What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Do you eat cereal? (1 Viewer)

fantasycurse42

Footballguy Jr.
I've been getting more into cereal after a decade long hiatus bc my son enjoys it...

Cereal hasn't changed much in the last decade. My favorites (basically the same since I was a little kid):

Cookie Crisp

Lucky Charms

Honeycombs

Honorable Mentions:

Cinnamon Toast Crunch

Raisin Bran

i ate cereal every day for breakfast from age 5 to 26, took a 10 year break because i know i realized how unhealthy it was.. now my small son eats cheerios occasionally.. so i got back into pouring a bowl and chopping up some banana in it.. awesome.

My guilty pleasure cereals though are Golden Grahams and Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cinammon Life is also pretty high on the list.. as is grape nuts with extra raisins.

kasha cereal when trying to eat a healthy cereal

golden crisp/fruity pebbles/ cinnamon toast crunch when I have the munchies

Lately, I will chop up a banana, some strawberries, black berries, and top with granola and nuts then pour some milk over it. I eat that most days.

I eat it occasionally, but never for breakfast. I hate buying it for the kids (but i do) because it has sooo much sugar. Unless you buy the kinds the kids wont eat. :kicksrock:

Not so much anymore. It's not really healthy and the milk tends to give me bubbleguts.
While I agree there are much healthier options, it isn't the most unhealthy either.
name some breakfasts that you think are less healthy than those cereals you listed... just curious.
Bagel and cream cheese

Bacon, egg, and cheese

Bagel with butter

Pancakes and syrup

French Toast and syrup

Any egg combo (for example - eggs, sausage, hash browns and toast)

Waffles with syrup

I eat cereal on the weekends. This time of year it's usually Cheerios or the occasional box of Cookie Crisp.

Starting in September/October.......it's time to load up on Count Chocula, Franken Berry, and Boo Berry. Last year they had Fruit Mummy or whatever it was called. I usually buy 3-4 boxes of each.

fwiw- I keep a box of Peace Cereal, Blueberry Pomegranate around for the occasional- out of yogurt or eggs- quickie breakfast. it looks really healthy... but I'm sure it's full o' fat, sugars and carbs.

I eat cereal on the weekends. This time of year it's usually Cheerios or the occasional box of Cookie Crisp.

Starting in September/October.......it's time to load up on Count Chocula, Franken Berry, and Boo Berry. Last year they had Fruit Mummy or whatever it was called. I usually buy 3-4 boxes of each.
I'm with this guy.

I usually eat cereal 3 or 4 times a week. Nowadays it's Oatmeal Squares or Honey Bunches of Oats, but for 90+% of my life it's been the kid-oriented sugar cereals. Today it was Cheerios. Cocoa Pebbles and Peanut Butter Crunch are still primo.

Hell yes. Cereal is the one meal i always eat. I dont care how unhealthy or what not blah blah blah. Its he only meal I can prepare completely asleep and not screw up.

Raisin Bran Crunch is my favorite.

Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Rice Krispies and Frosted Flakes are mainstays. Apple Cinnamon cheerios are also awesome.

Hell yeah I eat cereal. It is a convenient supper when I get home late from work or it makes a good snack.

When I eat cereal for breakfast is is Wheaties or Corn Flakes. When it is a snack is is Cocoa Puffs or those addictive chocolate Krave suckers. That stuff is really just candy.

Not sure how anyone eats Lucky Charms or any other cereal with the marshmallow things in them. Those have always grossed me out.

Last edited by a moderator:
i eat 2-3 bowls of cereal a day. 1 for breakfast around 6:30-7 AM. 1 for an after-work snack (5:30 - 6 PM), and 1 for dessert after dinner (9PM). some of my favorites included chocolate chex, raisin bran crunch, frosted mini wheats, and chocolate frosted flakes

Love cereal. Usually now, I'll eat a bowl of oatmeal when I'm at work. But on the weekend, it's cereal time. Fruity Pebbles, French Toast Crunch, Froot Loops, etc. I throw in some Kashi Go Lean too just to keep it different.

I have a couple of bowls of Kashi Go Lean Crunch a week, which tastes pretty good with fresh blueberries and whole milk.

My favorite cereal is Life but I won't buy it because I could easily eat bowls at a time, and it's basically just eating bowls of sugar.

Love cereal. Usually now, I'll eat a bowl of oatmeal when I'm at work. But on the weekend, it's cereal time. Fruity Pebbles, French Toast Crunch, Froot Loops, etc. I throw in some Kashi Go Lean too just to keep it different.
IDK what this is, but it is now on the radar.

i do not always eat cereal brohans but when i do it is normally miller high life take that to the bank

I do quite a bit. I'm a picky eater so it's always been a fall back for me. I eat it for dinner a lot when I just don't feel like anything else. My wife cooks, and is a very good cook, but I often just don't feel like eating what she makes, weird.

I usually have a small bowl when I wake up between 4 and 5. We usually keep 3-4 kinds around: Cheerios, Corn Chex, Rice Chex and Rice Krispies. The 16 y.o. has a box of Reeses Puffs, nobody else eats.

Afterward I shower, get ready, and make the 12 minute walk to the office. Sometime around 6:30 I go downstairs and (most commonly) order a dry bagel and a kale omelet.

The latter has 3-4 eggs, greens, caramelized onions, mushrooms, a 1/2-tomato sliced, and 1 sliced avocado.

Ignorant question here, but what is so unhealthy about a bowl of Cheerios with some skim milk?
my portion is the problem. you see if i just consume the amount in a serving of cheerios, that would probably be a semi-reasonable choice. as would something like Total

But I don't want their recommended portion, i want like 3-4X that, and then things begin to spiral downhill.. not to mention some healthy fats and better protein would make for a better breakfast.

IDK what this is, but it is now on the radar.
It's amazing. Way better than Cinnamon Toast Crunch
:goodposting: I never had French Toast Crunch during it's first run but after it came back I gave it a shot. Probably my favorite cereal now. As a bonus it makes the leftover milk taste great which isn't always the case with good cereal.

I usually have a small bowl when I wake up between 4 and 5. We usually keep 3-4 kinds around: Cheerios, Corn Chex, Rice Chex and Rice Krispies. The 16 y.o. has a box of Reeses Puffs, nobody else eats.

Afterward I shower, get ready, and make the 12 minute walk to the office. Sometime around 6:30 I go downstairs and (most commonly) order a dry bagel and a kale omelet.

The latter has 3-4 eggs, greens, caramelized onions, mushrooms, a 1/2-tomato sliced, and 1 sliced avocado.
I think you misunderstood the question. It was "do you eat cereal?" Not "What is your entire morning routine?" YWIA

I can't stand milk so never ate cereal. I am surprised grown adults still eat it, although i guess it is a quick alternative to making breakfast.

I think you misunderstood the question. It was "do you eat cereal?" Not "What is your entire morning routine?" YWIA
:lmao:

No ####s given

You forgot the 400 calories of oil they're cooking the omelette in.

You forgot the 400 calories of oil they're cooking the omelette in.
Really? He forgot something? Which chapter was it in?

Ignorant question here, but what is so unhealthy about a bowl of Cheerios with some skim milk?
Cheerios are a highly processed food and skim milk is worse for you than whole milk.

Google "why cereal is bad for you" and "why skim milk is bad for you" and you'll find a million articles.

Users who are viewing this thread