What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[Dynasty] Todd Gurley (3 Viewers)

Tale of the tape - week 7

Gurley 19-128-2 rushing (6.7 average), 4-35-0 receiving

Bell 17-121-0 rushing (7.1 average), 4-16-0 receiving

Once the Rams get a real threat in the passing game Gurley will begin to break records. Just imagine what he could do when there's not eight in the box.

Once the Rams get a real threat in the passing game Gurley will begin to break records. Just imagine what he could do when there's not eight in the box.
Yup. BTW, there were times Clev had 9 in the box today.
I honestly have never seen a back his size get through such small spaces at the line of scrimmage. Everytime I think there's nothing there he's breaking through for a long run. No matter what you call him, "special" "beast" ect., it's an understatement!

I knew he was going to be great. Had that feeling. And yet I am still sitting there saying "wow" when I see him play. This is the most exciting complete big back I've seen since maybe James Lewis came in. The combo of skills he has is crazy. I don't know how he's not the number one dynasty back. Even against bell or anyone else.

No, some good players, everybody was afraid of his knee injury. I was also after getting burned by Marcus Lattimore a few years ago.

Tale of the tape - week 7

Gurley 19-128-2 rushing (6.7 average), 4-35-0 receiving

Bell 17-121-0 rushing (7.1 average), 4-16-0 receiving
Would you handicap it with Gurley at home vs Cleveland and Bell on the road at Arrowhead with new QB?

Interesting race for sure.

Now that he's ultra-beasting, it will be interesting to see what kind of offers come down the pike; especially in dynasty.
i get that all players are trade-able for the right offer, but i can't envision a scenario where i would trade Gurley in a dynasty.
My league has been going for 15 years now so, knock on wood, it will keep going for many more.

That said, I'd consider another owner's 1st round picks in perpetuity.

Back to football talk... And Gurley appreciation. http://espn.go.com/blog/statsinfo/post/_/id/110883/gurley-bowls-over-browns-continues-impressive-run

97 yards after contact today. That's a season high for all NFL players. Same as it ever was at UGA. The guy just breaks a ton of tackles and is a beast.
He seriously looks like he's covered in grease. Guys try to tackle them and they just seem to slide off him.
Like I've said before, it's his amazing ability to get small and lower his pad level at all the right moments. He runs through tackles with regularity based on those things more than any other IMO. Guy just has all the natural instincts of an All Pro RB. Helps to have his size and athleticism as well.

Back to football talk... And Gurley appreciation. http://espn.go.com/blog/statsinfo/post/_/id/110883/gurley-bowls-over-browns-continues-impressive-run

97 yards after contact today. That's a season high for all NFL players. Same as it ever was at UGA. The guy just breaks a ton of tackles and is a beast.
He seriously looks like he's covered in grease. Guys try to tackle them and they just seem to slide off him.
Like I've said before, it's his amazing ability to get small and lower his pad level at all the right moments. He runs through tackles with regularity based on those things more than any other IMO. Guy just has all the natural instincts of an All Pro RB. Helps to have his size and athleticism as well.
Was happy to see him get involved in the passing game as well today in addition to finding the end zone. Skies the limit for this kid.

Sadly, what Cooper is doing was done last year by several rookie WRs. It has been a while since a rookie has done what Gurley is doing.

Like I've said before, it's his amazing ability to get small and lower his pad level at all the right moments. He runs through tackles with regularity based on those things more than any other IMO.Guy just has all the natural instincts of an All Pro RB. Helps to have his size and athleticism as well.
you meant HOF right?

He looks smooth as hell running the rock. Coming dead last in Dynasty is never fun but when it nets you a guy like this, it's a little easier to take.

With regards to trades, I don't think there is much out there right now that I would consider. This kid is special.

He looks smooth as hell running the rock. Coming dead last in Dynasty is never fun but when it nets you a guy like this, it's a little easier to take.

With regards to trades, I don't think there is much out there right now that I would consider. This kid is special.
Bell + Antonio Brown for TG3?

The Rams will pound the seahawks now that they have Gurley in the fold. That D will be all over russell-over-rated-wilson who will turn the ball over like he has been doing all year and in the plaoffs last year. And Gurley will pound them all game

Bell + Antonio Brown for TG3?
Haha ok yes that I would consider, but I have Ben as my QB so owning a teams whole offense probably wouldn't be ideal.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread