardly forcing anyone... She'd newish to this and has done it for a handful of clients. Everyone has been over-the-top pleased at the level of care. What I wrote very well could have been from a real client, which is why I didn't see this as a huge deal...

Again, I'm sorry.
True or false: in addition to making your endorsement of your wife's (for-pay) service appear to be a sincere testimonial, you also wanted to deceive Joe into thinking that you weren't using his website to endorse your own service. :football:
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :goodposting:
Enough already. There is another thread for this stuff. Please keep this one on track.

I didn't know about the Disney pirate cruise until I read about it here. Is there anything else like that my kids or children might be interested in?

That's one thing I noticed about Disney last time. Unless you hit it just right you can't do more than 4 or 5 decent rides in a day. Between the distance between rides, wait times, eating and having to stop for every character in site, there just isn't enough time.
This just isn't true with little bit of planning for your day. It would be VERY true if you plan to just wander the park and try to ride what you stumble upon. But if you have an itinerary that makes sense (based on park attendance charts and basic touring plans that are available at a variety of places on the innerwebs) you can dominate the park rather than letting it dominate you.ETA - Hello to everyone here for the trainwreck! :rolleyes: :lmao:

That's one thing I noticed about Disney last time. Unless you hit it just right you can't do more than 4 or 5 decent rides in a day. Between the distance between rides, wait times, eating and having to stop for every character in site, there just isn't enough time. I'm thinking if you are there for the rides Universal may be the place to go. I am planning to go full up Disney on the next trip (resort, meal plan, park hopper) but wonder if I shouldn't just stay off resort and do a a couple days of Disney and a couple of Universal.
We used the fast pass.. Works Great! :popcorn: Example.. At epcot, we grabbed a fast pass to Soarin'.. Then headed over to Test Track and Mission Space.. Waited 20 minutes for Test Track, 5 mintues for Misson Space and then after a quick lunch Soarin' Fast Pass was available.At Hollywood studios we grabbed a fast pass for Aerosmith Roller coaster, went to Tower of Terror with NO WAIT :excited: than back to the Aerosmith ride and back to Tower again.. Magic Kingdom, the only ride we used fast pass for was Space Mountain.. We did waste 35 minutes for Peter Pan (I wouldn't recommend waiting any longer than 10 minutes, but that could just be us :shrug: )Otherwise the longest wait was 15 minutes for thunder Roller Coaster. i was :shock: by how little Fast pass was used

We used the fast pass.. Works Great! :popcorn: Example.. At epcot, we grabbed a fast pass to Soarin'.. Then headed over to Test Track and Mission Space.. Waited 20 minutes for Test Track, 5 mintues for Misson Space and then after a quick lunch Soarin' Fast Pass was available.At Hollywood studios we grabbed a fast pass for Aerosmith Roller coaster, went to Tower of Terror with NO WAIT :excited: than back to the Aerosmith ride and back to Tower again.. Magic Kingdom, the only ride we used fast pass for was Space Mountain.. We did waste 35 minutes for Peter Pan (I wouldn't recommend waiting any longer than 10 minutes, but that could just be us :shrug: )Otherwise the longest wait was 15 minutes for thunder Roller Coaster. i was :shock: by how little Fast pass was used
Weren't you pimping some site that "helps" you with Disney itineraries? As a "customer of theirs"? :shrug: :shock:

We used the fast pass.. Works Great! :hifive: Example.. At epcot, we grabbed a fast pass to Soarin'.. Then headed over to Test Track and Mission Space.. Waited 20 minutes for Test Track, 5 mintues for Misson Space and then after a quick lunch Soarin' Fast Pass was available.At Hollywood studios we grabbed a fast pass for Aerosmith Roller coaster, went to Tower of Terror with NO WAIT :lmao: than back to the Aerosmith ride and back to Tower again.. Magic Kingdom, the only ride we used fast pass for was Space Mountain.. We did waste 35 minutes for Peter Pan (I wouldn't recommend waiting any longer than 10 minutes, but that could just be us :shrug: )Otherwise the longest wait was 15 minutes for thunder Roller Coaster. i was :shock: by how little Fast pass was used
Weren't you pimping some site that "helps" you with Disney itineraries? As a "customer of theirs"? :mellow: :unsure:
WHOLLY CRAP.. I'm Orange Whip Now??? NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry:

We used the fast pass.. Works Great! :hifive: Example.. At epcot, we grabbed a fast pass to Soarin'.. Then headed over to Test Track and Mission Space.. Waited 20 minutes for Test Track, 5 mintues for Misson Space and then after a quick lunch Soarin' Fast Pass was available.At Hollywood studios we grabbed a fast pass for Aerosmith Roller coaster, went to Tower of Terror with NO WAIT :lmao: than back to the Aerosmith ride and back to Tower again.. Magic Kingdom, the only ride we used fast pass for was Space Mountain.. We did waste 35 minutes for Peter Pan (I wouldn't recommend waiting any longer than 10 minutes, but that could just be us :shrug: )Otherwise the longest wait was 15 minutes for thunder Roller Coaster. i was :shock: by how little Fast pass was used
Weren't you pimping some site that "helps" you with Disney itineraries? As a "customer of theirs"? :mellow: :unsure:
WHOLLY CRAP.. I'm Orange Whip Now??? NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry:
Site please.

