What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[Dynasty] 2018 Draft Class (2 Viewers)

Wyoming redshirt junior QB Josh Allen has declared for the 2018 NFL Draft.

Allen did so after leading the Cowboys to a 37-14 victory on Saturday in the Famous Idaho Potato Bowl. This was a bit of a foregone conclusion, as he had been introduced as a senior in Wyoming's final home game, and there was plenty of other talk that suggested his days at Wyoming are done. He's currently viewed as one of the best quarterback prospects in the country despite only throwing for 1,800 yards and 16 touchdowns on the season. It'd be a major upset if he wasn't a first-round pick, and if he tests well (he's rumored to be headed to the Senior Bowl), he could be the first quarterback off the board, maybe even the first pick.

Source: Matt Stephens on Twitter

I haven’t seen much about David sills, but at 6’4” he seems to have the size and acumen to become a possession guy. I haven’t watched him a lot yet but I’m curious why he’s not at least getting mentioned. 

He's a no brainer 1st rounder. Also believe Mason Rudolph makes it into the 1st and probably Lamar Jackson. The league is so starved for QB. With so much potential and yet so many more teams needing a QB, this should be an interesting 1st round of jockeying for position. You even have New Orleans and Pittsburgh in the mix as their guys are near the end. Also, don't forget about the Pats. They can strike this year and be ready for Brady's retirement.

He's a no brainer 1st rounder. Also believe Mason Rudolph makes it into the 1st and probably Lamar Jackson. The league is so starved for QB. With so much potential and yet so many more teams needing a QB, this should be an interesting 1st round of jockeying for position. You even have New Orleans and Pittsburgh in the mix as their guys are near the end. Also, don't forget about the Pats. They can strike this year and be ready for Brady's retirement.
I believe this years draft had something to do with Jimmy G getting traded. I expect NE to draft a QB this year. Not a shock. I wish they kept Jimmy but just couldn’t happen.

Iowa senior RB Akrum Wadley rushed for 88 yards and a touchdown on 22 carries while racking up 171 yards on five punt returns in Wednesday's 27-20 win over Boston College in the New Era Pinstripe Bowl.

In a fun, cold bowl showdown in the Bronx, Wadley scored a five-yard touchdown midway through the third quarter to knot the score at 17-17. After the two teams traded field goals in the fourth quarter, Iowa would take the lead -- and hold it -- on a short touchdown plunge by Drake Kulick with just over three minutes remaining in the contest. For his part, the 5-foot-11, 190-pound Wadley closes out his senior season having rushed for 1,117 yards and 10 touchdowns. Up next for the back, a trip to the Senior Bowl as he embarks on his draft journey. He is very much in play for a Day 2 (Rds. 2-3) selection, not only due to his rushing prowess, but also due to his upside as a receiver out of the backfield. Wadley has caught 62 passes over the past two seasons.

Following Florida State's 42-13 win over Southern Miss in the Independence Bowl, junior WR Auden Tate declined to comment on a potential NFL Draft declaration.

"Coach [Odell Haggins] always tells me to be where my feet are, so they are right here," Tate said. "So I am going to enjoy this win with my team and then go from there." If Wednesday's bowl showing was his last collegiate game, the 6-foot-5, 218-pounder went out in fine fashion, catching five passes for 84 yards and a trio of touchdowns. A potential Day 1 selection for the draft, Tate offers an enticing frame for red zone work.

Source: 247Sports

Dec 27 - 6:24 PM

lod001 said:
I think we may see an unprecedented number of trades with teams looking to move up and grab one of these QBs.

lod001 said:
Chargers might want a qb as well

I haven’t seen much about David sills, but at 6’4” he seems to have the size and acumen to become a possession guy. I haven’t watched him a lot yet but I’m curious why he’s not at least getting mentioned. 
Drops. Makes the prettiest over the shoulder catches in stride and then will drop an easy slant or curl.

Stanford redshirt junior RB Bryce Love rushed for 145 yards and two touchdowns on 26 carries in Thursday's 39-37 loss to TCU in the Alamo Bowl.

Freshly-adorned Doak Walker winner Love put in a 15-yard touchdown run to open the game's scoring midway through the first quarter. That was just the table-setter for what was to come, as the 5-foot-10, 184-pounder later broke through for one his patented long bolts to glory, this one coming from 69 yards out early in the third quarter. He could have had an even bigger game, but suffered a thumb injury -- one which ESPN says required stitches -- in the fourth quarter which required an extended stay in the medical tent. Love finishes the season having rushed for a Stanford-record 2,118 yards and 19 touchdowns, breaking Christian McCaffrey's record set just three seasons ago. Should he declare for the draft, he's a tough back with speed to burn, stellar vision and an underrated strength component to his game. Size and a lack of experience as a pass-catcher could potentially cause some NFL teams to shy off, but he's likely an early Day 2 selection at worst, one with late Day 1 upside.

Oklahoma State senior WR James Washington caught five passes for 126 yards and a touchdown in Thursday's 30-21 win over Virginia Tech in the Camping World Bowl.

