What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

DSLR Camera Guys (1 Viewer)

I have a VERY photographic n00bie question...

What exactly is the purpose of the external flash? (As in the benefits received from purchasing one)

My wife is pregnant and I'm pushing like hell for a DSLR instead of a P&S and she's reluctantly agreed though she really doesn't want me to spend much money past the camera and delivered lens (18-55mm) at this point. That means to me my next consideration is how fast I can talk her into getting an upgraded lens (18-200mm) or an external flash (say the 430ex).

I've had both recommended to me by our company shutterbug but am :confused: as to which I should gun for in the next major purchase for most enjoyment of the camera. I've always wanted to take up photography as a hobby, so I see this as step one and want to ultimately get the best pics possible by spending my money the wisest.

I have a VERY photographic n00bie question...What exactly is the purpose of the external flash? (As in the benefits received from purchasing one)My wife is pregnant and I'm pushing like hell for a DSLR instead of a P&S and she's reluctantly agreed though she really doesn't want me to spend much money past the camera and delivered lens (18-55mm) at this point. That means to me my next consideration is how fast I can talk her into getting an upgraded lens (18-200mm) or an external flash (say the 430ex).I've had both recommended to me by our company shutterbug but am :confused: as to which I should gun for in the next major purchase for most enjoyment of the camera. I've always wanted to take up photography as a hobby, so I see this as step one and want to ultimately get the best pics possible by spending my money the wisest.
I would say don't push her too quickly, just let your photos do your talking. After I got my DSLR and Mrs. CE saw how much better the pictures were, I've had no problem with her questioning reasonable purchase upgrades for the camera.Can't answer the question about external flash (never used one), but I love having a long zoom. I have a 70-300 VR and have gotten some great shots with it. I may try to get the 18-200 over the next couple of years as our son gets older and we start doing more things with him that we want to have pictures of.

I have a VERY photographic n00bie question...What exactly is the purpose of the external flash? (As in the benefits received from purchasing one)My wife is pregnant and I'm pushing like hell for a DSLR instead of a P&S and she's reluctantly agreed though she really doesn't want me to spend much money past the camera and delivered lens (18-55mm) at this point. That means to me my next consideration is how fast I can talk her into getting an upgraded lens (18-200mm) or an external flash (say the 430ex).I've had both recommended to me by our company shutterbug but am :confused: as to which I should gun for in the next major purchase for most enjoyment of the camera. I've always wanted to take up photography as a hobby, so I see this as step one and want to ultimately get the best pics possible by spending my money the wisest.
I would say don't push her too quickly, just let your photos do your talking. After I got my DSLR and Mrs. CE saw how much better the pictures were, I've had no problem with her questioning reasonable purchase upgrades for the camera.Can't answer the question about external flash (never used one), but I love having a long zoom. I have a 70-300 VR and have gotten some great shots with it. I may try to get the 18-200 over the next couple of years as our son gets older and we start doing more things with him that we want to have pictures of.
go for the 18-200 if you will mostly be shooting outdoors, get the flash if you will mostly be shooting indoors

I am kind of new, but I have been researching lenses a bit lately for my daughters Canon XSi. So I have mostly been looking at the EF-S mount lenses (those made specifically for EOS line of digital cameras with the smaller APC sensors than traditional film) What I have found is the 18-55mm with IS is a very good lens. If you are getting the kit lens with the XTi, the 18-55 does not have the IS (Image Stablization) and it only an OK lens. The reason being these are kind of slow lenses (small aperture = larger f/ #), so you need longer exposure to produce an image. Longer exposer means if you move the lens or your subject moves, your image is going to blurr. Image stabilization reduces this blur significantly. The first upgrade you should probably do is the 50mm f/1.8, nicknamed the nifty 50. This is the faster lens $90 lens you could possibly buy, nothing else comes close for the money. Crystal clear sharp pictures that works well in low-light situations too. You are limited by the fixed focal length, but you can usually work around that and the quality of the images makes it well worth the trouble. The 18-200mm IS is a good lens that gives you much versaltility, but the canon 55-250mm IS is a very good compliment to the kit lens. It runs about $250 new, but can be found for $180 used online.

go for the 18-200 if you will mostly be shooting outdoors, get the flash if you will mostly be shooting indoors
If you are planning on baby pics, I say the flash. You can bounce it off of the ceiling instead of blasting the baby's eyes. Plus the photos look much better with the flash bounced.The 18-200 is not going to help with baby pics.

