What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty Rankings (1 Viewer)

THE UNDERCOVER BROTHA said:
REGGIE BUSH in non ppr dynasty

How do you value him? He is avg about 37rush yrds/a game and 30rec yrds/a game.

Not sure what to make of him. Every non ppr league i am in no one starts him.

Is he droppable for maybe a possible budding star like Austin.

With Jones liking Austin and he saving the Boys butt this week they could move him to starter opposite ROY going foward and

he could be the teams new deep threat/playmaker. And probably would do more than 67yrds/a game???

Is this crazy thinking or am i not valueing R.Bush right?
I think you answered your own question. You should value him as a low 3rd or 4th RB with little to no upside. With 1/2 PPR, f&l has him #26. Without PPR he is a pick em with guys like Leon Washington, Fred Jackson, Caddy, Sproles, and Choice.I was able to move him in a non-PPR for Keller last week. I was considering dropping him for Marcedes Lewis to fill Gates' bye before that. I would drop him for the right breaking/project WR.

Last edited by a moderator:
I gotta admit, as a Chad Henne dynasty owner I'm a little bit giddy right now. I don't think he's the next Peyton Manning or anything, but I love when young QBs on my team look like they're going to be around for a long, long time, and Henne tonight definitely rewarded my faith in him.

I gotta admit, as a Chad Henne dynasty owner I'm a little bit giddy right now. I don't think he's the next Peyton Manning or anything, but I love when young QBs on my team look like they're going to be around for a long, long time, and Henne tonight definitely rewarded my faith in him.
I totally agree and I think next year could be even better.He will be my 3rd QB by Wed if all goes as planned.

EBF said:
SSOG said:
WFR said:
Where would you rank Wallace, PIT and Caldwell, CIN in regards to Collie, Garcon, Nicks, Britt?They are a couple I am targeting in my dynasty league.NicksCollieGarconBritt-man what I would give to see him with a real QB!WallaceCaldwell
NicksCaldwellBrittWallaceGarconCollieEdited to Add: This is not a totally hypothetical exercise for me. I added Collie, Garcon, Caldwell, and Wallace either over the offseason or after week 1 (along with Sims-Walker and Austin), and when faced with the choice of which young prospects to package for an older veteran who is producing right now, I actively shopped Collie, Garcon, and Austin with the intention of keeping and developing MSW, Caldwell, and Wallace on my roster.
I like this list. I have Nicks a notch above the rest of these guys. I'm not as high on Mike Wallace as most people are. He's a deep threat and not much else. I don't see him ever developing into a reliable FF WR. He's basically a lesser Bernard Berrian.
Wallace = a cheaper Nate Washington :thumbup:
Outside of the fact that they both wore/wear black and gold, how is this even remotely a good comparison? Let's play a game. Name all of the players in the NFL faster than Mike Wallace. I'll start:1. Chris Johnson2. DeSean Jackson3. :goodposting:

WFR said:
F&L,Since your 9/17 Dynasty Rankings for RB's do you see Moreno moving up or down from #9RB?Trying to gauge his value since he's finally getting some playing time in.I'm considering trading Lynch for Moreno in a non-ppr dynasty league.Also, does Pierre Thomas move up from #25RB?
I have Moreno staying right where he is.As far as Lynch vs. Moreno, it's not even close. You'd have to add a heck of a lot more to Lynch, to get me to give up Moreno. What's taken you so long?Yes, Pierre Thomas moves up.

With Jones liking Austin and he saving the Boys butt this week they could move him to starter opposite ROY going foward and

he could be the teams new deep threat/playmaker. And probably would do more than 67yrds/a game???

Bush is awful in non-PPR, but he's not drop-able expect in tiny leagues.He is what he is -- a role player.

WFR said:
Fear & Loathing said:
BrittNicks...Wallace.Collie/Garcon/Caldwell
Thanks!If Young takes over for Collins does Britt's value go up or down?
Vince Young as a passer is bad news for all of his receivers ... and this is coming from someone who thinks Kerry Collins is an unmitigated disaster. If I got paid $5 for every NFL analyst who gave Collins far too much credit, I could retire and live in the tropics. Can you believe people who get paid to analyze football actually had him as an MVP candidate late last season? D'oh!

