What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Do you eat cereal? (1 Viewer)

I usually have a small bowl when I wake up between 4 and 5. We usually keep 3-4 kinds around: Cheerios, Corn Chex, Rice Chex and Rice Krispies. The 16 y.o. has a box of Reeses Puffs, nobody else eats.

Afterward I shower, get ready, and make the 12 minute walk to the office. Sometime around 6:30 I go downstairs and (most commonly) order a dry bagel and a kale omelet.

The latter has 3-4 eggs, greens, caramelized onions, mushrooms, a 1/2-tomato sliced, and 1 sliced avocado.
You forgot the 400 calories of oil they're cooking the omelette in.
in coconut oil, natch

I usually have a small bowl when I wake up between 4 and 5. We usually keep 3-4 kinds around: Cheerios, Corn Chex, Rice Chex and Rice Krispies. The 16 y.o. has a box of Reeses Puffs, nobody else eats.

Afterward I shower, get ready, and make the 12 minute walk to the office. Sometime around 6:30 I go downstairs and (most commonly) order a dry bagel and a kale omelet.

The latter has 3-4 eggs, greens, caramelized onions, mushrooms, a 1/2-tomato sliced, and 1 sliced avocado.
You forgot the 400 calories of oil they're cooking the omelette in.
in coconut oil, natch
Holy crap, dude. :lol: Did you just really send me a PM telling me to lay off of you?

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I can't stand milk so never ate cereal. I am surprised grown adults still eat it, although i guess it is a quick alternative to making breakfast.
I always use Almond Milk, now, which I find much preferable to regular milk. My 'go to' cereal is Honey Nut Cheerios.

Who sends another man a PM telling them to leave them alone on a message board because they made fun of their breakfast routine?!? I seriously have tears in my eyes laughing. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I like plain total and total raisin bran...I know raisin bran has a ton of sugar.

I also like Honey Nut Cheerios.

How bad am I going to die?

Nothing wrong with eating cereal if you enjoy it.

Just don't be under the illusion that it's healthy. It isn't.

Bacon, eggs and cheese is much healthier.

No...

Well, sometimes, but only if there is nothing else

Or depends on what cereal kick my daughters are on...

Crap, I don't know how to answer the question without Sheik making fun of me.. :scared:

No...

Crap, I don't know how to answer the question without Sheik making fun of me.. :scared:
You do not want to incur the fury of my wrath when it comes to internet message board one-liners. :hot:

I used to eat cereal on a daily basis, but now it's usually only once (rarely twice) a week.

Top Tier (healthy):

Crispex

Cracklin' Oat Bran

Cinnamon Life

Top Tier (sugary):

Cocoa Pebbles

Count Chocula

Apple Jacks

Others I like:

Corn Pops

Grape Nuts

Quaker Oatmeal Squares

Lately I dislike:

Anything with flakes

Does Malt-0-Meal count as cereal?

Parrothead said:
playin4beer said:
No...

Battle Creek Shiek :boxing:
Awesome. :lmao:

My go to cereal is, and always has been, Cap'n Crunch Berry. I could eat that for every meal from now until the end of time.

Dentist said:
ajm27501 said:
Ignorant question here, but what is so unhealthy about a bowl of Cheerios with some skim milk?
my portion is the problem. you see if i just consume the amount in a serving of cheerios, that would probably be a semi-reasonable choice. as would something like Total

But I don't want their recommended portion, i want like 3-4X that, and then things begin to spiral downhill.. not to mention some healthy fats and better protein would make for a better breakfast.
I don't think I've ever had a single serving size of cereal in my life.

Gave it up and now eat oatmeal.

I love to eat cereal, but I, too, get bubblegut from milk (lactose-filled). I use Lactaid now, and never have any digestive issues from it.