I am kind of new, but I have been researching lenses a bit lately for my daughters Canon XSi. So I have mostly been looking at the EF-S mount lenses (those made specifically for EOS line of digital cameras with the smaller APC sensors than traditional film) What I have found is the 18-55mm with IS is a very good lens. If you are getting the kit lens with the XTi, the 18-55 does not have the IS (Image Stablization) and it only an OK lens. The reason being these are kind of slow lenses (small aperture = larger f/ #), so you need longer exposure to produce an image. Longer exposer means if you move the lens or your subject moves, your image is going to blurr. Image stabilization reduces this blur significantly. The first upgrade you should probably do is the 50mm f/1.8, nicknamed the nifty 50. This is the faster lens $90 lens you could possibly buy, nothing else comes close for the money. Crystal clear sharp pictures that works well in low-light situations too. You are limited by the fixed focal length, but you can usually work around that and the quality of the images makes it well worth the trouble. The 18-200mm IS is a good lens that gives you much versaltility, but the canon 55-250mm IS is a very good compliment to the kit lens. It runs about $250 new, but can be found for $180 used online.
The 50 f1.8 allows for quick shutter speeds in low light, but it is very slow to focus in the dark. You will also need to be back pretty far for baby pics with that lens.

I guess I should clarify that initially that's the upsell is the baby pics, but this is something I've been interested in doing for a while. We do travel a lot too (compared to most I'd guess) so I plan on bringing it for all of the typical travel photos too. I'm just thinking long term upgrade plan. It sounds like first should be the flash and then a better lens?

Costco has the Canon XSi with the 18-55mm and 55-250mm IS lenses for 679.99. Site says 749.99 but the cart price is 679.99 if anyone else is looking.

Link.
This link has it for 499 now. Is this a good camera. Getting a nice tax return back and am looking for something more then the point and shoot I have

Costco has the Canon XSi with the 18-55mm and 55-250mm IS lenses for 679.99. Site says 749.99 but the cart price is 679.99 if anyone else is looking.

Link.
This link has it for 499 now. Is this a good camera. Getting a nice tax return back and am looking for something more then the point and shoot I have
The link is now for just the XS with just the 18-55 lense.The XSI and extra lense in the original post are upgrades to what is shown in the current link.

update - got the nikon d90 with the 18-200 lens. Gave it to my wife as early x-mas gift, and she loves it so far. We have a lot to learn, but even the "auto" pictures are turning out much better than the P&S.
Got mine as well and spent this past weekend shooting three youth basketball games and my son's birthday party. The 4.5 frames per second was amazing for the basketball game. And in the auto setting, it's as easy to use as a point and shoot. Of course, I'll really be able to unlock the cameras potential once I start to control the settings myself.
Just got back from a week at Disneyworld and shot a ton of pictures. Highly recommend the Lowepro Slingshot bag as I never had to take it off my back to access the camera. I could pull the camera out of my bag, take a shot and have it back in the bag and on my back in 10 seconds.Still a rookie on the camera and shooting a lot in auto mode. Plus, we were moving quickly at Disneyworld, so there wasn't a lot of time for experimentation. Here is a shot I took at Epcot. I used a circular polarizer, which made the sky a little more dramatic.
That picture is making me want to get one of these right now. I have been reading thru this thread and one started by Mad Cow. Doesnt look like there is one specific place to order from like monoprice so does anyone have suggestions. I can go into B&H since I live near the city.Also, what exactly am I looking for

This thread led to a discussion between me & Mrs. CE about the 18-200 VR lens. Already got the thumbs up to purchase when our little boy gets a little older and we start taking him more places where we'll want to get a variety of shots.

:mellow:

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a VERY photographic n00bie question...

What exactly is the purpose of the external flash? (As in the benefits received from purchasing one)

My wife is pregnant and I'm pushing like hell for a DSLR instead of a P&S and she's reluctantly agreed though she really doesn't want me to spend much money past the camera and delivered lens (18-55mm) at this point. That means to me my next consideration is how fast I can talk her into getting an upgraded lens (18-200mm) or an external flash (say the 430ex).