Bush is awful in non-PPR, but he's not drop-able expect in tiny leagues.He is what he is -- a role player.
Awful? Not really. Reggie Bush isn't just a role player, he's a quality contributor. It's not like he's Mewelde Moore. Bush has averaged 80 yards and .5 TDs per game for his career. I'd gleefully take that sort of production out of my RB3. His numbers are down so far this year, almost entirely as a result of Bush averaging 2 catches per game below his career average. Give him those two catches per game and he's performing right at his career average, with a slight downtick in TDs (which are all a crapshoot, anyway, and likely to come since New Orleans seems to love using him in the red zone this year). In yardage heavy or PPR or return yardage leagues, he's a quality RB3 or even a low-end RB2 (actually, he was the #1 fantasy RB before he got injured last year in my yardage-heavy no PPR league that counts punt return yardage the same as rushing/receiving yardage).He's a big injury question mark, but he's still a quality fantasy contributor. Also, no way in hell does Austin keep up his 66 ypg pace- a pace that is inflated by the biggest receiving game in Cowboys history. Prior to this week, Austin had 1/42, 1/20, 0/0, and 3/19. That's one game with more than one catch, one game with more than 20 yards. This week, he went for 10/250/2. The 250 yards is far more aberration than the four weeks prior. I expect him to outperform the previous four weeks, but expecting him to keep up his big-game-inflated pace is unreasonable. Especially because if that game hadn't gone to overtime, his pace would only be 54 yards per game, anyway.

Bush is quality depth, Austin is a crapshoot. There are a dozen Miles Austin's available every season (just look at this season so far- Sims-Walker, Caldwell, Garcon, Collie, Austin, Massoquai, Manningham, Edelman, etc). If you miss out on this one, just grab the next. Maybe it'll be Chaz Schilens when he comes back. Maybe the Patriots will activate Brandon Tate and he'll have a 120 yard game. Maybe Malcolm Floyd or Legedu Naanee blow up for a huge game in San Diego (actually, I think this one's incredibly likely at some point, given the way SD has been running and Rivers has been slinging it). Maybe Keenan Burton or Donnie Avery finally step up and take over now that Laurent Robinson are out of town. Maybe Sammy Stroughter becomes the go-to guy for the Bucs. Unproven WRs who put up big games are among the most overrated commodities in fantasy football (along with late first round draft picks). They're so unbelievably common. Granted, 250 yards is an obscenely big game, but Austin only had 5 catches for 81 yards coming into this week. He had 350 total receiving yards in his three seasons prior to this one. If you really believe in his talent, then make a play for him, but don't buy him just because he had a big game, or else you're chasing last week's stats. History is littered with one game wonders, especially guys who had done absolutely nothing for 3 years and then just exploded onto the scene (Frisman Jackson, anyone?).

EBF said:
SSOG said:
WFR said:
Where would you rank Wallace, PIT and Caldwell, CIN in regards to Collie, Garcon, Nicks, Britt?They are a couple I am targeting in my dynasty league.NicksCollieGarconBritt-man what I would give to see him with a real QB!WallaceCaldwell
NicksCaldwellBrittWallaceGarconCollieEdited to Add: This is not a totally hypothetical exercise for me. I added Collie, Garcon, Caldwell, and Wallace either over the offseason or after week 1 (along with Sims-Walker and Austin), and when faced with the choice of which young prospects to package for an older veteran who is producing right now, I actively shopped Collie, Garcon, and Austin with the intention of keeping and developing MSW, Caldwell, and Wallace on my roster.
I like this list. I have Nicks a notch above the rest of these guys. I'm not as high on Mike Wallace as most people are. He's a deep threat and not much else. I don't see him ever developing into a reliable FF WR. He's basically a lesser Bernard Berrian.
Wallace = a cheaper Nate Washington :goodposting:
Outside of the fact that they both wore/wear black and gold, how is this even remotely a good comparison? Let's play a game. Name all of the players in the NFL faster than Mike Wallace. I'll start:1. Chris Johnson2. DeSean Jackson3. :goodposting:
Hmmm...Stanford Routt? Fabian Washington?A lot of great football players are fast, but not everyone who's fast is a great football player. I think the Nate Washington comparison is accurate in the sense that Wallace looks like a one trick pony deep threat with an otherwise mediocre skill set. IMO his early success is misleading. Yea, he can get deep and beat nickle backs for big plays, but that doesn't mean he's going to be effective when he doesn't have Holmes/Ward/Miller drawing all the coverage. I think he's more Ashley Lelie/Bernard Berrian than Chad Johnson/Greg Jennings. Time will tell.