Some have questioned why I use The magic for less to book our trips..

Well, today it paid off BIG TIME!

E-mail from them:

Hi Shane!

Something Magical Has Happened!!

We always try to stay on top of the latest discounts, and today our persistence paid off…for you! We have secured a new discount for your stay. This special package includes FREE dining.
A savings of $840 without having to search for it!! :pickle: :thumbup:
HERE IT IS!!! What will we find if we dig into that site, snogger? :tapsfoot:

This is just simply not true. The time of year you go during has a huge effect on this, but we get so much done when we go it is a blast.We spent only 4 hours in the magic kingdom during our last trip, including lunch, and we got to do every thing my son wanted.Thunder mountain, splash mountain, buzz light year, the laugh floor, peter pan, the rockets on top of the lunching pad, and lunch at Casey's.We used ridemax and followed it perfect. I didnt go on thunder mountain because I dont like it so I got fast passes for peter pan while they did that.

E-mail from them:

Hi Shane!

We always try to stay on top of the latest discounts, and today our persistence paid off…for you! We have secured a new discount for your stay. This special package includes FREE dining.
A savings of $840 without having to search for it!! :wall: :pickle:
:thumbup:

FastPass is awesome.

As a reminder to Anaheim Disneyland/California Adventure travelers, FastPasses do not expire here, they're good all day.

In other words, if you're smart, and you get in the park early, you might end up with a Space Mountain FastPass good from, say, 10 AM-11 AM. That FastPass is actually eligible for any time after 10 AM. You do not have to be there before 11.

This is only true for the California parks.

In July had my family in town, eight of us, got to the park an hour or so after open and started loading up on FastPasses. You can get a new one usually an hour or so after the last one. So we did non-FastPass rides early in the day when the crowds were smaller, and accumulated FastPasses as the day went on. Showed up, got Space Mountain passes, rode Buzz Lightyear and Finding Nemo, got Splash Mountain fastpasses, rode Haunted Mansion and Pirates, lunch, got Indiana Jones passes, rode Jungle Cruise and Matterhorn, the Railroad, Star Tours, etc. then, in the later afternoon, then we used our fastpasses. Walked right on to Splash Mountain. 10 minute wait for Space Mountain, maybe 15 for Indiana Jones. Dinner, took in the early show of Fantasmic (there's a post waaaay earlier in the thread with the best place to watch from--right behind the technical director's control panel is a light rig blocking the view, go there.... the rig lifts up 10 minutes before the show starts and offers a front-row center view, the only people in front of you are seated VIPs and no one stands there thinking it's a permanent obstruction), then the fireworks show, then used the last pass for Big Thunder (good ride at night). All told we were there from 10 AM to 10:30 PM and did at least 15 rides, with a long lunch break at Blue Bayou (the restaurant inside Pirates of the Caribbean) and a nice relaxing dinner break as well. Even got stuck for 20 minutes or so on Matterhorn and it didn't slow us down.

Also, the FastPass system in Disneyland doesn't connect to California Adventure, so, if you get a FastPass at one park saying you can't get another one for an hour, that only means inside that park, if you go to the other one, you can get a Pass right away. And the system for Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin is totally separate from both... if you get a Pass for, say, Space Mountain and it says you can't get one for another hour, that doesn't include Roger Rabbit, so you can still get that one right away. That ride is disconnected from the timer.

E-mail from them:

Hi Shane!

A savings of $840 without having to search for it!! :lmao: :)
:lmao: They don't plan your Itineraries.. You contact them with where you want to stay, and where you want dinner and they make the reservations for you..IMO, Creating your Itineraries <> Making your reservations for you and watching for discounts.. :shrug:

But Please.. If you find a connection between me and them let me know as they than owe me a TON of :confused: :lol: :lmao:

Mr. Chumley said:
I didn't know about the Disney pirate cruise until I read about it here. Is there anything else like that my kids or children might be interested in?
You didn't know about the Disney pirate cruise until you read it here? I didn't know there was a "here."

Users who are viewing this thread