I've had both recommended to me by our company shutterbug but am :confused: as to which I should gun for in the next major purchase for most enjoyment of the camera. I've always wanted to take up photography as a hobby, so I see this as step one and want to ultimately get the best pics possible by spending my money the wisest.
I bought a Canon XSi a few month before my son was born. Great camera and love everything about it... except for the built-in flash on the camera body. It is so extremely overpowered and direct I felt that it was literally ruining my shots; it would blow out faces, cast horrible shadows and give your shots a harsh, sterile feel. You subject would often be so over lit that the background would literally be black. They do make plastic flash diffuser covers that snap over top of the flash but I haven't experimented with those. After Ben was born, I started to shoot everything in no-flash mode. Granted, 95% of my indoor shots were blurry (no flash=longer exposure times=blurred movement), but the other 5% of those shots were beautiful.I finally bought a 430EX and love it. The flash head rotates side-to-side and up-down, so you can angle the flash and bounce it off surfaces. This gives you softer, more natural results. Instead of blasting a flash straight into our subject like a spotlight, you can bounce the light down off the ceiling, diffusing the power of the light while having it come from a much more natural angle (humans are used to seeing ourselves with light cast from above, the sun being the best example).

As you get more advanced, the 430 can also be used as a 'slave' unit in combination with other flashes. So you can set up with flashes at different locations around your subject and have them all fire simultaneously.

I'll see if I can dig up some comparison shots for you to look at.

update - got the nikon d90 with the 18-200 lens. Gave it to my wife as early x-mas gift, and she loves it so far. We have a lot to learn, but even the "auto" pictures are turning out much better than the P&S.
Got mine as well and spent this past weekend shooting three youth basketball games and my son's birthday party. The 4.5 frames per second was amazing for the basketball game. And in the auto setting, it's as easy to use as a point and shoot. Of course, I'll really be able to unlock the cameras potential once I start to control the settings myself.
Just got back from a week at Disneyworld and shot a ton of pictures. Highly recommend the Lowepro Slingshot bag as I never had to take it off my back to access the camera. I could pull the camera out of my bag, take a shot and have it back in the bag and on my back in 10 seconds.Still a rookie on the camera and shooting a lot in auto mode. Plus, we were moving quickly at Disneyworld, so there wasn't a lot of time for experimentation. Here is a shot I took at Epcot. I used a circular polarizer, which made the sky a little more dramatic.
Hey BB,I am heading there in April, and am trying to figure out how to carry the gear I want to take with me. I have a photographers vest, and it is great for all the little crap you want to take (batteries/mem cards/filters), plus my 40D and 2 or 3 lenses. My problem with it is going on the water rides. When did you do? I know Lowpro bags are waterproof, but I want to get away from wearing a pack on my back for 5 days at Disney

BTW, great shot of Epcot. I can not wait to get there are start shooting

Live view can be really cool. You can take shots 10 sec apart on say a beautiful mountain for about an hour. You get ~10 sec video based on the camera software of clouds moving past the mountain. I did this at Mt Shasta and it turned out great. This is really a new way to take pictures - pictures with a little motion.

Last year I was taking pictures of Osprey nesting. The parent would tear up small pieces of fish and hand feed the chicks. After take several pictures I put it on live view. It got a lot of comments - More than my pictures -LOL,

That picture is making me want to get one of these right now. I have been reading thru this thread and one started by Mad Cow. Doesnt look like there is one specific place to order from like monoprice so does anyone have suggestions. I can go into B&H since I live near the city.Also, what exactly am I looking for
B&H and Adorama have great prices for walk-ins.

Hey BB,I am heading there in April, and am trying to figure out how to carry the gear I want to take with me. I have a photographers vest, and it is great for all the little crap you want to take (batteries/mem cards/filters), plus my 40D and 2 or 3 lenses. My problem with it is going on the water rides. When did you do? I know Lowpro bags are waterproof, but I want to get away from wearing a pack on my back for 5 days at Disney

Thanks! Your vest sounds extremely convenient. As for the water rides, Splash Mountain was closed for renovations while we were there. We did go on Kali River Rapids while we were there and the large circular raft had a relatively water proof bin in the center for bags. I left my slingshot with my wife who didn't ride with us, but the bin did seem to work well for others who were on the ride with us. I imagine Splash Mountain has something similar.

Im looking at the Lowepro Fastpack 250...backpack that I can slide one strap off and pull the bag around to the front and get the camera out with a side pocket entry...plus can hold a laptop as well. (not that the laptop would be in it all of the time...just when traveling, convenient IMO to have both in the same pack.

Im looking at the Lowepro Fastpack 250...backpack that I can slide one strap off and pull the bag around to the front and get the camera out with a side pocket entry...plus can hold a laptop as well. (not that the laptop would be in it all of the time...just when traveling, convenient IMO to have both in the same pack.
That looks like a really nice backpack with more room than my Slingshot, which is designed to be small and light. That said, I'd suggest testing them out in the store. I'm not sure that accessing your camera through the side access panel would be as convenient or secure with only one strap over your shoulder, rather than the strap across your chest. Of course, having the strap across your chest takes some getting used to.