I think the Nate Washington comparison is accurate in the sense that Wallace looks like a one trick pony deep threat with an otherwise mediocre skill set. IMO his early success is misleading. Yea, he can get deep and beat nickle backs for big plays, but that doesn't mean he's going to be effective when he doesn't have Holmes/Ward/Miller drawing all the coverage. I think he's more Ashley Lelie/Bernard Berrian than Chad Johnson/Greg Jennings. Time will tell.
I don't think being Bernard Berrian is a bad thing. His best years were better than Santonio Holmes' best years (so far). Actually I think Berrian is a great comparison. Berrian is not just a deep threat. He is a deep threat who is dependable enough of short and medium routes that the QB will still use him there. Berrian had a 70 catch year. He's had 8/60 games. He doesn't go away when the deep ball goes away.Looking at Wallace's very small sample size so far, he doesn't seem to go away either. Just looking at his first game - when the TEN game was on the line in Week 1, Roethlisberger sure seemed to trust him. 1st game rookie, and there's some trust there. He's already had a 7 catch game. Ashley Lelie never did that.I'm more worried about when Holmes/Ward/Miller won't be there to draw coverage instead of what if. Ward is signed through 2013, so you're looking at Wallace staying the 3rd or 4th through his rookie contract.

Did two things I really wanted to do Sunday - sold Welker and bought Henne. Also got two future #1 picks :thumbup:

Welker's health scares the crap out of me and Henne's legit. I don't think he'll be great this year, but when Miami adds a WR this offseason he will be going forward.

For those digging deep and are looking for lightning in a bottle at QB add Brett Ratliff. Yea, I know, Cleveland's offense is a joke...but we're talking dynasty here. Quinn may not be a Brown this time next week and even if he is it'll take several things happening to ensure he's still a Brown in 2010. I wouldn't bet on that, DA's not the answer, Ratliff's played well in preseason and has shown the tools needed to be a successful NFL QB, Ratliff is a Mangini guy, and Mangini loves playing his guys...for better or worse.

WFR said:
Fear & Loathing said:
BrittNicks...Wallace.Collie/Garcon/Caldwell
Thanks!If Young takes over for Collins does Britt's value go up or down?
Vince Young as a passer is bad news for all of his receivers ... and this is coming from someone who thinks Kerry Collins is an unmitigated disaster. If I got paid $5 for every NFL analyst who gave Collins far too much credit, I could retire and live in the tropics. Can you believe people who get paid to analyze football actually had him as an MVP candidate late last season? D'oh!
If this is so then why do you rank Britt over Hicks?Collins is a bad QB impersonator and I doubt Young will ever mature into a NFL caliber QB/Leader.Does Britt's skill set exceed Nick's that much?Nicks has a Manning throwing him the ball but does have more competition.I have Britt and am wondering whether or not to hold him or trade him in a deal to land Nicks. I like what I see with Britt but his situation is nutz.Help me get my head around this and thanks for all your help.Currently in 3rd place in a 12-team dynasty league and looking better every day.

I am wondering if Collie and Garcon are going to cripple Gonzalez's value. It appears to me that both can play. Manning is obviously a fantastic QB to distribute the ball, but how many receivers can realistically be started there? Clark and Wayne are averaging 18 targets combined. Manning is throwing 36 passes/game. The RBs are averaging 7.5/game. That leaves 10.5 for Gonzo, Collie and Garcon to split if the distribution remains consistent. Not pretty for any of the three IMO. Curious on the opinions of Breaston. Just traded for him, and was a bit surprised to see him so far down F&Ls list.
I only own him in one league, but that league rewards punt return yardage the same as receiving yardage, which certainly makes a big difference for Breaston, Royal, Hester, and DeSean (who are essentially a lock for 200+ punt return yards a year).I don't see a lot of Arizona, so I haven't seen Breaston play much, but I like the fact that his production takes a step up when Fitz or Boldin are out (meaning he could be a legit NFL WR2), as well as the fact that Boldin is as good as gone. I don't like the fact that Breaston will likely soon be catching passes from Matt Leinart instead of Kurt Warner.
Shameless bump for some more thoughts on Breaston.Also is Greg Olsen a good buy low? He leads CHI in targets, but hasn't really put it together with Cutler yet.

