What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Disney Vacation (11 Viewers)

There aren't enough whys in the world.
Somebody should probably start a new thread linking to Ham's shame. I would have never seen this had it not been pointed out to me elsewhere.
I really don't get why he wouldn't just say, "Hey, my wife does this for a living. Here are her credentials. Use her."Well, OK, I kinda get why he wouldn't. But it's been a while since anybody's been Wheelhoused. And it's not like the people most likely to do that kind of thing spend a ton of time in the Disney thread.

http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index...&p=11393733

All I'm going to say about it, except to add that after about the fifth time my wife mentioned I should link to the company in the FBG thread I didn't want to come off as disinterested... But I should have listened to my gut that certain of you would make it a disaster any way I approached it... Thanks for that... And Moby Fan, once again thank you for your class when I asked you to remove your post and keep the secret so it wouldn't hurt my wife. You're gold.
Wait a second. You're calling someone else classless? Dude, you pretended to have no connection with a website and praised their services. Pathetic.

http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index...&p=11393733

All I'm going to say about it, except to add that after about the fifth time my wife mentioned I should link to the company in the FBG thread I didn't want to come off as disinterested... But I should have listened to my gut that certain of you would make it a disaster any way I approached it... Thanks for that... And Moby Fan, once again thank you for your class when I asked you to remove your post and keep the secret so it wouldn't hurt my wife. You're gold.
Did your wife know that you were going to pretend to be a satisfied consumer?

Would it be uncool of me to not pile on and take the side of Mrs. Ham, who has apparently made just one bad decision.

Last edited by a moderator:
And just to validate my decision, she has gotten her first two emails messing with me through her.
This doesn't actually validate your decision at all. People like ####### with the Nigerian email scammers too.
Are you serious?! So you're saying that my wife is running a business to scam people??!!!! Christ, I took a back door approach to giving someone I love a plug that I didn't feel comfortable giving her because I wanted to avoid this exact kind of bull#### drama. I agree, what an unmitigated disaster...

If I could find who wrote those emails, I would get in my car and drive there. It worked... I'm pissed off.

Let me know when I'm adequately punished for my crime.
Isn't that between you and your wife?:pullsupachair:

Last edited by a moderator:
Meal plan vs. paying cash?Me, wife, kids (6 and 3). I don't want to get stuck not using up credits or anything like that? Also would love to hear lodging recommendations. We are most certainly going to DISNEY UP! It is all about the kids. They are both little girls so obviously Cinderella's castle is the Holy Grail here. This is a huge thread. My wife looked at the cabins and scoffed. So I guess being the only guy is going to relegate me to no vote at all. But maybe I can nudge one way or another on some things. Like the meal plan decision.I'd love some insight. For instance, we don't eat huge meals. When we go to McDonald's the wife and I split a value meal and we have the kids split a happy meal. Not to be cheap, more because we watch serving size. So that might be a consideration.
If you guys split meals like that I would not recommend the meal plan at all.I think before deciding on the resort, deciding on where you think you will spend the majority of your time is pretty important.If the magic kingdom is going to be the bulk of it, then Animal Kingdom lodge might not be the best move.One thing I always warn folks about though with the monorail hotels, they are great for access to the Magic Kingdom, but I think they are a PITA for the other parks.

Christ, I took a back door approach to giving someone I love a plug
You lied so that people would give your wife money.
I get it. You're morally outraged... But comparing anyone to a Nigerian scammer? I mean really...I wasn't trying to get people to PayPal my wife at an offshore bank account. She provides a service. And in my opinion, she spends way too much time on each client, based on the commission she gets. It's more of a passion/hobby... If someone wanted to pay for the service, they would be highly pleased. If they don't want that service, then I'm hardly forcing anyone... She'd newish to this and has done it for a handful of clients. Everyone has been over-the-top pleased at the level of care. What I wrote very well could have been from a real client, which is why I didn't see this as a huge deal...Again, I'm sorry.
True or false: in addition to making your endorsement of your wife's (for-pay) service appear to be a sincere testimonial, you also wanted to deceive Joe into thinking that you weren't using his website to endorse your own service. :thumbup:

I get it. You're morally outraged... But comparing anyone to a Nigerian scammer? I mean really...I wasn't trying to get people to PayPal my wife at an offshore bank account. She provides a service. And in my opinion, she spends way too much time on each client, based on the commission she gets. It's more of a passion/hobby... If someone wanted to pay for the service, they would be highly pleased. If they don't want that service, then I'm hardly forcing anyone... She'd newish to this and has done it for a handful of clients. Everyone has been over-the-top pleased at the level of care. What I wrote very well could have been from a real client, which is why I didn't see this as a huge deal...Again, I'm sorry.
Ham what are your wife's thoughts on the different meal plans?Start dishing some good info in here and all will be forgotten.Disney is after all, the happiest place on earth.I look forward to my trip in September.

Would it be uncool of me to not pile on and take the side of Mrs. Ham, who has apparently made just one bad decision.
I'll be planning a trip to Disney soon and I'll be sure to check out that site...Thanks Mrs. Ham.
Ditto. My kids will be old enough next winter to take a Disney trip, so we'll definitely check out Mrs Ham's site.No idea why anyone would be enough of a d-bag to mess with Ham's wife. Can completely understand why people have issues with Ham's approach to this though.