Thanks! Your vest sounds extremely convenient. As for the water rides, Splash Mountain was closed for renovations while we were there. We did go on Kali River Rapids while we were there and the large circular raft had a relatively water proof bin in the center for bags. I left my slingshot with my wife who didn't ride with us, but the bin did seem to work well for others who were on the ride with us. I imagine Splash Mountain has something similar.
I have done Disney several times. My suggestion is to take the camera with a general purpose lens (I used the 17-55IS) and nothing else. You are not going to have time to use special filters and change lenses when the kids want to be on rides. For protection on Splash Mountain I just used my normal camera bag since I only needed to worry about splash.

That looks like a really nice backpack with more room than my Slingshot, which is designed to be small and light. That said, I'd suggest testing them out in the store. I'm not sure that accessing your camera through the side access panel would be as convenient or secure with only one strap over your shoulder, rather than the strap across your chest. Of course, having the strap across your chest takes some getting used to.
I have the Tamerac Expedition 3 and it is light but has a lot of room.

I have done Disney several times. My suggestion is to take the camera with a general purpose lens (I used the 17-55IS) and nothing else. You are not going to have time to use special filters and change lenses when the kids want to be on rides. For protection on Splash Mountain I just used my normal camera bag since I only needed to worry about splash.
This is where things like the 18-200 that's been discussed really shines - you can get wide shots, and can zoom in on the dumbo ride while you're on the ground. Depending on where I'm going and how much I pack, this sometimes ends up being the only lens I take on vacation.

What is the depreciation value on these things

Not in terms of selling it, but if I buy the Nikon D90 for $1600 (with the 18-200 lens), when will the next one come out and am I better off waiting at this point. Doesnt look like there are any great sales like the one BB cashed in on.

What is the depreciation value on these thingsNot in terms of selling it, but if I buy the Nikon D90 for $1600 (with the 18-200 lens), when will the next one come out and am I better off waiting at this point. Doesnt look like there are any great sales like the one BB cashed in on.
Body deprication can be as much as 50% from gen to gen, but lenses don't have as steep of a loss in value. I would get a lesser body and get better lenses if value rentention is a concern of yours. You don't save a huge amount when a new gen comes out. The D90 has fallen enough that you won't see huge descreases.

What is the depreciation value on these thingsNot in terms of selling it, but if I buy the Nikon D90 for $1600 (with the 18-200 lens), when will the next one come out and am I better off waiting at this point. Doesnt look like there are any great sales like the one BB cashed in on.
New models typically come out in the fall, iirc. Not sure what is on the horizon. That said, I'm still using my Nikon D50 that is now obsolete. Doesn't mean it still doesn't give me great pictures.You don't always have to have the latest and greatest equipment.

You will be able to continue to use your lenses even if you later upgrade your camera body. That said, I think the D90 will suit your purposes for a while if you're an amateur.

I have done Disney several times. My suggestion is to take the camera with a general purpose lens (I used the 17-55IS) and nothing else. You are not going to have time to use special filters and change lenses when the kids want to be on rides.

For protection on Splash Mountain I just used my normal camera bag since I only needed to worry about splash.
This is where things like the 18-200 that's been discussed really shines - you can get wide shots, and can zoom in on the dumbo ride while you're on the ground. Depending on where I'm going and how much I pack, this sometimes ends up being the only lens I take on vacation.
I spent 6 days at Disney, and there were only about 2-3 shots that I wish I had a longer zoom (all on the safari at Animal Kingdom). Otherwise, the 18-200 was extremely convenient.

Just got back from a week at Disneyworld and shot a ton of pictures. Highly recommend the Lowepro Slingshot bag as I never had to take it off my back to access the camera. I could pull the camera out of my bag, take a shot and have it back in the bag and on my back in 10 seconds.

Still a rookie on the camera and shooting a lot in auto mode. Plus, we were moving quickly at Disneyworld, so there wasn't a lot of time for experimentation. Here is a shot I took at Epcot. I used a circular polarizer, which made the sky a little more dramatic.

The Slingshot also has a waterproof protective cover that you can pull out from the bottom. I imagine other camera packs have something similar.