Curious on the opinions of Breaston. Just traded for him, and was a bit surprised to see him so far down F&Ls list.
I only own him in one league, but that league rewards punt return yardage the same as receiving yardage, which certainly makes a big difference for Breaston, Royal, Hester, and DeSean (who are essentially a lock for 200+ punt return yards a year).I don't see a lot of Arizona, so I haven't seen Breaston play much, but I like the fact that his production takes a step up when Fitz or Boldin are out (meaning he could be a legit NFL WR2), as well as the fact that Boldin is as good as gone. I don't like the fact that Breaston will likely soon be catching passes from Matt Leinart instead of Kurt Warner.
Shameless bump for some more thoughts on Breaston.
I don't think Breaston is worth much. He is a right time/right place player. Jeremy Urban steps in and does about equally as well. His upside of being the #2 in Arizona is completely neutralized by his downside of having a new QB. I would put him with Devery Henderson and Nate Washington - someone you wouldn't hate putting in that 3rd WR spot and could get hot but you aren't expecting it.
Also is Greg Olsen a good buy low? He leads CHI in targets, but hasn't really put it together with Cutler yet.
I think most Olsen owners still see the upside and will be patient. Keller and Cooley may be better targets this week.

I have a question regarding Lee Evans in particular but would like to see a discussion in general regarding holding on to talent playing in a bad situation. Evans is clearly on a team going nowhere. He just signed an extension last year so he is not going any where soon baring a trade. How do you all feel about holding talent while waiting for a situation to change? Does your philosophy change with position (rb, wr, qb) or scoring rules?

I scooped him up in a start 2 QB format dynasty this offseason. The league was only going into its second year and he wasn't on a roster. 10 dynasty noobs. I was able to roster both him and Josh Freeman to go along with Peyton Manning, Carson Palmer and Joe Flacco. I'll be able to watch Henne develop while he sits on my bench but I would imagine somebody will come knocking for him at some point.

If this is so then why do you rank Britt over Hicks?Collins is a bad QB impersonator and I doubt Young will ever mature into a NFL caliber QB/Leader.Does Britt's skill set exceed Nick's that much?Nicks has a Manning throwing him the ball but does have more competition.I have Britt and am wondering whether or not to hold him or trade him in a deal to land Nicks. I like what I see with Britt but his situation is nutz.Help me get my head around this and thanks for all your help.Currently in 3rd place in a 12-team dynasty league and looking better every day.
This is dynasty. Who cares if Vince Young is a worse passer than Kerry Collins *THIS YEAR*. If Vince Young sucks, he'll be gone, and Kenny Britt will get a real NFL QB under center. If Vince Young surprises and doesn't suck, then Britt will already have a real NFL QB under center. Don't alter dynasty rankings based solely on the immediate future, especially for a rookie WR like Britt. Rank them based on talent, and if they're as talented as you think, the situation will fall into place eventually.

I have a question regarding Lee Evans in particular but would like to see a discussion in general regarding holding on to talent playing in a bad situation. Evans is clearly on a team going nowhere. He just signed an extension last year so he is not going any where soon baring a trade. How do you all feel about holding talent while waiting for a situation to change? Does your philosophy change with position (rb, wr, qb) or scoring rules?
<Evans owner>With Evans, what are your other options? Sell him for pennies on the dollar? Cut him? Evans is too talented to cut, and while I suppose you could trade him if you can get a decent deal, there's no way you're getting as much as his talent should be worth. **** Jauron is as good as gone, so I'm just going to keep holding him to see what happens. He's got 6-7 more years of high-caliber production left in him, and a *LOT* can change in that time (case in point: 7 years ago in Buffalo, that offense was a fantasy mecca- Bledsoe had 4400/26, Travis Henry had 1750/14, Moulds had 1250/10, and Price had 1250/9).Even in the worst case scenario, if nothing ever materializes for the Bills and they go through a Raider-like period of consistent awfulness, then what have you lost? The opportunity to sell Evans for pennies will always be there.</Evans owner>

Outside of the fact that they both wore/wear black and gold, how is this even remotely a good comparison? Let's play a game. Name all of the players in the NFL faster than Mike Wallace. I'll start:1. Chris Johnson2. DeSean Jackson3. :yucky:
Hmmm...Stanford Routt? Fabian Washington?A lot of great football players are fast, but not everyone who's fast is a great football player. I think the Nate Washington comparison is accurate in the sense that Wallace looks like a one trick pony deep threat with an otherwise mediocre skill set. IMO his early success is misleading. Yea, he can get deep and beat nickle backs for big plays, but that doesn't mean he's going to be effective when he doesn't have Holmes/Ward/Miller drawing all the coverage. I think he's more Ashley Lelie/Bernard Berrian than Chad Johnson/Greg Jennings. Time will tell.
That's sort of what I was getting at - their game is similar in terms of being a "one trick pony", but also that Wallace is literally a cheaper option for the Steelers filling the same kind of role that Washington filled previous - the "big play" guy, if you will. Now, Wallace has impressed me at times with his catches in traffic and his adjustments to the ball in air, but I just don't ever see him being truly consistent and ever really being more than a fantasy WR2/3 at best... and inconsistent even at his best. As long as Wallace is a Steeler, I don't see him being any more than Washington was... and Washington hasn't exactly proven himself as a WR1 which he was paid to be in TEN.When I look at that list, I see Nicks having BY FAR the most upside in terms of being a true WR1 for NFL and fantasy purposes. I'd also probably rank Collie and Garcon higher... Garcon is a small school guy but clearly has the physical tools to be a starter, and Collie runs routes like a crafty vet. I think both of them have so much upside if they were to win a starting role in that offense which will be highly productive as long as Manning is around. I could certainly see Wayne moving on and Garcon/Collie filling the Wayne/Harrison roles. (Yes, Collie runs routes like Harrison... I said it). To be honest, I've never been too high on Gonzalez ... so I may be underselling his potential... but....