Favorites are: Cap'n Crunch Crunch Berries (I need to try that "only Crunch Berries" option), Honey Bunches of Oats with Almonds, Apple Jacks, Honey Nut Cheerios, Frosted Flakes, Cocoa Pebbles, Cinnamon Toast Crunch.

tri-man 47 said:
sbonomo said:
I can't stand milk so never ate cereal. I am surprised grown adults still eat it, although i guess it is a quick alternative to making breakfast.
I always use Almond Milk, now, which I find much preferable to regular milk. My 'go to' cereal is Honey Nut Cheerios.
I like almond milk too. My favorite is Almond Breeze Unsweetened Original. I usually have a bowl of Kashi GOLEAN original cereal about three times a week.

tri-man 47 said:
sbonomo said:
I like almond milk too. My favorite is Almond Breeze Unsweetened Original. I usually have a bowl of Kashi GOLEAN original cereal about three times a week.
I saw an article where it said that only like 2% of almond milk is almond. The rest is filler and congealing agents. :X

tri-man 47 said:
sbonomo said:
I saw an article where it said that only like 2% of almond milk is almond. The rest is filler and congealing agents. :X
well yeah.

almonds have very small nipples... tough to fill up a big jug of just almond milk

Never understood the Applejack love... I like apples, I like cereal, I just don't like Applejack which is a fairly popular brand.

Well of course breathing in most urban settings is bad for you. And really your body wasnt designed to process dairy at all. So bad for you isn't really an end all reason not to do something. Personally I go with oatmeal in the cool months and cereal in the warm months. Go to cereal is Honey Nut Cheerios, wife goes with Raisin Bran mostly.

TheIronSheik said:
Who sends another man a PM telling them to leave them alone on a message board because they made fun of their breakfast routine?!? I seriously have tears in my eyes laughing. :lol:
You monster

My go to cereal is, and always has been, Cap'n Crunch Berry. I could eat that for every meal from now until the end of time.
I agreed with you until the day I found knock off crunch berries with marshmallows. Not a more enjoyable way to extinguish the palette, imo.

Never understood the Applejack love... I like apples, I like cereal, I just don't like Applejack which is a fairly popular brand.
Applejacks and fruit loops are on the same tier with me. Both are solid, but they're no fruity pebbles.

Love fruity pebbles and captain crunch berries but both suffer from the same problem. You inevitably reach that point of diminishing returns where it becomes physically grating on your mouth to eat them. Crunch berries cut the roof of your mouth and fruity pebbles go from artifici fruity goodness to cardboard dust at a certain point. The trick is finding the balance.

Love fruity pebbles and captain crunch berries but both suffer from the same problem. You inevitably reach that point of diminishing returns where it becomes physically grating on your mouth to eat them. Crunch berries cut the roof of your mouth and fruity pebbles go from artifici fruity goodness to cardboard dust at a certain point. The trick is finding the balance.
The key is to find just the right amount of time to let them soften in the milk. Gotta let them soften a bit but not too soggy. Pour the milk then fix your coffee. When you sit down they should be just right.

I very rarely eat cereal for breakfast but a handful of Frosted Mini Wheats is like dog treats for humans

Top 5

Honey Bunches of oats (any kind)

Banana nut crunch

Raisin bran

Honey nut Cheerios

Trix

Dentist said:
i ate cereal every day for breakfast from age 5 to 26, took a 10 year break because i know i realized how unhealthy it was.. now my small son eats cheerios occasionally.. so i got back into pouring a bowl and chopping up some banana in it.. awesome.

My guilty pleasure cereals though are Golden Grahams and Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cinammon Life is also pretty high on the list.. as is grape nuts with extra raisins.
Cinnamon toast crunch is awesome.

Horrible but awesome.

I just bought a box of chocolatey crunch With marshmallows. Hiding them from the kids. This will be a snack.

But usually I eat eggs or stone cut oatmeal for breakfast.

i eat punks for breakfast and you are all on the menu brohans take that to the bank just kidding you bromigos are all right in my book

Dentist said:
i ate cereal every day for breakfast from age 5 to 26, took a 10 year break because i know i realized how unhealthy it was.. now my small son eats cheerios occasionally.. so i got back into pouring a bowl and chopping up some banana in it.. awesome.

My guilty pleasure cereals though are Golden Grahams and Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cinammon Life is also pretty high on the list.. as is grape nuts with extra raisins.
Cinnamon toast crunch is awesome. Horrible but awesome.

I just bought a box of chocolatey crunch With marshmallows. Hiding them from the kids. This will be a snack.

What be this?

The only thing better than Fruity Pebbles is the milk after you finished your pebbles. Why don't they sell that? Just a carton of fruity pebbles soaked milk?

Dentist said:

Cinnamon toast crunch is awesome.Horrible but awesome.

What be this?
Pff, steel cut oatmeal is for wimps.

Users who are viewing this thread