What is the depreciation value on these things

Not in terms of selling it, but if I buy the Nikon D90 for $1600 (with the 18-200 lens), when will the next one come out and am I better off waiting at this point. Doesnt look like there are any great sales like the one BB cashed in on.
Body deprication can be as much as 50% from gen to gen, but lenses don't have as steep of a loss in value. I would get a lesser body and get better lenses if value rentention is a concern of yours. You don't save a huge amount when a new gen comes out. The D90 has fallen enough that you won't see huge descreases.
If you don't mind buying used, this forum has a very active market. Most of the people there are photography buffs who keep their equipment is excellent shape. It is amazing how well lenses keep their value.

Oh, I have tested the Fastpack 200...same as the 250 without a spot for the laptop. No store around here has the 250 so Im ordering it tonight so I get it before the trip (2 weeks away).I liked the sling shot too...it was an option just as a camera pack...but Im wanting the dual use pack.

For guys who have used the Nikon D90 and the Cannon XSI that have been talked about in this thread, which one would you recommend. And, is there another one in the same range that you would say competes or is better.

I have been trying to read reviews on many different cameras but not knowing a lot of the technical stuff is hurting my ability to weigh the pros and cons

Thanks for the timely reviews on the Slingshot bag. Going to Costco tonight to check it out and likely buy it.

For guys who have used the Nikon D90 and the Cannon XSI that have been talked about in this thread, which one would you recommend. And, is there another one in the same range that you would say competes or is better.

I have been trying to read reviews on many different cameras but not knowing a lot of the technical stuff is hurting my ability to weigh the pros and cons
I don't know that you're going to find many folks who have spent sufficient time using both, but I could be wrong. You've probably already read Ken Rockwell's reviews, but in case you haven't:Nikon D90

Canon Rebel XSi

For guys who have used the Nikon D90 and the Cannon XSI that have been talked about in this thread, which one would you recommend. And, is there another one in the same range that you would say competes or is better.I have been trying to read reviews on many different cameras but not knowing a lot of the technical stuff is hurting my ability to weigh the pros and cons
Canon vs Nikon is a little like Apple vs Miscrosoft in that people tend to feel very passionate about their choice.The fact is, you're going to get good pictures from either camera. I chose to go with Nikon (I have a D50) and have been happy. I'm sure I'd be happy had I chosen to go with Canon. You really can't go wrong.

just the specsThe Canon looks significantly cheaper, so if you value them the same that is probably your best bet (I own the D90).

I thought the Canon 50D was more in line with the D90 and if you are shooting sports I think the 50D might be a better choice, otherwise the D90 may give you better image quality (IQ).

Questions about UV filters

How often do you change UV filters? I bought a few extra just in case I scratch one. The one I have on my main lens is about 9 months old and seems to be perpetually dirty. Should I do this frequently? Should they last years? I've seen them run anywhere from about $10/ to $55/. Is there going to be a huge difference with the lower end filters to the higher end?

just the specsThe Canon looks significantly cheaper, so if you value them the same that is probably your best bet (I own the D90).

I thought the Canon 50D was more in line with the D90 and if you are shooting sports I think the 50D might be a better choice, otherwise the D90 may give you better image quality (IQ).
When I was looking...I liked both the D90 and the XSI.IMO...the D90 is a bit better camera...comes with a wider range on the lense too (I think its an 18-100 rather than the 18-55).

But...at that time, I was not so sold on the D90 to spend the extra $$$ and got the XSI and have been very happy with hit so far.

Still improving what I can do with a camera and enjoying it...will like it better once the weather gets a bit nicer and I can do more outside with it (plus the boy starts soccer soon so the extra 55-250 lense I got will come in handy).

Just got back from a week at Disneyworld and shot a ton of pictures. Highly recommend the Lowepro Slingshot bag as I never had to take it off my back to take access the camera. I could pull the camera out of my bag, take a shot and have it back in the bag and on my back in 10 seconds.Still a rookie on the camera and shooting a lot in auto mode. Here is a shot I took at Epcot. I used a circular polarizer, which made the sky a little more dramatic.
Couldn't agree more. Love my Slingshot.
Im contemplating going with the Slingshot 200.Just weighing out how important it is for me to have the ability to put the laptop in it.

I only have a laptop for work now...getting one for us at home this spring/summer...but the fastpack 250 I mentioned can only hold up to a 15.4" screen and we may go bigger than that.

Was at Best Buy today at lunch and loved the feel of the Slingshot bag...plus its about a pound lighter than the fastpack.

Thanks for all the responses guys. I guess I will go into the store and see what they can do for me.