SSOG said:
This is dynasty. Who cares if Vince Young is a worse passer than Kerry Collins *THIS YEAR*. If Vince Young sucks, he'll be gone, and Kenny Britt will get a real NFL QB under center. If Vince Young surprises and doesn't suck, then Britt will already have a real NFL QB under center. Don't alter dynasty rankings based solely on the immediate future, especially for a rookie WR like Britt. Rank them based on talent, and if they're as talented as you think, the situation will fall into place eventually.
Well said!Jordy Nelson vs. James Jones again.Does Jordy move up in the dynasty ranks at all and how does he compare to those on the list we've been re-hashing above?He now has kick off and punt return duties as well.The dude is shifty for a 6'3" 217lb WR.

Well said!Jordy Nelson vs. James Jones again.Does Jordy move up in the dynasty ranks at all and how does he compare to those on the list we've been re-hashing above?He now has kick off and punt return duties as well.The dude is shifty for a 6'3" 217lb WR.
This is why I'm so glad that I own both. I'm quite certain that at least one of them will turn into a valuable fantasy asset in the next 2 years, but I don't have the faintest clue as to which it'll be. Both have looked good in turns. Nelson has looked substantially better so far this year, but the coaches seemed to prefer Jones in the preseason. Heck, earlier in the season I even traded for Donald Driver to complete the trifecta. I'm petitioning my league to try and roll them all into a single Frankenstein FF player named "WR2 - Green Bay" so that I don't have to burn three roster spots on them going forward. ;)Gun to my head, if I had to pick a guy going forward, it'd be Nelson... but I'd also take out a nice life insurance policy, because I have very little faith in that pick.

What's up with Greg Jennings?

Do you guys see GB getting their O-line straightened out and him becoming more productive?

Still a Tier 2 WR for dynasty purposes?

What's up with Greg Jennings?Do you guys see GB getting their O-line straightened out and him becoming more productive?Still a Tier 2 WR for dynasty purposes?
I think Jennings will end up down from last years numbers. Probably more in the WR 8-12 range than the WR4 he finished last year. My guess is 1100/7. Jennings is still a talent and Rodgers is exceptional. I believe the offensive line issues will get to a level of tolerable. They've got DET and CLE next to get things straightened out, as well as just coming off the BYE. I don't think he gets moved from Tier 2 based on what's going on with the oline right now. This is dynasty. He'll be fine long term. Very stable and desirable situation.

This is why I'm so glad that I own both. I'm quite certain that at least one of them will turn into a valuable fantasy asset in the next 2 years, but I don't have the faintest clue as to which it'll be. Both have looked good in turns. Nelson has looked substantially better so far this year, but the coaches seemed to prefer Jones in the preseason. Heck, earlier in the season I even traded for Donald Driver to complete the trifecta. I'm petitioning my league to try and roll them all into a single Frankenstein FF player named "WR2 - Green Bay" so that I don't have to burn three roster spots on them going forward. :(Gun to my head, if I had to pick a guy going forward, it'd be Nelson... but I'd also take out a nice life insurance policy, because I have very little faith in that pick.
This one has come up a lot, but I'll chime in here again. I was ready to switch from Jones to Nelson after this preseason. Nelson showed up big in the preseason games, showed some serious long speed and good hands. Jones was all but invisible in those same games. I had always preferred Jones because of the hands and deceptive speed he'd shown as a rookie. He also has the build of a Ward/Boldin type guy. He breaks tackles. But we hadn't really seen any of that since the first 12 games of 2007. 2008 was a wash for Jones due to a sprained MCL he suffered in training camp. He just never got right all year. So why am I back on the Jones bandwagon? Bob McGinn, one of the best writers in the NFL, has covered the Packers for decades. He'd be the first to tell you he's not an NFL scout, but the guy has an uncanny knack for predicting the Packers, both in personnel and as a team. After watching the preseason practices, he said Jones was all the way back to his form in 2007. That has yet to translate into production. It seems like the Packers plan to help the offensive line is to get back to short passes and emphasize YAC. That is what James Jones was brought in to do. I'd expect to see him be more productive in the next few weeks.