I don't agree - I think most of us in this thread know enough to check something out and only use it if it's useful without giving anyone money in some scam.I can also see where Ham would have thought it would be useful if the Disney Experts here could critique what that site offers and let rest of us know if it's worth it or not without prejudice.

Just checked prices for the polynesian with meal plan and that is too rich for my blood. Any moderate or value resorts that are closer to MK and MGM? I don't suppose the monorail or boats go to any of these resorts.
Try Port Orleans. I would not suggest Cornado Springs. Too far from MK.
The Wilderness Lodge is a bit cheaper and the boat ride to MK isn't bad at all. For the moderates, most people I know recommend the two resorts at Port Orleans.
I wasnt a big fan of the boat ride, but I don't have a lot of patience.I believe there is a bus ride time chart for all the hotels somewhere that can lay out how far everything is.Coronado springs is our favorite moderate by far, but we spend the most of our time at epcot.

Any other Florida folks out there who take advantage of the Florida discounts. Mrs. Osaurus and I spend a long weekend over there in early Spring and I would like to get a good deal? Anything other than what they have on their site that I am missing as far as Florida discounts?

Actually thanks to that post, I learned something new. I never knew there were boat rides on the Epcot lake where you can see the illuminations at night. Also never knew about the pirate cruise with hook and smee and Peter Pan.

So the post helped me

Just checked prices for the polynesian with meal plan and that is too rich for my blood. Any moderate or value resorts that are closer to MK and MGM? I don't suppose the monorail or boats go to any of these resorts.
I'm still a year or so out with my daughter and haven't been there in maybe 15 years...Remember staying at the Polynesian as a kid... Can you tell me the prices you were seeing?Just wondering what we're up against here... I can't even guess...
2 adults 2 kids 6 nights with meal plan right at $5k. Looks nice but honestly all we will be doing there is sleeping.ETA: That's without the waterparks.
Are the waterparks a must for you? I might have missed it, but when are you going?

Meal plan vs. paying cash?Me, wife, kids (6 and 3). I don't want to get stuck not using up credits or anything like that? Also would love to hear lodging recommendations. We are most certainly going to DISNEY UP! It is all about the kids. They are both little girls so obviously Cinderella's castle is the Holy Grail here. This is a huge thread. My wife looked at the cabins and scoffed. So I guess being the only guy is going to relegate me to no vote at all. But maybe I can nudge one way or another on some things. Like the meal plan decision.I'd love some insight. For instance, we don't eat huge meals. When we go to McDonald's the wife and I split a value meal and we have the kids split a happy meal. Not to be cheap, more because we watch serving size. So that might be a consideration.
If you guys split meals like that I would not recommend the meal plan at all.I think before deciding on the resort, deciding on where you think you will spend the majority of your time is pretty important.If the magic kingdom is going to be the bulk of it, then Animal Kingdom lodge might not be the best move.One thing I always warn folks about though with the monorail hotels, they are great for access to the Magic Kingdom, but I think they are a PITA for the other parks.
Polynesian is great. Walking distance to monorail for Epcot, has monorail for MK, And the bus stops for the others. Along with the boat to MK.

I get it. You're morally outraged... But comparing anyone to a Nigerian scammer? I mean really...I wasn't trying to get people to PayPal my wife at an offshore bank account. She provides a service. And in my opinion, she spends way too much time on each client, based on the commission she gets. It's more of a passion/hobby... If someone wanted to pay for the service, they would be highly pleased. If they don't want that service, then I'm hardly forcing anyone... She'd newish to this and has done it for a handful of clients. Everyone has been over-the-top pleased at the level of care. What I wrote very well could have been from a real client, which is why I didn't see this as a huge deal...

Again, I'm sorry.
First, let me say I respect the hell out of your wife for following her heart and chasing her dream.Second, I respect the hell out of fatguy for calling a spade a spade.

Third, the Nigerian scammer here isn't your wife, and nobody is calling her that. It's you.

Fourth, I totally GET why you'd do it, misguided though it may be.

Fifth, and I swear this is the last one. You've started and run businesses. You've chased dreams and succeeded. So you should know this better than anyone...Her reputation is EVERYTHING. For every person who is told by another that they loved and recommend her service, a hundred will be told that they were treated dishonestly by someone operating on her behalf. She must -- and if you love her, YOU must -- protect her professional integrity as if it were her life. Especially in the early stages of doing business, it is her single most important asset.

I am sincere in wishing both you and her GL in clearing this up. My suggestion? Want to repair it, talk it over with her and make a good will gesture on her behalf. Free, no strings attached consult to the FBG's or some such. Would go a long way, and would probably generate some good buzz.