We'll miss watching Mason Rudolph throw bombs to James Washington, but the pair gave us one last fun moment when they hooked up on a 65-yard touchdown with 5:48 remaining in the third quarter. The recently-minted winner of the Biletnikoff ends the year the owner of a 74-1549-13 receiving line. All three of those marks are the best in what's been an outstanding career. Washington went over 1,000 yards receiving each of his final three seasons in Stillwater. We like him as a first-round selection -- his speed and downfield ability are among the best in the class -- though his occasional issues with drops could potentially knock him down to the second round.

Dec 28 - 9:19 PM

Oklahoma State senior QB Mason Rudolph completed 21-of-32 passes for 351 yards and two touchdowns in Thursday's 30-21 win over Virginia Tech in the Camping World Bowl.

Virginia Tech's defense kept Rudolph in check at times, especially early, but Bud Foster's crew would not hold the senior down for long. After being blanked in the touchdown column in the first half, the 6-foot-5, 235-pound senior came out in the third quarter with a 17-yard touchdown pass to Dillon Stoner and a 65-yarder to James Washington. This entertaining bowl victory now in the books, Rudolph will move on from a prolific career with the Cowboys and transition into draft prep as he looks to level up. His frame is NFL-ready and he possesses the requisite arm. Draft Analyst's Chris Tripodi notes that there are some questions regarding his ability to process information at speed and his consistency. That particular outlet grades him as a fourth-round prospect. We think he has upside into Day 2. In a deep quarterback class, he's an intriguing under-the-radar option.

Dec 28 - 8:57 PM

Oklahoma State redshirt senior WR Marcell Ateman caught five passes for 107 yards in Thursday's 31-20 win over Virginia Tech in the Camping World Bowl.

No touchdowns for the 6-foot-4, 215-pound Ateman, but a fine game nonetheless. Both he and fellow wideout James Washington went over 100 yards in the contest. For his part, Ateman ends the year having caught 59 passes for 1,156 yards and eight touchdowns. The second-team All-Big 12 honoree will next be seen at the Senior Bowl as he begins his draft journey. He possesses palatable size and should run well at the Combine. At this early juncture, Draft Analyst assigns Ateman a sixth-round grade.

ESPN's Ian O'Connor passes along that one NFC personnel executive is "convinced" that the Browns will select Wyoming QB Josh Allen with the No. 1 overall pick.

It's important to keep in mind that all personnel executives are not created equal and that we're still incredibly early in the draft process. At the very least, though, O'Connor's little tidbit is a telling sign that talk of the athletically-gifted Allen dropping out of the first round due to his sometime-struggles this season is very likely off the mark. NFL.com's Bucky Brooks wrote earlier this month that the 6-foot-5, 220-pounder "might eventually develop into a star at the position" in the NFL, while noting within the same breath that issues with awareness and pocket discipline could prevent him from reaching his potential.

Source: Ian O'Connor on Twitter 

Dec 28 - 8:02 PM

Washington is a hands catcher, is physical, and has great ball tracking ability.  I believe he's the #1 WR in the class.

Last edited by a moderator:
Georgia senior WR Javon Wims accepted an invite to play in the East-West Shrine Game.

Wims (6'3/215) didn't put up huge numbers in 2017 (38-631-6), but he was Georgia's best playmaker on the outside, and those numbers are more impressive when you consider how reliant the Bulldogs were on the run on the season. He's also an excellent blocker who should be a quality special-teams player as well. He's currently seen as a third-to-fifth round selection by most scouting services.

Source: East-West Shrine Game 

Dec 28 - 1:15 PM

Washington is a hands catcher, is physical, and has great ball tracking ability.  I believe he's the #1 WR in the class.
Dude has one of the oddest looking bodies for a WR I can recall. I don't care about the measurements, something just looks odd and I can't come up with a WR comp, or a comp period.

Dude has one of the oddest looking bodies for a WR I can recall. I don't care about the measurements, something just looks odd and I can't come up with a WR comp, or a comp period.
I agree.  He has a RB lower body.  He will be a run after catch monster.  Perhaps a comp would be Ty Montgomery with receiving skills.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tennessee football workhorse tailback John Kelly declares for NFL Draft

Rotoworld take:

Tennessee junior RB John Kelly will declare for the 2018 NFL Draft.

This is an unfortunate turn of events for new Vols HC Jeremy Pruitt. We'd heard Kelly was leaning towards declaring earlier in the campaign, though we thought he might have a change of heart due to a misdemeanor marijuana possession citation in October and a poor second half as Tennessee's offense cratered amid all the Butch Jones drama. The 5-foot-9, 212-pound Kelly isn't a burner, which will hurt his draft positioning, but he is extremely tough and versatile. Kelly was a broken tackle machine at Tennessee who provided value in the passing game. He finished with 778 yards rushing and nine touchdowns and a 37-299-0 receiving line in 2017 after stepping into the RB1 role. Kelly's stock is heavily dependent on his testing numbers and interviews. Amid a deep RB class, he looks like a Day 3 pick that could potentially slip out of the draft altogether if his tests are poor. Ty Chandler figures to take over as Tennessee's starting RB next fall, though he'll be pushed by Carlin Fils-aime.

Source: WATE 6 

Dec 29 - 2:14 PM

Users who are viewing this thread