What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[Dynasty] 2018 Draft Class (1 Viewer)

USC junior WR Deontay Burnett caught 12 passes for 139 yards in Friday's 24-7 loss to Ohio State in the Goodyear Cotton Bowl Classic.

Burnett (6'0/170) was QB Sam Darnold's favorite target on the evening, albeit in a game where USC's offense was largely snuffed out by OSU's terrifying defense. The junior wideout wraps up the campaign having caught 86 passes for 1,114 yards and nine touchdowns. While he's slightly undersized, Burnett offers plus quickness and route running for draft purposes. Should he declare, the Trojans wideout will be in the Day 2 (Rds. 2-3) conversation.

Dec 30 - 12:29 AM

Washington junior RB Myles Gaskin rushed for 98 yards and two touchdowns on 14 carries in Saturday's 35-28 loss to Penn State in the PlayStation Fiesta Bowl.

The bulk of Gaskin's yardage came on a 69-yard scoring scamper right up the gut out of the wildcat midway through the fourth quarter. That touchdown jaunt drew Washington to within 35-28, but Penn State would milk most of the rest clock before a missed field goal turned it back over. The Huskies were unable to come up with any points on their final offensive drive, one which saw them get the ball with just over 30 seconds left on the clock. The 5-foot-9, 192-pound Gaskin wraps his junior campaign having put up 1,380 yards and 20 touchdowns on the ground. He's topped 1,000 yards in each of his first three seasons in Seattle. As an NFL prospect, he'll face size questions, but could work his way into the late Day 2 conversation with a strong process. Both Draft Analyst and Walter Football currently grade him as a fourth-round prospect, though the latter outlet would not be surprised to see him drop to the fifth or sixth round.

Dec 30 - 7:45 PM

Memphis redshirt senior WR Anthony Miller was sporting a boot on his right foot and was using crutches following the team's loss to Iowa State in the Liberty Bowl on Saturday.

Miller (5'11/190) caught four passes for 55 yards and a score in the contest. It's unclear at this juncture just how severe the redshirt senior's leg injury might be, but anything which requires a lengthy rehab could potentially prove problematic for draft evaluation purposes. A healthy Miller would likely land on Day 2 (Rds. 2-3) in the spring. He's heading to the Senior Bowl next month assuming this injury concern does not sideline him for that postseason showing.

Source: Mark Giannotto on Twitter 

Dec 30 - 6:10 PM

Louisville junior WR Jaylen Smith posted seven receptions for 107 yards and a touchdown in Saturday's 31-27 loss against Mississippi State in the Taxslayer Bowl.

It was his first 100-yard game since mid-October against Boston College, although he finishes the season with at least one touchdown in four consecutive outings. He fell just short for 1,000 yards on the season, posting 980 yards with seven scores. A wrist injury kept him from playing in three outings or he really would have had a monster season. The 6-foot-4, 219-pounder will have a decision to make in the offseason. He'll either need to adjust to life without WR Lamar Jackson in 2018 for his senior campaign, or take his chances declaring for the NFL Draft.

Ole Miss redshirt senior RB Jordan Wilkins received an invitation to the NFL Scouting Combine.

Wilkins (6'1/215) wrapped the current season having rushed for a career-best 1,011 yards (6.5 YPC) and nine touchdowns. He is not the most fleet a-foot back in the college landscape -- NFLDraftScout.com sees him running the 40-yard dash in the upper 4.5's. Outlet analyst Dane Brugler calls Wilkins a "poor man's Ryan Matthews" and sees him as a potential late-round selection depending on how his evaluating process plays out.

Source: Jordan Wilkins on Twitter 

Dec 30 - 4:47 PM

Iowa State senior WR Allen Lazard finished with 10 receptions for 142 yards and a touchdown in Saturday's 21-20 win over Memphis in the Autozone Liberty Bowl.

Lazard capped off his collegiate career in style with his 10th touchdown of the season, the first time he reached double digits in receiving TDs in a single season. The 142 yards were the second-most of his career, eclipsed only by the 147 yards during his sophomore campaign on Oct. 7 against TCU. Next up is an appearance in the Senior Bowl, followed by Pro Day and the NFL Scouting Combine. Lazard has plenty of size at 6-foot-5 and 222 pounds to make him an attractive red zone target at the next level.

Dec 30 - 4:41 PM

Memphis redshirt senior WR Anthony Miller was sporting a boot on his right foot and was using crutches following the team's loss to Iowa State in the Liberty Bowl on Saturday.

Miller (5'11/190) caught four passes for 55 yards and a score in the contest. It's unclear at this juncture just how severe the redshirt senior's leg injury might be, but anything which requires a lengthy rehab could potentially prove problematic for draft evaluation purposes. A healthy Miller would likely land on Day 2 (Rds. 2-3) in the spring. He's heading to the Senior Bowl next month assuming this injury concern does not sideline him for that postseason showing.

Source: Mark Giannotto on Twitter 

Dec 30 - 6:10 PM
Should make him nice and cheap for me on draft day.  Take your time and heal up buddy, don't rush back for the combine or pro-day!