Who has been on a Disney trip recently?
My most recent trip was Thanksgiving to the first week in Dec last year. Right now we don't have a return planned which sucks and may be the first time in a decade we don't. For the better part of the last 10 years we'd be gearing up to go again in about a month, but economics being what they are.......A lot of talk about the meal plans lately. This last time we went we struggled with figuring out what the best way to go was. So what we did was basically get the menus and prices from every place we "knew" we were going to eat and figure out the costof the meal plan with the cost of paying cash. Our situation is that I eat the most, my wife barely eats a whole meal and usually can share a kids meal with my son, who eats the least, and everyone is happy.If you are going to focus on the xpensive eateries and character meals the entire time, the meal plan makes a lot of sense. The character meals is very expensive. When going through our budget we figured out that given what we would expect to spend cash wise we probably saved at least $75 on every character meal or expensive meal like Le'Cellier. So I would really suggest you simply sit down with the menus and prices (go to allears.net) and figure out ballpark how much you will spend on food. And don't forget snacks and drinks thorughout the day. Come up with a realistic number there and then measure against the cost of the meal plan for the time you are there. If there is any differennce at all, get the meal plan - I guarantee you will eat more then you bargin for when planning and having the "measuring" stick of a meal plan to work of will help you figure out where you are each day.And in the end, you may find out that getting the meal plan but also spending a little if you run out or simply snack more then excpeted combined may still hae been cheaper had you just paid cash for everything the whole way. Now, if you ahve a larger family then 3, I'm willing to bet that the meal plan makes better and better sense as you add people to the group. And you can be creative with - use a snack instead of a counter meal for a little kid at breakfast and you have an extra counter to work with.... things like that. You really can microplan a lot of stuff there and get the most value out of your trip.

Has anyone been on the pirate cruise with hook? If so how was it? It is a bit costly to not include dinner. However, now that I have another guy in the family, we can not spend all of our time in princess land. I think Disney is geared a little more at little girls.

Has anyone been on the pirate cruise with hook? If so how was it? It is a bit costly to not include dinner. However, now that I have another guy in the family, we can not spend all of our time in princess land. I think Disney is geared a little more at little girls.
You've got the whole princess thing but there's a lot of "manly stuff" even at Magic Kingdom, which is th probably the most "girly" of the parks. As for the discussion above about food plans, here's my take: You can definitely eat for less if you try, even more so if you split meals, etc. For me, however, I like not having to spend additional money once I'm there for food, especially since all the food is over-priced (even by restuarant standards). I like having it paid up-front and then going hog wild while there.

I think Magic Kingdom can certainly be viewed as geared more toward girls - if you spend all of your time in Fantasy Land and doing the girly things throughout the park. But my son loves the place. Just in MK alone you have the Indy Cars, Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain and Splash Mountain; a shooting arcade; Pirates and the Pirate experience; Monsters Inc laugh factory; Buzz's Shootout and the boy rollar coasters in Toon Town.I would argue just about the entirety of EPCOT is boy friendly, including the hot chicks in France and Italy.The Studios are boy toy full from Star Wars to the Stunt Experience.If you focus on the "magical" ascpets of disney, yes they are mostly girly. But there is a ton of stuff there for boys and men alike. Here is something you should do with your kids - get to the Studios and try to get them in for Jedi training at the Star Wars thing. We didn't do it because my son isn't into Star Wars yet, but it looks fun as all get out and a friend did it with his son and they loved it.

My most recent trip was Thanksgiving to the first week in Dec last year.
How were the crowds during your visit? We're going during that same timeframe this year.
It's usually the set time that we go every year - usually it's a day or two after Thanksgiving and into that first week in December. The crowds are great. This year we actually got there the day after Thanksgiving and between the holiday and the deals they were giving it was rather crowded until another day or two.But to us, it's really the best time of the year to go. The crowds are much less - the typical wait time on any ride save Soarin should be no more then 20 minutes ever - and the entire world is decorated for Christmas but you don't have to deal with the Christmas crowds. You get all the extra of the holiday season exect the more expensive hotels prices - it's considered off peak - and the crowds. Highly recommend that time of year.

I think Magic Kingdom can certainly be viewed as geared more toward girls - if you spend all of your time in Fantasy Land and doing the girly things throughout the park. But my son loves the place. Just in MK alone you have the Indy Cars, Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain and Splash Mountain; a shooting arcade; Pirates and the Pirate experience; Monsters Inc laugh factory; Buzz's Shootout and the boy rollar coasters in Toon Town.I would argue just about the entirety of EPCOT is boy friendly, including the hot chicks in France and Italy.The Studios are boy toy full from Star Wars to the Stunt Experience.If you focus on the "magical" ascpets of disney, yes they are mostly girly. But there is a ton of stuff there for boys and men alike. Here is something you should do with your kids - get to the Studios and try to get them in for Jedi training at the Star Wars thing. We didn't do it because my son isn't into Star Wars yet, but it looks fun as all get out and a friend did it with his son and they loved it.
Yes, but since my son is only 2 months old right now, I will have to wait a few years to enjoy all the things you mentioned. The cruise is something we can do now if it is worth it. Thinking of going in December when he is 13 months and my daughter is 3 and a half. Will be her 4th time in her young life.

Going for 6 days in October. I'm thinking about trying Universal for a couple days. Any one been to both that can compare the 2?

Users who are viewing this thread