corpcow said:
Outside of the fact that they both wore/wear black and gold, how is this even remotely a good comparison?

Let's play a game. Name all of the players in the NFL faster than Mike Wallace. I'll start:

1. Chris Johnson

2. DeSean Jackson

3. :confused:
Hmmm...Stanford Routt? Fabian Washington?A lot of great football players are fast, but not everyone who's fast is a great football player. I think the Nate Washington comparison is accurate in the sense that Wallace looks like a one trick pony deep threat with an otherwise mediocre skill set. IMO his early success is misleading. Yea, he can get deep and beat nickle backs for big plays, but that doesn't mean he's going to be effective when he doesn't have Holmes/Ward/Miller drawing all the coverage.

I think he's more Ashley Lelie/Bernard Berrian than Chad Johnson/Greg Jennings. Time will tell.
That's sort of what I was getting at - their game is similar in terms of being a "one trick pony", but also that Wallace is literally a cheaper option for the Steelers filling the same kind of role that Washington filled previous - the "big play" guy, if you will. Now, Wallace has impressed me at times with his catches in traffic and his adjustments to the ball in air, but I just don't ever see him being truly consistent and ever really being more than a fantasy WR2/3 at best... and inconsistent even at his best. As long as Wallace is a Steeler, I don't see him being any more than Washington was... and Washington hasn't exactly proven himself as a WR1 which he was paid to be in TEN.

When I look at that list, I see Nicks having BY FAR the most upside in terms of being a true WR1 for NFL and fantasy purposes. I'd also probably rank Collie and Garcon higher... Garcon is a small school guy but clearly has the physical tools to be a starter, and Collie runs routes like a crafty vet. I think both of them have so much upside if they were to win a starting role in that offense which will be highly productive as long as Manning is around. I could certainly see Wayne moving on and Garcon/Collie filling the Wayne/Harrison roles. (Yes, Collie runs routes like Harrison... I said it). To be honest, I've never been too high on Gonzalez ... so I may be underselling his potential... but....
I agree completely. Most of the others guys on that original list have nice talent and/or situations. But Nicks' talent is on another level, and his situation is pretty good too. He looks the part of a true number 1 ala Bowe from a few years ago - in fact, to me he looks even more physical than Bowe, which is saying a lot. And as I've posted elsewhere he already seems to have a great feel for the speed of the NFL game, which is pretty impressive considering all of his setbacks. I think he'll only get better as the season goes on and by next season he should be option 1 or at the very least 1b to Smith's 1a, in the NYG passing game.

To me there seems to be a lack of love for Ray Rice. In PPR, he seems to be gold. His full potential does not seem to have been reached. He's not scoring TD's yet. But those should come. He's sharing touches with McGahee but that hasn't prevented him from being highly productive.

Maybe there has already been extensive discussion on this earlier in the thread.

I just traded for him straight up and gave Brandon Marshall. It wasn't easy to do.

Like both players a lot. To me it's not too late to try to get Rice. Some owners may

feel they are selling high. Me thinks it could be buying low (talking PPR leagues)...

his value is low. i cannot give him away.

Awful? Not really. Reggie Bush isn't just a role player, he's a quality contributor. It's not like he's Mewelde Moore. Bush has averaged 80 yards and .5 TDs per game for his career. I'd gleefully take that sort of production out of my RB3. His numbers are down so far this year, almost entirely as a result of Bush averaging 2 catches per game below his career average.
Reggie Bush is a role player. You can site all the numbers you want from earlier in his career, but the Saints are no longer using him like they did earlier in his career. You can make all kinds of excuses for why his numbers are down this year, but the truth is he just isn't a big part of the offense anymore.