Washington junior RB Myles Gaskin is undecided on entering the 2018 NFL Draft.

"I’m not going to lie, losing [Saturday's Fiesta Bowl loss to Penn State] is going to leave a sour taste in my mouth, and I don’t like leaving places with a sour taste in my mouth," Gaskin said. The 5-foot-9, 192-pounder rushed for 98 yards and a pair of scores in Saturday's bowl loss to the Nittany Lions and finished the year posting his third consecutive season of at least 1,000 yards on the ground. He's a likely Day 3 (Rds. 4-7) selection should he declare for the NFL Draft, with some upside toward late on Day 2 with a strong evaluating process.

Source: Seattle Times

Dec 30 - 11:24 PM

Where can I find a prospect watch of who has declared and who hasn't?  Can anyone point me in the right direction?  Prefer it to be a comprehensive, constantly updated list of some kind.  

247Sports' Barry Bolton reports that Washington State senior QB Luke Falk played with a broken left wrist for most of the season.

Per Bolton, Falk broke his left wrist all the way back on Sept. 9, in a win over Boise State, and played the rest of the season with a cast on the injured hand (under a black glove). Washington State went to great lengths to keep this under wraps, with Falk cutting off the cast before media sessions so as to avoid questions. According to Bolton, the senior quarterback was forced to undergo surgery two weeks after the close of the regular season due to his increasing issues with mobility in the wrist. All of this explains why Falk was scratched from the team's Holiday Bowl loss to Michigan State earlier this week. It could also go a ways toward explaining why the gunslinger had himself a relatively down campaign by his standards, throwing for 3,593 yards with a 30/13 TD/INT ratio after posting back-to-back 38-touchdown seasons in 2015 and 2016. Falk's availability for the Senior Bowl is unknown, but this recent surgery could certainly throw a wrench into matters.

Source: 247Sports

Dec 31 - 2:10 PM

Kansas State junior WR Byron Pringle will forego his final year of eligibility to enter the 2018 NFL Draft.

Pringle (6'2/205) posted relatively modest overall numbers this year, catching 30 passes for 724 yards and six scores. He proved to be fantastic at breaking the big play, though, posting a yards-per-reception mark of 24.1 for the campaign. That was good for best in the Big 12. He's also an adept kick-return man. As an NFL prospect, Pringle's special teams chops should help his stock. Draft Analyst viewed him as a likely undrafted free agent entering the season, but they've since propped him up with a fifth-round grade. Day 3 (Rds. 4-7) is his most probable landing zone.

Source: Kellis Robinett on Twitter 

Jan 1 - 4:34 PM

The MMQB's Peter King spoke with one veteran NFL scout who firmly stated there is "no way" Browns GM John Dorsey passes on Wyoming redshirt junior QB Josh Allen at No. 1 overall.

"This is Wentz reincarnated. Allen’s a perfect Dorsey quarterback. Just watch," the scout said. Wowee. One, anything can happen in the world of football. Two, we are many months away from the NFL draft, with multiple events for Allen and other quarterback prospects to prove themselves. Allen has not accepted a Senior Bowl invitation yet, but it could be on the horizon. Dorsey, and more so Jimmy Haslam, could be chasing their white whale here in terms of missing out on Carson Wentz a few years ago. With that said, Allen and Wentz produced drastically different collegiate careers. But size, arm and athleticism speaks.

Source: The MMQB

Jan 1 - 9:07 AM

Georgia senior RB Sony Michel rushed for 181 yards and three touchdowns on 11 carries while catching four passes for 41 yards and an additional score in Monday's 54-48 double-overtime win over Oklahoma in the Rose Bowl.

In what was showstopper of a game to begin the College Football Playoff, Michel had several huge runs, including a thrilling 75-yard scoring dash near the beginning of the second quarter. He would later put in a 38-yard touchdown run just before the game flipped to the fourth quarter. The game would not be decided until Michel raced in for 27-yard score in double-overtime. His lone demerit came when he coughed up the ball for a scoop-and-score touchdown in the fourth quarter. Georgia showed fantastic resolve to bounce back from that miscue. Michel (5'11/208) ends his career at Georgia having rushed for 3,515 yards and 33 touchdowns, plus 64 catches for 621 yards and six scores. He possesses an excellent blend of speed and quickness and a late Day 1 selection for the NFL Draft is not out of the question.

Jan 1 - 9:23 PM

I have picks 1.04, 1.11, and 2.04 next year. Maybe I’ll end up with the Georgia backfield with two of those picks.
You got a shot at Chubb at 1.04, that's going to be right in his sweet spot, but I don't think Michel lasts to 1.11.  He was probably in that range this morning but his ADP should take a jolt now.

You got a shot at Chubb at 1.04, that's going to be right in his sweet spot, but I don't think Michel lasts to 1.11.  He was probably in that range this morning but his ADP should take a jolt now.
It will really be interesting to see where all these guys end up and how that affects ADP. I’m going to go nuts over the next few months waiting for the NFL draft and my dynasty draft.

I actually prefer Michel to Chubb, seems to be more of a threat in the passing game.

Users who are viewing this thread