JoJo, Can you bargain with the guys at B&H. Get them to throw in extras, or what you see is what you get.

Thanks again.

Thanks for all the responses guys. I guess I will go into the store and see what they can do for me. JoJo, Can you bargain with the guys at B&H. Get them to throw in extras, or what you see is what you get. Thanks again.
Have you been in any stores and handled the cameras?That was a big thing for me...getting the feel for each one.For me, it eliminated the D5000. Did not like the flip screen and seeing and feeling the camera...to me that had me between the XSI and the D90 after that.Not sure about B&H...but check out Adorama...lots of package deals on there...I will look for the other sites people on here recommended too that had some good package deals.

Thanks for all the responses guys. I guess I will go into the store and see what they can do for me. JoJo, Can you bargain with the guys at B&H. Get them to throw in extras, or what you see is what you get. Thanks again.
Have you been in any stores and handled the cameras?That was a big thing for me...getting the feel for each one.For me, it eliminated the D5000. Did not like the flip screen and seeing and feeling the camera...to me that had me between the XSI and the D90 after that.Not sure about B&H...but check out Adorama...lots of package deals on there...I will look for the other sites people on here recommended too that had some good package deals.
Yeah they may toss you a cheapo camera bag depending on how much you spend, and typically they will price match, but not much wiggle room. Adorama I have found to be a bit better price wise then B&H as well.

Questions about UV filtersHow often do you change UV filters? I bought a few extra just in case I scratch one. The one I have on my main lens is about 9 months old and seems to be perpetually dirty. Should I do this frequently? Should they last years? I've seen them run anywhere from about $10/ to $55/. Is there going to be a huge difference with the lower end filters to the higher end?
I don't have filters on any of my lenses. I will put a Circpol on if needed, or will use cokins when going for an effect. I am just insanely careful with my gear though

Questions about UV filters

How often do you change UV filters? I bought a few extra just in case I scratch one. The one I have on my main lens is about 9 months old and seems to be perpetually dirty. Should I do this frequently? Should they last years? I've seen them run anywhere from about $10/ to $55/. Is there going to be a huge difference with the lower end filters to the higher end?
I don't have filters on any of my lenses. I will put a Circpol on if needed, or will use cokins when going for an effect. I am just insanely careful with my gear though
See, I have a toddler, take a lot of pics around the grill for the website, and have been known to have a beverage in hand when taking pictures as often time the cam is out at social events. That being said, a UV filter is a must for me simply for the protection of the insanely expensive lenses and mine are cheapos but still more than I want to replace...Anyone else use UV filters?

Anyone else use UV filters?
Yes. I bought one for protection as well. Of course you can go with a cheaper alternative, but I figured I'd spent enough on my camera, might as well waste some money on a really good filter. I went with the Hoya HD UV filter, and picked up a Hoya HD Circular Polarizer as well. Got them half price from MaxSaver.net, which is a Hong Kong outfit that sells filters and other accessories on the cheap.Check out this demo showing how indestructible these things are. Mind you, I haven't tried this with mine.

After contemplating the Fastpack 250 and 350...and the Slingshot 200.

I went another direction and have ordered the Tamrac Aero Speedpack 3385.

Should be here tomorrow.

After contemplating the Fastpack 250 and 350...and the Slingshot 200.I went another direction and have ordered the Tamrac Aero Speedpack 3385.Should be here tomorrow.
Just looked that one up. It looks really nice. I'd be interested to hear how you like it. I'm thinking that I may get a larger backpack as a complement to my slingshot for when I need to pack things other than my camera and video equipment.

After contemplating the Fastpack 250 and 350...and the Slingshot 200.I went another direction and have ordered the Tamrac Aero Speedpack 3385.Should be here tomorrow.
Just looked that one up. It looks really nice. I'd be interested to hear how you like it. I'm thinking that I may get a larger backpack as a complement to my slingshot for when I need to pack things other than my camera and video equipment.
I went with the big bag now...and will look to getting a slingshot probably in the future as a lighter weight small pack for later.With the trip to Disney, I know we will have a bunch of stuff we need to haul around (taking a 5 year old and a 2 year old).Not sure if we can skip the 2nd bag anyway on this trip as the temps look to be a bit cool and we might have light jackets for everyone packed.But any half days or times we know we won't need anything other than a few diapers and the wipe container...I can hold it all in the one backpack.And I won't be carrying it every day. Some days Im sure my dad will be carrying his bag around (or mine with his camera in it).

Users who are viewing this thread