To me there seems to be a lack of love for Ray Rice. In PPR, he seems to be gold. His full potential does not seem to have been reached. He's not scoring TD's yet. But those should come. He's sharing touches with McGahee but that hasn't prevented him from being highly productive.Maybe there has already been extensive discussion on this earlier in the thread.I just traded for him straight up and gave Brandon Marshall. It wasn't easy to do.Like both players a lot. To me it's not too late to try to get Rice. Some owners mayfeel they are selling high. Me thinks it could be buying low (talking PPR leagues)...
I :thumbup: Ray Rice in PPR leagues. I just received an offer in our startup Footballguys Dynasty Thread league (where I have Rice as my RB3). It was essentially Kevin Smith for Rice straight up. I didn't come close to accepting. There's no question I'd rather have Rice than Brandon Marshall.

SSOG said:
:thumbup: I don't think V.Y. will even be in Tennessee next year.

<Evans owner>With Evans, what are your other options? Sell him for pennies on the dollar? Cut him? Evans is too talented to cut, and while I suppose you could trade him if you can get a decent deal, there's no way you're getting as much as his talent should be worth. **** Jauron is as good as gone, so I'm just going to keep holding him to see what happens. He's got 6-7 more years of high-caliber production left in him, and a *LOT* can change in that time (case in point: 7 years ago in Buffalo, that offense was a fantasy mecca- Bledsoe had 4400/26, Travis Henry had 1750/14, Moulds had 1250/10, and Price had 1250/9).Even in the worst case scenario, if nothing ever materializes for the Bills and they go through a Raider-like period of consistent awfulness, then what have you lost? The opportunity to sell Evans for pennies will always be there.</Evans owner>
I have Evans in the aforementioned Footballguys Dynasty Thread League. I posted a comment on the board Sunday saying that I could no longer let Trent Edwards hold Evans hostage ... and if anyone had an extra receiver they wanted to deal, I was interested. I got a few decent offers, but all offers involving Lee Evans basically wanted him for a song. There's just no reason to trade him if you're not going to get anything of value in return. I commiserate with munchkin's sentiments. I was just thinking that 2 weeks ago about Evans being signed there long-term, and Edwards is obviously not the answer at QB, so just how long are we left holding onto Evans as a bench player? If I could get something useful and reliable that would help me win now, I'd deal Evans. But the vultures and circling, and they're only offering scraps. I'm resigned to holding onto him until the Bills get a new QB.

Ray Rice is a Top 5 [at worst] PPR dynasty back. Would not sell.

Talent. Situation. Great O-line. What more do you want?

To me there seems to be a lack of love for Ray Rice. In PPR, he seems to be gold. His full potential does not seem to have been reached. He's not scoring TD's yet. But those should come. He's sharing touches with McGahee but that hasn't prevented him from being highly productive.Maybe there has already been extensive discussion on this earlier in the thread.I just traded for him straight up and gave Brandon Marshall. It wasn't easy to do.Like both players a lot. To me it's not too late to try to get Rice. Some owners mayfeel they are selling high. Me thinks it could be buying low (talking PPR leagues)...
I :sadbanana: Ray Rice in PPR leagues. I just received an offer in our startup Footballguys Dynasty Thread league (where I have Rice as my RB3). It was essentially Kevin Smith for Rice straight up. I didn't come close to accepting. There's no question I'd rather have Rice than Brandon Marshall.
So I shouldn't click "Submit" on that Marshall for Rice trade offer, then? :confused:

EBF hasn't brought it up the past two weeks, so I will: Who owes him a mea culpa on the rough Rashard Mendenhall treatment?
I've never ragged on him on these forums (that I remember) but I will certainly admit to feeling he would never become even a decent NFL back. He just didn't seem to have it. I watched that 160 yard game (as I'm sure many did) and he was a totally different back. Sure he still spins too often, but he ran with authority and showed great vision. As a Steeler fan I'm pretty happy.

I :unsure: Ray Rice in PPR leagues. I just received an offer in our startup Footballguys Dynasty Thread league (where I have Rice as my RB3). It was essentially Kevin Smith for Rice straight up. I didn't come close to accepting. There's no question I'd rather have Rice than Brandon Marshall.
So I shouldn't click "Submit" on that Marshall for Rice trade offer, then? :D
Let's hold off until we start the Footballguys Dynasty Thread League for the Colorado Penal System.

Fear & Loathing said:
I :ptts: Ray Rice in PPR leagues. I just received an offer in our startup Footballguys Dynasty Thread league (where I have Rice as my RB3). It was essentially Kevin Smith for Rice straight up. I didn't come close to accepting. There's no question I'd rather have Rice than Brandon Marshall.
How can you have him so much lower in your blogspot (1/2 PPR?) rankings then? Updated today, still way down at #18. I realize he is rising a lot lately, but even with McGahee taking a half gillion TDs, he's still #8 in PPG in my non-PPR league for the year so far. He's a top 10 RB in all dynasty leagues now. He is doing great, and he's only going to get better.

F&L,Since your 9/17 Dynasty Rankings for RB's do you see Moreno moving up or down from #9RB?Trying to gauge his value since he's finally getting some playing time in.I'm considering trading Lynch for Moreno in a non-ppr dynasty league.Also, does Pierre Thomas move up from #25RB?
I have Moreno staying right where he is.
I guess I lied. I'm in the middle of updating the RBs right now. Upon further research/reflection, Moreno is sitting at No. 6.

Fear & Loathing said:
I :ptts: Ray Rice in PPR leagues. I just received an offer in our startup Footballguys Dynasty Thread league (where I have Rice as my RB3). It was essentially Kevin Smith for Rice straight up. I didn't come close to accepting.

There's no question I'd rather have Rice than Brandon Marshall.
How can you have him so much lower in your blogspot (1/2 PPR?) rankings then? Updated today, still way down at #18. I realize he is rising a lot lately, but even with McGahee taking a half gillion TDs, he's still #8 in PPG in my non-PPR league for the year so far. He's a top 10 RB in all dynasty leagues now. He is doing great, and he's only going to get better.
Whoops, accidentally hit "enter" before doing any editing. I'll delete that until I finish. I think Rice is No. 10 or 12.

Fear & Loathing said:
I :goodposting: Ray Rice in PPR leagues. I just received an offer in our startup Footballguys Dynasty Thread league (where I have Rice as my RB3). It was essentially Kevin Smith for Rice straight up. I didn't come close to accepting.

There's no question I'd rather have Rice than Brandon Marshall.
Whoops, accidentally hit "enter" before doing any editing. I'll delete that until I finish. I think Rice is No. 10 or 12.
Haha, sweet. Yeah, I was wondering why so little movement. Or no movement.

I guess I lied. I'm in the middle of updating the RBs right now. Upon further research/reflection, Moreno is sitting at No. 6.
Wow. I love me some Moreno, but that seems a bit high. Then again, he is a rookie RB who can do it all and has already shown the "it" factor, running behind a great O Line, with a coach who loves him. Guess I'll have to wait and see who you move down to bump Moreno up that high.

Wow. I love me some Moreno, but that seems a bit high. Then again, he is a rookie RB who can do it all and has already shown the "it" factor, running behind a great O Line, with a coach who loves him. Guess I'll have to wait and see who you move down to bump Moreno up that high.
I think I've done a pretty good job of devaluing aging RBs up to this point (I got ripped to shreds for having Portis too low all offseason), but I think the one big flashing red neon light lesson of 2008 and 2009 is that young stud RBs are gold and aging RBs are dust.

I think I've done a pretty good job of devaluing aging RBs up to this point (I got ripped to shreds for having Portis too low all offseason), but I think the one big flashing red neon light lesson of 2008 and 2009 is that young stud RBs are gold and aging RBs are dust.
Agreed. You're right in that this has become very evident this season. I think Rice should also be moved into the top 10 for this very reason, or at least, very close. We are definitely witnessing a changing of the guard this season.

Agreed. You're right in that this has become very evident this season. I think Rice should also be moved into the top 10 for this very reason, or at least, very close. We are definitely witnessing a changing of the guard this season.
First 3 tiers are updated on the blog. We are the same wavelength.Can't believe how high I'm about to put Cedric Benson . . .

FOL:

Why is Palmer on the QB falling for week 6??

Also Leon Washington, I know his touches have been talked about going up and has yet to happen but I think we are about to see it happen.

FOL:

Also Leon Washington, I know his touches have been talked about going up and has yet to happen but I think we are about to see it happen.
The final minute comebacks keep making the highlight reels, but Palmer is no longer the QB he used to be before the ACL injury. He's been downright awful for 75% - 80% of the game in the previous 3 weeks. He's no longer as accurate as he used to be, his deep ball isn't as good, his decision making has been off, and he doesn't deal as well with defensive pressure.

FOL:

The final minute comebacks keep making the highlight reels, but Palmer is no longer the QB he used to be before the ACL injury. He's been downright awful for 75% - 80% of the game in the previous 3 weeks. He's no longer as accurate as he used to be, his deep ball isn't as good, his decision making has been off, and he doesn't deal as well with defensive pressure.
How aboutFalling:

Tom Brady?

Just saying :bag:

Users who are viewing this thread